We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wrestling Discussion Thread

Go down 
+17
JayMoyles
rlsniper789
ShadoWolf
AGuy
Snake14691
Slazo
masofdas
Treesmurf
Tokyo_Sonata
Solve My Maze
ScottGamer17
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Kyranitar
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Dusty Knackers
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 35 EmptySat 29 Mar 2014 - 16:39

The_Jaster wrote:
shield vs NAO/Kane

I'm a little disappointed that's what the Shield are doing at Mania, especially with the belter of a year they've had.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 35 EmptySat 29 Mar 2014 - 17:26

In an ideal world they'd be fighting the Wyatt's again but I still think it will be great.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 35 EmptySun 30 Mar 2014 - 11:02

Not all that excited, truth be told. Maybe that's down to my apathy with wrestling these days - I keep up to date with it more out of habit than for any enjoyment. The card on paper looks decent enough, though I've felt for a while now that WM has to an extent suffered without MITB and particularly Shawn Michaels.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 35 EmptySun 30 Mar 2014 - 12:05

I'm pretty excited, all told! Wyatt vs Cena is interesting in the regard I have no idea who is going to win, and I reckon it'll be a decent match. The battle royal should be a laugh, as should the Divas clusterfuck, but more for how much of a disaster it'll be. Lesnar vs Taker should be a cracking match, although the result is pretty obvious. Haitch vs Bryan and the triple threat main event is what I'm most looking forward to. The Shield's match and the tag match... eh.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 35 EmptySun 6 Apr 2014 - 19:17

Anyone catch the Hall of Fame last night? Jake the Snake's speech was pretty emotional, and Mr T's was a mess, as was Warrior's.

More importantly... IT'S MANIA NIGHT!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 35 EmptyMon 7 Apr 2014 - 9:18

Mania spoilers :

I enjoyed warriors speech and at least compared to Mr T he actually had some interesting things to talk about, the only thing I didn't like about it was how long he spoke for.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 35 EmptyMon 7 Apr 2014 - 10:35

My Mania chat:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Slazo
One of Sonic's Friends
Slazo

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 35 EmptyMon 7 Apr 2014 - 16:39

WrassleMania Spoils:

Also hi GNamer its been a while >_>
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 35 EmptyMon 7 Apr 2014 - 17:06

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 35 EmptyMon 7 Apr 2014 - 22:51

My Mania:

Double J has announced his new promotion GFW: Global Force Wrestling.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 35 EmptyMon 7 Apr 2014 - 23:35

I'm assuming everyone who posts here on the reg has seen Mania, so I won't bother with spoiler tags.

If you're still feeling salty about the Taker match, I'd encourage you to read this article: http://www.cagesideseats.com/2014/4/7/5589772/wwe-telling-fans-undertaker-streak-ending-in-denial
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 35 EmptyMon 7 Apr 2014 - 23:58

That's a good article actually, just read the rumor page lot's on Taker wonder if we will ever find out if any of them are true.

Also WWE posted a YouTube video of 5 thing's that normally happens on RAW after Mania.

Which are
Number 1 Debut: Could this be Sting but is that really a debut, so Paige would be good or Sami
Number 2 Goodbye's: Undertaker then
Number 3 Title Change: Cesaro to win IC, as that now seems to be the second title especially with likes of ADR, Sheamus competing for it.
Number 4 is return: I want to say Sting here, if not I'm not really sure who
Number 5 the fans: Last year we got fandangoing, CM Punk Chant's maybe but more likely lot's of thank you Taker and Yes! Yes! Yes!.

After Raw:

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 8 Apr 2014 - 13:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 35 EmptyTue 8 Apr 2014 - 13:07

RAW after WrestleMania thoughts:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 35 EmptyTue 8 Apr 2014 - 14:15

Paul Heyman is without any shadow of a doubt the best on the mic in WWE right now. Every promo he delivers is captivating and is productive towards the storyline he's selling.

RAW:
Back to top Go down
Slazo
One of Sonic's Friends
Slazo

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 35 EmptyTue 8 Apr 2014 - 15:03

A mostly great epilogue to a great weekend.

