We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread

Go down 
+20
JayMoyles
Xelviar
Reggie Fils-Aime
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
Axis1500
Jimbob
Athrun888
fronkhead
ZeroJones
masofdas
The_Jaster
NintenDUCK
SuperPaperLink
Buskalilly
Gwyn400
Silver light
beemoh
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 14:44

Phillips wrote:
Reasonably hyped for Nintendo Direct. It'll not make me popular round this parts, but I really, really hope Nintendo don't spunk a lot of time into all that JRPG cobblers they've got coming soon. That would disappoint me the most, I think.

Boooooooooooo! DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 14:48

I'm really not hyped, I think it's mostly the dread of having to sit thrugh the reminders of ANIMAL CROSSING IS OUT THIS GFRIDAY GUYS BUY IT BUY IT PLEASE. Then the inevitable, don't forget about Luigi and all these games we've mentioned before! I'll probably enjoy it when they move onto some new stuff, though there is only so much excitement I can muster for Mario Kart.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 14:50

I AM SO HYPED YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!!!!

Although I do agree that Iwata blabbing on about games that we already know about is as inevitable as it is dull. :medusa:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 14:54

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH GAMES!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 14:58

ONE MINUTE GUYS
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 14:59

My body is ready!

Aaaannndd it doesn't work. Cool. As usual.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 15:03

Not just me then, thank goodness. Anyone got a working site? Desperate fanboy here!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 15:04

FAIRY TYPE POKEMON CONFIRMED.

http://www.ustream.tv/NintendoUK
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 15:07

Thanks a billion for the link Jay.

And in response to that Pokemon news...

TAKE THAT DRAGON TYPES!!!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 15:09

New Mario Kart looks gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 15:11

That it does. And bikes are back! I loved the bikes in the Wii game, glad to see them return.

Wow, Wind Waker looks stunning.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 15:22

Wind Waker looks so good in HD. Like so so good. Fanboying now.

MEGA MAN IN SMASH BROS

Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 4 Daniel_Bryan_YES

Last edited by JayMoyles on Tue 11 Jun 2013 - 15:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 15:40

Also, I liveblogged my thoughts again.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 15:43

I liked the fact that it just showed us games, but didn't like the fact that Wii U has fuck-all happening for it in 2013. There were genuine surprises, but not particularly good ones. I would not buy a Wii U in 2013 after seeing that presentation.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 15:46

What could they have shown, bar the games? That's what's going to sell Wii U, the spectacle of new Mario, Zelda, Smash Bros and so on. They're targeting a different audience than what Sony and especially Microsoft are going for.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 15:48

I'm with you there Phillips, I was hoping for some great games coming up over autumn/winter not Wii fit U and Wii Party U. Smash Bros was Smash Bros so that was awesome to me, X looked beautiful, more Donkey Kong was alright, Mario was too much like 3D Land and underwhelmed me (it ain't gonna be a Galaxy beater is it?) and Mario Kart looked too much like 7 for my liking. Was also glad they didn't recap the most recent games.

Overall much better than I expected but it is all happening next year.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 15:53

Meanwhile the mecha maniac in me is still creaming his underwear over X. It's like they read my mind about what my dream video game and made it happen. Xenoblade gameplay? Check. FUCKING PLAYABLE FLYING MECHA! Check. Hiroyuki Sawano composing the score? Check. Stunning art direction? Check.

Oh and I suppose Smash Bros was cool as well. But mecha. Did you see? Mecha! In a long jrpg! And they're playable! My life is complete.

Ahem. Now as for my thoughts on the rest of it. Mario 3D World looks like fun. Mario Kart, why can't you be out sooner? Wind Waker: the reason I will buy a Wii U in the near future, my favourite game of all time now better looking than ever and on a system I can play it on to boot! Wonderful 101 looks delightfully demented. Same for Bayonetta, I'll definitely have to pick at least one of these up.

