We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*

Go down 
+18
Fancy Fancy
mandlecreed
Jimbob
Cube
shanks
Dusty Knackers
Admin
Buskalilly
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
beemoh
Athrun888
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 3 EmptySat 17 Aug 2013 - 8:52

I can find things easier with a search tool!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 3 EmptySun 18 Aug 2013 - 2:01

Balladeer wrote:
And this is why I don't have a Backloggery. :dance:If I enjoy a game I'll probably finish it, or get back around to it eventually.  I don't want to feel forced to.
It's not that I feel forced, it's more it makes me notice how I'm spending money on games that I don't even play (although I'm sure I'm not the worst for that on the forum).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 3 EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013 - 18:47

Without wanting to turn this into a bargains thread, I spotted a Nintendo bundle in a second-hand shop ('The Money Station'?) in Paisley earlier today: a white Wii, a remote, Wii Fit and a balance board. Anyone's for £19.99.

Has the Wii really depreciated by that much? Is it that...well, worthless? That's mental value for money.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 3 EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013 - 22:57

£20 for a Wii?! Madness. Still, it sold loads, so you can imagine the market is saturated with them and like the PS2 it'll be dirt cheap to get your hands on one for ages.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 3 EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013 - 23:08

Actually a PS2 is more expensive in most places then a Wii, I'm keeping my Wii just as it's worth peanuts plus it has 50+ games on it's HDD (Naughty).
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 3 EmptyTue 20 Aug 2013 - 11:51

I was going to trade my Wii in when I got my Wii U, but the price I was offered was such a joke that I didn't bother. The old gal deserves better than that. Maybe I'll set her up on a second TV, in the bedroom or something, one day.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 3 EmptyTue 20 Aug 2013 - 12:44

Even if you only used the Wii you've got as a device to watch YouTube/Netflix/LoveFilm with, it's still more valubale than the sum of store credit GAME would have likely given you for it.

There's still some decent stuff on the way for the Wii too, like Disney Infinity, Skylanders, FIFA and Just Dance. As daft as this might sound, I say the Wii Mini is the console to go for for low-income families not wanting their kids to access the 'evils' of the internet. I think it would sell in decent numbers if it were, say, £59.99 and came along with NSMB Wii. Or, better yet, as part of a Skylanders or Infinity bundle.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 3 EmptyTue 20 Aug 2013 - 19:36

I leave that Sony presentation with one thought: War Thunder would should have been Hogs of War 2. No joke. It would have been a brilliant Hogs of War game.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013 - 12:18

Triple post!

~

How's this for random: despite playing/owning over two hundred Wii games since 2007 and that it's sold over forty million units since 2007, until this morning I had never played a Wii Fit game.

I got it on GAME's webiste for under £6. Bit of a bargain there. That said, I pity the people who paid £80 (or whatever it cost) back in the day though. It's perfectly acceptable and it means well, but I struggle to see how anyone could have thought Wii Fit would be a proper substitute for a gym membership, a healthy diet or even a proper game. They had their uses, but Nintendo sure did hoodwink a load of people with some of the Touch Generations stuff, didn't they?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013 - 12:59

I've never played a Wii Fit game. I'm... okay with that, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013 - 13:17

It'll be interesting to see the 'advances' that are made with U. I had a soft spot for Wii Fit Plus, until it started to crash my Wii when I'd finished up and tried to get to the Home Menu. Aww! I once held the plank (or whatever they call it; the move where you lie with your forearms on the board and your tiptoes on the floor and stay like that) for three minutes! Shocked

In the main, though, I agree with Phillips: there's not enough there. Maybe they should have some free weights with U?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013 - 23:35

I reckon if people stuck with it they could probably get their money's worth, lifting weights are about the only thing you can't do with it exercise wise, they should just make you lift the balance board actually.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 3 EmptyThu 22 Aug 2013 - 9:39

For people who do literally no exercise like myself I felt it was helping me lose weight when I tried again recently. Unfortunately I got distracted by moving house and stopped. I should probably try again...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 3 EmptyThu 22 Aug 2013 - 13:54

