We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?

Go down 
+35
OrangeRakoon
gjones
oldschool
SquidgyGoat
Xelviar
JayMoyles
Cube
Rum
mandlecreed
Buskalilly
Jimbob
Solve My Maze
fronkhead
Crumpy Andy
awesomedude
Kieron
nupkin
Silver light
NintenDUCK
SuperPaperLink
Axis1500
Athrun888
beemoh
Dusty Knackers
Treesmurf
Fancy Fancy
Admin
ZeroSuitSamus2
masofdas
shanks
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Vidofnir
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 4 EmptyMon 17 Jun 2013 - 12:52

I'm not Razz  Whenever I get access to the 3DS it's all Fire Emblem for me!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 4 EmptyMon 17 Jun 2013 - 13:03

You just had to be different 
 Razz
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 4 EmptyMon 17 Jun 2013 - 13:13

I am also hampered by being banned from my GF's game as she doesn't want to share her fruit or shops. Plus the game just doesn't bother me that much, one day maybe.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 4 EmptyTue 18 Jun 2013 - 0:21

I'm moving between a few at the moment, besides doing the daily routine on Animal Crossing I'm still working my way through Fire Emblem with the ocassional but of Pokemon Dream Radar thrown in.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 4 EmptyTue 18 Jun 2013 - 7:13

The Animal Crossing bug (ha!) has yet to truly bite - a game you have to play every day is not really feasible for me. I'll keep going for a bit, though. Other than that, it's Oracle Of Ages... or it would be, if I wasn't stuck! Aww!
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 4 EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013 - 0:12

Animal Crossing
I've taken to leaving my gates open even when I'm not using the 3DS.
I received a soda fountain and a bed, and someone decided to bury their clothes outside my house...... Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 4 EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013 - 2:30

Asides from Animal Crossing, it's mostly been Sayonara Umihara Kawase on my Japanese 3DS.

It's a gem of a platformer, made around a neat grapple mechanic and tight physics. Online leaderboards, too!

I'm now interested in checking out the series' legacy back to the SNES -- apparently the DS game is the best 'modern' entry.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 4 EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013 - 8:32

Animal Crossing and, when released from its claws, Oracle Of Ages, where I'm partway through the fourth dungeon.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 4 EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013 - 11:21

Aside from animal crossing I've started on DKCR 3D. It's a good game and the 3d graphics look very nice indeed.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 4 EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013 - 14:23

I should get to finishing DKCR before Project X is out
Back to top Go down
Solve My Maze
Wii U Port
Solve My Maze

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 4 EmptySun 23 Jun 2013 - 13:45

For some strange reason, I downloaded OOT for the pricely sum of £40 yesterday even though I already have two copies of the game. It looks beautiful on 3DS, though. I actually think it's a great fit for the handheld, and it's more enjoyable than I remember it being back in the day.
Back to top Go down
awesomedude
Stability Update
awesomedude

PostSubject: What are you playing on your 3DS right now?   What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 4 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013 - 17:52

I caught ALL of the fish in AR Games!
What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 4 Hni_0040
Back to top Go down
http://socialgamers.forumotion.co.uk/
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 4 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013 - 23:10

awesomedude wrote:
I caught ALL of the fish in AR Games!
What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 4 Hni_0040

Woah. I keep forgetting about AR Games, perhaps it's the requirements of those AR Cards that had me not come back.

Hopefully Nintendo will add some new content via DLC like with StreetPass Mii Plaza, though technically they did with those eShop AR cards in Japan. Still waiting for those...
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 4 EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013 - 20:24

Still Fire Emblem Awakening. Just working my way through the DLC; etc as it releases.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 4 EmptyTue 9 Jul 2013 - 4:16

I booted up Tales of the Abyss last night before falling asleep, so I'll probably continue playing that while Smash racks up the mulitiplayer hours.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 4 EmptyTue 9 Jul 2013 - 10:17

A bit of New Art Academy here & there.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 4 EmptyTue 9 Jul 2013 - 10:20

Athrun888 wrote:
I booted up Tales of the Abyss last night before falling asleep...

These two things are probably not unrelated. TotA is the worst non-downloadable game I own on the 3DS.

