We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll)

Go down 
+15
SuperPaperLink
Athrun888
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Rum
masofdas
ZeroJones
shanks
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
JayMoyles
Vidofnir
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

What is the best Zelda game ever?
The original
General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Adventure of Link
General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Link to the Past (including Four Swords)
General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Link's Awakening (including DX)
General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Ocarina of Time (including 3D)
General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 Vote_lcap22%General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 22% [ 5 ]
Majora's Mask
General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Oracle of Ages
 0% [ 0 ]
Oracle of Seasons
 0% [ 0 ]
Wind Waker
General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 Vote_lcap26%General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 26% [ 6 ]
Four Swords Adventures
 0% [ 0 ]
Minish Cap
General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Twilight Princess
General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
Phantom Hourglass
 0% [ 0 ]
Spirit Tracks
 0% [ 0 ]
Skyward Sword
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 23

AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll)   General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2013 - 11:07

I can't remember if I voted for Majoras Mask or Wind Waker Laughing

That said Wind Waker has always been my favourite Zelda while Majoras Mask is the one I hold in the highest regard.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll)   General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2013 - 22:11

Well, I voted for OoT. I suppose the nostalgia comment is true. But it's closer than ever, with Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess and Link to the Past all very close. And this is just for "best game", let alone "best Zelda game". But not Minish Cap. I cannot BELIEVE people voted for that.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll)   General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2013 - 8:07

JayMoyles wrote:
On topic however, what's your favourite top down Zelda Balla? I know you've said you aren't as fond of them as the 3D titles, but you must have a favourite.

Lessee... I've played LttP, LA, Minish Cap, FSA, PH and ST. LA's out, because I haven't even had the incentive to beat the third dungeon; FSA isn't a "proper" Zelda, as such; PH and ST each had their own glaring flaws...

I'm delaying the inevitable. It's got to be Minish Cap: the only top-down Zelda with a proper vibrant overworld, a game with very few flaws bar its length. Great sidequests too. LttP's dungeons may have been great, but its overworld felt empty, and its story barely referred to except in passing. MC all the way.

'Course, I've never played the Oracle games - how do they fare?

EDIT: Of course, I've started on the original too. But after half an hour or so of stumbling around like a lost boy, that doesn't even deserve a look-in.

Last edited by Balladeer on Fri 26 Apr 2013 - 15:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll)   General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2013 - 12:20

I've never played the Oracle titles, nor have I played Minish Cap. I really ought to going by this thread.

I think for me it has to be LttP. I've not finished Link's Awakening, as good as it is, and the original is dwarfed in every respect by LttP. But, I still think 3D Zeldas - at least the titles I've played - are better than the top down Zeldas.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
SuperPaperLink
Stability Update
SuperPaperLink

PostSubject: Re: General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll)   General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2013 - 15:49

Only just playing Ocarina of time properly for the first time. I'm quite enjoying it, but sometimes I find myself lost as what to do next, sometimes it's me being stupid, but some of it's so unclear I have no idea how progress for ages, If I was young teen/child, I probably wouldn't be able to work some of this out. Did anyone else find this, or just my lame gaming skills?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll)   General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2013 - 15:54

To a certain extent, but Navi tends to be fairly good at pushing progression along. The early Zeldas were worse. I've stumbled around Koholint for quite a while trying to find my next objective, finally falling back on Gamefaqs, more than once. Never finished the original for similar reasons. And I used an NGC guide for my first playthrough of LttP.

Jimbob wrote:
But not Minish Cap. I cannot BELIEVE people voted for that.

Somebody's been at the Blue Potion again. Razz
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll)   General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 12:29

Balladeer wrote:
To a certain extent, but Navi tends to be fairly good at pushing progression along. The early Zeldas were worse. I've stumbled around Koholint for quite a while trying to find my next objective, finally falling back on Gamefaqs, more than once. Never finished the original for similar reasons. And I used an NGC guide for my first playthrough of LttP.

Jimbob wrote:
But not Minish Cap. I cannot BELIEVE people voted for that.

Somebody's been at the Blue Potion again. Razz

More like... someone's been at the... Chateau Romani again! Cool *guitar riff*
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll)   General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 Aug 2013 - 11:42

http://www.amazon.com/Legend-Zelda-Box-Set-Official/dp/0804161380/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1374016411&sr=1-2&keywords=legend%20of%20zelda%20box%20set&tag=viglink129408-20

Anyone else seen this, looks such a nice set. I've all ready got the skyward sword one but am tempted to buy.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll)   General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013 - 2:41

Are prima guides still a thing? I thought the internet killed them ages ago. At the very least, if they're resorting to putting out ludicrously expensive collectors editions, they obviously on the back foot.

