We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?

Go down 
+34
Raxicori
EofGizmo
Muss
OrangeRakoon
DarrenK
Fastpie
kitsuneyo
Zaphod_B
Rum
Bampi
Cube
Athrun888
nupkin
oldschool
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
beemoh
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
Vidofnir
Sentinator
Crumpy Andy
mandlecreed
fronkhead
shanks
wenywoowoo
NintenDUCK
Solve My Maze
Dusty Knackers
Axis1500
Admin
Balladeer
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 33 EmptyFri 27 Dec 2019 - 19:09

Yep, all I want is new Zelda games is to keep things as fresh as possible & as much as I love BotW I hope the upcoming sequel does something completely different as well.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 33 EmptySat 28 Dec 2019 - 18:27

Yeah - I loved it but could do 200 almost-similar hours. But I trust them to have a think about it.
And I would have to say that Twilight Princess has jumped down a couple of steps in my "what is the best game" list of best games.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 33 EmptySun 29 Dec 2019 - 13:44

It only jumped down for me after BotW came out and was far and away the best Zelda. It's still in my top ten. That said, I have poked it down to sixth following this discussion. Ghost Trick is short but almost perfect.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 33 EmptySun 29 Dec 2019 - 17:47

The_Jaster wrote:
Also, I'm not saying that Link's awakening is bad just that returning to the old formula feels a tad boring for me after playing something as magical as BotW.

Yeah, I agree with this. Link's Awakening has a lot going for it and the classic Zelda formula is still fun to play, but I think that personally the BotW style has ruined me somewhat for classic Zelda games. The freshness, the magic as Jas put it, of BotW still holds true even 2 and half years from its release. Smurf tweeted out about that trailer for BotW (the one with Zelda crying, all the action scenes, you know the one) and I still had chills watching it and if I didn't have eleventy billion other games to be playing, I'd have been firing up the Switch to explore the wilds as Link once again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 33 EmptyMon 30 Dec 2019 - 7:36

I really think the two recipes are different enough to serve different purposes. That's why I banged on about BotW being 'not a Zelda game' in this.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 33 EmptyMon 30 Dec 2019 - 10:16

Just will what I want from a Zelda or will it just be remakes, is the question.
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 33 EmptySun 5 Jan 2020 - 18:42

I'm curious if anyone has any Wii or Wii U backlog plans for 2020 or has everyone put them in a cupboard permanently now?

I personally still want to get around to finishing Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Xenoblade X this year if possible!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 33 EmptySun 5 Jan 2020 - 18:49

On WiiU it's only really Paper Mario and Tokyo Mirage Sessions that I really want to play.

Wii much more like Super Mario Galaxy as I pretty much missed that console.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 33 EmptySun 5 Jan 2020 - 18:59

If I move into a bigger place next year I might take my Wii U back with me the next time I go to Somerset... If only to play F-Zero GX again. Falcon Punch
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 33 EmptySun 5 Jan 2020 - 19:47

Oh my backlog stretches generations back. For Wii U I still plan on playing Xenoblade X, Pikmin 3 and Tropical Freeze at some point. Bayonetta 2 is a big maybe. Aware two of these are on Switch but would be fine with the Wii U versions.

For Wii: Disaster Day of Crisis, DKC Returns and maybe Xenoblade Chronicles (or I'll just get the remake)

Also still slowly getting through Twilight Princess HD. Arrived at the Sky temple since I last mentioned it and will probably finish that off at some point.

And that's not counting stuff I've been replaying or have thought about replaying.
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 33 EmptySun 5 Jan 2020 - 20:00

Niiiiiiice i keep meaning to go back through DKC TF and Twilight HD myself!

The backlogs are never ending 😅
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 33 EmptySun 5 Jan 2020 - 20:29

Muss wrote:
If I move into a bigger place next year I might take my Wii U back with me the next time I go to Somerset... If only to play F-Zero GX again. Falcon Punch

You got me excited that Cube games were on the WiiU then
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 33 EmptySun 5 Jan 2020 - 22:15

Haha, I meant Wii. I'm pretty sure my mum threw out the only memory card I had though.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 33 EmptySun 5 Jan 2020 - 22:58

EofGizmo wrote:
I'm curious if anyone has any Wii or Wii U backlog plans for 2020 or has everyone put them in a cupboard permanently now?

I'm working my way through Wii games this year. The three I'd like to polish off are Skyward Sword, Metroid Prime 3 and Xenoblade Chronicles. I'd quite like to give Resident Evil 4 another bash, to see if it still holds up FIFTEEN years later.
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 33 EmptySun 5 Jan 2020 - 23:03

That's cool man! The Wii has always been my blindspot when it comes to Nintendo so I've missed out on Skyward Sword, Mario galaxy, etc. Another joy of the Wii U is its backwards compatibility i guess! 😁
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 33 EmptySun 5 Jan 2020 - 23:25

EofGizmo wrote:
That's cool man! The Wii has always been my blindspot when it comes to Nintendo so I've missed out on Skyward Sword, Mario galaxy, etc. Another joy of the Wii U is its backwards compatibility i guess! 😁

I think a lot of gamers played bits of the Wii - I had one in 2010 and played Wii Sports, but it wasn't until 2012 that I started playing it properly. Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess are now two of my favourite games and I reckon there's some incredible experiences still to play through. The Wii could well end up my favourite system given it has better versions of my favourite GameCube games (Pikmin 2, Resi 4) and there's still a few Virtual Console titles sat on there unfinished (Super Metroid, Chrono Trigger, Ocarina of Time).
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 33 EmptyMon 6 Jan 2020 - 17:39