Donkey Kong: Cool, not really a fan but it looked fun so I think I'll give it a shot. Smash Bros: nice teaser, and even though I've never played Mega Man seeing that trailer has completely sold me on his inclusion. I really wish they had shown off some more newcomers however, I want Chrom! Animal Crossing character looks hilariously awesome however.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 15:53

Um. Er. Ah.

THE GOOD:
No more dragons being overpowered! Take that Salamence.
New Mario Kart looks brilliant. Especially the anti-gravity stuff, and the return of the gliders.
Everything shown of X.
Bayonetta 2 gameplay. I might be tempted to buy this. Maybe.
101 looking pretty nice.
Apart from 101, not too much focus on stuff we've seen a lot of.
THOSE TWO SMASH BROS. GAMES OH MY GOODNESS. Seems like the 3DS version will be a sort of adventurey thing.

THE BAD:
Bikes in Mario Kart return. Whyyyyy. Also, rubbish title: it worked once, but shouldn't have been used again.
Every moment devoted to Wii Fit U, Wii Party U and Art Academy U. That includes the Miiverse thing.
Where was the 3DS? Is there nothing to show? Or is it all going to be on the show floor?
No Wii U-exclusive Shenmue 3.
Arguably, no real killer out this year. I know about the 3D Mario, but see below...

THE ATROCIOUS:
The only unannounced offering was a generic-looking Donkey Kong game.
The highly anticipated Retro Studios offering was also a flipping generic-looking Donkey Kong game.
WHICH CRETIN DECIDED THAT SM3DL WAS A GOOD BASIS FOR A 3D HOME-CONSOLE MARIO?????

Living up to the hype marks: 4/10. And SSB got at least two of those points. Nintendo really needed to blow everyone else out of the water, but a subpar 3D Mario and no megaton surprises, what we got was more of a damp squib. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Reggie Fils-Aime
Tingle's Dingle
Reggie Fils-Aime

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 15:56

I didn't like that, not enough me.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Reggie
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 15:57

They could have shown games that I'd be playing soon. That's what's wound me up: everything I was hoping for this year - both before and after today - has been delayed. The games they did broadcast all looked class, mind. But we've endured enough delays, and what's to say that Super Mario 3D World and the rest won't be the same. I bet some of those games will slip to 2015.

EDIT: Got to agree with Balladeer on Donkey Kong Country. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but did anybody on Planet Earth ask for this?

Last edited by Phillips on Tue 11 Jun 2013 - 15:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 15:57

I did think, "New Smash Bros. games next year? You're 'avin' a larf."
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 16:00

I hope Monoliths mecha game won't fall victim to that. I crave that game in my bloodstream.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 16:01

JayMoyles wrote:
Also, I liveblogged my thoughts again.

Spoiler:

You should become one of those people who type while people talk at them. Anyway, nothing really to complain about in this direct, except perhaps the stream quality but that may just be my interwebs because microshaft's was the same. 13 third party titles for Wii U is impressive though, smash bros and wind waker looked excellent (actually, everything looked excellent).
One thing that bugged me is the lack of games out this side of the New Year. Will there be more directs/announcements from Ninty or is it just showfloor stuff now?
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 16:21

I don't know I got more excited over Donkey Kong over Mario 3D land U.
The Wind Waker ooohhh myyyy
and same with the Pokemon stuff but Sylvieon is not taking over from Glaceon!!

Smash Bros on both 3DS and Wii U looked good.

And yes MKU with the Anti Gravity was brilliant
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 16:26

NintenDUCK wrote:
One thing that bugged me is the lack of games out this side of the New Year. Will there be more directs/announcements from Ninty or is it just showfloor stuff now?

There's a Pokémon thing, but that's it on the announcement front, I believe. Aww! And the lack of things this year, to, y'know, compete against the other two consoles, worries me greatly too.

Phillips wrote:
EDIT: Got to agree with Balladeer on Donkey Kong Country. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but did anybody on Planet Earth ask for this?

It was a gift horse in the same way that ebola is.

Okay, so that's harsh. DKCR was my ninth favourite game on the Wii. It'll still be good. But it looks too similar to the original, and I was really hoping that Retro were beavering away on a new Prime or summat. Ho hum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next