We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP***

Go down 
+4
masofdas
Buskalilly
Treesmurf
The Cappuccino Kid
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP*** Empty
PostSubject: The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP***   The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP*** EmptySun 5 Nov 2023 - 19:25

GNAMER FORUM
SECRET SANTA 2023!!!

Reindeer  Father Christmas  Reindeer  Father Christmas  Reindeer  Father Christmas

The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP*** Screenshot_1-066b

Once again we come to the Christmas season, a deeply poignant time that many observe in their own way. Some follow time-honoured traditions such as attending church services, some go shopping at holiday markets and some perhaps even go to visit Santa Claus themself. On the GNamer Forum, other practices are observed and respected: it’s the celebrated time of year where we can gift and receive loads and loads and loads of walloper-based sweets. Christmas is a magical, boabby-tastic time of year.

I invite you all to take part in the eleventh annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa! Hopefully our small userbase will feel compelled to join in again this year. I think the last couple have been the best ones yet, it’d be great if we can keep that good thing going.

So, straight into it: we’ll use elfster.com like we’ve done in the past. It’s here where you can add your name, address and ahead of the RSVP deadline on Sunday 19th November.

To take part in this year's Secret Santa, go to this address and follow the instructions:

https://www.elfster.com/gift-exchanges/82be2e33-d9fc-4e9c-9e71-afaeb9bd8cb2/?join=odji

The (Same Old) Rules:

• Santas will be drawn automatically early on the morning of Monday 20th November. Hopefully that’ll give you plenty of time to register your involvement, and then to buy and post presents.

• Please keep an eye on the Royal Mail’s dates for Christmas delivery. Industrial action for postal services took place on multiple dates in the run-up to the last two Christmases. The latest updates will be provided here: https://www.royalmail.com/latest-news . It would be very disappointing for anybody to miss out on their GNamer gift on December 25th.

• No matter how early your present arrives, please hold off on opening them/posting about it until December 25th. When you can, please post pictures of what you got, and your gratitude/appreciation.

• Let’s stick to a limit of £15, not including postage. I don’t think there’s any harm in going slightly over or slightly under the budget, but please don’t go too far over or (worse) too far under.

• Try and avoid emailing download codes if your geographical/personal/health circumstances allow you to. Ideally the gift(s) you send and receive should be physical, tangible things, it’s just better that way. There’ll be no vouchers for M&Co or sponsoring a goat at the local farm park or any of that bollocks though.

• Once names are dished out, please don’t post about the buying and sending of presents in the thread. That spoils it a bit - it’s easy to work out who you’re receiving a gift from that way.

• You can post if you receive your package, that’s no bother. It's helpful if you can message me when you post it too.

• If you say you're taking part and then fail to post out a present, you’ll not just be on Santa’s naughty list, but you’ll be banished to that Scottish town where The Latte Lad, The Frappe Fella and The Mocha Man will call you out for being a wank across their many, many online forums. Unless there’s a good reason, of course.

• There’s a Wishlist you can use too, if you’re wanting to help guide your Secret Santa. I trust that we should all know each other well enough to pick thoughtful and/or good quality presents, but a steer in the right direction probably won’t hurt.

Confirmed Santas:

treesmurf
Buskalilly
masofdas
andyman949
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid

Last edited by The Cappuccino Kid on Wed 3 Jan 2024 - 18:26; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP*** Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP***   The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP*** EmptySun 5 Nov 2023 - 21:04

Like every stereotypical hacker in a 90s film, I'm in.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP***   The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP*** EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:03

Like I used to say to reassure my ex-wife when she couldn't feel it, I'm in.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP***   The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP*** EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 9:42

I am also here to take part in the secret santa.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP***   The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP*** EmptyMon 13 Nov 2023 - 19:35

Like somebody cosplaying as an entire tavern, I'm in(n).
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP***   The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP*** EmptySun 19 Nov 2023 - 15:38

Alright lads - will need to give this one a miss this year. I've been in the process of changing jobs these last few months and unfortunately, the date I joined my new job has resulted in me not getting my first pay from there until next month. It'll be a lean month!

Still, I'll live vicariously through you lot and enjoy seeing what y'all get each other. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP***   The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP*** EmptyTue 21 Nov 2023 - 6:30

JayMoyles wrote:
Alright lads - will need to give this one a miss this year. I've been in the process of changing jobs these last few months and unfortunately, the date I joined my new job has resulted in me not getting my first pay from there until next month. It'll be a lean month!
Oh, bummer mate! I joined this job the day after pay was calculated, so I had to wait like 5 weeks until my first paycheck, living on the last of my "travelling Japan" money. I got to the night before my first paycheck with a single 500 yen coin left - which I used to buy a celebratory mcdonalds.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP***   The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP*** EmptyTue 21 Nov 2023 - 9:17

It’s not a competition or anything… Laughing
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP***   The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP*** EmptyTue 21 Nov 2023 - 9:26

No, it's not.

