We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)

Go down 
+9
OrangeRakoon
Jimbob
Treesmurf
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
JayMoyles
masofdas
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  - Page 10 EmptyFri 7 Oct 2022 - 8:57

The_Jaster wrote:
Laughing You also still have me to play.

Oh shit, yeh
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  - Page 10 EmptySun 9 Oct 2022 - 20:32

New World Excite Truck Champion Crowned

Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  - Page 10 20221010

Proceedings were exceedingly tight in the opening stages of this twelve leg fixture, with Buskalilly’s Bolts the closest to testing the ‘keeper. It remained a tense affair throughout the remainder of the opening eighteen seconds. The deadlock was finally broken in the nineteenth second as Cappa’s big-willied attacking midfielder Luigi opened the scoring. Mario demonstrated astute technical skill to fly down the wing and sent a cross into the centre of the box, where Luigi was on hand to slot the ball swiftly past the opposition goalie and into the bread bin.

The action was cranked up a notch in the third minute, with Buskalilly grabbing a hard-earned equaliser. Yet it was the Magician’s who took the lead in the game’s dying moments as Donkey Kong’s speculative swerving shot from outside the box unfortunately trickled across the goal line. Post-match it was a goal that was accurately described by Buskalilly as “a shiter”, but it put Cappa’s nose out in front all the same. The final seconds of the game were spent running the clock down with shady yet unashamed time-wasting tactics. The full-time whistle blew, and so ended The Cappuccino Kid’s truly miserable run of form.

After the game, both managers confessed to forgetting the buttons - which was illustrative of the overall lack of quality on display.

~

Andyman Wins Battle League Fair Play Award

Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  - Page 10 20210211

This was a very frustrating match with lag that made it feel like it spanned several historical eras. In a game that lacked flow, both teams nevertheless pressed forward, one after the other to create attempts when the game wasn’t completely buggered. The Cappuccino Kid’s goalkeeper was especially quick to prevent several shots from close-range as both teams went into the final thirty seconds even.

Basically, what happened from there was that I got a very fortunate Hyper Strike that went unopposed. Whether that’s because the game had packed in by that point, I don’t know. Responding quickly, it was blocked and parried by the keeper but - as is always the case - the ball swerved in the direction of an attacking player, who drove forward and slyly dinked the ball into the net. The game terminated before andyman could take kick-off and before play could resume.

At the post-match press conference andyman was magnanimous, awarding me the match by stating that he “happy to concede (that game)” and that “(the New World Excite Truck Champion) had that one in the bag”. So…we never actually finished our game. That’s why you’ve got a screenshot from the ending of ACA NeoGeo Stakes Winners 2.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  - Page 10 EmptySun 9 Oct 2022 - 21:13

Captain Toad leads clinical Comets to Championship glory (but not Excite Truck World Championship)

Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  - Page 10 20221010

It was a match that was weeks in the making (2 to be exact) with Smurf needing to avoid defeat to seal top spot come the end of the season, at least I think so as Andy has deemed holidays more important than his administerial duties. What a test it was as well, the last time these sides met Smurf got the rub of the green but definitely struggled against Dusty's power, this was a similar affair albeit with less jammy goals.

It took a good minute and a half before the scoring started, Dusty going on the attack early and piling on the pressure but it was Toad that was able to break free and place the ball in the bottom corner with the Comets' first chance. From here the pint sized pocket rocket went from strength to strength doubling the lead with another expertly placed finish.

The Cyclones threw a spanner in the works when they made their relentless chances count as... Shy Guy (I think, can't expect me to remember who scores against me) got one back however Toad completed his hat-trick soon after to settle the nerves and decide not just the champion of the league but also who has the biggest Wang on the forum.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  - Page 10 EmptyMon 10 Oct 2022 - 19:41

Smurf is truly the Pete Sampras, the 90s Australia in cricket, the All Blacks in their prime of Mario Strikers. You admire the skill and consistency, but you can't help wishing somebody else would win for once.

Congratulations to Muss therefore, clearly the best Strikers player on the forum! Applause
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  - Page 10 EmptyMon 10 Oct 2022 - 21:06

Grr... I beat Muss on aggregate...
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  - Page 10 EmptyTue 11 Oct 2022 - 11:01

So I think I'm waiting on Pengers V Muss and Luke V Jas

In the mean time here are the scores before the last round

Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  - Page 10 Week_111

And here are the final fixtures. Get 'em done and we'll actually finish this bad boi

Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  - Page 10 Leg_1410

Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  - Page 10 EmptyTue 11 Oct 2022 - 19:46

Andyman can stick his Battle League Fair Play Award up his jacksie – he conceded the game to me on Twitter yet he's given himself the win and the three points in the league!
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  - Page 10 EmptyTue 11 Oct 2022 - 23:15

But did he admit that he'd had his arse handed to him? That's the question
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  - Page 10 EmptyWed 12 Oct 2022 - 10:51

I've not recorded the week 13 scores yet as we're missing 2 games Laughing
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  - Page 10 EmptySun 16 Oct 2022 - 22:22

Jas' Cyclones break the hearts of Buska's lovely ladies.

Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  - Page 10 FfKF3zjagAInjjZ?format=jpg&name=medium

After the game was delayed by a few weeks Jas' Cyclones wasted no time in taking an early 2 goal lead a minute & a half into the match but they weren't to have it all their own way as Daisy with a starman in hand steamrollered her way through Peach & Toad to easily pull one back. It wasn't long before the equaliser either as Buska's magicians weaved between some poor weapon usage of the Cyclones and played a nice one-two on the edge of the area then simply passed it into the net.