I hope this doesn't count as news: ONM have done a survey of the best Gen. 3 Pokémon, and although there are some very odd choices down the ladder (Treecko?  What the heck?  And where's gaming's best dancing pineapple?), they did at least get number 1 right.  Best generation for new Pokémon?  Could be.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 3 EmptyThu 22 Aug 2013 - 14:39

Treecko sucks, so does Sceptile. Should've been Mudkip instead! Gen 3 was the best gen.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 3 EmptyFri 23 Aug 2013 - 1:10

I really do not care for Blaziken. Just putting it out there.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 3 EmptyFri 23 Aug 2013 - 1:19

I eventually used Aggron and Flygon in my Black 2 game, they were both class. Sharpedo served me brilliantly in another game, can't remember which. Other than that, mostly rubbish designs. The worst generation for new Pokémon, if you ask me (although I'm not exactly knowledgeable on the subject).
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 3 EmptyFri 23 Aug 2013 - 1:31

Gen IV was much much worse.

I liked Gen III's additions - bar Nosepass. No 
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 3 EmptyFri 23 Aug 2013 - 7:52

Agreed, although Nosepass wasn't the worst the generation had to offer.  There was the imagination-free duo of Plusle and Minun, not to mention this thing...

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 3 301

It looks like it's got a pipecleaner stuffed up its tail. Still a great generation though.

treesmurf11 wrote:
I really do not care for Blaziken. Just putting it out there.
Each to their own: it'd certainly be in my top five from Gen. III, along with Absol, Sableye, Ludicolo, and Spheal.

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 3 363

D'AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 3 EmptyMon 26 Aug 2013 - 8:18

HEY PHILLIPS IS THIS YOU

(I know it's not actually.)

I'd be giving the article a lot more credence if it wasn't for the fact that most people complaining about the lack of games are multiformat gamers who will have bought a lot of the mentioned titles before they became available on the Wii U. Still a decent list, though. Gamers are just spoilt nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 3 EmptyMon 26 Aug 2013 - 8:21

I like the bit on the second page where they say let's not forget about 3DS Laughing Good old relevance!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 3 EmptyMon 26 Aug 2013 - 9:38

As you know I'm a multiformat gamer, but still founded 36 games (including VC) to play on Wii U. There has been a lack of 1st party in till recently and 1st party is the main reason you buy a nintendo console. Same reason why I'm getting a PS4 before a Xbone as I prefer the 1st party games out on the PS4 over the Xbone at launch.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 3 EmptyMon 26 Aug 2013 - 10:15

Balladeer wrote:
HEY PHILLIPS IS THIS YOU

(I know it's not actually.)

I'd be giving the article a lot more credence if it wasn't for the fact that most people complaining about the lack of games are multiformat gamers who will have bought a lot of the mentioned titles before they became available on the Wii U.  Still a decent list, though.  Gamers are just spoilt nowadays.
I agree with what you're saying. Multiplatform gamer or not, the Wii U has still got enough good stuff to have kept just about anybody with an open mind entertained for nine months. Here's my list of games and how I'm getting on with them:

The Wonderful 101 - Underway
Pikmin 3 - Story complete
New Super Luigi U - Underway
Game & Wario - Story complete
Lego City Undercover - Halfway, stopped
Need For Speed Most Wanted U - Story complete
New Super Mario Bros. U - Story complete
ZombiU - Started, stopped
Nintendo Land - Casually revisit
Tekken Tag 2 - Casually revisit
Sonic Transformed - Story complete
Ninja Gaiden III: Razor's Edge - Underway
Assassin's Creed III - Started, stopped
DuckTales: Remastered - Story complete
Little Inferno - Story complete
Chasing Aurora - Stopped

That's a strong list, and clearly too much for me. I'd like to see if the people who say there's nothing out on Wii U have played even half as much as that.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 3 EmptyMon 26 Aug 2013 - 22:06

Why I love Sableye.

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 3 190px-Cassidy_Sableye

Creepy little bugger!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 3 EmptyMon 26 Aug 2013 - 22:07

He was my avatar on Nintendo Gamer, for the short time it lasted. Sad 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next