We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl

Go down 
+10
stu_the_great
JayMoyles
Kriken
Rum
Buskalilly
Muss
Treesmurf
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
masofdas
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl Empty
PostSubject: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl EmptySat 27 Feb 2021 - 13:23

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl Pokemon-Brilliant-Diamond-and-Shining-Pearl-min

The names might sound like a name for a new fragrance for Lenor, but I am keen for these remakes.

As I've never played Diamond or Pearl, that these will be all new games to me. The art-syle has taken some getting used to, yet I can see it as here's a 3D DS game if that makes any sense.

I don't know the Pokémon differences between the two games or who should be on my team, so who should be?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl EmptySat 27 Feb 2021 - 16:50

Hmm.

At first I was really unimpressed.  Not at the art style so much, I'm not fussed about that.  It's clearly a more handheld-like style (as you suggested Mas) that allows them to put out more games on a slightly lower budget, and that's what I've been clamouring for on Switch!  

No, it was that it's a remake on Diamond/Pearl.  I really didn't think DP (behave) were a very good generation of Pokémon games.  The selection of Pokémon available for most of the game was weak (only 150), emphasised by the Fire-type Elite 4 member only having two fire-type Pokémon in his team; and I thought it was the worst gen. for new designs as well.  The music was kinda duff too, and you had a long bit where you slogged through the snow; oh, and it was beginning of the bobbins 'friendly rivals'.  No, I wasn't impressed with it first time around, so there's no reason I should be impressed now.  

However.  I played Platinum later on an R4 card and really liked it!  It rejigged the Pokédex so that all the new evolutions were available in the main game, shook up the story a little, and had a great showdown with the Very Hungry Caterpillar's goth uncle in Sannikov Land.  That made me even more disappointed when Platinum didn't get a mention during the trailer, apart from one previously post-game-only Pokémon appearing.  Then somebody did some digging and now I'm more keen.

TL;DR: The subtitle for this thread should be 'Another Easy Platinum for Mas?'
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl EmptySun 28 Feb 2021 - 11:21

I've since looked at the Pokédex and the 151 Pokémon which would make it an easy Platinum if it was to catch all 151.

Then I looked at Platinum's and that looks much better, and now I'm hoping it's those Pokémon just Diamond having Scyther and Pearl Pinsir etc.

Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl EmptySun 28 Feb 2021 - 15:45

Balladeer wrote:
I really didn't think DP (behave) were a very good generation of Pokémon games.  The selection of Pokémon available for most of the game was weak (only 150), emphasised by the Fire-type Elite 4 member only having two fire-type Pokémon in his team; and I thought it was the worst gen. for new designs as well.  The music was kinda duff too, and you had a long bit where you slogged through the snow; oh, and it was beginning of the bobbins 'friendly rivals'.  No, I wasn't impressed with it first time around, so there's no reason I should be impressed now.  

That's pretty much summed up my feelings about Diamond & Pearl on the DS. It was graphically unimpressive too, a tradition that's continued here in 2021. All the same, every Pokemon remake since FireRed and LeafGreen has surpassed my expectations and undoubtedly become the optimal way of playing these games, so I'll at least give Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl a chance.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl EmptySun 28 Feb 2021 - 16:08

This seems very much a case of "you asked for it so here" which is why it's been outsourced and not overhauled all that much. That being said I'm always a sucker for Pokémon and I'm sure I'll still enjoy it, it does look quite unimpressive though, something closer to Let's Go would have been nice.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl EmptyMon 1 Mar 2021 - 11:58

If I remember correctly, D&P featured one fire pokemon (Ponyta, arguably more a normal type given its moveset) that you could catch before conquering the elite four. Who thought that was a good idea?

We're a bit mixed here as to whether we'll pick it up. I can see myself giving it a miss because I wasn't that impressed by the original and it doesn't look like much bother has gone into this one but perhaps we'll learn more in the future.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl EmptyMon 1 Mar 2021 - 20:37

Muss wrote:
If I remember correctly, D&P featured one fire pokemon (Ponyta, arguably more a normal type given its moveset) that you could catch before conquering the elite four. Who thought that was a good idea?

This is correct. And then they had a fire-type Elite Four member. Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl EmptyMon 1 Mar 2021 - 23:10

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl R7e4a797f8cb3ed649feb7a16b3c0b596?rik=7aValsHd2i3PDw&riu=http%3a%2f%2fi0.kym-cdn.com%2fphotos%2fimages%2foriginal%2f000%2f867%2f178%2f808
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl EmptyTue 2 Mar 2021 - 2:43

The prospect that the much-lauded Platinum improvements might be present is appealing. I'd probably be less down on these if I hadn't played through the DS game only a matter of months ago.

There's probably gonna be an otherwise unobtainable mythical Pokémon that means I have to buy this, so I might as well gear myself up to like it!