Because I won comfortably.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP***   The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP*** EmptyTue 21 Nov 2023 - 9:35

Not sure “comfortably” is the right word when we’re talking about living leanly… Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP***   The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP*** EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 11:05

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
If you say you're taking part and then fail to post out a present, you’ll not just be on Santa’s naughty list, but you’ll be banished to that Scottish town where The Latte Lad, The Frappe Fella and The Mocha Man will call you out for being a wank across their many, many online forums.

Just spotted this in the OP. Laughing Top drawer.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP***   The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP*** EmptyMon 18 Dec 2023 - 14:05

Sooooooo am I the first to receive mine? Or did Andy get his weeks ago and just decide not to tell anybody?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP***   The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP*** EmptyMon 18 Dec 2023 - 15:04

Aye that's why I've logged in - with a week to go there's still a few updates I think we'd all appreciate knowing about.

Organising it, I only know two forumites who have received their gifts, I know three who have sent theirs. For what it's worth, I've yet to receive anything through the post.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP***   The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP*** EmptyMon 18 Dec 2023 - 16:16

I got mine weeks ago Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP***   The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP*** EmptyMon 18 Dec 2023 - 17:01

The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP*** Giphy
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP***   The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP*** EmptyMon 18 Dec 2023 - 17:35

Christmas is a busy time
The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP*** Giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47lj3zxiq3ww361oa2shrwkzctbn3bh7mzw57kfit8&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy...
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP***   The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP*** EmptyMon 18 Dec 2023 - 23:10

I must apologise to my Santa who was asking for my address which I was being weirdly coy about sharing as I wasn't 100% sure it was it my secret santa and not some random weirdo. On reflection I was needlessly awkward.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP***   The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP*** EmptyWed 20 Dec 2023 - 0:57

I received mine and shared that information through . . . channels
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP***   The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP*** EmptyWed 20 Dec 2023 - 12:30

Nothing here, must be a PC Engine coming from Japan from Buska still to arrive.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP***   The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP*** EmptyWed 20 Dec 2023 - 21:00

I've been informed I have two separate deliveries on the way, one of which has arrived.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP***   The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP*** EmptyThu 21 Dec 2023 - 19:08

I'm pretty certain that my Secret Santa gift arrived in the post yesterday afternoon - cheers Santa!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP***   The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP*** EmptyMon 25 Dec 2023 - 18:04

Well I joked Buska was mine and then I've got these
The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP*** 20231210

I feel bad for what I got Buska last year as this is a grand haul but also shows the differnce in retro prices as Tales is £30 on its own in the UK. Will say I don't have a way to play Japanese PlayStation games, however I've gone and downloaded FFVIII Remastered of PS+, with this maybe be the pushing I need to give VIII another go after all these years.

Tales unfortunately is one of the 21 JPN GameCube games I already own. DS game Jump Ultimate Stars, I have played a wee bit of what I think is the story mode where I was running around as Luffy fighting a box, I will go back to this one and as I say FFVIII may now get a look in due to this lot.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP***   The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP*** EmptyTue 26 Dec 2023 - 7:29

I opened my gift yesterday, along with some bits from my nan and that (presents from the family were opened Christmas eve while we had a video call, and presents from Mercy and colleagues have been opened in-person).

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP***   The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP*** EmptyThu 28 Dec 2023 - 8:33

If I’d got that from Buskalilly I’d have flown out to Japan to shake his hand and thank him personally. That’s an outstanding effort!

I’m really chuffed with what I received from my Secret Santa:

The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP*** Img_2088

On the Elfster wishlist I’d asked for and hoped for a game to play, so to be given two is really good. I'm aware of Hotline Miami and it's reputation but have never played it - that’s the first game I’ll move onto in the New Year. I’ll earnestly give Boogie a go as well, I’m really enjoying my rhythm-action games these days and this is one I don’t really recall having played. I’d love to know the story behind the medal though…

The socks, Pac-Man nanoblock and sweets must have cost nearly fifteen quid themselves - thank you for your generousity, Secret Santa!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP***   The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP*** EmptyThu 28 Dec 2023 - 10:00

The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP*** 20231210

On completely the other hand to Cappa, I asked for "plastic tat, readable tat, and fluffy tat."  From previous years it should be noted that I'm absolutely down for edible tat as well, and Santa (whoever they might be Shifty ) absolutely delivered, ho ho ho.  The first thing to notice is that Squirtle's German name is "Schiggy", which made me grin for longer than it should have done - but in general this is a quality haul, albeit one that's already challenging any NY weight loss resolutions I might have had.  Thank you!

(The one downside: I'm getting together a lot of soft toys to go to charity shops.  Now my old Squirtle toy has to watch this much nicer imposter come in and claim its place...)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP***   The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP*** Empty

Back to top Go down

The 11th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***A NICE QUIET CHRISTMAS WITH NO UNUSUAL INCIDENTS OR STRANGE PEOPLE TURNING UP***
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next