We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread

Go down 
+20
JayMoyles
Xelviar
Reggie Fils-Aime
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
Axis1500
Jimbob
Athrun888
fronkhead
ZeroJones
masofdas
The_Jaster
NintenDUCK
SuperPaperLink
Buskalilly
Gwyn400
Silver light
beemoh
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 16:40

That was okay I guess, shame there was nothing that surprised anyone. Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros all looked really nice, shame two of those won't see the light of day this year. Really wish there was something bigger coming out this year, Wii U needs a shot in the arm, not sure if SM3DW is the game to do that, guess we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 18:03

A good list of videos here.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 18:33

I'm happy with what was shown, looks fun & let's be honest that's all that matters as for no wii U stuff in 2013?

Game & Wario - June
Pikmin 3 - July
Wonderful 101 - August
Wind Waker HD - October
DKCTF - November
Mario 3D World - December

& that's just the exclusive games.

EDIT: oh I'm probably the only one happy about art academy U lol
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 18:49

Not to mention Watch_Dogs and ACIV.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 19:12

I was just putting the exclusives but aye & lets not forget about Batman Arkham Origins as well.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 20:58

Overall, it got me excited again for a lot of WiiU games (still only got 4). However, I still feel I might need to buy one of the other consoles, as it did all feel a bit too "predictable Nintendo" as opposed to "different Nintendo". I know Bayonetta 2 is still a Big Thing, but any game that makes me feel like a "stereotypical male gamer" I'm gonna be unhappy with.

BUT MOTHEREFFIN MEGA MAYN
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
nupkin
Stability Update
nupkin

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 21:08

Once we actually got the streaming to work (I blame BT Shitband), I did actually come away feeling a bit "meh" about the whole thing, given that I took today off work partly to recover from the flight back from Greece, and partly to watch this.

I was excited about Wonderful 101, but the Mario 3D Lands and Mario Karts of this world which I was really hoping would blow me away didn't have me looking to pre-order them any time soon. Not that we'd be able to, it's taking long enough.

Wind Waker looked stunning, but when are we going to see an original Zelda for the Wii U? Currently I don't think that there's one big reason for Wii fans to invest in a Wii U, just lots of little reasons.
Back to top Go down
Fancy Fancy
FMK Tagline
Fancy Fancy

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 22:52

Just watched the Nintendo Direct & there wasn't a single game that interested me. Even Pikmin 3 didn't excite me (& I always said that I'd buy a Wii U when that game launched). Aww!

It really looks like I won't ever be buying a Wii U.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 23:50

Rather disappointed myself, as pointed out, there was nothing new besides Donkey Kong and it's mostly next year, even if they managed to sneal Mario Kart in this year I would have been happy. Even more worrying is most games shown were all new versions of games we've had very recently, just one reboot of a classic like Starfox and F-Zero, just one is all I ask but we couldn't even get that.

On a brighter note, having a HD Nintendo console is becoming more and more exciting after looking at Mario World, Mario Kart and Wind Waker, absolute stunners and the trio of Wii Fit, Wii Party and Art Academy look like sure fire hits with the casual crowd to possibly boost Wii U sales.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 0:03

So, this E3, overall was pretty MEH for me once again.

Nintendo was good, but nothing earth shattering. Highlight was Wii Fit girl being announced for Smash. (If they'd have saved X, SMTxFE and from their previous directs till now, it would have been more amazing, but that assumes that Nintendo care about taking part in the willy waving contest that is E3 - clearly, they don't.) It is a bit disappointing that the much hyped RETRO game was Donkey Kong, and it's shocking the games are still so far out. (Seriously, what the heck were they doing in the two years when the Wii was dying?)

Microsoft was an endless stream of the type of SHOOTYBANG games I don't like, marred by technical failures, and the pre-announcement that the DRM was going to be at maximum.

Sony's first hour was a bore, and ended with a standing ovation literally for not screwing the consumer as much as the competition - offering something that would have been considered normal just a couple of weeks ago. You're letting us trade our games we bought with our own money? Really?! And when they were getting the praise for that, they sneakily introduce their own anti consumer news. Sigh.

APPLAUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!oh by the way you now have to pay for online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I was forced at gunpoint to buy a new console, it would be the PS4. I don't think I'd get the MS console if you paid me. However, I don't see me racing to buy one in the first year. The games just don't appeal.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 4:47

A good and tough interview for Reggie here, with the interviewer taking plenty of jabs (perhaps one too many, at times) at Nintendo's shortcomings this E3. Reggie handles himself very well, and clarifies a lot of issues for me. Worth a watch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 7:02

I don't really have time to watch a Youtube video at the moment: is there a kind soul out there who wouldn't mind summarising the key points in those interviews?
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 7:58

It is an interesting interview.

