We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)

Go down 
+11
The Cappuccino Kid
EofGizmo
JayMoyles
neil
Treesmurf
Rum
Muss
masofdas
OrangeRakoon
Buskalilly
Balladeer
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Which starter are you picking as your first choice?
Cyndaquil
Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 3 Vote_lcap46%Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 46% [ 6 ]
Oshawott
Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 3 Vote_lcap15%Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
Rowlet
Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 3 Vote_lcap23%Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 23% [ 3 ]
I'm not even getting this game, but: ooh! Poll!
Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 3 Vote_lcap15%Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 3 EmptySat 21 Aug 2021 - 13:48

Simple solution: skip the DP remakes. Winky Face

Buskalilly wrote:
I don't think these are real thoughts people have when playing games. I play PS4 games, I play Switch games, I play Wii games, I play N64 games. There may be a brief period of adjustment but then a game is just a game. Moments look impressive and moments can look bad, but I become accustomed to graphics pretty quickly, for good or ill.

Absolutely this.  There are only two circumstances where I'll notice technical shonkyness after I get into a game:
- If the frame rate wobbles;
- If the shonkyness is so far to the end of the spectrum that it looks like an N64 game or earlier.  
Otherwise there's no way half of these people who are moaning notice the technical side of things when they're mid-game.  Or if they do, frankly I feel sorry for them.  How miserable must it be to be drawn out of a game you're otherwise enjoying because a tree's a bit pixellated?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 3 EmptySun 22 Aug 2021 - 17:12

Balla wrote:
How miserable must it be to be drawn out of a game you're otherwise enjoying because a tree's a bit pixellated?

It might go a little like this. Winky Face

https://www.twitch.tv/zironicdk/clip/SuccessfulPlacidKleeJKanStyle-wWmrHUBDBvkuyYnE?filter=clips&range=30d&sort=time
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 3 EmptyThu 26 Aug 2021 - 8:55

I'm firmly in the "this looks nice and the art style is quite cool" camp, the uproar is clearly just down to arsey gamers who love to complain and that's it, basically as Mas said, they'll complain about the slightest thing in the best looking games available.

I'm so glad they've took a huge departure with the gameplay, it's definitely needed, as much as I enjoyed Sword and Shield the gameplay was as bog standard as it's ever felt. My cynical side is already expecting this to be a one and done game in which they'll never return to any of these changes but I hope I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 3 EmptyThu 26 Aug 2021 - 9:00

Treesmurf wrote:
I'm firmly in the "this looks nice and the art style is quite cool" camp, the uproar is clearly just down to arsey gamers who love to complain and that's it, basically as Mas said, they'll complain about the slightest thing in the best looking games available.

I'm so glad they've took a huge departure with the gameplay, it's definitely needed, as much as I enjoyed Sword and Shield the gameplay was as bog standard as it's ever felt. My cynical side is already expecting this to be a one and done game in which they'll never return to any of these changes but I hope I'm wrong.

I feel like our big hope for this to become a sub series is the "Legends" part of the title.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 3 EmptyThu 26 Aug 2021 - 9:52

Yeah I'd be happy with that but I suppose we expected the same with Let's Go which could still happen but hasn't so far.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 3 EmptyThu 26 Aug 2021 - 10:59

That said, Let's Go did introduce things which have returned; monsters in the overworld, riding Pokemon to some extent, no HMs . . . Even if the inevitable 9th generation doesn't play exactly like Legends, it will take some of the lessons learned
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 3 EmptyThu 26 Aug 2021 - 11:09

I wouldn't surprised as how many Diamond and Pearl type remakes are really left to do (XY Remakes confirmed) that we get these different takes on Pokemon to have one almost annually.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 3 EmptyThu 26 Aug 2021 - 12:49

Buskalilly wrote:
That said, Let's Go did introduce things which have returned; monsters in the overworld, riding Pokemon to some extent, no HMs . . . Even if the inevitable 9th generation doesn't play exactly like Legends, it will take some of the lessons learned

Fair point, think because the D/P remakes are the same as they previously was I'd forgotten about them bringing features over to other games. Anyway Legends is gonna be great xoxo.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 3 EmptyThu 26 Aug 2021 - 17:23

masofdas wrote:
I wouldn't surprised as how many Diamond and Pearl type remakes are really left to do

I really hope that instead of a BW Remake we get Black and White 3.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 3 EmptyFri 27 Aug 2021 - 21:05

That would be great. It absolutely won't happen. They're obviously on a roll with these remakes, and if anything DP seem to be more faithful to the originals than ever, HM-shaped warts and all.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 3 EmptyMon 10 Jan 2022 - 10:39

I just watched the overview trailer and I have to say, I'm pretty impressed. It really looks (and sounds) like they've taken some BoTW inspiration. But the catching gameplay, which I obviously didn't properly know about before, looks really good. I hope the game turns out well!

