We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!

Go down 
+17
ZeroSuitSamus2
Athrun888
nupkin
fronkhead
Silver light
2becomecarrion
Treesmurf
Jimbob
JayMoyles
Vidofnir
ZeroJones
masofdas
Admin
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptyMon 8 Apr 2013 - 22:45

JayMoyles wrote:

I think taking out a whole genre - and a gaming staple at that - because of personal distaste would have been a bit much.

Aye, that's true. That's why I didn't remove it.

~

Didn't think the JRPG lot on here would be fussed about sports, hence the idea was eventually made to do it with minigames. Makes sense, considering that many of the Wii's best minigame compilations are sports-based, like Wii Sports and Mario & Sonic. I just didn't consider the fact that people would vote for Mario Party and that - I had honestly forgotten all about them. My bad, I guess.

Anyway, done.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptyTue 9 Apr 2013 - 10:23

It's no surprise to see the winner of the sports/minigames category, just as it will be no surprise to see the winner of the fighting game category. My vote has gone in - two games! These wiikly votes have been like a pendulum for me - last week I really had to think but this week it's been all too easy. I suppose I like my genres...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptyTue 9 Apr 2013 - 16:44

My vote's will be sent tomorrow. NMH to me is a hack n slash which i gather comes under action, also some compared shenmue with NMH there like the same. Shenmue is a action RPG, also I've got idea for a category wiimakes/ports (mainly so i can vote for resident evil remake).
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptyTue 9 Apr 2013 - 16:49

Unless anyone tells me otherwise, NMH is adventure while NMH2 is fighter. I've updated the OP to reflect this. And ports are allowed: obviously RE4 was permitted, and even New Play Control Mario Power Tennis was legal last week. So I suppose the other Resis would be adventures as well? I understand that RE4 is the most "shooty" of the bunch.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptyTue 9 Apr 2013 - 16:55

Resident Evil 4 isn't a shooter and yes i gave it number 1 shooter as it had to go into that genre. That now makes my adventure category harder if i can vote for RE:make.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptyTue 9 Apr 2013 - 19:23

Oh by the way thought I'd clarify things a wee bit I didn't think it was only unfair to the sports category being lumped in with minigame compilations, it was also unfair to the mini-games I would've liked to have voted for but couldn't due to how much I enjoy sport.

....but aye what's done is done.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptyTue 9 Apr 2013 - 19:27

Had we but world enough and time... and a time machine. I'd probably have chucked minigames in with rhythm games in that case. Something would have lost out. (No I will not budge from ten weeks; 10 is the basis of our numerical system goddamnit! Hissy fit )

Six votes so far, including me! Including two lots of 5 games, and one lot of 1. That's still good, though! Better than week 1, when four people voted for MKWii only.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptyTue 9 Apr 2013 - 20:17

Votes sent, are we going to do or have an overall top 5 or 10 wii games after the 10 weeks of genre's.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptyTue 9 Apr 2013 - 20:48

masofdas wrote:
Votes sent, are we going to do or have an overall top 5 or 10 wii games after the 10 weeks of genre's.

I really like the idea of a top 10 of all Wii games after we've picked our favourites from each genre.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptyTue 9 Apr 2013 - 21:11

Eh, we'll see. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptyTue 9 Apr 2013 - 21:27

Phillips wrote:
Who said Wii Sports was dull? You sad bastard.

*raises hand*

That was me, and I stand by that statement. It still made my list, though (albeit due to a lack of games I've played in this genre); Wii Sports Resort simply did it better.

I've just caught up with the last results. Seems like most people had the same games in mind, though for some reason I completely forgot about Mario Strikers Charged. I quite enjoyed what I played of it, though I had more experience of its GameCube older sibling.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptyWed 10 Apr 2013 - 0:31

Stu_the_great wrote:
Phillips wrote:
Who said Wii Sports was dull? You sad bastard.

*raises hand*

That was me, and I stand by that statement. It still made my list, though (albeit due to a lack of games I've played in this genre); Wii Sports Resort simply did it better.

I'm disappointed! I was the guy who said it represented the greatest days of my gaming life. Me and my mates played Wii Sports so much that it was nigh-on abuse. Never mind the likes of Super Mario 64, Street Fighter II and DOOM; Wii Sports should rank alongside the likes of Pong, Space Invaders and Hogs of War in terms of videogaming importance.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptyWed 10 Apr 2013 - 4:18

The fact it got my whole family - most of them having just passed off video gaming as not worth their time - crowded round the TV eager for a go on the Wii speaks volumes to me.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptyWed 10 Apr 2013 - 8:58

I think it was a nice bridge game, it was the first game that got my family into family wii games, but it's not that great a game so we moved on to loads of different and better games. Hell I had my mum playing Fire Emblem and Trauma Centre the other day. I think that whilst an important step it doesn't deserve to be rated very highly as it just isn't that good.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptyWed 10 Apr 2013 - 12:39