All that said, they do look gorgeous. And the chest! Squeee!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll)   General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013 - 13:29

Yeah they make them still and brady all the time, I sometimes pick up a guide with a game. I never use them but nice to look at.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll)   General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013 - 20:36

With the rise of the Internet FAQ, that's the sort of thing Prima and pals should be going for - nice looking game guides with collectible tat.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll)   General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013 - 21:24

There are some games it's just nice to have a hard copy of a guide for though. I used the FFXIII-2 guide quite a bit for finding the artifacts and I know the GF likes using the AC guide for a quick reference.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll)   General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 EmptyThu 22 Aug 2013 - 7:57

I've got quite a few guides, mostly to look back through after I've finished the game. They're nice to have.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll)   General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Nov 2013 - 16:54

I finally voted! I've finished OoT, TP, SS and WW, I've played enough of LttP and MM to know that neither is going to be my favourite and come on, it's not gonna be one of the NES ones or one of the handheld ones.

So I voted for Twilight Princess.
For my money, Skyward Sword had a beautiful art style, brilliant music and innovative controls and dungeons. But the overworld was a bit vacant.
Wind Waker had a clear cut although maybe too simple at style, amazing music and a really believable, living world but the adventure and the dungeons were kind of lacking.

Twilight Princess had a great mix between a big, well-populated world and a thrilling campaign with quality dungeons. It also did something which the other two failed to, in my book; it made it actually feel like the world was going to end, and the people knew it. It really ramped it up so I felt badass when I saved the day.
Back to top Go down
2grundies
F-Zero Rookie
2grundies

PostSubject: Re: General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll)   General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Nov 2013 - 19:09

It'll always be ALttP for me. It was the game that got me into Zelda in the first instance and has never been bettered (imo, of course). Link's Awakening is a close second. Wind Waker is a favourite but there was a bit of an imbalance with the amount of sailing compared to the dungeoneering. Some of the islands were also disappointingly small. The newer handheld incarnations (in the WW style) i've not played properly, so i can't express an opinion of those as yet.

At the risk of being flamed to death, i have to say that i have no time for the N64 titles, they just leave me cold. That may be more down to the fact i don't like the hardware than the games themselves, though. Perhaps a HD update might just change that opinion.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll)   General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Nov 2013 - 19:11

2grundies wrote:
That may be more down to the fact i don't like the hardware than the games themselves, though. Perhaps a HD update might just change that opinion.
I'd agree with that - as much as I like the N64 Zeldas, I don't think I could have played them on an actual N64. I really do not like the controller and it'd have hindered my enjoyment of two great games.
Back to top Go down
2grundies
F-Zero Rookie
2grundies

PostSubject: Re: General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll)   General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Nov 2013 - 19:31

There's a Hori N64 controller that utilises a 'cube analogue stick. I've been told it makes a hell of a difference to the N64 experience. I can't speak from experience, i've not used it....but if the quality is as good as the Hori pad for the 'cube GB player, i'd say that they speak the truth.

That wouldn't alter the fact i just don't get on with N64's in general, mind! Sometimes it just doesn't 'click' and its one of those systems for me.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll)   General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Nov 2013 - 21:55

I'd definitely recommend the 3DS of Ocarina; it's a completely different experience to the N64 version. I never beat the game until I played that one.
Back to top Go down
2grundies
F-Zero Rookie
2grundies

PostSubject: Re: General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll)   General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Nov 2013 - 22:01

I don't have a 3DS yet, but its only a matter of time before i drop the cash on an XL. Ocarina an essential purchase then?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll)   General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Nov 2013 - 22:12

2grundies wrote:
I don't have a 3DS yet, but its only a matter of time before i drop the cash on an XL. Ocarina an essential purchase then?
I would say so, yeah. It sounds like you're in a similar place to where i was when I got it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll)   General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Nov 2013 - 22:37

I'm a big fan of the N64 controller. My issue with OoT is just that it's aged a lot, but the 3DS remake deals with that nicely (although the Great Fairies are still awfully polygonal). MM, on the other hand, is hamstrung by its set-up for me. I just saved Anju and Kafei's romance (OMG SPOILERS!), but now I have to go back in time and they're single again? Sob!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll)   General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Nov 2013 - 22:40

We might have to take a re-vote as have you seen the review scores for Link between world's it could be the highest rated game of the year.

Last edited by masofdas on Thu 14 Nov 2013 - 23:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll)   General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Nov 2013 - 22:54

I can't see LbW taking anyone's top spot, although I am pretty psyched about it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll)   General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Nov 2013 - 22:58

Also I can't add any more poll options. Let this stand as a testament to people's views as they were!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll)   General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Nov 2013 - 12:50

Seconding Buska's opinion here. I detested Ocarina Of Time on the N64 but enjoyed it far more on the 3DS. I've traded it in, natch, but it oddly felt much more comfortable on the handheld. Now, where's my 3DS Majora's Mask? Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll)   General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Zelda Discussion (and Best Zelda Poll)
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next