We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!

Go down 
+17
ZeroSuitSamus2
Athrun888
nupkin
fronkhead
Silver light
2becomecarrion
Treesmurf
Jimbob
JayMoyles
Vidofnir
ZeroJones
masofdas
Admin
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 5 EmptySun 24 Mar 2013 - 21:39

I voted it number 1 but it was between that and Monster Hunter so it probably would have been different had I played The Last Story, Fire Emblem or Pandora's Tower which I all own.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
2becomecarrion
Ejected into the Lava
2becomecarrion

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 5 EmptySun 24 Mar 2013 - 21:58

What about rail shooters in?

*edit* and shmups?

Last edited by 2becomecarrion on Sun 24 Mar 2013 - 22:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 5 EmptySun 24 Mar 2013 - 22:01

2becomecarrion wrote:

Surely! My nominations will have to completely change if we're not having on-rail shooters.

How about retro compilations? While I'd personally allow anything on disc for Wii and anything downloadable through WiiWare, this isn't my thread and thus I leave it up to you, Balladeer...
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 5 EmptySun 24 Mar 2013 - 23:26

Yeah I'm pretty sure games like S&P are confirmed to be ok already.
I personally voted Metal Slug Anthology as in but if anyone wants to dispute that it's fine by me.

Blimey that was tough, I love shooters but it turns out I don't really love Wii shooters.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 5 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2013 - 4:46

Really surprised by the winner, I didn't get on with SPM at all hence why I dint even give it courtesy vote.

Last story voted higher than MHTri? Hissy fit you bastards Hissy fit I honestly thought xenoblade would've taken this & oh I had no clue muramasa was down in this catogery, loved that game.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 5 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2013 - 7:16

Really loved Muramasa, and was sad that it didn't make the top 5, because probably means that few people picked it up. Aww! And like Andy said, Xenoblade is just that good. Almost certainly in my overall Wii top 5.

masofdas wrote:
Ohh and was i the only one to vote for graces

Yes you were. You can have this week's obscurity points. Tongue

masofdas wrote:
What genre is silent hill, project zero, metroid other m and cursed moutain coming under

I'd have thought all of these would be adventure, just for the lack of anything else to put them in, apart from possibly Project Zero (a photo.-em-up sounds a bit like "other" to me). Anyone have a good case for something else with these?

Phillips wrote:
2becomecarrion wrote:

*edit* and shmups?

Surely! My nominations will have to completely change if we're not having on-rail shooters.

How about retro compilations? While I'd personally allow anything on disc for Wii and anything downloadable through WiiWare, this isn't my thread and thus I leave it up to you, Balladeer...

Rails shooters and shmups are definitely in. Happy to accept retro compilations too, unless anyone says otherwise!

I'm convinced to put MP3C into adventure. In that case, I'll probably lump MP3C and Trilogy in together.

Got a couple of votes to catch up with tonight, I know. Sorry for the delay!

Last edited by Balladeer on Mon 25 Mar 2013 - 9:05; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 5 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2013 - 7:53

Curse you, Super Paper Mario! On the other hand, I'm kind of pleased to see Monster Hunter Tri make the list well. It's a divisive game.

Now, shooting things! Will I be able to fill out my five votes this week? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 5 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2013 - 17:21

To my surprise, I've actually played five Wii shooters! And haven't finished one of them. Laughing Only voting for four: the first five minutes of the fifth didn't impress me sufficiently. Where was Yoshi's Safar-Wii when it was needed?

EDIT: I have another question for everyone, and it concerns the Bit.Trip range of games. They contain shooters (Core, Fate), but they also seem to be rhythmic in nature according to Wikipedia. And then there's Bit.Trip Complete, containing all of them, all on WiiWare. How do I judge these? The games can be either judged on their own with Complete not allowed, or judged separately to Complete; but then would Complete end up in a different category, and if so which one? (Minigames? Rhythm? Shooter?) You who have played them, please advise!
Back to top Go down
2becomecarrion
Ejected into the Lava
2becomecarrion

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 5 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2013 - 19:40

Balladeer wrote:
To my surprise, I've actually played five Wii shooters! And haven't finished one of them. Laughing Only voting for four: the first five minutes of the fifth didn't impress me sufficiently. Where was Yoshi's Safar-Wii when it was needed?

EDIT: I have another question for everyone, and it concerns the Bit.Trip range of games. They contain shooters (Core, Fate), but they also seem to be rhythmic in nature according to Wikipedia. And then there's Bit.Trip Complete, containing all of them, all on WiiWare. How do I judge these? The games can be either judged on their own with Complete not allowed, or judged separately to Complete; but then would Complete end up in a different category, and if so which one? (Minigames? Rhythm? Shooter?) You who have played them, please advise!

After some consideration my two scents are as follows:

Although core, void and fate are shooters
some of the other games runner, beat, flux do not actually involve any shooting things in the face.

so I would say, as each title is available as wiiware
then each title be considered individually and the
Complete collection be omitted from the shooters category

Make sense ?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 5 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2013 - 20:21

Happy to go with that, but where does the compilation then fit?

By the way, for all that Nintendo are meant to be useless at shooty games, the first five votes (we're on six now) already mentioned as many games as the entire RPG week.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 5 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2013 - 22:02

Only game I've played that I could even loosely describe as a 'shooter' on Wii is Link's Crossbow Training. Does that count, or is that a minigame compilation?

And even then I haven't finished it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 5 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2013 - 22:04

Definitely a shooter!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2013 - 16:07

Just sent my shooting games votes. (Hope ye got em ok)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2013 - 16:09

I did, thanks! Grin But check my response PM.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2013 - 16:27

Done & done Smile
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2013 - 16:30

No
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2013 - 16:37

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2013 - 16:44

Okay, let's settle this: Cave Story. Described by Wikipedia as a platformer-cum-adventurer, I'm told there's a lot of shooting in there as well (by a mystery voter who I shall not name definitely not called Jaster). Can those who have played it let me know which genre they think it belongs in please?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2013 - 16:53

I'd say adventure. It's mostly exploring, that's why it didn't even cross my mind for shooters.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2013 - 17:02

I'd say adventure. It's very much in the same vein as a 2D Metroid game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2013 - 17:08

Welp, unless anyone wants to contradict that, adventure it is!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 5 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2013 - 19:57

I'd say Cave Story is an adventure, too. It's just like 2D Metroid, albeit much cuter.

I'll submit my one vote on Friday. I need to play it again to remember what it's like!
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 5 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2013 - 20:15

I could have done a top ten on shooters - there's plenty of decent stuff on the Wii. There's two really, really good console exclusives that I couldn't make room for in my top five, such is the strength of the genre on Wii.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 5 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2013 - 20:21

I've had four full votes! And one that would have been a full vote if Cave Story were allowed, and two other sets of four. There's a good variety of games mentioned, too.

I think, after racing, the only barren week I can see ahead is beat-em-ups, especially for the non-wrestling fans. Maaaaaaybe puzzle? But I think the eShop probably has that one covered.

By the way, if anyone wants to send in their dishonourable mentions outside their votes, I publish them too now!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 5 EmptyThu 28 Mar 2013 - 3:26

Ah, can I change my number 5 vote to a dishonourable mention then please Balla?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!
Page 5 of 27Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 27  Next