We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff

Go down 
+10
Crumpy Andy
Muss
OrangeRakoon
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
masofdas
Buskalilly
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff Empty
PostSubject: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 4:27

Nice!

I was convinced this was Splatoon 3 but nope, our first (!) 3D kirby platformer. I love the vibe, it looks gorgeous, and although it'll be floatier and easier than say a Mario or a DK, a new Nintendo 3D Platformer is A OK in my book.

Last edited by Buskalilly on Thu 24 Mar 2022 - 23:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 10:06

I've always liked Kirby, and I'm super keen for this I'm getting weird Nier vibes from the world, but if it was colourful.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 16:24

Buska wrote:
I was convinced this was Splatoon 3 but nope

I said the same on the discord voice chat.

Yeah, I quite like the look of this and given how most Kirby games have you explore set levels for collectibles the move to 3D could work well.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 19:19

This looked like it had some money thrown behind it from a production quality - it looks ace! I am dubious as to how Kirby will control in a 3D space and if the floatiness of Kirby's general gameplay will translate to exploring a big open environment, but I'm sure the same concerns were levied at Mario back in the day.

A wee demo would go a long way for me with this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 21:36

Woohoo! Grin

It didn't have muuuuuuuch competition if we're honest, but this was the undisputed highlight of the Direct.  A new 3D platformer from Nintendo (without a time limit)!  How good is that?  Really good, is how good it is.  Yes it's fair I think to be concerned about whether Kirby can just float through levels, but you'd imagine Nintendo will have thought about that and at the very least wouldn't let you get all the collectables that way.

Also: after I made it on Discord I've seen the thread title joke another umpteen times, and this is the only variant that works well enough to not make me want to roll my eyes. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff EmptySat 25 Sep 2021 - 9:19

Balladeer wrote:
It didn't have muuuuuuuch competition if we're honest, but this was the undisputed highlight of the Direct.
As I'm sure you can imagine, I'm not with you on that one but I can totally see it. It was the biggest surprise, for sure.

Quote :
Also: after I made it on Discord I've seen the thread title joke another umpteen times, and this is the only variant that works well enough to not make me want to roll my eyes. Thumbs Up!
I spent a long time thinking up an acceptable way of doing this.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff EmptySat 25 Sep 2021 - 9:38

This is the game that I warned youse about on Twitter, the one that Nintendo of Japan accidently leaked and then Nintendo Life reported on pre-Direct. I don't think it would have been a giant surprise either way - there'll always be another Kirby game round the corner. As excellent as the likes of Kirby's Adventure Wii, Kirby Mass Attack and particularly the two 3DS games are, its about time that Kirby started in a major project that wasn't 2D and side-scrolling. Really looking forward to The Forgotten Land.

Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff EmptySat 25 Sep 2021 - 16:33

It'll certainly be interesting to see what this turns out like - even with the snippets they've shown there are a lot of questions. Well, two really

1) Is this actually a big open world like what with the Zeldas and Marios and stuff? Or are each of these areas little level vignettes?

2) Should we just say humanity is doomed? Splatoon's secret message is "humanity is doomed lol". Kirby's new message also seems to be "humanity is doomed lol".
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff EmptyMon 27 Sep 2021 - 11:58

This looks amazing

Also it's not post-apocalypse - Kirby IS the apocalypse
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff EmptyMon 27 Sep 2021 - 14:02

Not actually a new thing - prior Kirby games have seen Earth as one of the planets he could visit, but it's always post-apocalyptic.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff EmptyMon 27 Sep 2021 - 18:11

Looks nice this. I too was convinced it was splatoon 3 at first.

Jimbob wrote:

2) Should we just say humanity is doomed? Splatoon's secret message is "humanity is doomed lol". Kirby's new message also seems to be "humanity is doomed lol".

Yes.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff EmptyMon 27 Sep 2021 - 20:52

Splatoon and Kirby teams both just looking out of the window for their inspiration.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff EmptyMon 27 Sep 2021 - 22:10

Buskalilly wrote:
Not actually a new thing - prior Kirby games have seen Earth as one of the planets he could visit, but it's always post-apocalyptic.

I think one of the N64 ones - I want to say Crystal Shards - had what was clearly Earth as totally frozen over.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff EmptyTue 28 Sep 2021 - 5:46

Yeah I think that's what I was thinking of Jay.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff EmptyWed 12 Jan 2022 - 17:33

25th of March for this one

My guess of June tad out, but now there are 4 games on Switch in March alone I want, my wallet.

#2022YearoftheSwitch

Last edited by masofdas on Thu 13 Jan 2022 - 11:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff EmptyWed 12 Jan 2022 - 21:28

I was already sold on the game, but that looks really good. And it's got co-op too! Definitely a bit more excited for it now. Smile
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff EmptyThu 13 Jan 2022 - 11:28

I never noticed it at the first reveal but this has a lot of similarities with Mario 3D land & that shoots it up a fair bit more for me.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff EmptyThu 13 Jan 2022 - 12:52

I'm convinced someone on the Kirby dev team just recently played Nier Automata - the cityscape from the initial trailer and now that desert scene from the end of this trailer could have been ripped straight from that game. Laughing

But aye, echoing what Balla said, I was already sold on this from the reveal trailer but it's good to have it reaffirmed with this second trailer. Roll on March!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff EmptyThu 13 Jan 2022 - 13:37

I really hope there's a Yoko Taro of this game who always wears a Kirby on his head.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff EmptyThu 13 Jan 2022 - 13:40

I want the ending of the game to be Kirby eating your save data in order to bring back Dedede from the dead or some shit.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff EmptyThu 13 Jan 2022 - 13:46

The_Jaster wrote:
I never noticed it at the first reveal but this has a lot of similarities with Mario 3D land & that shoots it up a fair bit more for me.
It makes sense - Kirby has always been positioned as a kind of introductory platformer, and the goal of 3Ds Land and World was to help introduce 2D players to the concept of a 3D Platformer.
Crumpy Andy wrote:
I really hope there's a Yoko Taro of this game who always wears a Kirby on his head.
Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff Medium_ELBpGUEU8AU-ZV2
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff EmptyThu 13 Jan 2022 - 22:38

The_Jaster wrote:

That's one of the first similarities I drew from that trailer! Tell you what, if Kirby & The Forgotten Land is half as good as Super Mario 3D Land...it would get 45% on Opencritic, and I'd be humped for that Fantasy Critic League. Still, should be closer than that.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff EmptyFri 14 Jan 2022 - 6:38

Kirby also looking like it does make me more convinced no new Mario game this year.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff EmptyFri 14 Jan 2022 - 21:52

They must be done by entirely different teams, surely? And could be up to nine months apart.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff EmptyFri 14 Jan 2022 - 22:35

Yeah would be two different teams, just seems to alike in the same year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff   Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff Empty

Back to top Go down

Kirby and the Forgotten Land - The Last of Puff
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next