I'm still playing Animal Crossing, natch. Come this weekend, though...
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 4 EmptyTue 9 Jul 2013 - 10:59

Yeah this is my final full week of AC until Sat when Mario & Luigi is out
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 4 EmptyTue 9 Jul 2013 - 13:21

Balladeer wrote:
Athrun888 wrote:
I booted up Tales of the Abyss last night before falling asleep...

These two things are probably not unrelated.  TotA is the worst non-downloadable game I own on the 3DS.

I actually thought what I played was rather fun.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 4 EmptyTue 9 Jul 2013 - 13:24

It's an oddity of a JRPG, in that it seems to get worse as it gets on.  The pace slows, the rather dull environments and talking head cut-scenes grate, and the battle system is never more than all right.  Still, it might work for you.  All I can say is that it didn't for me.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 4 EmptyTue 9 Jul 2013 - 21:46

I wasn't entirely impressed with Tales of the Abyss, even as a big Tales fan.

It has the best core story of the Tales games, but everything else is a step back. The dull game world and mindless dungeon design aren't great, and you end up becoming errand boy half-way through the game as you just return to locations and back, reporting on whatever was going on back then. I did enjoy it, but I wouldn't play it again, and I can barely remember the game now.

Its various gameplay systems (I can't even remember their name but one involved elemental positioning and another was to do with weapons or something) were also pointless given it's easily possible to beat the game paying no attention to them. A bit like synthesis in Tales of Symphonia 2.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 4 EmptyWed 10 Jul 2013 - 7:46

Balladeer wrote:
It's an oddity of a JRPG, in that it seems to get worse as it gets on.  The pace slows, the rather dull environments and talking head cut-scenes grate, and the battle system is never more than all right.
It gets slower?! I felt like an errant sloth in the parts I've played; more story than game. I like the battle system, though I'm only scraping its surface.

Anyway, back on Oracle Of Ages after a brief break to beat Mighty Switch Force! 2. And also that Animal Crossing game.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 4 EmptyWed 10 Jul 2013 - 8:05

Sporkhead's comment that you become an errand boy about halfway through the game is about right.

sporkhead wrote:
It has the best core story of the Tales games, but everything else is a step back.

Even the story isn't all that. All the waffle about seventh fonons and the Qliphoth and hyperresonance: it reminds me of a rant by Yahtzee on fantasy gameplay (from his Kingdoms of Amalur "review", I believe), that ends with, "in the lands of Knick Knack Knocky and Bingly Bongly Boo." Maybe it'd be better if it was told better, but the voice acting is heavily hit-and-miss (Tear in particular is dull, dull, dull) and the character models don't add.

Anyway, this is getting a bit off-topic. I guess I'm just annoyed because I played so much of this game, before realising that I wasn't enjoying doing so. It'll get a dishonourable mention whenever the next 3DS voting thread pops up, that's for certain.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 4 EmptyThu 11 Jul 2013 - 17:27

Well I'm well and truly in to it now.  Admittedly I'm not that far in it I suspect, but I'm enjoying it.  Currently on the way to that town where Master Ven will meet up with Luke and the gang and sort out the Miasma.  Ion sure does seem to get kidnapped by the Six God Generals an awful lot doesn't he?  Laughing  I count two actual kidnappings so far and about three attempts, it's like seeing Team Rocket from the Pokemon show.

The only thing that honestly bugs me is Luke.  Ye gods he's an obnoxious prat.  He constantly whines about being shut up in his mansion and then starts whining about being transported out by Tear.  I'm sure he'll grow up eventually, but until then, well, thankfully Jade's around to constantly take cracks at him.

Edit: And of course as soon as I resume the game after posting that we have a bunch of revelations and Luke gets that much needed reality check. I haven't seen someone get that burned in a long time. Also Asch is awesome.

Last edited by Athrun888 on Thu 11 Jul 2013 - 20:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Major plot movements)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 4 EmptyMon 12 Aug 2013 - 11:10

So is know one is playing there 3DS / DS. I started attack of the friday monster last night, it looks really nice that's about all i can say for the time being as i've only played 30mins-1 hour. So not seen any monsters yet or everything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?
Page 4 of 38Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 38  Next