In terms of what gaming was and could be, Wii Sports is definitely a landmark title for me. As a long-term single-player gaming experience, there is not much there, no. And the baseball is still poop.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptyWed 10 Apr 2013 - 16:18

I think "mediocre game, good experience" just about sums it up for me. Plus, although I can agree that the baseball is dung, there was still a huge amount of pleasure in having two teams of Miis facing off against each other. Apart from that one Pro Evo (where it was an unlockable and I didn't stick with it for long enough to unlock), I don't think there's another game which pits more than three Miis against each other. I'm still hoping that Nintendo release Wii U Team Sports so that Dictators FC can go up against Skyloft United for the title.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2013 - 22:32

Phillips wrote:
I'm disappointed! I was the guy who said it represented the greatest days of my gaming life. Me and my mates played Wii Sports so much that it was nigh-on abuse. Never mind the likes of Super Mario 64, Street Fighter II and DOOM; Wii Sports should rank alongside the likes of Pong, Space Invaders and Hogs of War in terms of videogaming importance.

I appreciate what it did for gaming, I just didn't personally rate it myself. Having extremely limited access to other players is one of my biggest reasons; it just didn't have a leg to stand on for the primarily solo gamer (not that it was supposed to).

I'm really struggling this week. Though I love it, I (and others) regard Punch-Out!! as a puzzle game dressed up in a deceiving set of clothes. If it gives me something to vote for, though: it's in. I'll also be voting for Brawl*.

*even though it's the most overrated game in the history of the universe that's not The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptySat 13 Apr 2013 - 22:19

Slightly less than two days to go. Dance A couple of people still to vote...

EDIT: We currently have a tie for second place, with less than a day to go. It's very exciting. One more vote could make all the difference!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptySun 14 Apr 2013 - 13:03

Double post, yes yes. Something for this lovely sunny afternoon: week six's theme will be platform games! It's a big one all right. Possibly the best genre on the Wii? Who can say? (Well, you can, here, if you want to.) This round of voting will close at 1800 21st April. You can still vote for fighting games and potentially break the second-place tie until 1800 tonight, of course.

There aren't many controversial games this/next week, unless anyone disagrees with Cave Story being saved for adventure. The only one I can think of is Monkey Ball Banana Blitz. We've assessed that it's not a minigame collection, but so far we've had one person calling platform and one calling puzzler (I think). Opinions and votes welcome, as always. Smile

EDIT: And Bit.Trip Runner! Is that platformer or rhythm? Again, I haven't played it.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptySun 14 Apr 2013 - 14:17

Bit Trip Runner is a platformer, the music just builds and has no impact on the gameplay.
I really don't see how SMB:BB can be a platformer when the jump is barely used.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptySun 14 Apr 2013 - 14:20

Still waiting for someone to show me a puzzle in a Super Monkey Ball game. Now waiting for some tosser to inevitably not be able to tell if something like FIFA 13 is a platformer or not.

Best genre on Wii, if you ask me. A top ten would be near-impossible for me, so I don't know how I'll get on with a top five. Give it a bash, natch.

EDIT: Bloody hell, andyman.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptySun 14 Apr 2013 - 17:09

Okay, having watched some YouTube videos of the two titles in question, my thoughts are that Monkey Ball is definitely a platformer, and Bit Trip is rhythm.
Watch this and tell me the music doesn't play a role in cuing you when to press the jump button.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptySun 14 Apr 2013 - 17:39

Thanks for the research Jay! What I think more than anything is that I agree with Castle on BTR. Apart from that, it seems like a Harmoknight-esque combination of rhythm and platform, which I'd probably slot into rhythm by default, especially given that platformer is a difficult enough choice as is. Happy to call SMBBB a platformer, unless Andy can rally the troops!

Anyway, remember week 5? That one with all the fighty games? It's over! (Well near as damn it, and no one else is online for a last-minute vote.) 11 people voted: slightly lower than previous weeks, but then this is a bad week for the Wii. That's not to say that there weren't some good games voted for...

Fifth place:
Spoiler:

Fourth place:
Spoiler:

Joint second place:
Spoiler:

The second second place:
Spoiler:

Our Wiikly Winner:
Spoiler:

Honourable Mentions:
Spoiler:

Dishonourable Mentions:
Spoiler:

That's the second-worst week over, in my opinion. Hooray! Now back to arguing about jump buttons.

Last edited by Balladeer on Sat 11 May 2013 - 11:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptySun 14 Apr 2013 - 18:14

An expected win for Brawl. There really couldn't be another, could there? I need to play Tatsunoko vs Capcom at some point, looks right up my alley.

On another note:

Balladeer wrote:
Wrestling: "because it's rubbish."

BOO THIS MAN. DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptySun 14 Apr 2013 - 18:39

The winner is
Spoiler:
Who'da thunk it? Oh, all of us. Right. Winky Face

Now to spend ages working out my mentions, honourable and... otherwise (*sideways glance at Mega Man 9*) for Week 6, which I've been waiting for since time began. Lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!
Page 10 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 27  Next