We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*

Go down 
+18
Fancy Fancy
mandlecreed
Jimbob
Cube
shanks
Dusty Knackers
Admin
Buskalilly
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
beemoh
Athrun888
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 4 EmptyMon 26 Aug 2013 - 22:18

To Follow Phillps, Not including VC:

Nintendo Land, Good with mates but thought single player a bit much okay pack in, SOLD
Skylanders Giants, Bought as I had credit in local indy and i wanted to see how this worked but got bored quick, SOLD
Call of Duty: Black Ops II, One of my most played Hrs wise finished SP and ranked up a bit in MP, SOLD
Assassin's Creed 3, Bought at launch played for 20mins then, SOLD it I don't know why i keep looking at AC games
Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Bought as launch awful, played for 1hr and everything was done, SOLD
Darksiders II, Bought on launch played for about 1hr but what i played was good so actually still, On my shelf
Mass Effect 3, Bought recently on eBay cheap it's pretty much same as 360ver, played this one for 1hr, On my Shelf
New Super Mario Bros U, Bought as it was mario but got about half way then got bored but not a fan of 2D mario, SOLD
Batman Arkham City, Also recently bought cheap mainly to see how it played on Wii U before I buy origins, done DLC that's it, On my shelf
FIFA 13, Bought won League etc not much else to do so, SOLD
Disney Epic Mickey 2, Also bought on eBay cheap played for about 20 mins, On my shelf
Sonic and All Stars Racing, Played for about 9hrs done Grand Prix and some online but still not touched world tour, On my shelf
Tank! Tank! Tank!, Got the free download which has played for about 20 mins tempted to download the £8 SP, On my Wii U
Need For Speed Most Wanted, Played for 12hrs got 4 MW races to go, most of my time spent on MP, On my shelf
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Got as a download played about 6hrs mainly MP I really need to play more, On my Wii U
LEGO City Undercover, Played for 17hrs Finished, SOLD
New Super Luigi U, Recently bought not been in the console yet, don't really no why i bought support nintendo i guess, On my shelf
Pikmin 3, Wii U's best game played finished, On my shelf still
The Wonderful 101, Just started, On my shelf

DuckTales: Remastered, Downloaded played about 30mins
Little Inferno, Downloaded as i had a free fiver from nintendo, Played about hour messing about
Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition, Done first few levels but not much else
Nano Assault Neo, Done a level that's it, I picked up when it was on offer
Pokémon Rumble U, Not ure how far I am in but played for 2hrs+
Trine 2: Director's Cut, Got at launch, played for 20mins got stuck not played since
Zen Pinball 2, Downloaded the free thing that's it

So a lot there and like I said that's not including VC, and I'm planning to get splinter cell and rayman soon. I might trade in the likes of batman towards them.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Aug 2013 - 10:11

Alright, I'll have a crack at this. Solidarity!

Nintendo land Obviously. Still gets busted out for the odd multiplayer session.
New Super Mario Bros. U Played through to completion with missus.
Zombi U Played through. Still use the multiplayer now and then. Well try and get the better ending at some point.
Batman: Arkham City I never had a PS360 so this was my first play of what turned out to be one of my all time faves.
Assassin's Creed III I never had a PS360 so this was my first play of what turned out to be an alright game I suppose.
New Super Luigi U We're working through this one now.
Just Dance 4 I didn't buy this for me, honest.
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate I play this all the time!
Tank! Tank! Tank! great little aquarium sim.
Pikmin 3 Bought, had a little go on multiplayer, loved it, but wanted to finish Pikmin 2 first and now that I have I don't feel up to it yet.
Injustice: Gods Among Us played through the story, and the multiplayer will probably keep getting busted out until I get smash bros. Or tekken. Or pokken.

Little Inferno I loved this!

And there are probably other downloaded titles I'm forgetting, not to mention VC. And don't forget all the time I spend on the web browser and love film. I would never say there haven't been games. That's whack, Jack.

Also, wonderful 101 would be on that list but I'm waiting til my birthday.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Aug 2013 - 12:00

Still can't believe some of you went a whole generation with just one console especially a Wii.

But looking at our lists, a few multi format games there, if you take them out of the list's there isn't that much. Which I think is what most people are moaning about as I believe most people have/had a PS360 all ready. Looking at the PS4 / Xbone I can see there being a lack of games for them but don't think people will be moaning as there be spread out a bit better, so take the PS4 launches Nov a few months later you get Infamous then a few later destiny but Wii U hasn't been like that, we should of had something like pikmin 3 in February and so on.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Aug 2013 - 12:10

masofdas wrote:
Still can't believe some of you went a whole generation with just one console especially a Wii.
The Wii was my only current-gen console from April 2007 until April 2012. I didn't get envious of what else was available - for most of those five years the Wii was a bloody brilliant console. It was only when the likes of Sonic Generations, SSX, Ridge Racer Unbounded and Street Fighter X Tekken became available (as well as a ridiculous GAME trade-in promo that was giving me well more than a fiver for each bargain-bin Wii game I'd ever bought) that I decided to get a 360. I've got every 360 game I want, all nine of them. I've got over eighty Wii games that I'm very happy to keep, and am always on the lookout for certain others.

