We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff

Go down 
+10
Crumpy Andy
Muss
OrangeRakoon
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
masofdas
Buskalilly
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 3 EmptySat 12 Mar 2022 - 21:52

Honestly, probably not going to happen. It's just another game among countless others that I will likely never have the time or inclination to play.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 3 EmptyMon 14 Mar 2022 - 19:14

Aww. It's really good. I'll be very pleasantly surprised if Forgotten Land beats it. (resists urge to repost Outer Rings theme)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 3 EmptyTue 15 Mar 2022 - 9:47

Kirby's Epic Yarn is an excellent game.

Oddly enough I haven't actually finished it, despite owning it since day one on Wii and also having it on 3DS.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 3 EmptyWed 16 Mar 2022 - 20:41

It's one of my top 25 games of all time. Really really special.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 3 EmptyWed 23 Mar 2022 - 20:49

Speaking of special games, looks like this has absolutely blown people's minds! 85 on Metacritic as things stand, several points higher than I predicted. Say what you like about numbers, that means a whole bunch of people who really rate it. Roll on Friday. Bounce
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 3 EmptyThu 24 Mar 2022 - 11:03

Mixed reviews: Some say Kirby sucks, others say Kirby is transformative. Accusations that lots of Kirby's abilities/power-ups are copied too. Apparently the new mouthful mode is hard to swallow too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 3 EmptyThu 24 Mar 2022 - 20:27

Balladeer wrote:
Kirby, and how its brahma

I’m really glad that this has lived up to my expectations. I’m especially looking forward to seeing how creative that they’ve been able to be with the gameplay. This must be the Kirby game that HAL Laboratory would have wanted to make for years – it must be bursting with imagination.

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Mixed reviews: Some say Kirby sucks, others say Kirby is transformative. Accusations that lots of Kirby's abilities/power-ups are copied too. Apparently the new mouthful mode is hard to swallow too.

I can’t decide if that’s the best post I’ve ever read or the worst.
Back to top Go down
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 Mar 2022 - 10:53

Gonna have to wait until I get paid, but the general feedback I've seen is very encouraging.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 Mar 2022 - 11:35

I was thinking this would be a nice light game to have alongside Elden Ring.

Then I thought nah, I won't buy it just yet, I'll play through this copy of SM3DW&BF I have in the cellophane.

Then a new game came out and I bought a copy with a cute little bag.

Kirby is nice.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 Mar 2022 - 18:27

I've only just fired this up, but that was enough to raise a big beaming smile to my face. It's so happy-looking and pretty and Kirby feels nice and you can go swimming in the first area and and and. Oh yes. I've got a good feeling about this one.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 3 EmptySat 26 Mar 2022 - 6:10

I had exactly the same experience last night. I only ended up playing for an hour or so, probably less than what's in the demo, but I was grinning from ear to ear throughout.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 3 EmptySat 26 Mar 2022 - 6:16

There's yet dinner.:
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 3 EmptySat 26 Mar 2022 - 9:58

I think that's sold me on the game.

Last edited by Treesmurf on Sat 26 Mar 2022 - 9:59; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I was already sold but yano...)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 3 EmptySat 26 Mar 2022 - 10:16

I'm on the 4th world. I'm getting 3DWorld X Sunshine vibes from it, basically rather good.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 3 EmptySat 26 Mar 2022 - 16:25

FOURTH WORLD

setting them entities, ate you?
Third eye open, is our e? Hint cut
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 3 EmptyMon 28 Mar 2022 - 20:10

Definitely more 3D World than Sunshine for me, but I'm more inclined to cut Kirby some slack than Mario.  After all, this is Kirby's first 3D adventure!  Mario, it wasn't so much.

Still, it does feel a bit constrained.  I always wondered how they were going to work around the 'Kirby can fly anywhere' thing in a world with an extra dimension.  Turns out the answer is, limited altitude gain (sensible) and invisible walls, which I suspect were unavoidable but that's always disappointing to see.  And while I'm dunking on a game I'm enjoying, to Rum's endless delight, it's annoyingly avoidably slow in places.  Why do I have to be informed every time I got back to Waddle Dee Town that the power-up I'm there to upgrade is upgradable if I'd like to upgrade it - once when I land in town, and again when I go into the shop!? Hissy fit That's pre-master Fi levels of bad!

That aside it's mostly delightful.  Lots of invention, Kirby and his foes fit perfectly into the 3D world, and you can make Kirby inhale a big pipe and go shooting down slopes.  The post-apocalyptic levels are nice as well.  I do wish the standard Kirby enemies had been touched up a bit to go with the new theme though: a standard snowman is not an animal.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 3 EmptyTue 29 Mar 2022 - 20:10

Actually got around to the demo a few nights ago & it definitely feels like a more breezy Mario 3d land. Not sure I have the time to buy it at the minutes though.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 3 EmptyWed 30 Mar 2022 - 21:31

It's better than 3D Land given the lack of time limits alone.

Current status: finished the main game, most of the way through the postgame I reckon.  The ending gamut isn't quite up to the standard of Robobot (which to be fair was an all-timer), but it's authentically Kirby.  I enjoyed it. My only wish is that Matthew Castle hadn't talked it up so much: it's not quite as magic as he made it out to be.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 3 EmptyThu 31 Mar 2022 - 8:02

The time limit is a problem in 3D Land? I even forgot it had one until you mentioned it.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 3 EmptyThu 31 Mar 2022 - 22:35

I don’t know what Matthew Castle said about this, and I don’t think I’m near finishing the main game. But I’m confident I can guess what he said, confident that my mood matches his, and that this is exactly as magical as he made it out to be. If anything Balladeer , I think you’re arguably talking it down.

My opinion is that this is a truly masterful videogame, it just oozes quality. It’s a really special sort of game that I don’t think we’ve seen from Nintendo as often as any of us would have liked during the Switch’s life so far. Nintendo have produced plenty of good-calibre, 7/10 type games over the last few years, games that are enjoyable at the time but don’t really leave much of an imprint afterward. Kirby Star Allies is a perfect example of that; already in my experience Kirby and the Forgotten Land is a huge step ahead of that.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 3 EmptyFri 1 Apr 2022 - 21:02

God those emoticons really mess with the text don't they.  Anyway, I don't think you're going to agree with my final thoughts on it somehow Cappa!

I've beaten the postgame now.  I'll be leaving (spoilers?) the final tournament because I've never been into those in Kirby games, only did the other two because they were stupid easy with the upgraded version of fire, but I've done everything else.  90% completion apparently.

It's definitely a Kirby game.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 3 EmptySat 2 Apr 2022 - 0:22

Balla wrote:
God those emoticons really mess with the text don't they.

Now to start using them as full stops in my posts Matthew Castle Did that work? Yes, I think it did Matthew Castle

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 3 EmptySat 2 Apr 2022 - 11:41

I don't think Balla likes fun
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 3 EmptySat 2 Apr 2022 - 11:43

Can confirm, I hate fun. Well-know fact.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 3 EmptySun 3 Apr 2022 - 12:42

Well-know? WELL-KNOW? BALLA CAN'T SPELL EITHER
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next