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
All the same, every Pokemon remake since FireRed and LeafGreen has surpassed my expectations and undoubtedly become the optimal way of playing these games,

I still think Red and Blue are way better than Fire Red and Leaf Green . . .
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl EmptyTue 2 Mar 2021 - 22:08

Buskalilly wrote:
The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
All the same, every Pokemon remake since FireRed and LeafGreen has surpassed my expectations and undoubtedly become the optimal way of playing these games,

I still think Red and Blue are way better than Fire Red and Leaf Green . . .

Now that's just crazy talk.
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl EmptyFri 5 Mar 2021 - 17:18

I'm a bit conflicted because I really liked Diamond and Pearl and in fact it might have my favourite soundtrack in the series. It was beautiful and cosy. But this remake looks pretty underwhelming.

The character models look really cheap and it looks even more like a mobile game than Let's Go did. The point in faithful remakes is that the focus is on making them look pretty - like with Reignited/N-sane trilogy.

But well, I'm sure it's going to sell well anyway.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl EmptySat 6 Mar 2021 - 8:15

I heard something interesting from a Japanese friend-of-a-friend. Apparently, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire got a lot of criticism in Japan for being updated too much; people complained that there's no point making remakes if they don't look like the originals and accused it of being Gen 3-themed XY DLC. So if you're wondering why the DP remakes are taking such a regressive step . . . blame all the Japanese idiots who complained about ORAS.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl EmptySun 7 Mar 2021 - 19:58

It's funny really, that stance is taken by a lot of people with remakes and even sequels in all regions, if they dare try anything new with a game then some people will jump on it and absolutely refuse any kind of change. Nintendo I'd say are really good at sticking to their guns and resisting the negative minority who don't like anything new, Game Freak are not which is why any new gimmick in the series never seems to last. To me I'd much rather a remake feel new anyway, there's no point making them if they look exactly the same.
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl EmptySun 7 Mar 2021 - 21:05

I think I was a little bit disappointed by how faithful ORAS was to the originals, even. That game used too many HMs. And while not a big deal, not being able to customise your character like in X/Y was a random omission.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl EmptyMon 8 Mar 2021 - 12:41

Speaking of HMs, I'm pretty sure Diamond and Pearl were the worst for that in the whole series, hoping there's some kind of workaround.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl EmptyMon 8 Mar 2021 - 14:33

I'd like it if they were replaced with Let's Go style secret moves that still use your team but don't take move slots or impact your team building so much. I suspect that "authenticity" will mean all the HMs come back, though.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl EmptyMon 8 Mar 2021 - 19:27

Defog anyone? Pale
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl EmptyFri 19 Mar 2021 - 16:26

I don't mind the visual style being... basic, shall we say, but I really hope they do include some of the quality of life improvements we've come to enjoy in later Pokémon titles. The idea of having an HM slave on my team again isn't exactly appealing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl EmptyWed 26 May 2021 - 14:10

November 19th, Pearl for me I think as it's almost Red
Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl 20210510
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl EmptyWed 26 May 2021 - 17:25

I'll probably get Shining Pearl too, but just because I originally owned Diamond so it feels like balance, innit.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl EmptyWed 26 May 2021 - 19:02

I know Dialga and Palkia are meant to be roaring on the covers. That's not what that looks like. Yawning, if I'm being polite.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl EmptyThu 27 May 2021 - 11:07

masofdas wrote:
November 19th
About when I was expecting. I'm not, like, chomping at the bit or anything but I'll play it and no doubt have a nice enough time.
I'm kind of wondering if I should try to find a way to fast track gen 4 monsters on LLP to meet the hype but I don't want to do two a week again now that I have MM and MLSFS on the go. Maybe I'll just make an effort to retweet lots of the episodes where I talk about Gen 4 evolutions . . .
Quote :
Pearl for me I think as it's almost Red
Rum wrote:
I'll probably get Shining Pearl too, but just because I originally owned Diamond so it feels like balance, innit.
I was a Diamond boy as well, but I still have my copy of Diamond. In fact, I played it just last year! So I might be the third Pearl.

Balladeer wrote:
I know Dialga and Palkia are meant to be roaring on the covers.  That's not what that looks like.  Yawning, if I'm being polite.

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl E2V2FWwWYAYPSWD?format=jpg&name=medium Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl E2V2FIqWQAAdH5j?format=jpg&name=large
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl EmptyFri 28 May 2021 - 18:56

I don't know what that's a reference to. I don't care. I love it anyway.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl EmptySun 30 May 2021 - 0:18

It's from the music video from the song Big Enough by Kirin J Callinan. The giant screaming ghost cowboy was the meme but the whole music video is pure gold.

Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl EmptySun 30 May 2021 - 8:41

When do pre-orders go live for Pokemon Screaming Cowboy?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next