We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!

Go down 
+17
ZeroSuitSamus2
Athrun888
nupkin
fronkhead
Silver light
2becomecarrion
Treesmurf
Jimbob
JayMoyles
Vidofnir
ZeroJones
masofdas
Admin
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 20:34

masofdas wrote:
I've not played runner but someone said it like harmoknight to me thats a rhythm based game not a platfomer, but what do i know i wanted to vote for a lego game in platformers but balla wouldn't let me he says it's adventure,
To be fair, Lego games are far more about exploring and using skills or solving puzzles to open up new areas than they are about jumping - if Cave Story has gone in as an adventure game, then the Lego games must be adventure games too.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 21:00

Plus the occaisional platformy moments are a pain in the arse in lego games.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 21:09

LEGO games are surely adventure games. You're usually restricted to a pretty large playing field at any one time.

I freakin' hate it when you destroy something in a shower of LEGO bricks, only for them all to go cascading over the plateau you're standing on into some awkward-to-reach pit, after which they all flicker and disappear. DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 21:12

Stu_the_great wrote:
I freakin' hate it when you destroy something in a shower of LEGO bricks, only for them all to go cascading over the plateau you're standing on into some awkward-to-reach pit, after which they all flicker and disappear. DAMN YOU!
Agreed - some of the design of Lego levels is pretty cruddy from that perspective. There's little worse than being just short of their 100% total because too many studs were inaccessible. Duh!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 21:22

andyman949 wrote:
I have played Runner with the sound off and performed just as well XD I listen to the sound as I like Bit Trips music.

Why would anyone play Runner with the sound off? Razz
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 21:33

Stu_the_great wrote:
andyman949 wrote:
I have played Runner with the sound off and performed just as well XD I listen to the sound as I like Bit Trips music.

...Why would anyone play Runner...?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 22:13

Phillips wrote:
Stu_the_great wrote:
andyman949 wrote:

...Why would anyone play Runner...?

...Why would anyone...?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 22:16

I just went on it quickly whilst waiting for dinner at home, if I was strapping in for a proper session of course I'd hit the sound. (Though in general I don't get the love for videogame music and would happily have the sound off in a Mario or Zelda game.) I also used to play Guitar Hero with the sound off because I didn't like the songs so perhaps I'm not the most reliable judge still.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 0:35

Like I said........weirdo Razz
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 10:06

2becomecarrion wrote:
What about the recent Wiiware title
'La Maluna'

I havent finished it yet but it seems
very Metrovania Sidescrolling with platforming but also is definitely an adventure game

does it get pigeon holed as adventure or sidescrolling platformer ?

Any more thoughts on this? (And it's not pigeonholing - it's "carefully and lovingly deciding where to place it". Razz ) If nobody else says they've played it, I'll let 2bc decide. For what it's worth, Wiki calls it both, but platform game comes first.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 10:23

I'm still saying lego is a platformer, i've been playing skylanders on wiiu and thats got big levels etc and i bet everyone says thats a platformer. An adventure game to me is zelda, tomb raider, devil may cry etc not lego. well unless it's lego city that could be a adventure game.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 10:31

Balladeer wrote:
2becomecarrion wrote:
What about the recent Wiiware title
'La Maluna'

I havent finished it yet but it seems
very Metrovania Sidescrolling with platforming but also is definitely an adventure game

does it get pigeon holed as adventure or sidescrolling platformer ?

Any more thoughts on this? (And it's not pigeonholing - it's "carefully and lovingly deciding where to place it". Razz ) If nobody else says they've played it, I'll let 2bc decide. For what it's worth, Wiki calls it both, but platform game comes first.

I've played it, definitely say its an adventure game as the progress is like 2d Metroid & you even gain new items so you can further explore the tombs.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 16:15

Skylanders is not a platformer, it has no jump button, you walk around and fight therefore it's either and adventure or a fighter. No way in hell is it a platformer. (I have only played Spyro's Adventure though so if they changed it in Giants I apologise)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2013 - 7:58

Nothing more on La-Mulana? I'm going to have to arbitrate... And I'm arbitrating adventure. Metroidvania is adventure to me.