This definitely resonates with my experience. Played it a lot at Drunkas, but otherwise it was a family machine so I never got my hands on Zelda or Galaxy at the time. Ended up playing galaxy much later.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 33 EmptyMon 6 Jan 2020 - 20:02

I think this is the first generation when I've found myself struggling to play all the games I've wanted, for reasons that summarise to 'I'm picky' and 'Nintendonly release schedules weren't all that packed before the eShop'. As such I don't have a massive old console backlog, with the exception of Tokyo Mirage Sessions which won't be in there for much longer. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 33 EmptyWed 8 Jan 2020 - 12:52

Going to dust off my Wii U for this Winky Face

On a more serious note, I did update (might make a Nontendo version of the Switch one) My Backloggery the other day where I somehow playing 20 odd games as I was in a twitter chat and was brought up like what you playing on GameCube and with owning a lot of systems means I got a lot on the go.

Looking at my Nintendo stuff (Feel this is the best place to talk about all of Nintendo now that isn't Switch), I'm looking at a few games to be the game I am actively playing on GameCube, Wii, Wii U etc

3DS
From my downloads, I've got a few due to the humble bundle a few years ago and stuff like Animal Crossing which would be a new game due to 3DS transfers etc but really I feel it comes down to

Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tal
Liberation Maiden
Shin Megami Tensei IV, I feel I should play an SMT game because of Persona but Apocalypse might be better

Physical
Monster Hunter Stories, I feel out of all the games this is the one I may start soon and may look to see if I missed anything else such as Ever Oasis, Fantasy Life on 3DS and pick up if cheap in a CEX or what not

GameCube
Baten Kaitos, never played it
Lost Kingdom I or II, played bits of them before and I think I can jump straight to number 2
Pokémon XD, never played as missed when it was new and never had time to go back since
Skies of Arcadia Legends, I really should have played this by now because it's on Dreamcast as well

Wii
This is the console out of them I've got the most unplayed due to what few have said above, anyway I'm looking at these from what I own

Another Code: R
Disaster: Day of Crisis
Metroid: Other M, I still feel I will like this
Super Mario Galaxy or 2, I guess play the SMG first
Super Paper Mario
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
Wario Land: The Shake Dimension
Zack & Wiki

Wii U

A bunch of stuff from the VC
Fire Emblem
Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon
Fire Emblem Sacred Stones
Golden Sun
Metroid Fusion
Super Mario RPG

Not much from the downloads though even though I own 33 games, nothing jumps out part from
Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth

Physical
Devil's Third, just to see how bad it actually is
Twilight Princess HD, this I did start and could go back to it
Paper Mario: Color Splash, I've started this as well
Splatoon, I never played the single-player
Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE, the most likely as I've started it and I'm gathering some chat will happen soon due to the port
Xenoblade Chronicles X, the least likely but willing to give it another bash

Overall
A lot of stuff still from my game collection just on Nintendo systems and I do have more but these are the ones that do stand out from the others, any thoughts on them would be great
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 33 EmptyWed 8 Jan 2020 - 14:19

Monster Hunter Stories and Ever Oasis are two of the best 3DS games in my opinion so yes you are missing out Winky Face

Skies of Arcadia probably is my favourite JRPG of all time, you should definitely play Legends over the Dreamcast original

Devil's Third is actually not awful! I thought the online was actually excellent, as well as innovative and unique. The singleplayer is substantially lacking in polish but again has some really unique level design.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 33 EmptyWed 8 Jan 2020 - 14:28

I'll keep my out for Ever Oasis then, I know Balla likes it

Skies if I remember has better sound and something else on Dreamcast still, be easier to play on Cube plus I would use my Wii meaning it look good with the HDMI adapter
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 33 EmptyWed 8 Jan 2020 - 15:09

Yeah the music quality is better on Dreamcast, but it's still fine on GC. Dreamcast version also uses the VMU for some collectibles/secrets, GC replaces it with rumble when you are close.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 33 EmptyWed 8 Jan 2020 - 15:15

I've got a wavebird, that rumble will be lost on me
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 33 EmptyWed 8 Jan 2020 - 19:35

Regarding MHS, only one question really matters: are you a MonHun fan? I'm a JRPG fan and didn't like it, finding it mediocre in basically every area; Jas is a JRPG non-fan and liked it; OR likes both and liked it. I don't know how much you've hunted monsters in the past, Mas: you certainly don't talk about them as much as some on here. If the answer's not much then I would give it a berth. I would also give Chronicles X a berth: you've tried XC1 and didn't like it, and XCX is worse.

I'd recommend Ever Oasis to most people, it's lovely. The Galaxies are obviously great. Super Paper Mario is a fun weird thing, and if you can sit through the irritants I think you (as a story-focussed gamer) will have a good time. Super Mario RPG is better though IMO.

I loved Pokémon XD back in the day, simply loved it... but the Pokémon series marches on apace, and I don't know that XD will have kept up. Aww!

That's all the games there I can talk about. Enjoy whatever you play, anyway!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 33 EmptyWed 8 Jan 2020 - 19:45

I don't mind MonHan but not a huge fan, just it looked like the monsters looked neat in Stories. Yet thinking about it I should just get Fire Emblem Echoes as it's cheap and will certainly like it, maybe Conquest I can't remember if I played it or not.

Last edited by masofdas on Wed 8 Jan 2020 - 19:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 33 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?
Page 33 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 39  Next