We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!

Go down 
+17
ZeroSuitSamus2
Athrun888
nupkin
fronkhead
Silver light
2becomecarrion
Treesmurf
Jimbob
JayMoyles
Vidofnir
ZeroJones
masofdas
Admin
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptySun 5 May 2013 - 18:47

As I expected I should probably get Rhythm Paradise. Metalica making the list though? Whaaatttt? I hate most guitar hero songs but that's a whole game I wouldn't find one choon in Meh
You know what was robbed though, DJ Hero 2 Sad
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptySun 5 May 2013 - 19:17

andyman949 wrote:
Metalica making the list though? Whaaatttt? I hate most guitar hero songs but that's a whole game I wouldn't find one choon in Meh

It's seen as the best Guitar Hero in terms of challenge and gameplay - but totally understandable if you think the songs are naff.

I've never touched Rhythm Paradise, reckon I ought to then, eh?

I'm very interested to hear Stu's speech.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptySun 5 May 2013 - 19:44

Really surprised none of the DJ Hero games made the top 5 Sulk as I said in my votes they are easily the best out of all the Hero series.

I'm sure the likes of just dance & wii music are good if ye are into that sort of thing but people actually put them into their top 5? Eh? Crazy! Cuckoo
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptySun 5 May 2013 - 20:53

JayMoyles wrote:
I'm very interested to hear Stu's speech.

It's less of a speech and more of a:

Am I the only one who thought Tomena Sanner worthy of a vote? It makes Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise look sensible. Makes. It. Look. SENSIBLE.

Crying or Very sad

~~~

As I suspected though, there was no other winner for me this week. Bravo to Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise! Had I played the Wii version, I'd have voted for Green Day Rock Band this week, but that still stands as one of my most-played PS3 games (screw the guitar, the vocal career mode is where it's at).

Oh, and whoever's dad misheard the Love Rap lines: I actually laughed out loud at that comment. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
nupkin
Stability Update
nupkin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptySun 5 May 2013 - 21:11

Glad to see that Rhythm Heaven got the win it deserved! Amazing how much fun you can have with just two buttons - but the choons were so cheesy.

Good to see Wii Music featuring too - I was the only one that could play it out of all my friends so it's a relief to know that there are other true musos out there.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptySun 5 May 2013 - 21:11

I've never heard of Tomena Sanner...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptySun 5 May 2013 - 21:18

andyman949 wrote:
I've never heard of Tomena Sanner...

It's an inexpensive WiiWare game. Give it a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlJIP8mF0JI
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptySun 5 May 2013 - 21:28

Having seen it in action, I question its presence in rhythm. Maybe the dance party has rhythm elements, but the main game seems to have little to do with the music. Maybe more "other"? Eh?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptySun 5 May 2013 - 21:57

It's all about timed presses, which indicates rhythm to me. Every action revolves around the' A' button.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptyMon 6 May 2013 - 0:07

I just never considered it, otherwise it would have made my list.

Wii Music really was enjoyable, you just have to make sure you consider it for what it is, I was definitely quite proud of my Nintendo rendition of Love Lockdown (Mii speak sounds pretty similar to Kanye West using autotune anyway).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptyMon 6 May 2013 - 1:43

Looks a bit like Runner, so it's a platformer Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptyMon 6 May 2013 - 10:49

Go to hell. Winky Face

I forgot about Wii Music, truth be told. I didn't dislike it as such, I just thought it was a bit too aimless. Maybe that was the point?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptyMon 6 May 2013 - 15:11

Tomena Sanner is quality. I'd have said it were a platformer myself, but I can see how others would call it a rhythm game.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptyMon 6 May 2013 - 15:34

After perusing my Wii collection and a genre list for any forgotten games, it seems as if I've nothing to vote for this week. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptyMon 6 May 2013 - 16:33

Looking at the allowed titles, I should be able to have three games in my list this week. Though I'm not sure that Animal Crossing: Let's Go to the City really deserves a vote.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptyMon 6 May 2013 - 21:43

Okay, Rabbids Go Home: adventure, y/n? Wikipedia says Y, one of our forumites says N!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptyMon 6 May 2013 - 21:49

It's an odd one, adventure probably fits it best though.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptyMon 6 May 2013 - 22:54

Good question. I hadn't thought about it in a long time, despite thinking it was really good. Ehh...platformer with trolley? Comedy adventure? No objection to either, truth be told.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptyTue 7 May 2013 - 6:58

Adventure for me!

Strategy and Other week, you say? I'll take a look. Is Bomberman Blast in the "Other" category?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptyTue 7 May 2013 - 8:39

Probably adventure then. Sorry [redacted]. And given that Bomberman didn't get any votes last week, I'm happy to shove it in here!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptyTue 7 May 2013 - 13:56

I decided that I'd start no more aggro after several rubbish arguments about stuff like Monkey Ball, but...

Quote :
Controversial:
Endless Ocean: Had no peril whatsoever. Is it an adventure game despite that?

...Endless Ocean puts more of an emphasis on exploration than arguably any other Wii game. As in Zelda, Metroid, Castlevania and the rest, progress is made through thorough investigation of the gamespace to unlock more. Simply put, if Endless Ocean isn't an adventure game, then what is?

I'd certainly say that Endless Ocean 2: Adventures of the Deep is an adventure game too. The clue for that, my friends, is in the name.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptyTue 7 May 2013 - 16:09

Yeah, I'd agree with that. There's never a real sense of peril in a lot of point-and-click games, but they are adventurey titles at their core.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptyTue 7 May 2013 - 16:13

Most point-and-click games have gone into puzzle! But if the public thinks EO should be adventure, I can do that. (EO2 was always in adventure.). Limits my choices for this week though. Aww!

EDIT: Updated the OP list of "ins" and "outs".
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptyFri 10 May 2013 - 7:30

A massive four votes so far. Just posting a reminder so people don't forget to vote this wee (ZJ Winky Face ).
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptyFri 10 May 2013 - 7:32

Sir, I have not forgotten - it's just that I'm wrestling with the fact that I'll probably have to vote for My Pokémon Ranch. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!
Page 16 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 27  Next