We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)

Go down 
+11
The Cappuccino Kid
EofGizmo
JayMoyles
neil
Treesmurf
Rum
Muss
masofdas
OrangeRakoon
Buskalilly
Balladeer
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Which starter are you picking as your first choice?
Cyndaquil
Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 2 Vote_lcap46%Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 46% [ 6 ]
Oshawott
Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
Rowlet
Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 2 Vote_lcap23%Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 23% [ 3 ]
I'm not even getting this game, but: ooh! Poll!
Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 May 2021 - 11:10

I'm bloody pumped and I thought it looked great and I'm feeling only excitement, nothing else.

Oooh, the frame rate's a little imperfect and it didn't look like there were 11 boring NPCs to chew my ear off in every frame of footage . . .

It's a feudal Japanese open-world Pokémon game with fucking viiiibbbeesssss I am not capable of thinking any other thoughts on this subject besides yasssss.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 2 EmptySun 30 May 2021 - 21:34

masofdas wrote:
New Nintendo Switch Enhanced

Whilst I fully expect that to a be a thing it'll be utterly rank if the standard version doesn't see some significant improvement over what we saw last time (which I'm expecting we will).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 2 EmptySun 30 May 2021 - 23:08

Will be but people who care that much about FPS, will buy a New Nintendo Switch and bet that's what Nintendo is banking on.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 2 EmptyMon 31 May 2021 - 0:57

I think you're reading too much into this. The trailer had a dodgy frame rate because it was a very early build of a type of game Game Freak haven't had much experience with.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 2 EmptyMon 31 May 2021 - 9:28

It will be improved from the trailer, doubt Nintendo will release a poorly running game but the smoothest experience will be on New Switch, which like I say people that really care about that will want the New Switch.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 2 EmptyTue 1 Jun 2021 - 19:22

I think I'm just worried because large beautiful lands feels like something that's still outside Game Freak's comfort zone. Still hopeful though.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 2 EmptyWed 2 Jun 2021 - 0:29

I'm excited because it's outside their comfort zone.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 2 EmptyWed 2 Jun 2021 - 13:14

This being a spin-off, I wonder if GF will regard it as experimental and not apply the polish that a mainline game gets. For all its weaknesses, Sw/Sh felt like a premium Pokemon experience. The great music certainly helped. I guess Arceus will be shorter and weirder. Those could be positives of course.

Balladeer wrote:
large beautiful lands feels like something that's still outside Game Freak's comfort zone

I agree, not expecting a pretty game at all. Looking as good as Sw/Sh, which was not that great but was a slight step up for Pokemon, is the most I hope for.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 2 EmptyThu 3 Jun 2021 - 0:47

neil wrote:
experimental . . . shorter and weirder.

This is what I'm hoping for. After all the games, with their mega-budgets and all the polish, there's a magic to the generation one games that none of the others quite capture and it's because it feels like a passion project made by guys out of their league with a really unique dream. It feels like a window into this other world that exists but they don't have the technology to show you fully. That feeling has basically carried the franchise ever since.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 2 EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 12:17

I was very surprised to hear this was coming out early next year - the footage we were shown looked very early on in development, so I wasn't expecting this till late 2022 or potentially even the year after. I'm admittedly a wee bit concerned about the game being undercooked and a bit rushed as a result of that, as a under-detailed or choppy open world would really take me out of exploring what could be one of the most unique Pokémon worlds yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 2 EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 14:43

Someone what knows how to live life wrote:
Nah, its gonna be belting.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 2 EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 15:39

I live life like most people do - drowning under an avalanche of pessimism.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Aug 2021 - 17:48

Not going to post the direct yet incase people have missed it but what do those that have seen it think? Personally I haven't been this excited for Pokémon in a very long time, it still looks like Pokémon but different enough that It could be something special!

Oh and rowlett all day btw 😜
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Aug 2021 - 18:39

I'm still not 100% convinced by it. It sometimes looks nice and then sometimes the foreground and backgrounds seem to clash quite heavily. But I really like the concept so I'll definitely be giving it a go.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Aug 2021 - 18:41

Keen what a way to start 2022
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Aug 2021 - 19:05

Muss wrote:
I'm still not 100% convinced by it. It sometimes looks nice and then sometimes the foreground and backgrounds seem to clash quite heavily. But I really like the concept so I'll definitely be giving it a go.

I definitely agree that graphical elements are its weakest area so far but I dunno how much you could squeeze out of a switch at this point.