Honestly? I thought the Wii was superior to the PS3 and the 360 for most of their lifespans.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Aug 2013 - 12:27

I do have over 50 Wii games on my HDD (naughty, did buy them then sold on) but nothing that special, the Wii has had more likely some of the best games of this gen but only about 5 games in what 6 years+.  

Out of all three consoles, even though I don't own a 360 any more as microsoft forgot you need games, but still reckon it's the best to own out of all three and would recommend to someone if they came up to me I've not played any / owned any which should I get.

Due to quality 3RD party games like Red Dead Redemption, Bioshock, GTA and then Exclusives like Halo, Gears, Fable, Alan Wake, Lost Odyssey etc

Also Jas brought up on Twitter, about Ubisoft being Wii U's best 3rd party supporter, do you agree or is someone like Warner or Activision better. I think Warner has done a great job, Lego City, Lego Batman, Lego Marvel Super Heroes, Injustice, Batman arkham city and soon origins, not sure about any other games of there's of the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Aug 2013 - 12:48

Warner and Activision have ported a fair few games, but Ubisoft have put more effort into making games better on Wii u, like Raman, or making full on Wii u games like zombiu
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Aug 2013 - 12:52

Buskalilly wrote:
Warner and Activision have ported a fair few games, but Ubisoft have put more effort into making games better on Wii u, like Raman, or making full on Wii u games like zombiu
I think Lego City Undercover was quite a big game and wasn't a port or anything.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Aug 2013 - 13:10

Am I too demanding?

Like Reggie said, Nintendo fans never seem to be satisfied. A few days ago I thought "There aren't many games coming out for the 3DS - it's all Wii U until the end of the year. Poor console". Then I remembered: we're getting a brand new Zelda game, the sixth generation of Pokémon games, more Professor Layton and new Ace Attorney, with lots more that I'm sure I haven't remembered. Why do I do that? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Aug 2013 - 14:37

masofdas wrote:

I think Lego City Undercover was quite a big game and wasn't a port or anything.
Oh, yeah, I always forget they did Lego City. I tend to think of that as a Nintendo game.

ZeroJones wrote:
Am I too demanding?

blahblahblah
Yep, I do that as well. When you think about it, we're getting a helluva lot of great games this year; new Zeldas, Marios, Pokemon, a Pikmin! All of it. But I don't feel as excited as I'd have thought.
I think its just that the majority of gamers are now adults, but we want it to be as we remember it from when we were kids. The problem is, it was never that much better when we were kids. We just only remember the good bits. I've got loads of memories of getting excited about Zelda and playing Pokemon until four in the morning under my blanket, but I don't remember the months or years when I barely got any new games. Why would I?
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Aug 2013 - 15:55

Buskalilly wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:
Am I too demanding?

blahblahblah
Yep, I do that as well. When you think about it, we're getting a helluva lot of great games this year; new Zeldas, Marios, Pokemon, a Pikmin! All of it. But I don't feel as excited as I'd have thought.
I think its just that the majority of gamers are now adults, but we want it to be as we remember it from when we were kids. The problem is, it was never that much better when we were kids. We just only remember the good bits. I've got loads of memories of getting excited about Zelda and playing Pokemon until four in the morning under my blanket, but I don't remember the months or years when I barely got any new games. Why would I?
It doesn't help that it's much easier to see what everyone else is getting than it used to be- whether that's RPGs not leaving Japan or games making it to PS360 but not Wii.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Aug 2013 - 16:07

beemoh wrote:

It doesn't help that it's much easier to see what everyone else is getting than it used to be- whether that's RPGs not leaving Japan or games making it to PS360 but not Wii.
That's a good point as well. Way back when, its not as though I'd pick up the mags for other games. I might have a quick game of something at a mate's house but I'd just think "oh, that was fun." Now, I go online and see all these Massive Effects and Batmen and I get really jealous.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Aug 2013 - 16:56

I think that was what swayed me to a PS3. I waas always perfectly happy with my Wii until I started on sites like Twitter where I was constantly seeing people talking about the amazing Uncharted 2. Overall I'm quite happy that I wanted more because otherwise I'd have missed out on so many games. I think that both the Wii U and 3DS are dropping titles at a good enough rate now for me though so I'm quite happy with both.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 4 EmptyWed 28 Aug 2013 - 19:12

Just posted the news of North American Nintendo Releases (Wii U news & 3DS news) and they've got 3 games out on the 22nd of November over there. Nintendo seems to do this a lot releasing a few things at ounce, why can't they just spread there games out.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 4 EmptyWed 28 Aug 2013 - 19:24