As the game seemed certain to head to sudden death the Cyclones took advantage of a rebound in front of goal with 25 seconds remaining breaking the hearts of the magicians and their fans who probably deserved something out of the match.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  - Page 10 EmptyTue 25 Oct 2022 - 10:45

See me on the fucking trucks and we'll see who's laughing, Babyccino Kid.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  - Page 10 EmptyTue 25 Oct 2022 - 11:37

Muss and Pengers, get your damn match in. Lets get one last push in folks, we're so close to finishing...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  - Page 10 EmptyTue 25 Oct 2022 - 17:22

I've tried mate
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  - Page 10 EmptyTue 25 Oct 2022 - 22:09

Aye, I've heard nowt about Muss being next to get annihilated by me at Mario Strikers, or him being free if he's wanting his arse kicked.

I will discuss Buskalilly's last post with my team of Excite Truck solicitors.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  - Page 10 EmptyWed 26 Oct 2022 - 11:59

I would like to put it in writing that Muss is allowed to play and talk about Mario Strikers and I won't retroactively take 5 points away from him.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  - Page 10 EmptyFri 28 Oct 2022 - 20:23

Sometimes you've got to lead by example:
Egg Fried Rice defeats the Not So Lucky Charms
Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  - Page 10 Final_10
The Crumpster considered switching up his team after the scars generated from Jas' speedy boi Toad, but he stuck by his guns, he couldn't let one of the gang down so close to the end. Jas immediately made him regret this decision going one up, but the Scramblers regrouped and got a cheeky little goal in, despite Jas regularly holding the power of a mega strike. Eventually Jas' stong tackling paid off and he went 2-1 up. Right near the end of the match Crump snuck a cheeky rebound behind the keeper leading to a terrifying golden goal scenario. Crump charges a mega strike, he hits both blues and then Jas gets a last second tackle opening the game right back up, but a final push from the egg heads gets the sweet golden goal and ends Crump's tournament on a high.

I'm going to be away for a week. I implore y'all to get your last matches in so we can have a big celebration when I return. Sort it out lads.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  - Page 10 EmptyFri 28 Oct 2022 - 20:33

That was without a doubt the closest game I've had (other than the 1 nil smurf match, natch) & in hindsight I was probably too aggressive with my tackles which gave you lot of weapons to break down my defence.

Good game & thankfully my second place was already secured.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  - Page 10 EmptyFri 28 Oct 2022 - 22:23

Pengers in hysterics at his own pre-planned comedy headline, absolutely bottles the game because he couldn't stop pissing himself

Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  - Page 10 FgL5-ZGaAAAVRkr?format=jpg&name=large

A chaotic game of football occurred in the GNamer battle league this evening, as the Pengman's army took on Muss Athletic in a match that was blessed by Nintendo's netcode. And by blessed I mean, the it was laggy as fuck, bois!

Both teams saw players taking ambitious lunges at thin air, and it was difficult for either side to establish a rhythm for the most part. Muss Athletic struck early, right on the 16 second mark, with Bowser in acres of space in the centre of the park. It was largely end to end stuff from that point onward, with neither manager managing to take advantage of a hyper strike, and Muss' squad putting away a couple more chances.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  - Page 10 EmptyMon 31 Oct 2022 - 15:57

Is anyone/everyone interested in doing anything once this season concludes? I'd like to do some shorter competitions, thinking a World Cup-style tournament would be good with it being the season for it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  - Page 10 EmptyTue 1 Nov 2022 - 9:32

I'm definitely up for a couple of casual nights at it - 2 on 2s and all sorts. I bought digitally, so . . .
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  - Page 10 EmptyTue 1 Nov 2022 - 10:29

Same got digitally, so can jump on anytime.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  - Page 10 EmptyTue 1 Nov 2022 - 22:31

Flash Knackers Smashes Massers!

Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  - Page 10 Fggtke10

You people did this. All of you. With your sudden death Hyperstrikes, and last minute game winners. You forced me to go to a dark place. A place I didn't want to go to. A place I know I can't come back from. I had to make an example of a poor mortal just to show you what I'm capable of. This is on ALL of you. I had to eviscerate a sacrificial lamb to heal the wounds of the past. Only now can I rest.

You have all become the arse, and I am the hander.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  - Page 10 EmptyWed 2 Nov 2022 - 9:11

Sorry you drew the short straw Mas, but one of us had to let him win.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  - Page 10 EmptySun 6 Nov 2022 - 17:03

Mr Blobby's Biscuits power Muss Athletic home

Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  - Page 10 Fg5TVBoaMAAsPN2?format=jpg&name=small

Asked what the secret was behind a six game win streak to end the season, the Muss Athletic manager revealed a surprise secret ingredient, Mr Blobby's Biscuits. Better known as a fantasy critic upstart, the brand is actually the recipe for strikers success.

The match this afternoon was a strange one. Muss Athletic were comprehensively down in possession, but a lot of the Spikes play was build up from the back and they struggled to get out of their own half for much of the game. Fuelled by the biscuits, Muss Athletic flooded forward in a a gegenpress variant best described as bully from bullseye on an absolute bender in a china shop. A scrappy game punctuated by some big second chance goals for Muss Athletic following rebounds from the keeper.

The game was 4-0 with about 40 seconds to spare when The Spikes broke through the press and executed a perfect hyper strike, before shortly thereafter converting a star power up into a cool finish. But with just 10 seconds left on the clock Muss Athletic waited out the game, cutting short what could have been a heroic comeback.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  - Page 10 EmptyMon 7 Nov 2022 - 21:43

Well done Muss, you just cursed the thread.

Great stuff everybody, despite not playing myself this is definitely going to be one of my threads of the year. I'm still curious what amazing comedy gold Mas bottled the M*s[s] derby for as well.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)    Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)  - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mario Strikers Battle League Football (Now featuring a Smurf who cheats)
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next