We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS***

Go down 
+5
gjones
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS*** Empty
PostSubject: The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS***   The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS*** EmptySun 7 Nov 2021 - 18:13

Father Christmas Reindeer Father Christmas Reindeer Father Christmas

GNAMER FORUM
SECRET SANTA 2021!!!

Reindeer Father Christmas Reindeer Father Christmas Reindeer

Take time out during the rush of the holidays to enjoy the things in life that really matter - and what really matters more than the GNamer Forum Secret Santa?

Back by literally no demand, I invite you all to take part in the ninth annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa! Hopefully we’ll get a good turnout this year - don’t think I won’t cancel Christmas and smack all your arses if you’re all naughty non-participants.

So, straight into it: we’ll use elfster.com like we did the last couple of years. It’s here where you can add your name, address and ahead of the RSVP deadline on Sunday 21st November.

To take part in this year's Secret Santa, go to this address, and follow the instructions:

https://www.elfster.com/gift-exchanges/0b4b7088-28dc-49cf-b7c2-0af4fe38a38e/?join=mgi0

The (Same Old) Rules:

• Santas will be drawn automatically early on the morning of Monday 22nd November. Hopefully, that’ll give you loads of time to register your involvement, and then to buy and post presents.

• Who knows what stunts the UK Government will pull with any impending national restrictions over the next forty-eight days. So please keep an eye on the Royal Mail’s dates for Christmas delivery. It would be very disappointing for anybody to miss out on their GNamer gift on December 25th.

• No matter how early your present arrives, please hold off on opening them/posting about it until December 25th. Let’s do it together - in the scuddy. When you can, please post pictures of what you got, and your gratitude/appreciation.

• Let’s stick to a limit of £15, not including postage. I don’t think there’s any harm in going slightly over or slightly under the budget, but please don’t go too far over or (worse) too far under.

• Try and avoid emailing download codes if your personal/health circumstances allow you to. The gift(s) you send and receive should be physical, tangible things, it’s just better that way. There’ll be no vouchers for BHS, or having a star named after you, or any of that bollocks though.

• Once names are dished out, don’t post about the buying and sending of presents in the thread. That spoils it a bit - it’s easy to work out who you’re receiving a gift from that way.

• You can post if you receive your package, and it's nice if you can message me when you post.

• If you say you're taking part and then fail to post out a present, you’re officially That Guy Who Uses The Kick Button To Corner Other Helpless, Big-Hearted And Good-Natured Players In Operation Winback. Unless there’s a good reason, of course.

• There’s a Wishlist you can use too, if you’re wanting to help guide your Secret Santa. I trust that we should all know each other well enough to pick good quality presents, but a steer in the right direction probably won’t hurt.

The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS*** Gamers-guide-to-gift-shopping

Confirmed Santas:

masofdas
Buskalilly
gjones
treesmurf
Balladeer
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid

Last edited by The Cappuccino Kid on Fri 24 Dec 2021 - 22:59; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS*** Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS***   The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS*** EmptySun 7 Nov 2021 - 21:19

I'm in
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS***   The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS*** EmptyMon 8 Nov 2021 - 8:06

Before I sign up, is everyone comfortable with me signing up and forcing someone to buy gifts through Amazon.jp?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS***   The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS*** EmptyMon 8 Nov 2021 - 9:20

It's fine with me
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS***   The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS*** EmptyTue 9 Nov 2021 - 22:05

I'll have to sit this year's edition out - been a rough year for me financially as I've had to take a bit of time off work, but I'm hoping to be back with a bang next year. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS***   The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS*** EmptyWed 10 Nov 2021 - 13:28

I see the direction of travel here, and I think I’ve misread the situation too. I fully get that money is tight for some, and there’s confidence issues that have made people wary of participating more recently as well. But it’s obvious from the low number of people that have viewed this thread (and the number of regulars who have logged in but ignored it) that the interest just isn’t here anymore.

On the off-chance that there’s anybody else wanting to sign up, I’ll give this another weekend to run. As it stands I think I’ll just cancel this early next week. No point in doing a Secret Santa with this few folk.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS***   The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS*** EmptyWed 10 Nov 2021 - 13:30

It's a shame as I enjoy doing this as I can actually get cool gifts for people and in return something interesting as well.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS***   The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS*** EmptyWed 10 Nov 2021 - 16:42

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:

On the off-chance that there’s anybody else wanting to sign up, I’ll give this another weekend to run.

I'm in.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS***   The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS*** EmptyWed 10 Nov 2021 - 23:51

Maybe this is one of those things that needs a year off to come back stronger.
Especially as last Christmas feels like it was about three weeks ago . . .

A shame, as I always enjoy these.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS***   The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS*** EmptyThu 11 Nov 2021 - 9:52

I'm sure I saw Balla post he was in last night.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS***   The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS*** EmptyFri 12 Nov 2021 - 8:47

Mas...  Obviously the reason I deleted that post is because I wanted as few people as possible to know I'd said that right then.  I wish you hadn't posted that.