It will be interesting to compare this to botw 2 not long after though!
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Aug 2021 - 19:10

I'm a lot more positive about it than I was on its reveal, but I'm still a little nervous about Game Freak's ability to pull it off. I like little nervous old man Growlithe though.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Aug 2021 - 19:51

For once, I'm happy with something where the rest of the Internet seems to be moaning. Couldn't give less of a Trubbish about the graphics to be honest: they've fixed the wild Pokémon moving at 3fps, and that's all I need. Otherwise, being able to actually be attacked by Pokémon, and soaring around under that one Pokémon I won't reveal just in case, and the new evolutions... it's all grand. Maybe my expectations have just been lowered after years of being a Pokémon fan/the S&S DLC? If so, long may it continue. Grin
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Aug 2021 - 1:35

I think the graphics look
Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 2 Giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e475iw4i9nbp0w1ybtr34tloh13y3f50cjxixhg1nia&rid=giphy

Everyone online right now wrote:
Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 2 Giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47s2pqvnx3rmxl5yfgna696t3vs60un3ny1cdepujz&rid=giphy
Hmm, that tree texture is seventeen pixels less resolute than the grass texture, how off-putting. Oh these Pokémon trainers in this animé-inspired art style set in feudal Japan don't look like the dirty bums I eviscirated in that Playstation game about sadness which was developed through intense labour abuse

Me and Balla, das Übermensch wrote:

LOOK AT THIS ART

Look at the painterly mountain on the horizon!

Look at this majestic beast!

Look at these good boys or girls!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Aug 2021 - 5:13

None of the links work but Internet daft like we're seeing PS5 and XSX games now which even those people moaning about ohh the bushes in Ratchet don't move or the fruit in Halo Infinite is a flat texture how will I have fun playing knowing these things. Like EofGiz says how much juice left in Switch that really can't be compared to other systems that aren't portable, then the artstyle to be taken into account which looks great.

Wouldn't be surprised it's more well if it was on a Switch Pro, it would look better what they're actually wanting to say then why doesn't it look like my next gen game.
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Aug 2021 - 8:56

masofdas wrote:
None of the links work but Internet daft like we're seeing PS5 and XSX games now which even those people moaning about ohh the bushes in Ratchet don't move or the fruit in Halo Infinite is a flat texture how will I have fun playing knowing these things. Like EofGiz says how much juice left in Switch that really can't be compared to other systems that aren't portable, then the artstyle to be taken into account which looks great.

Wouldn't be surprised it's more well if it was on a Switch Pro, it would look better what they're actually wanting to say then why doesn't it look like my next gen game.

Nintendo's biggest strength has always been art style for me so I have to give them the benefit that this is the same. I'm buying it anyway, it looks fun!
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Aug 2021 - 10:13

My issue is not about the fidelity, it's about the clash between the way some of the backgrounds look versus the foreground. When all you have to judge it on is the trailers, the eye wanders. At times the game doesn't look like a cohesive whole. But yeah, at least the game was running smoothly!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Aug 2021 - 10:31

Muss wrote:
My issue is not about the fidelity, it's about the clash between the way some of the backgrounds look versus the foreground. When all you have to judge it on is the trailers, the eye wanders. At times the game doesn't look like a cohesive whole. But yeah, at least the game was running smoothly!
I know, I'm just being a dick. But I genuinely don't see anything to complain about graphicly, I've watched three or four times on screens of various sizes and think the game looks gorgeous. I actually particularly like the painterly, faded mountain background; it resembles old Japanese woodblock art and also how the mountains actually look on a hazy day.
masofdas wrote:
how much juice left in Switch that really can't be compared to other systems that aren't portable, . . . why doesn't it look like my next gen game.
I don't think these are real thoughts people have when playing games. I play PS4 games, I play Switch games, I play Wii games, I play N64 games. There may be a brief period of adjustment but then a game is just a game. Moments look impressive and moments can look bad, but I become accustomed to graphics pretty quickly, for good or ill.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Aug 2021 - 10:50

Agree when playing, just thinking more when you see the footage but same what I said about Ratchet and Halo, like I played the Halo Infinite BETA and never stopped to go that fruit looks meh as to busy playing the game, that more of the silly people.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Aug 2021 - 11:10

I like the concept too and the visuals look fine to me, but I don’t know how motivated I’ll be to play this come January 22nd. I think it’s releasing too close to the Diamond and Pearl remakes. It’s like that time Nintendo brought out two New Super Mario Bros. games in three months – but on an even tighter schedule, somehow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next