We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl

Go down 
+10
stu_the_great
JayMoyles
Kriken
Rum
Buskalilly
Muss
Treesmurf
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
masofdas
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Nov 2021 - 14:13

Ah, see now that I don't understand. I understand it even less when looking at reviews like this, where they recommend what I would - replaying the old games, which you already have, for free, without having to give money for rush jobs! Then again I would say I'm probably the forumite who places the least emphasis on nostalgia, so that (and my intense dislike of games companies making money from old rope) is definitely a factor here.

Still though. Why not just replay them on DS? Shifty
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Nov 2021 - 15:10

Balladeer wrote:
Still though.  Why not just replay them on DS? Shifty
  • Pretty
  • Functional and Active online
  • There seems to be some new stuff underground and with some extra monsters
  • Easier to move Pokémon into Home for my National Dex

Like, I don't think these games look mind-blowing but people wanted D&P remakes, and these look like functional D&P remakes.
Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl - Page 3 Giphy
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Nov 2021 - 15:15

I probably should have clarified I was strictly talking to Stu there. I can't say I understand paying £50 for those things you mentioned either, but it's the pure nostalgia reasoning that really seems like it doesn't need a new £50 game to satisfy! Again though, I am Mr. Nonstalgia so that may be just me.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Nov 2021 - 15:58

All value is artificial.
Back to top Go down
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Nov 2021 - 16:15

Balladeer wrote:
Still though.  Why not just replay them on DS? Shifty

I just wanna play the new ones. I don't even have any particular argument. Laughing

I am the embodiment of a nostalgia head when it comes to media though. We are polar opposites in that sense.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Nov 2021 - 20:56

You can get them from Shopto outlet on eBay for £35 with a code. I got Pearl. They look a bit crap but I’ve never played them before and we love a Pokemon adventure in our house.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Nov 2021 - 21:33

I couldn't find Pearl, so got Diamond coming.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Nov 2021 - 22:13

masofdas wrote:
I couldn't find Pearl, so got Diamond coming.

Pearl: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pokemon-Shining-Pearl-Nintendo-Switch-New-Preorder-/284500865669?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Nov 2021 - 23:16

Thanks but Diamond be fine as neither exclusive Mon does much for me, and I'm starting with water type & it's sort of a blue box.

Edit just had a proper look at the exclusive Mon and Diamond's, I prefer a few more over Pearl.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl - Page 3 EmptyFri 19 Nov 2021 - 19:49

I started playing today. The story seems slightly better than Let’s Go and SwSh. I’m disappointed they couldn’t get this full-price remake looking better. I knew it was visually underwhelming but it’s really drab. I don’t mind the chibi style, but the animation and the lack of detail and effects is poor
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl - Page 3 EmptyFri 19 Nov 2021 - 22:21

First 30 minutes of my playthrough, if anyone cares.

I actually think it looks really pretty, so what do I know?
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl - Page 3 EmptySat 20 Nov 2021 - 9:50

Buskalilly wrote:

I definitely think it looks totally fine and very much 'of the era' - it just feels like they're emulating the scale of everything from the GB and DS days, which is why everyone is short and chunky. Which makes sense for a DS remake.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl - Page 3 EmptySat 20 Nov 2021 - 10:14

I find it comparable to Link’s Awakening, which is a lot prettier.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl - Page 3 EmptySat 20 Nov 2021 - 13:27

Shocking hot take from Neil there; Zelda game prettier than Pokémon!??!?
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl - Page 3 EmptySat 20 Nov 2021 - 14:55

What’s the reason it needs to be uglier??
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl - Page 3 EmptySat 20 Nov 2021 - 17:03

Done the first gym, it's Pokemon, does what says on the tin.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl - Page 3 EmptySat 20 Nov 2021 - 22:26

I haven't managed to get to the first gym yet, but after one stream that was delayed by a computer crash and another that was delayed by my oversleeping I think I can comfortably get into a rhythm, so I'll be playing this in two two-hour chunks a week for the foreseeable!

neil wrote:

It doesn't need to be, it just always is. The Zelda team are masters of the art, but after 25 years Game Freak are still endearingly amateur.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Nov 2021 - 10:21

Put a good few shifts into Shining Pearl, now I've just passed the second gym. I think it's all right, not GOTY stuff or anything but I'll enjoy it enough to beat The Elite Four.

I'm having a hard time getting a balanced team in place though. The only mindset I started my game with was the use a team of Pokemon that I'd never used before. Piplup, Budew and Swablu are all fair game and will eventually bring Water, Steel, Grass, Posion, Dragon and Flying to my team. Otherwise, I'm humped. I'm not finding any new Electric, Psychic, Fire or Fighting Pokemon that I can bring in to my squad. I've spent ages pissing around The Grand Underground too, but there's hee-haw that's new to me and that gives me good type coverage as well.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Nov 2021 - 10:26

Buskalilly wrote:
I haven't managed to get to the first gym yet, but after one stream that was delayed by a computer crash and another that was delayed by my oversleeping I think I can comfortably get into a rhythm, so I'll be playing this in two two-hour chunks a week for the foreseeable!

neil wrote:

It doesn't need to be, it just always is. The Zelda team are masters of the art, but after 25 years Game Freak are still endearingly amateur.

I've never got why Nintendo's Teams don't share tech more, use the engine of Xenoblade for instance, nah will use unity.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Nov 2021 - 11:33

Buskalilly wrote:
neil wrote:

That is... certainly a take on it.
Back to top Go down
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Nov 2021 - 8:27

Buskalilly wrote:

I too like the visuals. I feel like they've captured the essence of DS originals.

I'm only one gym in so far, and I'm enjoying myself. As everyone has said, it's not giving any GoTYs the cold sweats, but what's here works fine for what it is. Surprised by how much of the soundtrack has remained hummable to me, too.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Nov 2021 - 9:18

My eyes are used to the visuals and I’m enjoying it plenty. You just can’t go wrong with Pokémon.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Nov 2021 - 15:05

Two gyms beat and it's definitely the worst mainline pokemon I've played

I don't like the chibi visuals either. They look cheap and absolutely nothing like Link's Awakening on Switch, just to knock that one on the head Winky Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Nov 2021 - 15:16

They’re highly comparable being remakes of handheld games with similar perspectives!
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Nov 2021 - 15:30

That's about where the similarities end though! Link's Awakening has a very committed tilt shift plastic model diorama look, that's not what these are doing at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl   Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next