We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*

Go down 
+18
Fancy Fancy
mandlecreed
Jimbob
Cube
shanks
Dusty Knackers
Admin
Buskalilly
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
beemoh
Athrun888
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 19 EmptyMon 6 Jan 2014 - 20:39

You will never complete your backlog of games NEVER! (Those are your retirement games Winky Face )

Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 19 EmptyMon 6 Jan 2014 - 22:08

Axis1500 wrote:
Cube wrote:
I can't decide what to play

Yep, I'm in the same position.

Axis: I recommend Super Monkey Ball 3D or Splash or Crash. Winky Face 
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 19 EmptyMon 6 Jan 2014 - 23:41

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Axis1500 wrote:
Cube wrote:
I can't decide what to play

Yep, I'm in the same position.

Axis: I recommend Super Monkey Ball 3D or Splash or Crash. Winky Face 

Yep, I'm going to enjoy them!  Cheeky Cheeky Cheeky Cheeky Cheeky Cheeky Cheeky Cheeky Cheeky 
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 19 EmptyTue 7 Jan 2014 - 13:25

I know that Mr. Sterling is not necessarily popular around these parts, but I'm still going to put a link to this here so that the next time someone complains about somebody liking a game, I can find it easily.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 19 EmptyTue 7 Jan 2014 - 14:48

Infinite Space and Journey are the exceptions right? I don't wanna live in a world where I can't express my pure hatred for them!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 19 EmptyTue 7 Jan 2014 - 20:27

Journey 5 Times GOTY Award Winner 2012
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 19 EmptySat 11 Jan 2014 - 22:16

NintendoLife has a good article from a third party dev about the Wii U which doesn't look good but they have another of games they would like or should have this year from Nintendo .
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 19 EmptySun 19 Jan 2014 - 21:22

Triple Combo

Did this as I was bored (day 4 of 18 off) as the genre was brought up a lot recently.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 19 EmptySun 19 Jan 2014 - 21:24

Alan Wake would have been way better as an adventure game - the combat in it was way too clunky and it detracted from my enjoyment of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 19 EmptySun 19 Jan 2014 - 21:26

shh it's going to be the only game me and Andy both like. How you watch so quick.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 19 EmptySun 19 Jan 2014 - 21:50

Skimmed through to see what your picks were - didn't really want to watch the gameplay footage.

Eh, Alan Wake... it had good atmosphere, I'll give it that, and I liked the premise. The execution of it was lacking for me though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 19 EmptySun 19 Jan 2014 - 22:03

To me it played like a proper survival horror game with the clunky controls, it's the closet I'm getting to a something like my top games in-till Evil Within comes out.

Also can't believe how good my number 2 pick still looks.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 19 EmptySun 19 Jan 2014 - 22:17

I really enjoyed the combat in Alan Wake and it's the only one on that list I've properly played (apart from a chunk of the naff RE remake)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 19 EmptySun 19 Jan 2014 - 22:32

Naff remake, you crazy every survival horror should be like it and every remake or HD release. Only reason it's not number 1 as resident evil 2 put the genre & resident evil on the map, it's been the benchmark for all to follow. A HD remake of that would be amazing, just thinking resident evil is a big series and Japanese it could be that big exclusive game that french guy tweeted about. We can only dream.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 19 EmptyMon 20 Jan 2014 - 3:31

I disagree completely on the RE2 putting the series/genre on the map, no doubt it topped resi in every way but the first had a massive pull to the point it was a reason many folk were buying a Playstation.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 19 EmptyMon 20 Jan 2014 - 9:44

"The survival horror genre starts and ends with ZombiU" - masofdas.