Key point was mostly the third party titles or lack there of
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 8:43

To which I hope his answer was, "Well if certain ****s hadn't delayed Legends, it'd have sold out upon release."

EDIT: Oh yes: where the heck was Yarn Yoshi?
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 10:30

I feel like I'm the only person on the internet fine with Nintendo's E3. Not only fine, but I think they had the best of the console makers. Microsoft basically continued to treat their customers like they're a bunch of pirates, Sony's entire highlight was basically saying "no, we are not going to treat you like absolute garbage and invade your civil rights with our console, unlike out competitor". While that bodes well for the industry I don't see this as something worthy of worship. Meanwhile Nintendo were the ones bringing the big games in.

And it's not like Nintendo were holding back either. We had Smash which is clearly already a good way through its production due to actual gameplay footage. We had them show off the newly revived IP of Donkey Kong country. We had Bayoneta and Wonderful 101 for some key third party exclusives. We had what is in my opinion one of the best Zelda games in the franchise getting a makeover and also having one of its greatest flaws fixed (I refer to the sailing taking forever). We had Mario kart get shown off, which while nothing amazing is always good for an absolute blast of a time.

And then we also had the successor to Xenoblade being shown off. Which bodes well for a release here since Xenoblade only showed up once as Monado, this has shown up twice and as such is probably going to come over without the fuss Nintendo put up for Xenoblade. Am I the only person here who is excited for this or something? I thought Xenoblade was highly liked here. Meh

It just seems to me like Nintendo were the only ones focusing on the actual games. Which is of course inevitable since they aren't launching a system. But still, as someone who has yet to buy the Wii U I found their conference the most promising out of any of the big three. And it's not like they're not releasing anything soon either. As already pointed out we're getting Pikmin, Donkey Kong, Wind Waker, and Mario 3D World this year. And I would bet money of Mario Kart 8 being out before E3 next year. And I also wouldn't be surprised to see Smash out sometime next year like they say, remember that when Brawl was announced it was with a CG trailer, this was shown off with actual gameplay footage ala E3 2007.

To me Nintendo have delivered everything I expect and want from them. So to me they are the clear winners of this years E3. And makes me incredibly happy! Grin
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 10:45

I was pretty happy. For me personally, there's more than enough games. I'll probably never play them all.

As for the DKC thing, Donkey Kong Country Returns, by the end of March 2011, had sold 4.96 million copies worldwide. The entire Metroid Prime series, since the NGC has sold about 6 million.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 10:45

In other words, people are rubbish.Neutral
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 10:50

Balladeer wrote:
In other words, people are rubbish.Neutral

did you just notice that?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 11:38

I think people are still being overly hard on Microsofts conference ebcause they're all s angry about the always on nature. It was all about the games and they looked fantastic (to me anyway).
As for X I'm very excited but I can only muster up so much enthusiasm for a trailer that didn't show much more than we've already seen.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 11:57

I don't think anyone is mad at the games, I too thought they were really good looking but the steep price of the system and the lack of sound on Crimson dragon and the trouble with BF4's trailer, and the lack of clarification on privacy and DRM and the fact Don Mattrick is really annoying and the conference just seeming dull (perhaps they should've attacked Sony more...) Is why people are hating on them.
But even though the games are important they still need to shift a new console that nobody trusts and I just don't think they did enough to show off it's capabilities, if they did then the hefty price tag probably wouldn't seem so insane.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 11:58

I thought they had a really good conference, bar the price point. Lots of great games. Just a shame about the console they're on...
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 12:14

Honestly I think the fact they showed off some nice games makes the situation even worse.  Those are games that if you want to take a stance against what the Xbox One stands for you will never get to play, and if you don't mind the short term problems then you are subject to losing access to them at the end of the systems life and the subsequent whim of the company to re-release them on a later console which may or may not ever happen.  If I waited for Square Enix to re-release Final Fantasy XII and Valkyrie Profile 2 I'd have never been able to play them in the last year, and vp2 probably never would have been played again.

As I always say, you can't miss what you have never experienced.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 14:59

I've been busy last few day's, so just catching up

Microsoft, thought they showed of a lot of great game's i want like crimson dragon , D4. It's just a shame about the price, online crap,  used and MS arrogance. 

Sony, thought there conference was muh then yay then muh again, never showed me anything mind blowing but i want to play the likes of watch dog's in shiny next gen graphics sorry nintendo. With it's price point and what it doesn't do. I will be upgrading to a ps4.

Nintendo,  everything i've was great and looked pretty but disappointed a lot is 2014, and i feel if i didn't have a wiiu. I don't think i would buy one there's only a few game's i want for it this year.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 15:51

http://messedupcables.forumotion.net/t331-not-an-fps

Axis1500 wrote:

Microsoft was an endless stream of the type of SHOOTYBANG games 
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 15:56

"SHOOTYBANG" is a great new word though.  (steals adopts)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next