We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mario Golf Super Rush - it's not Strikers though, is it?

Go down 
+7
OrangeRakoon
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
gjones
Buskalilly
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Mario Golf Super Rush - it's not Strikers though, is it? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf Super Rush - it's not Strikers though, is it?   Mario Golf Super Rush - it's not Strikers though, is it? - Page 2 EmptyWed 19 May 2021 - 16:55

This is looking quite good now, so definitely up for giving it a go.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf Super Rush - it's not Strikers though, is it?   Mario Golf Super Rush - it's not Strikers though, is it? - Page 2 EmptySun 23 May 2021 - 15:08

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
GNamer rounds of online Speed Golf needs to happen every day and every night, forever.
No this is for babies, you must all play golf the traditional way. The traditional boring way. The traditional slow boring way. The traditional dull slow boring way.

Actually I am dead excited for this, and would have to play online with you as no bugger here will play it.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf Super Rush - it's not Strikers though, is it?   Mario Golf Super Rush - it's not Strikers though, is it? - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Jun 2021 - 16:19

Mixed reviews however, the playing of Golf sounds great, and we know we're getting more content down the road.

And hopefully you guys are online for some rounds.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf Super Rush - it's not Strikers though, is it?   Mario Golf Super Rush - it's not Strikers though, is it? - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Jun 2021 - 18:35

Yeah I think I'm gonna get it, sounds similar to the Mario Tennis release, that was a little sparse at launch but they kept supporting it and made it even better. Only 2 player in local play for the simultaneous modes is a bit naff though, hopefully that's something they can update, the online absolutely needs to be reliable as well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf Super Rush - it's not Strikers though, is it?   Mario Golf Super Rush - it's not Strikers though, is it? - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Jun 2021 - 19:04

I’m quite surprised to see this has been getting a muted reception in it’s early reviews. I acknowledge that it’s likely incomplete and that there’s more content to be added further down the line, but much of the pre-launch chat seems to repeat that it’s a fairly ordinary golf game that doesn’t have many interesting courses or that usual Nintendo sheen. The one games journalist I follow on social media – Chris Schilling – says it’s “one of the worst Nintendo games in ages”, which is really disappointing to read.

My copy dispatched yesterday so I’m already committed to getting it. I’ll be around for some online games if anybody else wants still to join me.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf Super Rush - it's not Strikers though, is it?   Mario Golf Super Rush - it's not Strikers though, is it? - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Jun 2021 - 21:55

Oh no - this is a bit concerning. I did worry what everyone was so happy about Speed Golf; I'm gonna pause on this I think.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf Super Rush - it's not Strikers though, is it?   Mario Golf Super Rush - it's not Strikers though, is it? - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Jun 2021 - 22:36

Speed Golf does look above par, shame though for local play being only 2 players.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf Super Rush - it's not Strikers though, is it?   Mario Golf Super Rush - it's not Strikers though, is it? - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Jun 2021 - 3:53

masofdas wrote:
Speed Golf does look above par,
I think this is bad in golf?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf Super Rush - it's not Strikers though, is it?   Mario Golf Super Rush - it's not Strikers though, is it? - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Jun 2021 - 9:14

Yeah it is, bad pun from me.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf Super Rush - it's not Strikers though, is it?   Mario Golf Super Rush - it's not Strikers though, is it? - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Jun 2021 - 17:54

The weird thing is that everyone's dunking on the game for lack of content and un-Mario-ish courses, when all Toadstool Tour had was six tournaments of six courses, of which only the last two were Mario-ish, and everybody loves that.

Ho hum. I have enough to play for now anyway.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf Super Rush - it's not Strikers though, is it?   Mario Golf Super Rush - it's not Strikers though, is it? - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Jun 2021 - 20:21

A big reason I spent a lot of time with Toadstool Tour was that you started with what, four characters? You had to unlock courses and characters, probably modes too. It looks like a lot of this is all unlocked from the start, which is a wild decision given the RPG mode appears to be barebones. I never saw the appeal of running to get to your ball in Everybody Golf (2017).

Considering we have had excellent Tiger Woods titles, and the superb Everybody's Golf in the interim, perhaps reviewers expected more. After being disappointed by the Virtua Fighter 5 release, and the poorly handled Ninja Gaiden Collection, I'm starting to think my favourite games are cursed. Don't mess up Advance Wars Ninty!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf Super Rush - it's not Strikers though, is it?   Mario Golf Super Rush - it's not Strikers though, is it? - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Jun 2021 - 21:06

I got it anyway as I was able to trade in Ratchet and Clank for a straight swap (PS5 games don't hold their value very long), will share my impressions but as long as the intended updates are frequent enough it sounds like this will get the content it needs.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf Super Rush - it's not Strikers though, is it?   Mario Golf Super Rush - it's not Strikers though, is it? - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Jun 2021 - 15:37

I've spent a few hours playing this over the weekend. While it's a well-playing and solidly-made golf game that challenges you to think tactically, it's main Golf Adventure mode has not been an exciting use of my time. The four courses I've unlocked so far aren't particularly interesting, the NPC dialogue is pointless waffle and the bits where you walk around - both on and off the course - are flat-out boring. The course design simply isn't clever enough and the visuals aren't appealing enough for the "running to get your ball" mechanic to be anything other than a big downgrade on simply being warped to where your balls landed.

The Speed and Battle Golf modes look like they've got potential though - and I agree with treesmurf, I think this'll get the content updates it needs.

I think online multiplayer would really bring this all of Super Rush to life. I'll give folk a shout later in the week and see if they're up for a few rounds Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf Super Rush - it's not Strikers though, is it?   Mario Golf Super Rush - it's not Strikers though, is it? - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Jun 2021 - 20:20

Here are my thoughts on the game: all the characters have big, fat sausage fingers.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf Super Rush - it's not Strikers though, is it?   Mario Golf Super Rush - it's not Strikers though, is it? - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Jun 2021 - 22:19

10/10 banger.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf Super Rush - it's not Strikers though, is it?   Mario Golf Super Rush - it's not Strikers though, is it? - Page 2 EmptySat 3 Jul 2021 - 9:23

I'm struggling to get in to this, I honestly feel like all I do on it is aim in roughly the same area the shot starts me at and do the same shot, then running to each hole just seems drawn out and a bit boring, maybe I'm missing something but I'm sure I bounced of the last Mario Golf game I played back on the Cube as well.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf Super Rush - it's not Strikers though, is it?   Mario Golf Super Rush - it's not Strikers though, is it? - Page 2 EmptySun 4 Jul 2021 - 13:32

Bizarrely dramatic opening video Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf Super Rush - it's not Strikers though, is it?   Mario Golf Super Rush - it's not Strikers though, is it? - Page 2 EmptySun 4 Jul 2021 - 17:24

Buskalilly wrote:
Bizarrely dramatic opening video Laughing

As it should be. Don't forget how the opening to Mario Tennis looked like it was going to dissolve into a Luigi/Waluigi fistfight, before being blown up.

Out of it, Toadstool Tour, and Mario Power Tennis, that was the least dramatic of the bunch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf Super Rush - it's not Strikers though, is it?   Mario Golf Super Rush - it's not Strikers though, is it? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mario Golf Super Rush - it's not Strikers though, is it?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2