We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names

Go down 
+14
Rum
Treesmurf
shanks
The Cappuccino Kid
Axis1500
masofdas
beemoh
fronkhead
Balladeer
Admin
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
Athrun888
Silver light
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 3 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013 - 22:02

it's down to £80 on ShopTo now.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 3 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013 - 22:39

Not sure how they can justify that price, compare it to ones like the Assasin's Creed SE which is either the same price or a tenner cheaper and bare in mind that that's for home consoles and not 3DS then I feel this shouldn't be any more than £60 I'd say.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 Oct 2013 - 9:51

I think this will be actually be limited edition for a change, and you get more in this then the buccaneer edition of AC4 which just a figure right, this has artbook, soundtrack. Both are expensive though.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 Oct 2013 - 10:41

The problem is I can probably pick up another two 3DS games for the extra price they are charging for the limited edition of this -- so I'm probably going to have to pass, unless that figurine does turn out to be something I'd proudly display on my shelf. After the Wind Waker HD, Tales of Xillia and Monster Hunter Tri figurines I'm tempted to say I'm not exactly anticipating quality here.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 Oct 2013 - 10:53

It depends on the soundtrack to me, is that the two disc full soundtrack or just some musical selection soundtrack? If it's the full thing then the asking price is pretty fair. It also depends on the art book quality, what kind of paper is used and how big it is, given the size of the box and look of the book in that image it looks like the art book is a high quality one and that too also contributes to the worth of the limited edition. But it will all come down to the soundtrack, if it's the full thing I'm in, if it isn't I'll just buy the standard edition and import the full one from Japan.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 Oct 2013 - 12:10

All good points, I'd still prefer to import the soundtrack from Japan myself, even if it is the complete soundtrack. At this point in time I have no idea whether it is a soundtrack I'd want to listen to and own.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 Oct 2013 - 13:11

Understandable, I found a few tracks of it while surfing the web a few months back and fell in love with it then so the soundtrack has been in my sights for a while. If you want to check out some of the music here's a couple of my favourites Conflict's Chime and Wicked Flight. Its music sounds like it's going to fit the game really well.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 3 EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 11:20

GAME aren't doing the CE, I don't know why though. So I might just be getting standard edition then, depends on money situation.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 3 EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 13:05

My guess would be because it won't sell. It is a niche title, after all. I'm surprised there's so much bonus-ery attached to it at all...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 3 EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 13:59

GAME stocked Xeno, Last and Pandora limited editions. So it being Niche is unlikely my local GAME has new copy's of the like of Neptuna in now that's niche.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 3 EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 20:59

New trailer. It looks lovely, but the usual warning about the voice acting applies.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 3 EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 23:15

It's looking good.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 3 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 10:03

That new comments set up is just... rant about youtube in the rant thread incoming methinks. As for the trailer is it just me or ios the voice acting better in the cg segments than the dialog between the main characters? Not that it's anything to write home about either way but it's actually tolerable in the cg segments of the trailer. Either way I'm starting to get excited about the game now, we need more old school rpgs in the world.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Nov 2013 - 16:13

The face on that figurine looks absolutely traumatised. "Help! I'm trapped in an otaku's bedroom!"

That aside, can I make all my team members wear top hats? Because if I can, I will.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Nov 2013 - 16:36

It's looking good, I'm not going to bother with the demo though.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Nov 2013 - 16:44

It's just as well the figure looked a bit dorky, I missed out on the collectors edition. Just as well I imported a copy of the ost then, now I'm not missing anything huge. And I'll pass on the demo as well, I'm already definitely buying the game so I don't really need to play it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Nov 2013 - 16:45

I love the artwork and the cg but I'm not sold on the in game look. I can definitely see myself picking this up, though. Maybe one for the Christmas list?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Nov 2013 - 16:46

I am going to have a great Christmas. Grin 
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Nov 2013 - 22:15

Just a note. Yet more EU > America superiority. They don't get the figurine.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 3 EmptyThu 14 Nov 2013 - 1:52

I'm not even sure if we get the special edition at all, and if we don't I may just download this on my Jap 3DS
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 3 EmptyThu 14 Nov 2013 - 16:19

I have a suspicion the special edition is already sold out here. It was available at eb games online for a short while after the last direct, and then after a couple of weeks it got taken down which probably means they sold all their allocated copies.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 3 EmptyFri 15 Nov 2013 - 7:00

It is, I asked EB and they said that it basically sold out a day or so after the announcement.
So yeah I think I'll download this unless I get lucky and my guy at my EB store hooks me up
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 3 EmptySat 16 Nov 2013 - 21:24

After much negotiating, the Special Edition is going to be my Christmas present. (There's no way I could wait another month to play Zerio.)

Oh and bad news - the EU version will include the game skipping DLC. Skip the boring bits for a small fee!
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Nov 2013 - 14:29

The figurine looks bad. Really bad. I'm no longer interested in the collectors' edition (since an extra £40 for the soundtrack, which so far sounds nice but is a little generic won't cut it).

I'm definitely going to pick this up, though the demo hasn't really gotten me any more excited for it. It's certainly a great way to do a demo (cynically speaking, by giving you items that you'll lose if you won't upgrade to the final game) and the presentation is top notch (the menus in particular are really well done and a joy to navigate), outside of the watercolour visual style I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary, with a lot of the game's designs playing homage to classic RPGs. Even the music, as nice sounding as it is, doesn't make any effort to separate itself from many other RPGs.

The core game should be of interest though.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Nov 2013 - 16:02

The demo didn't blow me away visually. I think more 'realistic' games on 3DS tend to look a bit watery in 3D (see Heroes of Ruin). I'm sure the final game will be solid, though, and I hope to look into it in the new year.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next