We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time)

Go down 
+5
JayMoyles
masofdas
Rum
The_Jaster
Balladeer
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time)   Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time) - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 Jun 2023 - 12:12

masofdas wrote:
Elden Ring or Final Fantasy XVI pish you've heard it hear.

Compared to Ghost Trick? At least one of those two, maybe both.
Ghost Trick is definitely more up your street.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time)   Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time) - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 Jun 2023 - 15:03

XVI is my most anticipated game though for this year, if I could only play one more game this year, it be that.

Though it comes out on the 22nd, Ghost Trick the 30th, so yeah that space between XVI and Pikimin 4 can see a Ghost Trick being played though Andy reminded me how great Story of the Seasons: A Wonderful Life is, and maybe Rain Code will be good.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time)   Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time) - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 Jun 2023 - 15:16

Yeah, blame me and my love of farming...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time)   Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time) - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 Jun 2023 - 15:52

Ghost Trick is only like 10-12 hours long so it's easily played alongside a game you want to be your main focus.

---

I just fired up the demo to check out the controls & while there is no pointer controls (which is what I was hoping for) it does at least have touch screen controls for handheld play. Also that chapter 1 set up is *chef kiss* Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time)   Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time) - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 Jun 2023 - 17:32

We will see what's in the mix, as I will say July is pretty awful part from Pikmin 4 and Exoprimal which only get use if the Pod lads play it on Game Pass. So is like a whole month between XVI and Pikmin 4, also I've got the week off for XVI that I might finished before GT even comes out.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time)   Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time) - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 Jun 2023 - 17:57

I'm more excited for Rain Code than most but there's no way at all it's going to be better than this.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time)   Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time) - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Jun 2023 - 9:25

It's the only thing I'll play that involves that much listening to people talk at each other. I don't know if that counts as an endorsement or not, but I loved it.

Ghost Trick that is - Rain Code looks like I'd be arrested for playing it
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time)   Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time) - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Jun 2023 - 7:57

A nonce wrote:
I'm more excited for Rain Code than most
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time)   Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time) - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Jun 2023 - 9:20

Well Ghost Trick has moved above Story of Seasons in what I may play.

EDIT

Got £26 in credit on Game Collection, and they do PSN vouchers, so may get this on PS5, though feels a Switch game being from the DS. Was also looking at LAD Ishin as it cost £1.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time)   Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time) - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Jun 2023 - 21:25

Buskalilly wrote:
A nonce wrote:
I'm more excited for Rain Code than most
Can't believe you'd dare associate me with cryptocurrency. For shame.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time)   Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time) - Page 2 EmptyThu 22 Jun 2023 - 1:59

Thanks for the link because I had no idea.
I ain't reading that though, seems boring as shit.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time)   Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time) - Page 2 EmptyThu 22 Jun 2023 - 15:04

Got Ghost Trick physical on order again as done some eBaying, so funds from that paying for GT which is costing £33 with postage/tax etc. I don't think what £10 more for the physical and then a lot of that is getting the game here, is that much more than digital.

Then if I don't like can flog or I finish and just found it to be fine, if I do really like it can stay in the collection of Switch games which is back down to 48.

Last edited by masofdas on Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 18:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time)   Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time) - Page 2 EmptySat 24 Jun 2023 - 18:21

Not an option for me, I pre-ordered the digital version. It will now sit around doing nothing until goodness knows when, but it's great scenery on my Switch home screen!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time)   Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time) - Page 2 EmptySat 24 Jun 2023 - 19:23

Surprised you didn't go for the physical version being a big fan of the game.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time)   Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time) - Page 2 EmptyFri 30 Jun 2023 - 10:05

I played the demo and I liked it! I finally got to meet Missile, all those years after Matthew Castle (I think) raved about how great he is. I'll be getting it for sure, though not sure when I'll play it...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time)   Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time) - Page 2 EmptyFri 30 Jun 2023 - 20:50

That's a mood and a half.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time)   Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time) - Page 2 EmptyTue 11 Jul 2023 - 21:53

My physical copy of this has arrived from Japan. It's my next Switch game I play, just when I play the Switch next is the question (okay it be when Pikimin 4 comes out and that be the next Switch game I play).
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time)   Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time) - Page 2 EmptyWed 12 Jul 2023 - 11:31

I should buy a copy to support the general concept, though I have no idea when I'll play it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time)   Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time) - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Jul 2023 - 21:24

Ah stuff it. I'm playing this again. Why was I trying to struggle through Coffee Talk when I could have been replaying this in 60fps-o-vision? Fool. And it's still tremendous.

Surprisingly good: analogue stick controls. You can play it with touch screen, but I think I even prefer using the stick. Surprisingly bad: 60fps-o-vision. It's obviously been straightforwardly upscaled, and the "joins" are visible. They're by no means game-ruining, probably only obvious to a proper Ghost Trick head like myself, but they're there.

Unsurprisingly excellent: everything else about this game. Love love love it. Love
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time)   Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (the best story-focussed game of all time)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2