We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!

Go down 
+17
ZeroSuitSamus2
Athrun888
nupkin
fronkhead
Silver light
2becomecarrion
Treesmurf
Jimbob
JayMoyles
Vidofnir
ZeroJones
masofdas
Admin
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptySun 7 Apr 2013 - 20:02

Balladeer wrote:
Wait... What other category? Microgames definitely fall under minigames: they're just smaller!

WarioWare tests your reflexes and levels of concentration just as much as the likes of Tetris, Pac-Man, Puyo Puyo and Bust-a-Move do. Though I can see how people say it's a minigame game, WarioWare's puzzler credentials are clear to me. Puzzle game.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptySun 7 Apr 2013 - 20:24

I wish you'd mentioned this last week! As it is, seven out of 13 people put it somewhere in their lists and it came third. I'm loath to give it the chance to qualify for two different placings, and given the majority consensus last week and my own personal feelings, I'd rather not see it in puzzle. (Wikipedia describes it as a "party video game" if it helps, which it doesn't.) Happy to defer to the community view though, as always. Smile

I put any controversial or slightly controversial games in the OP each week. Please do discuss them!

On which point, Pokémon Rumble. Fighting game Y/N? I've never played it and have no strong feelings either way.

Last edited by Balladeer on Sun 7 Apr 2013 - 20:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptySun 7 Apr 2013 - 20:26

I don't think it's exactly controversial - it can be both. I'm sticking it with puzzle games.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptySun 7 Apr 2013 - 20:55

I didn't dishonourably mention Wii Sports but I didn't mention it, it wasn't that great and there were too many classics missed off. At least one Mario and Sonic should've placed.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptySun 7 Apr 2013 - 21:19

That is the most dull and boring and predictable top 5 ever. Hopefully fighter's will be better.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptySun 7 Apr 2013 - 21:39

masofdas wrote:
That is the most dull and boring and predictable top 5 ever. Hopefully fighter's will be better.

I wouldn't bet on it - I struggled to name five in my list, and based on previous voting I appear to have played more different Wii games than most. Aww!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptySun 7 Apr 2013 - 21:45

I had just one game on my list, and one dishonorable mention. I can predict the winner and probably the 2nd placed game already.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptySun 7 Apr 2013 - 21:47

I'm in a similar boat, I'm assuming Madworld is counted and even then I'll be lucky to scrape a decent list together. What's the odds on a Brawl #1?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptySun 7 Apr 2013 - 21:53

I'd say if it doesn't win I'd eat a hat, but knowing you lot you'd purposefully vote otherwise to ensure hat munching. Nah nah!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptyMon 8 Apr 2013 - 7:17

andyman949 wrote:
I'm in a similar boat, I'm assuming Madworld is counted and even then I'll be lucky to scrape a decent list together. What's the odds on a Brawl #1?

If Pokémon Rumble is allowed, then Madworld definitely is. And I'd say that SSBB is doing badly right now, but that'd be like me telling you that Game Party was doing well last week. Winky Face It's early days yet.
Back to top Go down
2becomecarrion
Ejected into the Lava
2becomecarrion

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptyMon 8 Apr 2013 - 15:26

Im shocked that so many people find the brawlers/fighters/beat'em ups lists so hard to fill.

Mad world is definitely a beat'em up.
as is 'No More Heroes..SSMB.. surely most of us have played those?
then there is Soul caliber, the guilty gears, and Tatsunoko vs Capcom (featuring Viewtiful Joe)
we even got a castlevania spin-off fighter as well as some smash bros rip offs from cartoon network and TMNT

It is a travesty that Viewtful Joe didnt make a solo Wii-appearance Sick ..bad pun sorry !
now that is a reboot I'd be pleased to receive on the Super Wii.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptyMon 8 Apr 2013 - 15:28

I'd have put NMH as adventure! For me, the chores do just enough to set it apart from fighting games. But maybe NMH2, which makes the chores non-compulsory, should be a fighter? Any other thoughts on this? (Or any of the other controversial games discussed?)
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptyMon 8 Apr 2013 - 15:42

I'd have to go with fighter. The adventure parts are just an annoying empty sandbox, the game is all about the 10 fights to me.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptyMon 8 Apr 2013 - 15:58

Tough one with No More Heroes - honestly the first time in this thread where I haven't thought the subject was as plain as day.

I feel I need to justify this: I see No More Heroes as a game based on exploration of an expanding environment. As it is in the likes of Grand Theft Auto, Skyward Sword and Shenmue, combat is an important supplementary to the game, rather than an absolutely essential part of it (like in Tatsunoko Vs Capcom, or even MADWORLD).

