We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff

Go down 
+10
Crumpy Andy
Muss
OrangeRakoon
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
masofdas
Buskalilly
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Jan 2022 - 0:15

masofdas wrote:
Yeah would be two different teams, just seems to alike in the same year.

New Super Mario Bros. 2 is a 2D side-scrolling platform video game in the New Super Mario Bros. series developed by Nintendo for its Nintendo 3DS handheld video game console and was released on July 28, 2012

New Super Mario Bros. U is a 2D side-scrolling platform video game developed and published in 2012 by Nintendo as a launch game for the Wii U.
NA: November 18, 2012
PAL: November 30, 2012
JP: December 8, 2012
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Jan 2022 - 9:57

Yeah know Nintendo done in the past, was two different system's then mind.

Just personally if I was behind Kirby, I have this great game out then come November that darn plumber takes the spotlight again.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Jan 2022 - 22:09

Yeah, it would blow for them.

Also, Balla says they're separate but I think Matt Castle said the Mario team were involved.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Jan 2022 - 21:57

Oh okay. I like Kirby well enough, but I do hope they haven't been helping too much. I like 3D Mario somewhat more...
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Jan 2022 - 9:57

To be fair, we've never had a 3D kirby. It might be the dog's absolute bollocks.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 2 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2022 - 13:07

Did anybody else give the Kirby & The Forgotten Land demo a go? If not, I’d encourage you to try it. It’s only the first three levels of the main game, but I think it shows really promising signs about the finished product. Altogether, it’s just really nicely made.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 2 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2022 - 21:01

Nah, I'm not intending to - no need, I know I'm getting this. Every time I see it, it looks nicer.

Also, Matthew Castle wrote a preview of it in which he called Kirby a candyfloss condom. Worth a skim.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 2 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2022 - 21:06

What Balla said, got on pre-order without a demo already.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 2 EmptySat 5 Mar 2022 - 6:42

I probably will give the demo a go in the next day or so.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 2 EmptySat 5 Mar 2022 - 8:03

I haven't because, similar to Mas and the Balls Man, my decision's already made and I'd rather experience those levels on opening night.

One of my students definitely has, though, as she took inspiration from Kirby throwing bombs at a boss when drawing this masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 2 EmptySat 5 Mar 2022 - 11:41

I gave the demo a try myself, I was already convinced I was just a bit excited to play it so gave it a try. It's exactly what I expected it to be in a good way, should be a fun romp, it also looks really nice, you lot who have recently got an OLED are in for a real treat.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 2 EmptySat 5 Mar 2022 - 13:55

Quote :
should be a fun romp

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 2 EmptySat 5 Mar 2022 - 15:06

Laughing

Beat me to it. Cannot read the word "romp" without hearing this whole sketch play out in my head.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 2 EmptyMon 7 Mar 2022 - 9:00

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Did anybody else give the Kirby & The Forgotten Land demo a go? If not, I’d encourage you to try it. It’s only the first three levels of the main game, but I think it shows really promising signs about the finished product. Altogether, it’s just really nicely made.

I'm avoiding the demo in this instance. I really do like Kirby, so I plan to go into this one blind. Smile
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 2 EmptyMon 7 Mar 2022 - 9:51

Played the demo last night, loved it

FYI for those skipping it, the demo doesn't have any save carry over but it does give you two codes you can input in the main game for a couple of unlocks (codes...! What a throwback!).
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 2 EmptyMon 7 Mar 2022 - 15:05

It’s ironic that I’m surprised that people aren’t giving the demo a go, as it’s a very unsurprising game. It’s Kirby all right, it’s all Kirby, it’s full of Kirby. Kirby has been mostly excellent for about fifteen years though, so I can see how folk are confident about making a pre-order without trying it first.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 2 EmptyMon 7 Mar 2022 - 15:07

This will be my first Kirby game since Dreamland Laughing
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 2 EmptyMon 7 Mar 2022 - 19:08

Just tried the demo. Like it a lot. Looks very Mario Odyssey to my eyes. Really fun to play too. Might actually buy as my youngest loves it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 2 EmptyMon 7 Mar 2022 - 20:33

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
It’s Kirby all right, it’s all Kirby, it’s full of Kirby. Kirby has been mostly excellent for about fifteen years though...

