We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wrestling Discussion Thread

Go down 
+17
JayMoyles
rlsniper789
ShadoWolf
AGuy
Snake14691
Slazo
masofdas
Treesmurf
Tokyo_Sonata
Solve My Maze
ScottGamer17
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Kyranitar
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Dusty Knackers
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013 - 22:46

JayMoyles wrote:
I bet you he'll be dressed up as a fucking bull.
It would be a waste if he wasn't dressed as a bull. As Phillips said, this could take-off big time, I'm sure people will like it in an ironic way.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013 - 23:06

I know it'll probably gather some steam, it just seems like a return to those awful early 90s gimmicks that the WWE doesn't need to rely on anymore.

I mean seriously guys, remember this?

Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 17 Gooker2_display_image

Not writing Los Matadores off - Primo and Epico are solid wrestlers who deserve a shot, and hell, if an undead mortician and his immortal gravedigger alongside his burned demonic stepbrother can get over, don't see why these guys couldn't.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptyFri 23 Aug 2013 - 0:08

This is great this: Kane and Big Show decide to have a go at being technical wrestlers and try some chain wrestling for 4 minutes. Crowd predictably shits on it and they finish up, but it's interesting to see two big brawlers try their hand at something different.

Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptyFri 23 Aug 2013 - 0:44

Ah, that match takes me back to the days of Mitsuharu Misawa and Toshiaki Kawada battling over the Triple Crown in the Dome in '94.

What was that May 19th bollocks all about in the end? I remember they had Festus saunter out in an Early Learning Center Kane outfit and wrestle him a few times. Christ, Kane has had some crap feuds. The Wyatt one he's having the now is fine; the one's he had with that fake Kane, Snitsky, The Great Khali and even last year with John Cena were not.

~

I've heard that TNA have yet to lock AJ Styles down to a new contract, and that his current one has a month to run. Before we even begin to ask where he'll end up, you've got to say that that's downright shady on TNA's part. He's their Sting. WWE wouldn't let The Undertaker's contract dwindle down. Boo-urns, TNA.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptyFri 23 Aug 2013 - 0:50

It's just rare and refreshing to see some chain wrestling, especially in the WWE and even more so with two giants like Kane and Big Show. Always brings a smile to my face when Cena busts out some proper wrestling after he gets the "YOU CAN'T WRESTLE" chants.
Wasn't the May 19th stuff basically a promo for that crap movie Kane was in?

Yeah, do you reckon the WWE would snap him up if given the chance? I mean, it's unlikely, and correct me if I'm wrong, my knowledge of TNA is ridiculously limited, but isn't he involved in a main event feud right now over there? Also, am I right in saying that TNA didn't resign Bobby Roode until the night of a PPV he was wrestling in recently?
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptyFri 23 Aug 2013 - 2:10

There was a brief spell of big men chain wrestling in WWE a few years back, seemed like it was okay for big men who weren't very good at it to do it, but not for smaller men who were great at it - go figure, as they say.

May 19 was all hype for See No Evil, Vladamir Kozlov was dressing up as the fake Kane before Festus had a crack at it. The big pay-off to the angle was Kane showing up on Smackdown and battering Rey Mysterio.

RE: AJ Styles. There's a guy I wish WWE had signed when he was younger (him and Samoa Joe), think they could have done some great things with both. Not that Styles' TNA career hasn't been decent, but, y'know, it's only TNA.

You're right, Jay, Robert Roode didn't sign a contract with TNA until the day of a pay-per-view which he was wrestling on.

Not watched much Japanese wrestling in my life for whatever reason, but I saw this the other day after seeing it talked about on Twitter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7XNWEmyZLo Not sure how it ranks compared to other matches, but I enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptyFri 23 Aug 2013 - 17:55

What's with all the TNA i don't want to say hate but not good talk.

I don't get wrestling fans that don't watch TNA, I watch it as I like wrestling. So why not watch it baffles me. I get it back years ago when WWF & WCW was on at the same time, so you could only really only watch one or other.

Problem with TNA at the moment isn't the wrestling it's there decisions that's killing them, Hogan and Bishoff bring nothing apart from silly things like taking TNA on the road, they let good wrestler's go as they can't afford them, when we all believe sting is going, so just release him now and use his wages on young talent.

Can't see AJ going, he'll get a push like with beer money there contracts were running down with rumors of them going to WWE then they sign new contracts with both Rhode & Storm then becoming main event guys.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptyFri 23 Aug 2013 - 22:35

How they've treated their performers as of late is the reason a lot of folk are shitting on them. I mean, they kept Brooke Hogan employed for longer than a lot of men and women who deserve a spot and prove so in the ring.

Oh, and if you've not seen it yet, go watch the Antonio Cesaro vs Sami Zayn (formerly El Generico) 2 out of 3 falls from this week's NXT. Fucking amazing stuff - Zayn will be the best highflyer WWE has ever seen and Cesaro is the strongest motherfucker alive, probably.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptySat 24 Aug 2013 - 1:32

Jays right - get it watched.

Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptySun 25 Aug 2013 - 1:44

Convinced that WWE have another CM Punk or Daniel Bryan on their hands with Sami Zayn, he's just too good. Be great to see him on the main roster before the end of the year, but with no character or gimmick attached to him, can't see it happening yet.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptySun 25 Aug 2013 - 3:51

Daniel Bryan didn't really have a gimmick when he debuted, did he? I think if Zayn plays up his man of many languages thing, acts as sort of a Ryu to Cesaro's Akuma, that'd work.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptySun 25 Aug 2013 - 15:45

JayMoyles wrote:
Daniel Bryan didn't really have a gimmick when he debuted, did he?
No he didn't. Debuting on television with a gimmick or character is something Triple H wants, instead of in the past when they promoted people to TV and they didn't have anything behind them.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptySun 25 Aug 2013 - 22:13

Absolutely love that turnbuckle spot Zayn does (always have since his ROH days) & as for the finish to that match? I just had to rewind it multiple times it was just spectacular, even though I'd love to see Zayn debut as singles wrestler the best route may be to team him up with someone....but who?

My top picks off the top of my head would be Tyson Kidd, Evan Bourne & Kofi Kingston.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptySun 25 Aug 2013 - 22:38

Dusty Knackers wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:
Daniel Bryan didn't really have a gimmick when he debuted, did he?
No he didn't. Debuting on television with a gimmick or character is something Triple H wants, instead of in the past when they promoted people to TV and they didn't have anything behind them.
I like this. If not a human side (i.e. an amplified version of that person themself), I'd like to see more characters on the roster. Despite watching them wrestle for years, I know next to nothing about the likes of Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett and Evan Bourne, yet could tell you much more about Fandango and The Wyatt Family, who debuted in 2013. It's the characters we'll remember.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptySun 25 Aug 2013 - 22:47

Yeah - Cody Rhodes was onto something with his "Dashing" Cody Rhodes gimmick, but that fell by the wayside. Wade Barrett's gimmick is basically "English man who likes to fight with his elbow", although I'm enjoying him as a corporate lackey; if that continues then he could be onto something.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptyMon 26 Aug 2013 - 5:51

JayMoyles wrote:
Yeah - Cody Rhodes was onto something with his "Dashing" Cody Rhodes gimmick, but that fell by the wayside.
I actually prefered when he was doing the whole mask thing & making the crowd in the front seats wear paper bags.

Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 17 Bag-teaser
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptyTue 27 Aug 2013 - 23:14

The face-mask thing was great, but it's definitely a heel gimmick, wouldn't work now.

Happened upon Fandango's former gimmick, which was Mr. Literal. I have no idea why this didn't take off.

Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptyWed 28 Aug 2013 - 21:29

Ted Dibiase left WWE on Monday to spend more time with his family. As we touched on the other day, bet he wishes he was coming through WWE now so he could be the more complete package when debuting on TV. He'll probably be back at some point, but his best years have been wasted.

Former WWE star Chris Masters posted an x-ray of his spine online the other day, this is what ten years in the wrestling business does to someone (not sure how common this is, but worrying if it is)

Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 17 Chris-masters-spine
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptyWed 28 Aug 2013 - 21:38

I think they missed a trick with DiBiase - they could have had him try to run down the ramp to save Daniel Bryan, only for Trips to Pedigree him and kick him to the back. A quick follow-up WWE.com story and a cursory mention by Cole on next week's RAW that he's been fired, and you've added some legitimacy to Triple H's threats. He was leaving anyway.

I can only imagine what a scan of Angle or Austin's neck and spine is like.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptyFri 30 Aug 2013 - 2:16

It's a neat scenario, but it would be weird to put focus on someone who's walking out the door. I think your idea was good though, if there's an opening coming up in TNA's creative department, you have my full support. Winky Face

WWE are having another training camp in a few weeks which will be attended by a bunch of indy guys. Biggest names I hear are attending are Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards. Two very capable wrestlers if a little bit wooden (Edwards has all the personality of a potato in honesty), but both could go far if picked up by WWE.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptyFri 30 Aug 2013 - 14:20

Would Big Show's contract not mean he could just interfere and help Daniel Bryan? Or are we just supposed to forget about that now he's a face again?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptyFri 30 Aug 2013 - 15:58

We forget about that, just like we forget that the whole roster walked out on Triple H a few years ago for something that's not as bad as he's doing now.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptySat 31 Aug 2013 - 15:02

Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 17 1234768_419125058197866_1965555496_n

Ha! The legendary Foley ego must have taken a pounding since Shaquille O'Neil stuck this up.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptySat 31 Aug 2013 - 18:28

That's brilliant. Laughing 

Reckon he's taking the piss or did he legitimately think Mick was Hacksaw?

EDIT: Found this whilst perusing Facebook, from Mick's official Facebook page: "The crazy thing is, Shaq KNEW it was me! He was the guy who asked to have the photo taken, and said, "Mick, how about a pic?" But it's not the case of mistaken identity that has me a little down; it's the fact that Shaq's finger is larger than my penis." Laughing
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptySun 1 Sep 2013 - 1:13

Oh no its Mr sock-HoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestling Discussion Thread
Page 17 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next