Raw Spoils:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 35 EmptyTue 8 Apr 2014 - 19:36

@slazo

Spoiler:

That raw really was something else, can't wait to see where they go with Cesaro, it was refreshing seeing the new guys being brought in or promoted but I can't quite figure out if that Adam Rose (Leo Kruger) character will be any good I just hope he's an obnoxious heel and not the comedy character he appears to be.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 35 EmptyTue 8 Apr 2014 - 21:54

Have you seen him on NXT Jas? He's basically Russell Brand in wrestling form, and he's a face down there. I'm excited for Bo Dallas in his new obnoxious heel-who-thinks-he's-a-face role.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 35 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 2:29

The_Jaster wrote:
@slazo
Spoiler:

That raw really was something else, can't wait to see where they go with Cesaro, it was refreshing seeing the new guys being brought in or promoted but I can't quite figure out if that Adam Rose (Leo Kruger) character will be any good I just hope he's an obnoxious heel and not the comedy character he appears to be.

Wait, Rose is Kruger? How did I not notice that before, bit of a shame as I liked Kruger and his sadistic side. Strange that they're debuting so many  at the same time as well as bringing a few back in to the fold like RVD and Barrett.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 35 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 5:47

RIP The Ultimate Warrior. A real shock.  Aww! 
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 35 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 12:19

JayMoyles wrote:
Have you seen him on NXT Jas? He's basically Russell Brand in wrestling form, and he's a face down there. I'm excited for Bo Dallas in his new obnoxious heel-who-thinks-he's-a-face role.  Laughing 

I hadn't seen him on NXT & that just sounds horrible, I'm right with you on the Bo Dallas thing though.

Treesmurf wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
@slazo
Spoiler:

Wait, Rose is Kruger? How did I not notice that before, bit of a shame as I liked Kruger and his sadistic side. Strange that they're debuting so many  at the same time as well as bringing a few back in to the fold like RVD and Barrett.

Spoiler:

I was also a Kruger fan the guy showed some great ring psychology at times, I just don't see folk taking to Rose as a face.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 35 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 17:30

The NXT crowd did, but that lot are mental so who knows how it'll go down on the main roster?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 35 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 18:27

JayMoyles wrote:

RIP Ultimate Warrior. While no less or more tragic than the death of Mae Young, Big Daddy V or anyone else who has passed, it's the timing of it that's really left so many of us stunned. I'm happy that he went out loved, and had made his peace with the fans, WWE, Hulk Hogan, Jake Roberts and so many more after so long of what were, upon relfection, inconsequential feuds and "senseless hatchets". Unforgettable in every sense of the word - a true legend of my youth, he'll be sorely missed!
Back to top Go down
Solve My Maze
Wii U Port
Solve My Maze

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 35 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 20:25

I've not watched Raw yet, but the whole of WM was a cracking spectacle. It's been a long time since I've been genuinely excited by wrestling, but damn, it hit the spot. I think the whole roster did the Silverdome proud on that one, although I certainly wasn't exptecting an end to the streak.
DB though, Christ almighty he stole the show!

It's a shame that the Ultimate Warrior has passed away though, such a shock after just being inducted.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 35 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 21:12

Solve My Maze wrote:
I think the whole roster did the Silverdome proud on that one

Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 35 4158%20-%20hulk_hogan%20pointing%20wink%20wwf

In regards to the Ultimate Warrior, I was really concerned he'd killed himself when I heard the news. Looking back at his HOF speech and his appearance on Raw, he did not seem healthy, in hindsight.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 35 EmptyThu 10 Apr 2014 - 3:57

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:

RIP Ultimate Warrior. While no less or more tragic than the death of Mae Young, Big Daddy V or anyone else who has passed, it's the timing of it that's really left so many of us stunned. I'm happy that he went out loved, and had made his peace with the fans, WWE, Hulk Hogan, Jake Roberts and so many more after so long of what were, upon relfection, inconsequential feuds and "senseless hatchets". Unforgettable in every sense of the word - a true legend of my youth, he'll be sorely missed!

Well put TCK, I'm going to have to sit down and watch a bunch of his matches soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 35 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestling Discussion Thread
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next