We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!

Go down 
+17
ZeroSuitSamus2
Athrun888
nupkin
fronkhead
Silver light
2becomecarrion
Treesmurf
Jimbob
JayMoyles
Vidofnir
ZeroJones
masofdas
Admin
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptySun 12 May 2013 - 22:10

There is also some weirdos on GNamer & I don't see Prime making the top five anyway.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptySun 12 May 2013 - 22:13

Surely if you're excluding then we should have a recount of todays minus Pikmin Winky Face
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptyMon 13 May 2013 - 2:18

Metroid might place. I've given it a really high ranking.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptyMon 13 May 2013 - 7:03

andyman949 wrote:
Surely if you're excluding then we should have a recount of todays minus Pikmin Winky Face

This is the flip side of the argument: we've allowed GC ports so far. Meh I am currently leaning towards Jaster's viewpoint, despite this, unless anyone has any serious objection (apart from certain derp people of course).

The alternative is that I consider the votes for 3 and Trilogy separately and together...
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptyMon 13 May 2013 - 10:48

I think it deserves to be there on its own merits. It has those cool little achievements, it has its reworked control system making them feel significantly different to the originals and it is a wii game. You wouldn't block Metal Slug Anthology because it was made up of multiple games so I don't think you should shut out Trilogy.

The best bet to me though is to count both with and without, it might not get any votes/game changing votes at least after all.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptyMon 13 May 2013 - 13:00

Righto, I've got to admit that I'm struggling this week. There's plenty of popular adventure games out on multiple platforms (such as GTA, Shenmue, Metal Gear Solid, Devil May Cry, Onimusha, Assassin's Creed and Silent Hill), but my issue is that there's simply not that many on Wii that I'd like to vote for this week. Off the top of my head, I can think of three.

I think it's possible that we'd all benefit from referring to this as a guide for how to vote this week: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action-adventure_game

'Action Adventure' allows for a bit more scope, methinks.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptyMon 13 May 2013 - 13:09

I used this.

Click sort by once you've exhausted action-adventure and click sort by adventure.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptyMon 13 May 2013 - 13:21

I thought PoP was a platformer? But I'm fine with action-adventure (looking at the Wiki definitions, it seems to be what I've used anyway!), so long as we don't retrace old ground. Much though I'd like Muramasa to get another chance... (It was plonked in RPGs because of lack of an "action" category, because it's not really that RPG-ish.)

Still confused about Metroid. My choices at the moment seem to be:
  • Exclude Trilogy entirely. This restricts to Wii-only games, but is inconsistent with previous weeks that have included ports. (Proponent: Jaster.)
  • Allow both, and combine the results. Problems (and recounting) arise if people include both in their votes: I could ask for people not to do this? (Proponent: Andyman.)
  • Include all three games separately. I don't feel I can really do this: on the Wii, they come on one disc. Unless people disagree? (Proponent: Zero Jones.)
  • Include both options, but count a vote for Trilogy as pertaining to 1 & 2 only. A combination of JZ's and Andyman's suggestions, this, but it seems a bit silly. (Proponent: no one. Just throwing it out there.)

Confused
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptyMon 13 May 2013 - 14:20

Only people to vote for one of the two - if you're voting for Trilogy, you're not voting for Prime 3 again. Vice versa too, obviously.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptyMon 13 May 2013 - 18:00

Okay, that's what's happening unless someone strongly protests that they want to include both. Updating the OP now!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptyMon 13 May 2013 - 21:14

A thing about LKS: Do you remember the music video in the theatre? I bought Bittersweet by Swimmingpoo1 off iTunes because of that.

'Ventures you say? It's a rare week where I have to limit it to 5...
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptyFri 17 May 2013 - 12:04

ZeroJones? VotedJones, more like!

We need a tumbleweed emoticon. Can someone look into that? Grin Thanks to JayMoyles's link, which reminded me of a game that otherwise I would not have voted in. Cheers!