Thanks to our six non-me voters so far. This is the first time that this many people have given me full votes! (Sports/minigame week had one slate with four in.) NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH PARTIAL VOTES, you understand. One vote is better than none!

Last edited by Balladeer on Fri 19 Apr 2013 - 19:48; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Ahem.)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2013 - 11:31

Balladeer wrote:
Nothing more on La-Mulana? I'm going to have to arbitrate... And I'm arbitrating adventure. Metroidvania is adventure to me.

La-Mulana is whole-hardheartedly an adventure game. There's puzzles in the freeware version that had me stuck for ages, and it's very much in the same vein as a Metroidvania. So, um, good arbitrating Balla!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2013 - 21:58

andyman949 wrote:
Skylanders is not a platformer, it has no jump button, you walk around and fight therefore it's either and adventure or a fighter. No way in hell is it a platformer. (I have only played Spyro's Adventure though so if they changed it in Giants I apologise)

This. The 3DS versions are more like platformers, though they seem even more like frantic beat 'em ups too. I'd call Skylanders an adventure game (though some even call it dungeon crawling, but I disagree with that classification).

What about Epic Mickey? I say it's an adventure game. I really need to vote for this, so I don't want to miss the correct chance to do so.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptySat 20 Apr 2013 - 8:03

If nobody else has given a view by the time you log on to make your votes, I'm going to say choose which you feel is best.

Last two days of voting! Still waiting for some of the big guns, including Stu obviously. Get your votes in early if there are any possible uncertainties! (Plus it makes my life easier, given that I write the results post up in advance.)
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptySat 20 Apr 2013 - 9:59

Troll wrote:
You see... what you should've done is produced a list of every singe Wii and Wiiware game ever released in any region, including shovelware and abandonware, and then spent the time dividing them into the 10 categories. If you don't have the time to do that, then shame on you. Nah nah!

Having read the comments... I think my adventure week votes will have to be whittled down from about 20!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptySat 20 Apr 2013 - 11:55

Epic Mickey is a tough one. It's very very pltformy but it would also suit Adventure just as well. I'd be slightly more tempted to put it in platformer as it reminds me a lot of Galaxy.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptySat 20 Apr 2013 - 12:23

Epic Mickey is more platform than adventure for me, too.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptySat 20 Apr 2013 - 13:41

There you go, I suppose?

By the way, And Yet It Moves is being classed as a platform game, in line with the first sentence of the Wiki article NOT referring to disambiguation.

Troll wrote:
You see... what you should've done is produced a list of every singe Wii and Wiiware game ever released in any region, including shovelware and abandonware, and then spent the time dividing them into the 10 categories. If you don't have the time to do that, then shame on you. Nah nah!

Of course! It's all so obvious now. Duh! Although really I should have made 20 categories, at least. Platform-adventure, adventure-platform, platform-rhythm, platform-puzzle with rolling monkeys...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptySat 20 Apr 2013 - 20:49

Balladeer wrote:
platform-puzzle with rolling monkeys...

My personal favourite genre.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptySat 20 Apr 2013 - 22:00

If everyone wants to make Mickey a platformer, then so be it. Expect my votes shortly.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 15:05

Got all the votes I expect for this week (happy to accept any others though!), so I may as well say now that next week will be Puzzle games, deadline 1800 28th April. I don't think there are many complications with this one: the Another Code game is, Monkey Ball is not, and anything which contains puzzles as part of a wider experience probably isn't either.

There is one, of course: Smooth Moves was brought up by Phillips as a puzzler. What do other people think? Is it a puzzler, and (separate question) is it more a puzzler than a minigame game?

Last edited by Balladeer on Sun 21 Apr 2013 - 16:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 15:20

I don't see how it can be a puzzler if Monkey Ball isn't. It's a similar test your reflexes kind of game to me. I'm happy with it in minigames.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!
Page 12 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 27  Next