We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wrestling Discussion Thread

Go down 
+17
JayMoyles
rlsniper789
ShadoWolf
AGuy
Snake14691
Slazo
masofdas
Treesmurf
Tokyo_Sonata
Solve My Maze
ScottGamer17
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Kyranitar
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Dusty Knackers
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
AGuy
Magikarp

Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 27 Jan 2013 - 18:30

I'll take 7 and 21 please, Dusty.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 27 Jan 2013 - 18:38

masofdas : 13 and 27.
The_Jaster : 1 and 2.
Phillips : 22 and 23.
treesmurf11 : 10 and 20.
Dusty Knackers : 19 and 26.
Tokyo_Sonata : 11 and 25.
Slazo : 3 and 17.
Solve My Maze : 6 and 16.
Snake14691 : 15 and 28.
AGuy : 7 and 21

Added you, mysterious stranger (definitely not Ash... Winky Face)

Think that's probably all that'll enter now, unless anyone else turns up. If anyone wants to join, or switch numbers, here's what's available - 4 5 8 9 12 14 18 24 29 30.

Check back tomorrow when we'll laugh at the person who got lumbered with Jinder Mahal and Hornswoggle.
Back to top Go down
Tokyo_Sonata
Copyright Claimed by Nintendo
Tokyo_Sonata

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 27 Jan 2013 - 19:23

I'll be honest and say that all the way through the buildup to the RR I have been unimpressed and pretty much unconcerned with the PPV, mainly down to the predictability, but today I have almost been looking forward to it for some reason (most likely because of the Rumble itself and the potential comebacks I guess)

As well as all the rumoured names (Morrisson, Shelton, Carlito etc) I can also see Road Dogg and Billy Gunn getting involved since WWE seems to like using them now and again recently, and also maybe they'll bring in the Boogeyman since he turned up on Raw a while back (not that I give a toss about him LOL)
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolf
Chuffster
ShadoWolf

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 27 Jan 2013 - 19:35

Dusty Knackers wrote:

Think that's probably all that'll enter now, unless anyone else turns up. If anyone wants to join, or switch numbers, here's what's available - 4 5 8 9 12 14 18 24 29 30.

Check back tomorrow when we'll laugh at the person who got lumbered with Jinder Mahal and Hornswoggle.
I'll have 24 and 29, please, squire.
Back to top Go down
Solve My Maze
Wii U Port
Solve My Maze

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 27 Jan 2013 - 19:49

I can't seem to get onto twitter on my phone, but watch this space for the prize.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 27 Jan 2013 - 19:55

Done!

masofdas : 13 and 27.
The_Jaster : 1 and 2.
Phillips : 22 and 23.
treesmurf11 : 10 and 20.
Dusty Knackers : 19 and 26.
Tokyo_Sonata : 11 and 25.
Slazo : 3 and 17.
Solve My Maze : 6 and 16.
Snake14691 : 15 and 28.
AGuy : 7 and 21
ShadoWolf : 24 and 29

Remaining : 4 5 8 9 12 14 18 30.

I'm always hyped for this PPV, just because of the Rumble match, but I think Punk VS Rock will be of a very high standard too, will be one of the best WWE matches this year, I feel certain of it.
Back to top Go down
rlsniper789
Ejected into the Lava
rlsniper789

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 27 Jan 2013 - 20:08

12 and 18 please
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 27 Jan 2013 - 23:58

I don't think it'll happen this year but I reckon Kane is due a Rumble win soon, he's only 4 off the most eliminations I think and that going alongside another display elminating a lot of people would make for an exciting win I reckon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 28 Jan 2013 - 12:00

First time I watched wrestling in ages last night, and I properly enjoyed that. The endings to the two big matches were very predictable, bar the semi-interesting twist at the end of the main event. But still, I reckon I might start keeping up with WWE once again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 28 Jan 2013 - 14:45

Here's the sweepstake results...

masofdas : 13 - Brodus Clay and 27 - Jinder Mahal.
The_Jaster : 1 - Dolph Ziggler and 2 - Chris Jericho.
Phillips : 22 - Antonio Cesaro and 23 - The Great Khali.
treesmurf11 : 10 - Heath Slater and 20 - Damien Sandow.
Dusty Knackers : 19 -John Cena and 26 - Randy Orton.
Tokyo_Sonata : 11 - Sheamus and 25 - Zack Ryder.
Slazo : 3 - Cody Rhodes and 17 - The Godfather.
Solve My Maze : 6 - Drew McIntyre and 16 - Bo Dallas.
Snake14691 : 15 - Darren Young and 28 - The Miz.
AGuy : 7 - Titus O'Neill and 21 - Daniel Bryan.
ShadoWolf : 24 - Kane and 29 - Sin Cara.
rlsniper789 : 12 - Tensai and 18 - Wade Barrett.

Well this is awkward... Guess I win, woooooo! Grin Thanks for taking part, folks. Same time next year!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 28 Jan 2013 - 15:41

I should get a prize for having the superstars that lasted the longest.