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 3 EmptyMon 10 Jan 2022 - 21:05

I'm definitely at the point of watching no more trailers from hereon. Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 3 EmptyTue 11 Jan 2022 - 6:45

Balladeer wrote:
I'm definitely at the point of watching no more trailers from hereon.  Can't wait!

Samesies! I'm not engaging with any Pokemon content at the moment at all.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 3 EmptyFri 21 Jan 2022 - 20:44

Only a week to go chaps! Bounce Properly excited for this one, and every person on the Internet moaning about how it isn't in 2160p at a fluid 60fps with every leaf on every tree individually distinguishable from the other side of the map only fuels my excitement.

Starter poll? Starter poll.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 3 EmptySat 22 Jan 2022 - 8:13

Tough one but I'm leaning towards Rowlett because Decidueye would be played by Chris Pratt in a Pokémon movie (he's so cool). I think could be swayed by Cyndaquil though, Typhlosion seems like it would suit the game well.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 3 EmptySat 22 Jan 2022 - 8:34

This is a tough three, but I've seen things those naughty leakers, and it has made it harder to pick.

Hopefully can catch them all.

Last edited by masofdas on Sun 23 Jan 2022 - 20:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 3 EmptySat 22 Jan 2022 - 8:38

Not this time, with it being a prequel they've dropped the "Gotta Catch 'em all" slogan and it's now "Get wha' you given an' like it" to reflect the less consumer friendly time period.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 3 EmptySat 22 Jan 2022 - 11:10

Treesmurf wrote:
Tough one but I'm leaning towards Rowlett because Decidueye would be played by Chris Pratt in a Pokémon movie (he's so cool).

Really?  I get an awkward nerd vibe off Decidueye!  Hood pulled down over its face and everything.  Matches with Jock Incineroar and Prom Queen Primarina for school stereotypes. It's one reason why the Rowlet chain is my favourite starter (so obviously they're my pick).
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 3 EmptySun 23 Jan 2022 - 10:47

I ended up preordering this the other day after dithering quite a lot about it - but even if it's a bit wonky I'm sure I'll still enjoy it. I was worried about it feeling really empty but I still dicked around for ages in the Wild Areas in SwSh!

Anyway, I think I'm going to go Cyndaquil. Rowlet's evolutionary line is super fun but it's been many more years since I've had a Typhlosion in my team.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 3 EmptySun 23 Jan 2022 - 11:53

I'll be going for Cyndaquill as it's a cool fella that I've not seen for a while.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 3 EmptySun 23 Jan 2022 - 17:47

Balladeer wrote:
Treesmurf wrote:
Tough one but I'm leaning towards Rowlett because Decidueye would be played by Chris Pratt in a Pokémon movie (he's so cool).

Really?  I get an awkward nerd vibe off Decidueye!  Hood pulled down over its face and everything.  Matches with Jock Incineroar and Prom Queen Primarina for school stereotypes.  It's one reason why the Rowlet chain is my favourite starter (so obviously they're my pick).
Didn't you hear? Nerds are cool, Decidueye was the best of the Alolan starters when Sun and Moon released and it cemented its place even more in Pokken Tournament, proper badass nerd.
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Jan 2022 - 0:53

Rowlet is cute as fuck but I'd probably go for Cyndaquil because I like all the stages of his evolutionary line. Hopefully Chris Pratt isn't in any upcoming pokemon media.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Jan 2022 - 6:42

I'll be playing twice, so I'm thinking Oshawott on-stream and I'm gonna go Rowlett off-stream so I can use Growlithe.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Jan 2022 - 20:46

Treesmurf wrote:
Didn't you hear? Nerds are cool, Decidueye was the best of the Alolan starters when Sun and Moon released and it cemented its place even more in Pokken Tournament, proper badass nerd.

I'm not disagreeing!

Kriken wrote:
Rowlet is cute as fuck but I'd probably go for Cyndaquil because I like all the stages of his evolutionary line.

Funnily enough Typhlosion is the big bee in my bonnet there.  I genuinely think it's the worst out of all nine starter forms.  Cyndaquil and Quilava are cuties, and then you get The Same Again But Angrier And Hyperventialting.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 3 EmptyTue 25 Jan 2022 - 14:47

Trailer Teasing:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next