Also, I know that my 'split Metroid Prime Trilogy into its three component games' position was indefensible. I just thought I'd throw it in there. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptyFri 17 May 2013 - 12:15

Wahey! Thanks ZJ. That puts you out of the GNamer Sweepstake For Who'll Forget Their Votes This Week. Currently a close call between Stu and Jaster, with Andyman an outside bet. (Andyman is odds-on favourite as last submission before the deadline though.)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptyFri 17 May 2013 - 18:40

When have I ever forgotten to vote?

Oh.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptyFri 17 May 2013 - 20:05

Blame the amount of games I have on the go for my lack of putting in votes, I need to write up a list on Saturday then make a top 5 from that.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 8:38

Last day of the last week! I'm expecting three more votes in today: I've given up hope that anyone from "outside" the regular voters will join in. Fortunately, that circle contains many of the most prolific posters. Smile

I suppose I should take this opportunity to thank those of you who have kept voting, including anyone who missed a few weeks. This thread wouldn't have been half as good without the votes of everyone who voted! (Okay this is a silly thing to say, but hopefully you understand what I mean.) Not to mention the dishonourable mentions.

Last edited by Balladeer on Sun 19 May 2013 - 14:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 10:02

As mentioned in my vote PM, it's been great to read everyone's rants, and it's also been an excellent reason to visit the forum on a Sunday evening. Sunday really is our best day here. Grin
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 18:01

Results will be up when I've tallied Andyman's deliberately last-minute votes!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 18:02

Whistle
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 18:07

Let's end this.

Twelve votes this week, most of which were a full selection of 5. No surprise, in my mind, as I think this is the best genre on the Wii, narrowly beating out RPGs and platformers. We had some interesting games mentioned, a few of which were arguably RPGs, platformers, puzzle or even "other"; but they were generally dishonourable and "adventure" isn't defined on Wikipedia in the way I understood it (which was more "action adventure"), so who cares? Whee! Oh: and I'm including the two Wii Prime games as one.

Sixth place:
Spoiler:

Fifth place:
Spoiler:

Fourth place:
Spoiler:

Third place:
Spoiler:

Second place:
Spoiler:

Our Wiikly Winner:
Spoiler:

Honourable Mentions:
Spoiler:

Dishonourable Mentions:
Spoiler:

Show's over, gents. Thanks for voting!

Okay, even if the thread title hadn't changed that would still be an obvious lie. Week 11 is everything. The same as the last few weeks in that you PM me your votes and the deadline is on Sunday; but you get ten votes and everything on the Wii (retail or WiiWare, not VC), previously voted for or not, is eligible. Hopefully the last ten weeks will make this a bit easier. If your comment stock isn't exhausted by now, feel free to comment again; and if you have any real stinkers you'd like to draw attention to, the worst of the worst on Wii, you can dishonourably mention those again. (Lost in Blue: Shipwrecked, maybe?) Tell your friends, tell your not-so-friends, tell the Twittersphere: I'd love it if this were the highest-voted and most GNamer-representative week yet!

Last edited by Balladeer on Sun 19 May 2013 - 20:55; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 18:18

Brilliant week! Hydroventure was robbed though! So many games I didn't even think of that are mentioned so this must've been a great catagory.
Also Pheonix Wright in Adventure? What?!
Not sure how I can even make my votes later next week now... I blew it this week Sad
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 18:41

Good to see Okami and Skyward Sword flying so high in the rankings! Fine Wii games, both. A shame No More Heroes slipped out of my mind when it came to voting... Embarrassed Week 11 intrigues me... I'll get my voting hat on!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 18:52

Whoever voted for Other M deserves a punt in the arse. Good voting for the top 5 6 though!

Everything? Welp, here goes nothing!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 18:56

andyman949 wrote:
Also Pheonix Wright in Adventure? What?!
Not sure how I can even make my votes later next week now... I blew it this week Sad

I thought that about PW, but going by the strict Wikipedia definition of "Adventure" it counts and nobody else was going to vote for it anyway, so eh. Also, when you say you blew it, are we talking games, effort or what? You are allowed (and indeed encouraged) to vote for games you've voted for already! It would be a bit hard otherwise...
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 18:57

A quick look at my previous votes and at my collection illustrates that I could prepare a top fourteen. Seven of those games are absolutely bolted on, but I'll need to go away and think about which three to include and which four to forget for week eleven. Good stuff for week ten!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!
Page 18 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 27  Next