We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. U/3D

Go down 
+27
fronkhead
Zaphod_B
Sentinator
Sylveon
Rum
Cube
Solve My Maze
SquidgyGoat
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
masofdas
Reggie Fils-Aime
nupkin
Treesmurf
Dusty Knackers
Admin
Crumpy Andy
Vidofnir
The_Jaster
Athrun888
shanks
ZeroJones
Jimbob
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 4 EmptyFri 14 Jun 2013 - 20:15

Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 4 Tumblr_moec6geU6M1rnc7yqo1_500
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
SquidgyGoat
Boo This Man .Gif
SquidgyGoat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 4 EmptySat 15 Jun 2013 - 18:06

I'm all for all three new additions, actually particuarly the Wii Fit lady. She's funny. At this stage, with no new exciting IPs create din the last five years, I'll take funny.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 4 EmptySun 16 Jun 2013 - 7:36

Going to point you in the direction of these two threads, Squidgy:
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net/t314-the-wonderful-101
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net/t89-monolith-s-x
New IPs for all!

EDIT: Now this is very interesting. So we've got no tripping, and intermediate speed of play, no touchscreen use, and the characters in both versions being "nearly identical". No SSE equivalent (with all the films) though, which is sad.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
SquidgyGoat
Boo This Man .Gif
SquidgyGoat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 4 EmptyMon 17 Jun 2013 - 9:41

Granted, but characters from neither are going to appear in Smash Bros, just as that bloke from Disaster: Day or Crisis or the sub from Steel Diver won't, which was what I was trying to get at. Both 101 and X do look magnificent and I wouldn't be against seeing their characters in Smash Bros by any means, but don't see it happening.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 4 EmptyMon 17 Jun 2013 - 9:45

Ah, I misunderstood: I thought you were talking in general, not in SSB terms.  One word for you, then: Xenoblade.  (And Miis!)
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 4 EmptyMon 17 Jun 2013 - 13:31

You know, speaking of who is going to get in, I've been wondering if the fact the 3DS version is going to be near identicle as far as cast is concerned that that means we'll not being getting more than 45 characters in this one.  And if you think about it they could easily have a bunch of new characters by simply removing the clones of which we have a number.

I'm sure this sort of thing is just going to get eyes rolling, but I think some predictions are in order!  Predictions are fun after all! Smile

So, looking at Brawl I think the following characters will get back in.  First off the original 12 from the n64 game are getting back in, so we can skip those guys.  Bowser is both never being ditched and already confirmed (and looks set to get a lot of buffs, about time!)  So, the rest of the guys in Brawl who started in Melee, Marth will be back no doubts since he's basically the Pikachu of Fire Emblem.  Game and Watch will also probably get back in due to being both unique and steeped in Nintendo history.  

Now, Falco I have a few questions over.  He at first seems like he will be obvious, however he is largely a Fox clone.  I think it's 50/50 with him, especially with Wolf around.  Next we have Young/Toon Link, I think this guy might just get axed if they cut back on clones.  I think they may want to keep most series to three slots at absolute most, and above all else it is high time we saw a new Zelda representative since we haven't had a new one since Melee.  Girahim is fairly popular and would provide a lot of uniqyue options so I think he would stand the best chance out of any Zelda character of replacing Toon Link.  Or they will completely revise Toon/Young Link so he has nothing in common with adult Link.  

Now I look at Brawl.  Lucario was basically a Mewtwo clone who replaced him.  I can see Lucario being axed and Mewtwo brought back in personally.  Mewtwo is now in the same position Lucario was as basically a movie mascot around when Brawl came out, with Mewtwo starring in a movie right now I think he may get his spot back, hopefully with a ton of buffs.  As for the rest of the cast, Diddy Kong, Pit, Rob, and Olimar seem very obvious returnees (with Pit already confirmed).  I believe Ike will be axed like Roy was and Chrom replacing him as the token latest Fire Emblem lead slot.  I also think Wolf will return, he was unique and provided the antagonist slot for he Star Fox series.  And needless to say Meta Knight and Dedede will be back.  