~

I agree with Jaster - Resident Evil 2 was big news, but the first one was what everyone was talking about in the playground. It was massive. That, Tomb Raider and Dynamite Headdy (I was talking about Dynamite Headdy).
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 19 EmptyMon 20 Jan 2014 - 9:45

For me it was Pokémon, and then GTA once people got a bit older. I didn't have much to say about GTA though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 19 EmptyMon 20 Jan 2014 - 11:00

I might be a bit to young I can't really remember people talking about resident evil 1 but 2 like TCK said it was big news, remember people were amazed that each character had there on disc and the graphics at the time, the bad TV ads everything about it. Also I do like number 2's (waiting for a joke) of most series MKII, Sonic 2, Streets of Rage 2 and so on (not halo 2 though).

Both Tomb Raider & Resident Evil did help sell PlayStation's even though both were on the Saturn, with RE originally going to be a Saturn game but came out out PS1 before it then got ported over.

Also what a rubbish top 10, yes it's my top 10 but looking at it apart from the top 5 the rest are just good games. Parasite Eve II wouldn't be no where a top 50 games ever but get's in my top 10 here. Looking yesterday of games in the genre there's lot of okay games like a Fatal Frame, Siren, Clock Tower but nothing to set the world on fire.

Has anyone played Haunting Grounds on PS2 that is suppose to be excellent but I've played as it's on PS2 & late in it's life.

Before anyone ask there's no resident evil 4 even thought it's great it's not a survival horror game in my opinion it's a thrid person shooter with survival horror elements.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 19 EmptyMon 20 Jan 2014 - 22:26

I've just started up Donkey Kong Jungle Climber for the first time, playing through the first few levels, minding my own business, then this c**t drops in.

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 19 250px-BananaDUDEDKJUNGLE

That's f**king terrible. It's a talking banana called Xananab. Jesus Christ. I haven't seen a worse game character design in a long time.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 19 EmptyTue 21 Jan 2014 - 8:43

Masofdas wrote:
Before anyone ask there's no resident evil 4 even thought it's great it's not a survival horror game in my opinion it's a thrid person shooter with survival horror elements.

If I was balladeer this is where I'd use this......

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 19 EmptyTue 21 Jan 2014 - 9:11

Laughing 

DKJC's a good game. Nice, varied levels, although I never got terribly far. But yep, Xananab is atrocious. I remember him having terrible "voice-acting" too.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 19 EmptyTue 21 Jan 2014 - 22:49

The_Jaster wrote:
Masofdas wrote:

If I was balladeer this is where I'd use this......

Spoiler:

How it's my opinion,
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 19 EmptyWed 22 Jan 2014 - 19:21

Preordered loads of games today, so I now have these preordered

Destiny PS4
Infamous Second Son Collectors Edition PS4
Professor Layton v Ace Attorney 3DS
Mario Kart 8 Wii U
The Evil Within PS4
MGSV Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes PS4
Demon Gaze VITA
Toukiden: The Age of Demons VITA
Ys: Memories of Celceta VITA

Also got Zelda U & Hyrule Warriors Wii U, All GAMEs I've been to recently believe Zelda U is coming this year and they will get a exclusive edition like with ALBW. I do always say are you getting confused between these two games but they seem to know that there two different games. I would think it's more like someone at head office going the new zelda it's having a special edition & them meaning Hyrule Warriors as I can't see Zelda U coming this year.

Titanfall Xbox One, I don't even own a Xbone yet but did nearly buy one today as there now £389.99 used in GAME but thought if there that now what will it be in march and I need the money to put towards a car at the moment.

Also tried to preorder Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc but that wasn't on there sheet but it's on the website, and the titanfall controller but that's sold out already. Didn't notice FFXHD & FFX2HD on the list either.

Now that I'm home i realizes that I've not got Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros or X preordered.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 19 EmptyWed 22 Jan 2014 - 19:49

I was watching footage of the Game of Thrones game earlier wondering if I should install it, and I was in the end put off by the generally negative impressions of the game.

I really really want a good Game of Thrones game, and a modded version of this, this amazing looking medieval RPG could be it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 19 EmptyWed 22 Jan 2014 - 20:10

Wait for the TaleTell or is it TellTale game Jay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next