Probably releasing them at that time to garner some interest for Nintendo during Sony and Microsoft's launches.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 4 EmptyWed 28 Aug 2013 - 19:31

Zelda and Mario on the Same Day though okay different systems but still seems silly. Also a Wii U and a 2DS is $420 in North America not bad seeing a Xbox One is $500.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 4 EmptyWed 28 Aug 2013 - 19:50

It's saturation, isn't it? Get those game out on the shelves, and then when mum and dad come to buy an Xbox or a PS4 for their CoD-loving son, they might spot a new Mario, recognise the brand, and pick it up for another child they have.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 4 EmptyWed 28 Aug 2013 - 21:26

I think Nintendo should re-advertise the Wii U as the console for everyone. As Sony are saying there console is for gamers but what about little Timmy, and Microsoft are saying there's is the one box to do everything on but could confuse some. But if Nintendo comes out with two trailers near xmas one showing call of duty, watch dog's, assassins creed 4 then another showing the wii party, just dance etc. So for a family it's the ideal console the dad & teenager can play cod etc , mum wii fit & just dance etc and little Timmy skylanders etc and the whole family can enjoy Nintendos games.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 4 EmptyTue 3 Sep 2013 - 11:11

GameTrailers have started doing a count to next gen, They have just done top 5 exclusives games on a 360 and for the PS3. Watched both was the 360 really that bad. The PS3 they said they found it hard to do a top 5 as there's so main great exclusives and personally i wouldn't of done a list for the PS3 as it still has exclusive titles coming that could be top 5 caliber.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 4 EmptyTue 3 Sep 2013 - 11:39

360: Halo, Fable, Forza, Gears of War. Four. Eight years and that's your whack.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 4 EmptyTue 3 Sep 2013 - 11:48

Fable didn't make GTs top 5.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 4 EmptyTue 3 Sep 2013 - 12:51

As it should be, Fable is awful. You missed the 2 best exclusives off your list though Phillips, Alan Wake and The Witcher 2 outshine all of them added together.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 4 EmptyTue 3 Sep 2013 - 13:47

Fable 2 was good rest on 360 weren't great. GT didn't include Alan Wake (which is quality) or Witcher 2 as there on PC so not a true exclusive, console yes but not only on 360. They also only went with one game per series.

The Top 5's were 360 5 Dead Rising, 4 Lost Odyssey, 3 Gears of War 2, 2 Forza 4, 1 Halo 3
They did bring up the Wii version of dead rising but said it's like the bastard cousin. To me this shows how bad the 360 exclusive were as they still had to pick a game which is really on another system.

PS3's was this 5 Metal Gear Solid 4, 4 Uncharted 2, 3 Journey, 2 Demon Soul's, 1 The Last of Us

They never did a Wii top 5, they did do a top 10 games you might of missed/under-rated and could pick up to play on your Wii U as there's nothing to play (this was done just after Lego City came out, so was kinda a dry spell).

Top 10 in A-Z Boom Box, de Blob, Final Fantasy My Life as King, Fragile Dreams, The Last Story (Yanks didn't get to late), Little King Story, Muramasa, SSX Blur, Tatsunko vs Capcom, Zazk & Wiki

Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 4 EmptyTue 3 Sep 2013 - 13:50

I've never heard of either of those, Andyman, though you've given us 50% more 360 exclusives than I'd previously thought existed. I think you're underestimating Forza a wee bit though - those are brilliant, brilliant games.

My 360 is just a means of playing FIFA, truth be told. It's a FIFA box to me. Nothing more, nothing less.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 4 EmptyTue 3 Sep 2013 - 14:09

I'd agree with GT's top 5, although I wouldn't lend much credence to Forza 4, but that's just because I'm not a big racing sim fan.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 4 EmptyTue 3 Sep 2013 - 14:09

According to Wikipedia there's 242 exclusive Xbox 360 games and i don't see the likes of alan wake on there either, so true exclusives.

With only these being of any not (including XBLA)

Amped 3
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Blue Dragon
Dead or Alive 4
The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai
Fable II
Forza Horizon
Forza Motorsport 2
Forza Motorsport 3
Forza Motorsport 4
Gears of War 2
Gears of War 3
Gears of War: Judgment
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2
Geometry Wars: Waves
Halo 3
Halo 3: ODST
Halo 4
Halo Wars
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
Halo: Reach
Infinite Undiscovery
Kameo: Elements of Power
Lost Odyssey
MagnaCarta II
Naruto: Rise of a Ninja
Naruto: The Broken Bond
Perfect Dark Zero
Project Gotham Racing 3
Project Gotham Racing 4
Shadow Complex
'Splosion Man
Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise

So 33 Game's over 8 Years. Surprisingly the PS3 has less only 215 Exclusives over it's life time.

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 3 Sep 2013 - 14:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next