Then there are the third party reps.  Sonic is undoubtedly going to return (if there was ever any doubt Nintendo's new partnership with Sega pretty much killed it), Snake on the other hand I could see not returning given Megaman is in.  

So, now for the new rep predictions.  I've said who I think will go, but now it's time for who i think will join the cast.  With the newcomers so far being completely out of left field I suspect this trend will largely continue.  And it is because of that I think one of the newcomers will be Ray MKII from that Nintendo robot game.  He offers a lot of unique options, is rather out of left field, and I suspect he would be a popular character if added due to the fact mechs are cool.  

Who else?  I'll be absolutely honest here and say I have no real clue.  We may or may not see another Sonic character (hey blame Sega, not me), and we may or may not see another third party character if the Pacman rumours end up being true.  I want to say we will see Shulk, and I won't rule out the possibility given he has more than enough potential for a moveset, but Xenoblade just may not be nig enough for it.  I think Golden Sun stands a chance at finally getting a spot on the cast, last game we saw that kid who shot hands as a Assist Trophy so they do seem like they are upping the anti for the series.  

Anyway, that's all I've got to say.  I was going to say more but it has disappeared from my mind no doubt to the relief of all as none of this will likely happen.   I will point out that outside girahim this isn't actually a wishlist so much as a really lame attempt to try and guess what will be in.  If I was making a wishlist I would be saying Shulk, Ridley, two Fire Emblem reps, Mewtwo and Lucario and another Pokemon, and a ton more.  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 4 EmptyTue 18 Jun 2013 - 0:14

I was just about to mention a potential Xenoblade character before I read that, it seems obvious to me, it proved hugely popular with everyone who played it and with the petition to bring it here there and everywhere I think the game has the popularity.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 4 EmptyTue 18 Jun 2013 - 4:44

It still may not be enough to get in.  Honestly I hope I'm wrong and we get Shulk in the game, but Xenoblade seems to me to be more a series that will get an assist trophy rather than a full playable character.  I could see him working very well if he was included, with the Monado powers being special moves, the final smash being a Monado Buster using his last weapon, and his various moves could be stylish sword swipes, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 4 EmptyTue 18 Jun 2013 - 8:02

Going to direct you towards my own Mewtwo speculation in the OP. Razz But yes, I'll be very surprised if Awakening Form(e) doesn't make a showing.  Ridley would be another shoe-in, I think: Kind Dedede got into Brawl because of some poll on the Nintendo Japan website, for which Ridley came second, so I can't see him not making the next game.  Chrom seems another shoe-in, as does Little Mac for stage reasons, as Dusty mentioned earlier.

Sonic'll probably return (Duh!), but Snake is evens.  Jigglypuff could go, I think: it was obviously a last-minute addition to Brawl, hence it getting a tiny pathetic cut-scene in the SSE.  More likely to return though, sadly.  Pokémon Trainer will surely have new Pokémon.

I think that the Villager's presence makes Miis coming in less likely.  Granted, this is almost purely based on the Bowling Ball down-smash/special.  

I'd think a Xenoblade character (probably unlockable) more likely than not, but I'll agree that we could just see an Assist Trophy.  Likely we'll see only one of Xenoblade/Golden Sun getting a character though.

And a new Zelda character is more likely to be Impa or Ghirahim than Midna, which is a shame. Sad If we're still doing clones, maybe Link Between Worlds Link could take over.  Hope not though.

It's so exciting!  This not being out until late 2014 at earliest is going to kill me.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 4 EmptyTue 18 Jun 2013 - 11:18

Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 4 B19cb8f8228e5b4fc453985b44d66984
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 4 EmptyTue 18 Jun 2013 - 17:06

Honesty I think Jigglypuff will get back in.  While I think they might want to move away from joke characters that can't actually do anything effective Jigglypuff has the benefit of being in every single Smash game.  In all honestly it's probably why they brought her back for Brawl, they didn't actually need to bring her back after all.  

