We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)

Go down 
+9
OrangeRakoon
Jimbob
Treesmurf
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
JayMoyles
masofdas
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  Empty
PostSubject: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  EmptyFri 11 Feb 2022 - 22:55

I know the other Mario sports games haven't hit the heights they have before but hopefully this can turn it around & with Next level games at the helm I think there's a good chance of that. So, a few questions:

What do we make of characters equipping gear that affect their overall stats & what would you like to see them add to the game?

Last edited by The_Jaster on Tue 8 Nov 2022 - 14:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  EmptySat 12 Feb 2022 - 9:21

I think the footie was pretty fun already in the GC and Wii ones; what I want them to add are some good tournaments and seasons, online and off. They hinted at that in the trailer, so fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  EmptySat 12 Feb 2022 - 10:35

Strikers on Wii brought me to the forum because of the league that was happening, seeing this has what looks like Pro Clubs hopefully we can bring that back.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  EmptySat 12 Feb 2022 - 11:07

Oh, I might be the same Mas! I think the first NGamer/ ONM forum stuff I spent any amount of time with was the Strikers stuff! You just unlocked a deep memory!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  EmptySat 12 Feb 2022 - 12:36

No Dry Bones teleporting into the goal strategy, no buys. Those are the rules.

Gear impacting stats doesn't bother me. It adds a bit of strategy to the matches instead of just picking your favourite lads, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  EmptySat 12 Feb 2022 - 14:37

Buskalilly wrote:
Oh, I might be the same Mas! I think the first NGamer/ ONM forum stuff I spent any amount of time with was the Strikers stuff! You just unlocked a deep memory!

Congratulations Mas, only 11 more to go to unlock the true ending!

I've never played a Strikers game before, so I'm very keen. I'm confident this will be decent so long as they don't let the shell company known as Camelot anywhere near it.

The_Jaster wrote:
What do we make of characters equipping gear that affect their overall stats...?

I'm a little wary of that. I don't think choosing car parts adds much fun to MK8 and I think we'll see the same here, only more because you have multiple players on your team.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  EmptySat 12 Feb 2022 - 22:23

I can see the stats thing going one of two ways, either it allows for team variety meaning you will always get unique matches when playing online or there will be a broken stat that's better than all the others & it'll be all people use/spam.  I really hope it's the former.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  EmptySun 13 Feb 2022 - 2:48

I suspect it will make very little difference so I'll pick the shorts which show the most of Peach's arse.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  EmptySun 13 Feb 2022 - 8:29

This was great news. I completely missed out on Strikers Charged as an online multiplayer game, I didn’t have strong enough wired or wireless internet for my Wii at the time. Most of my experience with both Strikers games is in single player where it's not bad, but it’s admittedly not very captivating. On Switch, I hope they can make a more robust and engaging single player game, but even if they don’t, I’m looking forward to making this an online fixture with you wee dicks. An online GNamer league is a must-do.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  EmptySun 13 Feb 2022 - 12:50

I am soooooooo up for this, this has probably been my most wanted game to make a comeback for a while now and seeing that they could potentially be adding a whole host of online options makes me very very hard, NGamer F.C./Binky's Boys/Grackchester City are gonna tear up the league.

Balladeer wrote:
Buskalilly wrote:

Congratulations Mas, only 11 more to go to unlock the true ending!

Mate, you know he'll never get this reference *insert fishing emoticon here*.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  EmptySun 13 Feb 2022 - 13:33

With the clubs, now we don't know yet how all will work but are we going to do GNamer FC with 20 of us as players for that club to take on the world or are we going to do GNamer League with NGamer F.C./Binky's Boys/Grackchester City with one of us and then CPU's for the rest of the team?

I get it, do you even get a different ending as surely can see all the flashbacks soon as you start the game?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  EmptySun 13 Feb 2022 - 13:38

I'm pretty sure it's taking on other players but they'd be incredibly silly not to include online tournaments and leagues too do fingers crossed for them.

Yeah you get a different ending.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  EmptySun 13 Feb 2022 - 20:32

If it's good I might get it.

That's the kind of bold and thought-provoking statement you get from Jimbob Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up!

(But seriously I would like to be part of a team with friendy friends, although I know I'll never be around at the right time to be online)
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  EmptyMon 14 Feb 2022 - 19:02

Even though it would be a faff, we could set up our own leagues if they’re not included in the game. Between ourselves, we could just arrange times when two of us are available for a quick league match.

That’s what we used to do with Pro Evo 3 at school, except we’d all go round to someone’s house at the weekend, and the player who finished bottom who have to do some sort of embarrassing or risky forfeit. I don’t think anybody here would be told that they need to take a pish in somebody's school bag though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  EmptyMon 14 Feb 2022 - 19:30

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Even though it would be a faff, we could set up our own leagues if they’re not included in the game. Between ourselves, we could just arrange times when two of us are available for a quick league match.

That's what we did with the Wii and someone updated the league table on the OP.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  EmptyMon 14 Feb 2022 - 21:00

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I don’t think anybody here would be told that they need to take a pish in somebody's school bag though.

(Treesmurf's NES shudders)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  EmptyTue 15 Feb 2022 - 12:20

Balladeer wrote:
(Treesmurf's NES shudders)
I know I make fun of you for asking this same thing Balla, but please give me context Laughing
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  EmptyTue 15 Feb 2022 - 13:18

For context, I believe you'll need to go and check out Smurf's Versus Mode episode!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  EmptyTue 15 Feb 2022 - 15:09

Balladeer wrote:
I'm a little wary of that. I don't think choosing car parts adds much fun to MK8 and I think we'll see the same here, only more because you have multiple players on your team.

I like picking my character(s) and appearance based on how they look, not on their stats. It annoys me in Mario Kart 8 that I can't just pick a cool looking kart on a whim without putting myself at a disadvantage.

I already suspect in this I will like how the regular football kits look the most, but will have to have everyone wearing cyber mech armour for the stats.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  EmptyWed 16 Feb 2022 - 0:25

JayMoyles wrote:
For context, I believe you'll need to go and check out Smurf's Versus Mode episode!
I guess I just don't remember that part! I'll have to give it another listen!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  EmptyWed 16 Feb 2022 - 9:55

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
I'm a little wary of that.  I don't think choosing car parts adds much fun to MK8 and I think we'll see the same here, only more because you have multiple players on your team.

I like picking my character(s) and appearance based on how they look, not on their stats. It annoys me in Mario Kart 8 that I can't just pick a cool looking kart on a whim without putting myself at a disadvantage.

I already suspect in this I will like how the regular football kits look the most, but will have to have everyone wearing cyber mech armour for the stats.

No gear, no powers ups, basic stadium is the new no items, fox only, final destination.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  EmptyWed 16 Feb 2022 - 17:58

masofdas wrote:
Strikers on Wii brought me to the forum because of the league that was happening, seeing this has what looks like Pro Clubs hopefully we can bring that back.

Out of interest does anyone have any records of this? I feel I can remember such a thing happening and I've tried to look it up on the way back machine but alas I couldn't get that deep in to the forum.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  EmptyWed 16 Feb 2022 - 19:31

I'm willing to bet it lasted a couple weeks at most before folk gave up on playing.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  EmptyWed 16 Feb 2022 - 21:08

I think it went all season, feel either Stu or Zero ran it.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  EmptyThu 17 Feb 2022 - 9:21

I thought it was Knackers, you won't find it though as it was back on NGamer

EDIT: Maybe it was me? I've got weird visions of me working through it now, but maybe they're just some weird ass false memories.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next