But yep, I did post the other night that I was in.  I do still have "confidence issues" (I'm baffled at how many people last year said they'd rather maintain their right to be asshats than just... be nice about gifts they get), but this is still something that's brought a lot of fun to the forum, I've got some great gifts from it, and hopefully I've given some too among the duffers.  

...except I then remembered that I'm putting a big push into moving house next year!  Which means clearouts, and wanting as little stuff as possible in my flat to move.  Especially because I mostly ask for tat from SSes, that meant I wouldn't be able to appreciate a gift as much.  I would have edited my post, but I only had my 'phone to hand and my 'phone doesn't display the editing box properly for some reason, so I deleted it to come back to later.

So yep, not lack of willing on my part, but probably best for my moving effort if I don't. Aww! I'd be happy enough to buy a gift, so I suppose if it is going ahead I could take part if people give me comestibles only?  But being that restrictive feels like it removes some of the fun.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS***   The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS*** EmptyFri 12 Nov 2021 - 11:07

Sorry Balla, just saw your post late, went to reply going great that's 5 of us at least.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS***   The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS*** EmptySat 13 Nov 2021 - 8:22

Balla, we can buy you a lot of chocolate sex organs for fifteen quid!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS***   The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS*** EmptySat 13 Nov 2021 - 19:57

I won't ask what I missed but I'm in.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS***   The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS*** EmptyMon 15 Nov 2021 - 18:08

This has been good, I’m pretty happy to see how this has developed. Hopefully at a minimum, I’d go ahead with a Secret Santa that includes me, masofdas, gjones, treesmurf, an Amazon Japan-only Buskalilly and a comestibles-only Balladeer. Truthfully, at this stage I’m happy to change the conditions to whatever suits everybody else. You can batter in with as many BHS vouchers as you like, I just don’t want to cancel this!

If you’re getting involved, you’ll still need to register at this link: https://www.elfster.com/gift-exchanges/0b4b7088-28dc-49cf-b7c2-0af4fe38a38e/?join=mgi0

Don’t forget that you can add items to your wishlist, and give you Santa a bit more direction while hopefully ensuring that you won’t be disappointed either.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS***   The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS*** EmptyMon 15 Nov 2021 - 21:25

Buskalilly wrote:
Balla, we can buy you a lot of chocolate sex organs for fifteen quid!

That's the other issue, I'd like to be able to eat my gifts in front of my partner without going bright red! Shifty

...yeah go on then, comestibles-only IN it is (and obviously I'm not expecting the above to be adhered to Sulk ). Happy to buy for Buska too.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS***   The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS*** EmptyTue 16 Nov 2021 - 9:30

I will also take part, I just didn't post sooner as I thought it was dead.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS***   The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS*** EmptyTue 16 Nov 2021 - 10:42

Also:
Quote :
9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa
Fuck off.

The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS*** Giphy
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS***   The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS*** EmptyWed 17 Nov 2021 - 14:15

Before we find out who we've got and this becomes a personally relevant query: is ordering things off Amazon JP easy for an online idiot who can't read any Japanese?

Crumpy Andy wrote:
I will also take part, I just didn't post sooner as I thought it was dead.

It was dead because of lack of participants.  So you didn't participate, because you thought it was dead. I'm confused!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS***   The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS*** EmptyWed 17 Nov 2021 - 14:55

You did the same, to be fair, Balla.
Balladeer wrote:
Before we find out who we've got and this becomes a personally relevant query: is ordering things off Amazon JP easy for an online idiot who can't read any Japanese?  
I do it, so yes!
Yeah, the website all works in English. Sometimes it can make finding something specific a little more difficult because it isn't listed in English, but that won't be an issue for this.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS***   The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS*** EmptyWed 17 Nov 2021 - 15:00

Typing is hard work, I only do it when necessary
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS***   The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS*** EmptyWed 17 Nov 2021 - 15:02

Buskalilly wrote:
You did the same, to be fair, Balla.
Balladeer wrote:
I do it, so yes!
Yeah, the website all works in English. Sometimes it can make finding something specific a little more difficult because it isn't listed in English, but that won't be an issue for this.

I had another reason!

Okay I will give it a shot (if I get you, natch). I hope it accepts English payment cards!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS***   The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS*** EmptyWed 17 Nov 2021 - 15:33

I use Amazon JPN often, but if I get Buaka, I may look at PlayAsia etc as well for him.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS***   The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS*** EmptyWed 17 Nov 2021 - 20:18

As the one who got Buska last year it was relatively straightforward, I had to approve the transaction with my bank but other than that it easy enough.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS***   The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS*** EmptyFri 19 Nov 2021 - 17:21

Last bump for this before the draw gets made on Monday. Looks like andyman and gjones still need to register and join if they're still wanting to take part: https://www.elfster.com/gift-exchanges/0b4b7088-28dc-49cf-b7c2-0af4fe38a38e/?join=mgi0
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS***   The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS*** Empty

Back to top Go down

The 9th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS***
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next