That is a bold claim boss.  I'd personally say there have been more 7/10 or below Kirby games than there have excellent ones (it's basically been Power Paintbrush and Epic Yarn that I've played).  That said, you know a game full of Kirby is going to be solid at worst, and at best... well, you get Epic Yarn.

Anyway, it's more just that this one looks closer to Epic Yarn quality-wise than it does Triple Deluxe. Put my pre-order in today! Bounce
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 2 EmptyTue 8 Mar 2022 - 15:33

I liked Planet Robobobobobobot a fair bit, but I do agree with you Balla in that Kirby games are mostly safe outings. You know where you getting, you know it'll be good enough, it's a grand time.

I played the demo just now and whilst there was nothing outstanding on show in the demo, I'd imagine the later levels will open a bit more in regards to secrets and powerups. I must say, it was refreshing as hell to play a game that didn't actively hate me and want me to struggle like I've been having with Elden Ring lately. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 2 EmptyTue 8 Mar 2022 - 16:45

I didn't make any bold claims there, not at all!

Going back to 2007, there’s been six excellent games since then: Kirby Super Star Ultra, Kirby’s Epic Yarn, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby’s Adventure Wii, Kirby Triple Deluxe and Kirby Planet Robobot. I’d slap a 9/10 on all of those, no fuss. I think Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush will be fondly remembered in time too, as a crafty and clever Wii U exclusive that can’t really be done on a system with one screen. Kirby Star Allies is the very definition of a solid 7/10, and most of the spin-offs I’ve played are perfectly good too. It’s only really Kirby Battle Royale on the 3DS that I’d say was well short the series’ modern day standards.

Kirby games really have been mostly excellent for the last fifteen years. That’s all right if they’re safe. If I wanted danger, I’d play Kirby Triple Deluxe while holding my breath underwater, while piranhas nibble away at my balls.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 2 EmptyWed 9 Mar 2022 - 19:38

Okay, I've not played all those, so maybe that's part of my problem.  I've played:
- Epic Yarn, a truly excellent 9/10;
- Planet Robobot, a mostly 7/10 game that squeezed up to 8/10 due to its wonderful and batshit finale;
- Triple Deluxe, a solid 7/10 that never really felt like it was trying for anything higher;
- I started Rainbow Paintbrush but I won't pretend I got far enough into it to form an opinion.
And there are other games (not Mass Attack which I outright missed) that I didn't pick up because they looked like they wouldn't do anything Triple Deluxe didn't.  So I probably in general have lower opinions that you do of the franchise - but this one still looks great and I'm looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 2 EmptyThu 10 Mar 2022 - 10:23

I played the opening of Epic Yarn in co-op, we managed to get stuck and never played any more Laughing

I can't remember exactly but it was this raft/boat you just had to stand on and wait a couple of seconds to reach the other side. We were racing through and somehow managed to kill ourselves because we didn't reach it at the same time, then it just got more farcical as we then started rushing to redo it because it was so obvious and easy but in rushing we managed to kill ourselves a couple more times. Then we just quit from shared embarrassment Laughing
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 2 EmptyFri 11 Mar 2022 - 10:58

Laughing
I've had similar experiences in Mario games, which add insult to injury by bringing up the little box offering to play the level for me.
No you don't get it game, I know I'm failing but this is ACTUALLY EASY.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 2 EmptyFri 11 Mar 2022 - 21:41

Oh OR. Laughing Of all the reasons to give up on a belter! Any chance you might give it another shot? (Maybe in single-player?)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next