I feel that describing No More Heroes as a fighter is too basic. It's all down to personal taste (I definitely don't agree with "annoying sandbox"), but I'll be casting it's vote as one of the Wii's finest adventure games.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptyMon 8 Apr 2013 - 16:00

I'd stick it in with adventure games. It's not a fighter like SSBB or a Mortal Kombat, it's closer to Zelda or to bring in a multiplatform comparison, Devil May Cry in feel.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptyMon 8 Apr 2013 - 16:02

I'm convinced, unless Andy, 2bc or A.N. Other wish to discuss further. Same with NMH2, I presume?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptyMon 8 Apr 2013 - 16:07

Surely NMH2 has to be a fighter, if I remember right they took out the hub world, it was all menus and therefore other than a couple of minigames was all about the fight. I dunno, I could just still be bitter about having to grind a stupid amount of cash in 1, but the hub world was empty bar the sword upgrade, a t-shirt shop and a couple of side missions. The main missions themselves though are all combat. They're just like Madworld.
Back to top Go down
2becomecarrion
Ejected into the Lava
2becomecarrion

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptyMon 8 Apr 2013 - 17:46

NMH for me is a fighter in the same way Rockstars Warriors, ACE Teams Xeno Clash and Segas Shenmue is.
Its about moving around and punching people in the face and then punching bigger harder people in the face.

I'm not sure that sandbox means adventure game anymore, the level of exploration in a modern
adventure game is very much higher. the sandbox element is just to eliminate what could have been a
rather linear bore.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptyMon 8 Apr 2013 - 18:47

Okay, I'm currently inclined to put NMH in adventure and NMH2 in fighter, just like I said further up the page. Razz I played about an hour of NMH2, and it turned the overworld into a menu and the chores into optional minigames which (whisper it) I didn't find much fun. "You want assassins? Have your smelly assassins," as I believe a great magazine once said, more or less. You could go through the entire game fighting the bosses only, and to me, that makes it more of a fighting game. Plus, it means I'd have two games to rank this week instead of one!

I am, as ever, easily swayed on this: like I said, I played an hour, maybe two hours tops. I beat the first boss, did some of the interim stuff before boss 2, and quit. (Really should fix that at some point.) In fact, the only point of view in this thread so far that I strongly disagree with is Smooth Moves being a puzzler, but maybe people will convince me otherwise when puzzle week comes around. Smile

I'm updating the original post as the ins and outs change, if anyone's interested. Anyone? No?

Last edited by Balladeer on Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 19:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptyMon 8 Apr 2013 - 18:59

I really don't like most of the outcome of the sports/mini-games results, the wii has some cracking sports games & in hindsight grouping it with mini-games was really unfair (yes, I didn't think of that until now) and I feel like some folk wether you're a fan of sport or not are missing out on some classic wii games. (Namely NBA jam, PES 08/09 & tiger woods 10)
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptyMon 8 Apr 2013 - 19:35

The_Jaster wrote:
I really don't like most of the outcome of the sports/mini-games results, the wii has some cracking sports games & in hindsight grouping it with mini-games was really unfair (yes, I didn't think of that until now) and I feel like some folk wether you're a fan of sport or not are missing out on some classic wii games. (Namely NBA jam, PES 08/09 & tiger woods 10)

Wasn't fond of grouping them together myself. My original idea on NGamer had a sports category but no minigame category. Looking at the userbase here, I assumed that not many people would have played the likes of NBA Jam, PES and Tiger Woods, and so they were unfairly and awkwardly jammed together. Were this my thread, I'd have found a way to accommodate both for the reasons you've exactly explained. I'd probably either have ditched the RPG group - because, to be frank, I think they're mince - or added another few weeks onto the voting with some new, separate groups.

There are some brilliant, brilliant sports games on Wii.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptyMon 8 Apr 2013 - 19:43

Guyyyyyyyssssss. Aww! Why now? Why not earlier? And remember, Phillips: you suggested taking out sports altogether! I think what I did is preferable to that. (And infinitely preferable to ditching RPGs. Yes I'm biased.)

I know I'm happy with how the week went, but I'm sorry that other people aren't. Too late now though.

EDIT: If it helps, removing all the minigames compilations and votes for minigames compilations puts PES '08 at 4 (9 points) and Wii Fit at 5 (7 points), with one first place vote each. If we group up franchises, PES comes fourth with 15 points and Mario & Sonic comes fifth with 9 points, again with one first place each. I know it's not the same thing, but I hope this eases the pain somewhat.
Back to top Go down
2becomecarrion
Ejected into the Lava
2becomecarrion

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptyMon 8 Apr 2013 - 21:47

Quote :
I'd probably either have ditched the RPG group - because, to be frank, I think they're mince - or added another few weeks onto the voting with some new, separate groups.

There are some brilliant, brilliant sports games on Wii.

There are no words..

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptyMon 8 Apr 2013 - 21:59

Phillips wrote:
I'd probably either have ditched the RPG group - because, to be frank, I think they're mince - or added another few weeks onto the voting with some new, separate groups.

I think taking out a whole genre - and a gaming staple at that - because of personal distaste would have been a bit much.

In regards to the sports snub, I think that whilst it could have deserved its own week, I would be struggling to flesh out a list like I was able to when it was combined with minigames. Too late now to alter it, regardless!

Last edited by JayMoyles on Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 21:59; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I accidently a word.)
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptyMon 8 Apr 2013 - 22:42

Say what you want about seperating the sports, I think it'd take a fair bit more persuasion than a high placing to convince us to buy an 6 year old version of a football game. If we were ever interested we'd have probably played it.

My only grumble with the results is Wii Sports ranked so highly, but that's just your bad tastes Razz

It'd be impossible to scrap RPGs, one of the greatest RPGs of all time is on the console, also I love Fire Emblem!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!
Page 9 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 27  Next