We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)

Go down 
+11
The Cappuccino Kid
EofGizmo
JayMoyles
neil
Treesmurf
Rum
Muss
masofdas
OrangeRakoon
Buskalilly
Balladeer
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Which starter are you picking as your first choice?
Cyndaquil
Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 4 Vote_lcap46%Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 46% [ 6 ]
Oshawott
Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 4 Vote_lcap15%Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
Rowlet
Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 4 Vote_lcap23%Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 23% [ 3 ]
I'm not even getting this game, but: ooh! Poll!
Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 4 Vote_lcap15%Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 4 EmptyWed 26 Jan 2022 - 8:19

Balladeer wrote:

Funnily enough Typhlosion is the big bee in my bonnet there.  I genuinely think it's the worst out of all nine starter forms.  Cyndaquil and Quilava are cuties, and then you get The Same Again But Angrier And Hyperventialting.
But if you squint it's like a fire bear.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 4 EmptyWed 26 Jan 2022 - 10:17

My copy has been sent Grin

I have no idea which starter I'll choose based on the names, I just know it isn't Rowlet
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 4 EmptyWed 26 Jan 2022 - 18:39

Reviews are coming out and thankfully... they're good! I'm genuinely excited now, rather than just nervously so!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 4 EmptyWed 26 Jan 2022 - 21:33

Yep, the scores are looking really good!  And there are a bunch of angry little graphics fanboys banging their tiny fists, which makes it all the better. Very Happy

neil wrote:
I have no idea which starter I'll choose based on the names, I just know it isn't Rowlet

...point of order, Jay: is it considered a faux pas to ban somebody out of pettiness?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 4 EmptyWed 26 Jan 2022 - 22:33

I don’t think I’ve ever used Cyndaquill in a Pokemon game before. That’s how I’ve been enjoying these games for a while now – just trying out teams of monsters I’m unfamiliar with and I’ve not used in the past. Like Growlithe for Buskalilly, that redesigned Voltorb that’s been seen in the older trailers will be a good example of that for me.

I'm really encouraged about the review scores too, looking forward to this Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 4 EmptyThu 27 Jan 2022 - 9:39

Cyndaquil is probably my least favourite fire starter, so I will probably go Rowlet who is probably my favourite grass starter. Imagine picking Cyndaquil out of all the great fire boys, sad.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 4 EmptyThu 27 Jan 2022 - 9:55

I can't get a Charmander at the start, can I.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 4 EmptyThu 27 Jan 2022 - 10:07

Cyndaquil >> Charmander.  In fact I'll go further than that, Charmander and family was the worst fire starter until they introduced the third fire/fighting in Gen. 5.  (Since then we've also had bobble-head cat.)

Cyndaquil's good, just not good enough to have 56% of the vote.  (Also there's no way Typhlosion's even remotely like a fire bear, it's an overburdened mustelid thing.) Cappa's argument's valid though. I've played with all of these at some point and Rowlet >> the other two.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 4 EmptyThu 27 Jan 2022 - 10:19

Balladeer wrote:
Cyndaquil >> Charmander.  In fact I'll go further than that, Charmander and family was the worst fire starter until they introduced the third fire/fighting in Gen. 5.  (Since then we've also had bobble-head cat.)
Where's the post depreciation thread, absolute worst post of the millenium energy here.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 4 EmptyThu 27 Jan 2022 - 10:28

You all forget
Spoiler:
for them as well, so vote might be different after the game.

Balla never been so wrong about something.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 4 EmptyThu 27 Jan 2022 - 11:31

Charmander is one of the best Pokemon full stop (and so is Charizard). Don't you remember when he was left on that rock by his evil Australian trainer Bruce? I do.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 4 EmptyThu 27 Jan 2022 - 12:18

Yeah yeah. This isn't just nostalgia talking, it's screaming loud enough to drown out common sense. Charmander is the most normal orange lizard ever, and it evolves into the most generic orange dragon ever (bar not being a dragon type). Heck, it's not even the best Gen. 1 orange dragon Pokémon. I'm sure there are equally emotional bits in the anime about other monsters that we just haven't seen because we stopped watching. Also, I don't even think it's bad! Just Cyndaquil and Torchic's lines are better.

Also, I've mod-spoilered something in your post Mas, just in case people have managed to remain unspoiled on that up to now.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 4 EmptyThu 27 Jan 2022 - 12:53

After looking up the other two Pokemon, including the one that sounds like anti-anxiety medication, I voted Oshawott.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 4 EmptyThu 27 Jan 2022 - 16:05

neil wrote:
After looking up the other two Pokemon, including the one that sounds like anti-anxiety medication...

My brain is currently processing this into tagline material, by the way.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 4 EmptyFri 28 Jan 2022 - 3:34

I've done a podcast on Charmander's family so I'll ignore Balla for now.

Played two hours of this. it is exactly my shit. Annoyed I have to go to work now
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 4 EmptyFri 28 Jan 2022 - 23:51

Balladeer wrote:
Cyndaquil >> Charmander.  In fact I'll go further than that, Charmander and family was the worst fire starter until they introduced the third fire/fighting in Gen. 5.

You're just abusing your mod powers right now.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 4 EmptySat 29 Jan 2022 - 18:47

The missus played an hour or two and it looks really good. I don’t like the music much though, it’s a bit feeble sounding in places.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 4 EmptySat 29 Jan 2022 - 22:35

I haven't noticed the music much -I guess it's going for that understated BotW thing - but when I do catch it, it's pleasant enough.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 4 EmptySun 30 Jan 2022 - 10:14

Watched the main man, along with Muss in the chat, play some Legends.

I'm currently about 11hrs in, and just moving to the third area. This is very decent so far, but was thinking when comes to Switch vote if be recently biased.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 4 EmptySun 30 Jan 2022 - 10:51

I played it last night. Finding it very charming and I even find the visuals quite nice. First game that’s really clicked with me in a while. Still don’t like the music.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 4 EmptySun 30 Jan 2022 - 13:53

I like the music! Especially the compositions for the battles.

I'm impressed with this! The graphics aren't amazing but I think they're fine - I haven't experienced any slowdown, just stuff like pop-in. I think I was expecting it to look absolutely honking from the way a lot of reviews wrote "but the GRAPHICS". Just got to the second area the noo.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 4 EmptySun 30 Jan 2022 - 13:57

It’s the village music that bothers me
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 4 EmptySun 30 Jan 2022 - 21:31

Really impressed by this too!

This is the most interesting Pokemon game I've played in decades. Scrapping the old formula for something new was well overdue. All these research projects totally change the way I play Pokemon too - for the first time since perhaps Red/Blue/Yellow, I'm taking my time, exploring everything around me, and catchin' 'em all.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 4 EmptyMon 31 Jan 2022 - 8:37

neil wrote:
It’s the village music that bothers me

Haha, one of my friends in my chat called it "all time" village music Laughing
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 4 EmptyMon 31 Jan 2022 - 9:52

I'm loving it so far, feels very fresh and I'm constantly looking to jump back in for more. It does look like a turd and the pop in is a real problem for the wisps as it seems you can see them either super close or super far, but that's a problem when trying to grab them.

I really hate the lad who wants a big Buizel though, bastard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)   Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Legends Arceus (Sinnoh-pen World Pokémon)
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next