I guess I'll spoiler this in case someone is dumb enough to read a wrestling thread before watching the PPV.

Spoiler:

Oh & I really like that they are seemingly throwing Bo Dallas right into a feud with Wade Barrett.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 28 Jan 2013 - 15:57

I think we can all agree that the real winner in the Royal Rumble sweepstake was Solve My Maze.

As for the Royal Rumble event itself, I enjoyed it. Predictable results after all - the only real doubt I had about them was that they were perhaps a little too obvious. Still, it'll be intriguing to see how this pans out. I think WWE has something else up it's sleeve in regards to the Royal Rumble winner and the WWE Champion.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 28 Jan 2013 - 16:25

A very good pay-per-view I thought, and everyone knows it, but they're focusing so much on Cena and Rock's wins that it's blinding them to how much they enjoyed the show. The common compliant is the show was "predictable", who cares? It was a good journey to get to the predictable outcomes. I love this about WWE fans, they'll always find something to complain about. I remember last year's Royal Rumble after Sheamus won, which at the time was a bit surprising, and I think people complained then too because he wasn't seen as being a likely winner. Makes you wonder what people want.

Anyway, I'll leave you with this chappy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xg0uEVzknxE
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 28 Jan 2013 - 17:15

Phillips wrote:
Spotted Drew McIntyre in the pub down Prestwick main street on Saturday night. A group of drunk lads went up to him and started asking who's going to win the Royal Rumble. Though he didn't say outright, I think he gave them an idea of who he thinks it's going to be. I'll let you know next week. He also said 'he'd try' and win the Rumble before rolling his eyes, poor man.

Turns out he was right.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 28 Jan 2013 - 18:11

The result was predictable though... Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Solve My Maze
Wii U Port
Solve My Maze

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 28 Jan 2013 - 18:28

Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 3 A_winner_is_you_1024

Here's the prize!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 28 Jan 2013 - 18:38

I can't be the only one who's had this song in their head all day:

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 28 Jan 2013 - 18:45

well done, dusty what two stars to have. im excited for raw, im not sure who rock will now wrestle being champ. well i guess punk rematch and of course chamber. i can see rock, punk and ryback in wwe title chamber not sure about the other 3, as i think world title will be ADR, Show, Orton, Sheamus not sure about other 2
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 28 Jan 2013 - 18:57

Ye know what I miss? The PPV highlight packages they used to put together at the end of the night............or did I just imagine that?
Back to top Go down
Tokyo_Sonata
Tokyo_Sonata

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 28 Jan 2013 - 19:44

Aside from Cena winning I quite enjoyed the Rumble. I had to laugh how of all the predicted names the dirt sheets were talking about returning not one of them actually did return, not to mention there were a few who did appear I never saw one person predict. Even though he has had about 50 firings and returns before, I must admit I still marked out when Jericho came out at number 2, and the fans' reaction to him all night was amazing. Heck, it was even good to see Godfather return, the only disappointment being that he was eliminated straight away.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 28 Jan 2013 - 21:11

@Phillips. Yes I have.

@Jaster. They used to do it occasionally a few years ago iirc

@Tokyo_Sonata. This made me laugh too, I love it when the dirtsheets get caught out. One beautiful touch, whether intentional or not, was The Godfather entering the match right before Wade Barrett. It was Barrett who joked that Papa Shango (Charles Wright/Godfather's former character) was going to be in the Rumble a few weeks back.

Also...
Tokyo_Sonata wrote:
I'll take 25 and 11 and hope I won't end up drawing someone like Zack Ryder xD
and who did you end up with? Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 29 Jan 2013 - 2:15

Phillips wrote:
I can't be the only one who's had this song in their head all day:

Think that's a great song that, best one they've had for a PPV in a while, enough of this Flo Rida nonsense.

Like most I enjoyed the show but was disappointed with the results but it was expected anyway, I was more annoyed that Cena didn't really do much in the rumble until the final 2, there were far more entertaining and deserving winners throughout the match, if Cena actually had a decent spell then fair enough but I don't even think he did.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 29 Jan 2013 - 14:15

Yup, he only eliminated 4 people & as you said that was right at the end, I don't even remember him having a stand out moment like taking out a bunch of folk either.
Back to top Go down
Tokyo_Sonata
Tokyo_Sonata

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 29 Jan 2013 - 15:27

Dusty Knackers wrote:
Also...
Tokyo_Sonata wrote:
I'll take 25 and 11 and hope I won't end up drawing someone like Zack Ryder xD
and who did you end up with? Winky Face
That is unbelievable! I am used to the odd bit of bad luck or coincidence, but that is uncanny even by my standards ) :
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 29 Jan 2013 - 16:14

ive just watched so chamber isn't having a wwe chamber that's just silly and brock is back. so hhh v brock 2 at mania. so looks like to me rock v cena 2 for wwe, hhh v brock 2 and maybe punk v taker at mania. i wouldn't mind dolph v y2j for world title, maybe y2j wins world in chamber then dolph cashs in on him then rematch at mania. ohh and nice to see trish in hof
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestling Discussion Thread
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next