And I finally remembered the name of the robot building series, Custom Robo!  Ray MKII was an assist trophy in the last game, maybe he'll graduate in this one to a playable character.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 4 EmptyTue 18 Jun 2013 - 17:20

I'd rather have Chibi Robo, he'd be awesome!
Back to top Go down
SquidgyGoat
Boo This Man .Gif
SquidgyGoat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 4 EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013 - 7:54

Little Mac will be in it. I reckon they might upgrade a few more Assist Trophies, too, so I could see Golden Sun's Isaac/Matthew, for instance, also joining the fray. Both seem like natural fits. The only problem is finding Mac four special moves when all he does is punch.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 4 EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013 - 8:39

B - Charging Punch
B+> - Dashing Punch
B+^ - Uppercut
B+v - Some sort of guarding counter affair
Final Smash - Knockdown Punch

Done done.  Also,

SquidgyGoat wrote:
...Matthew...

At first I only saw this word...

Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 4 N36805421_32870914_642

New Challenger!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 4 EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013 - 9:13

Sorry as I've barley played brawl what's wrong with sonic, is he just crap to use or is it because he's not a Nintendo character and shouldn't be in it.  So if it that's neither should megaman then, but he has a lot of history with Nintendo and so does sonic really.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 4 EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013 - 9:27

Bit crap to use, honestly. His Final Smash attack is horrifically cheap, and he's too speedy/floaty to use, in my opinion. Nowt to do with his non-Nintendo roots, Snake was great fun to play as.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 4 EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013 - 9:49

I think Sonic is a pretty solid character in terms of gameplay.  He's solid mid tier material certainly, and I've always had a blast using him when I take a break from Marth.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 4 EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013 - 11:04

JayMoyles wrote:
Bit crap to use, honestly. His Final Smash attack is horrifically cheap, and he's too speedy/floaty to use, in my opinion. Nowt to do with his non-Nintendo roots, Snake was great fun to play as.

For me, it's six of one, half-a-dozen of t'other. Sonic didn't feel nice to play as, with no range and no real power but the most stupidly overpowered Final Smash; on the other hand, his voice was intensely annoying, and I still don't like third-party characters in my Smash Bros.

Snake was better to play as, but I wouldn't my losing both of them, and Mega Man. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 4 EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013 - 11:19

Mega Man is such a good fit for Smash Bros. though. And Sonic is as close as you can get to being a Nintendo character now without being under the Nintendo banner with how close Sega and Ninty are these days (somewhere, the Nineties is sobbing with delight).
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 4 EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013 - 11:43

I won't deny that Mega's a good fit. I'm just a purist, is all. Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 4 EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013 - 17:09

To be fair I think Sakurai (did I spell his name right?) made sure when including Megaman that it was as retro as possible to keep the sense of purity.  I like his inclusion myself, the focus should and likely always will be Nintendo but a bit of gaming history that has bounced off of Nintendo like Megaman and Sonic seems neat to me.
Back to top Go down
Solve My Maze
Wii U Port
Solve My Maze

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 4 EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013 - 19:58

Not a bad move at all to include the villager in this instalment, especially since that shovel of his will surely be put to use.
Is there any word of Snake being kept in the game? Ideally, he'll be booted out of it and Mewtwo will make a return.

Mind you, I'm glad to see that it'll be a lot more manic than Brawl was, along with the removal of the trip mechanic. From what I've seen so far, this really is a day one purchase for me.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 4 EmptyThu 20 Jun 2013 - 13:54

Bayonetta anyone? I think with Bayonetta 2 being an exclusive and a perfect fit for chaotic fighting it isn't that unlikely.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 4 EmptyThu 20 Jun 2013 - 14:09

If anything, I think a W101 character would be more likely. 
On the subject of Megaman, most laymen probably think of him as a Nintendo character. He hasn't done much business since the NES and SNES days really.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
nupkin
Stability Update
nupkin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 4 EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013 - 22:21

I'm sure you guys are dying to have Bayonetta and the Wii Fit trainer getting down to business aren't you?

Megaman is a great "retro" character - I wonder how far back they could go with the new characters? I might be showing my age here, but does anyone remember this little guy?

Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 4 The_mighty_bomb_jack_by_hologramzx-d2xvvrg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. U/3D
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next