We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*

Go down 
+18
Fancy Fancy
mandlecreed
Jimbob
Cube
shanks
Dusty Knackers
Admin
Buskalilly
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
beemoh
Athrun888
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 21 EmptyFri 7 Feb 2014 - 0:45

Aye GZ is £20 in asda too, the main story is 2 - 4 hours but it has other side ops to do which have multiple ways to tackle them but what I'm getting at is folk are acting like its a bad game based on the main stories length & that is just wrong.

As an example I recently beat Vanquish in about a total of 6 hours & in that short time it was chock full of great ideas but never outstayed its welcome so if GZ pulls that off in anyway I personally won't have a problem with it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 21 EmptySat 8 Feb 2014 - 9:54

Dam next gen being expensive.

Here's a thought whats happened to game tie ins, I know most suck but there's a few good tie ins like goldeneye, riddick, spider-man 2.

I'm not a huge fan of them but hasn't seem to be a real good one for ages or many where's the RoboCop game for example.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 21 EmptySat 8 Feb 2014 - 10:35

masofdas wrote:
Here's a thought whats happened to game tie ins, I know most suck but there's a few good tie ins like goldeneye, riddick, spider-man 2.

From a film studio POV, they were only ever marketing tools or at best merchandise rather than a product meant to stand on its own two feet- couple that with the fact that nowadays to make a half-decent (mainstream) game you're looking at spending as much as it cost to make the film again, it's easier to go with a mobile or Facebook app.

It doesn't help that a lot of films are adaptations themselves, and either they didn't/couldn't get the rights for a subsequent game adaptation or it's a property in the vein of Marvel/DC and the games would be considered a separate thing.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 21 EmptySat 8 Feb 2014 - 10:47

Yeah it's better for DC to make Arkham City then Dark Knight Rises.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 21 EmptySat 8 Feb 2014 - 11:19

I think The Amazing Spiderman was a pretty good game (mostly) based on a film so I don't see why they couldn't have games based in the cinematic Marvel/DC universes. I'd definitely like to see some good Marvel/DC games now that they're stretching into TV shows and not just films.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 21 EmptySat 8 Feb 2014 - 17:37

I was thinking a Avengers or X-Men game could be good.
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 21 EmptySun 9 Feb 2014 - 21:46

After watching The LEGO Movie yesterday, I walked into my usual restaurant/bar and ordered some food. I then noticed that it was surprisingly busy. And that there were loads of kids. And that everyone had a 3DS out. It was baffling.

I then managed to find out that it was a Pokémon Tournament, so I ate my food quickly and ran.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 21 EmptyMon 10 Feb 2014 - 5:25

Cube wrote:
After watching The LEGO Movie yesterday, I walked into my usual restaurant/bar and ordered some food. I then noticed that it was surprisingly busy. And that there were loads of kids. And that everyone had a 3DS out. It was baffling.

I then managed to find out that it was a Pokémon Tournament, so I ate my food quickly and ran.

"Got away safely!"
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 21 EmptyMon 10 Feb 2014 - 22:51

masofdas wrote:
where's the RoboCop game for example.
Come on, you know that would've been gash.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 21 EmptyWed 12 Feb 2014 - 20:06

Memos. to self:
  1. Do not argue in CVG Article Comments.
  2. Pay no attention to people who still think that "console generation" has anything to do with power.
  3. Pay even less attention to people who think that the same thing was said about the Wii.

Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 21 EmptyThu 13 Feb 2014 - 1:34

Memo to balladeer:

Don't go on the CVG forums at all & you will feel much better.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 21 EmptyThu 13 Feb 2014 - 8:41

Nah, the forum's okay. It's just Article Comments that makes me want to gouge out my own brain.
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 21 EmptyThu 13 Feb 2014 - 16:51

I found that the articles themselves made me want to do that.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 21 EmptyFri 14 Feb 2014 - 5:44

Balladeer wrote:
Nah, the forum's okay.  It's just Article Comments that makes me want to gouge out my own brain.

I disagree, it's just way too clique-y for me.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 21 EmptyFri 14 Feb 2014 - 7:59

Balla, you sound like an abused spouse justifying your partner to your friends.
"No, it's not his fault, I mentioned Knack and I know how he gets"
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 21 EmptyFri 14 Feb 2014 - 9:00

Laughing They do have some funny opinions about Knack.  Don't get the cliqueyness, though - but then I don't go to Off-Topic, and if there is a clique I'm probably a member! Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 21 EmptySun 16 Feb 2014 - 18:39

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 21 Bgna2DFIIAAlQyU
A list I created to help me keep track of the games I'm trying to complete. Home consoles down the right, handheld down the centre and along the left a few games I'm playing on and off at the same time as everything else.
I have a problem of just buying games then not knowing what to play so nothing gets played at all, hopefully this will stop that. I've already beaten the game I put at the top of the list, Metal Gear, so I've made a start.

The sad thing is, I don't have anywhere near this level of organisation for anything important like my finances, my studies, my career, my love life, my social life, my fitness... I just wing it!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 21 EmptySun 16 Feb 2014 - 18:42

Why don't you just set up a backloggery as the whole point of it is to help you finish games.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 21 EmptySun 16 Feb 2014 - 18:46

I did, but it was a bit too much fuss. This was easier and its stuck to the cabinet right by my TV. Ideal!
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 21 EmptySun 16 Feb 2014 - 19:15

Buskalilly wrote:
Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 21 Bgna2DFIIAAlQyU
A list I created to help me keep track of the games I'm trying to complete. Home consoles down the right, handheld down the centre and along the left a few games I'm playing on and off at the same time as everything else.
I have a problem of just buying games then not knowing what to play so nothing gets played at all, hopefully this will stop that. I've already beaten the game I put at the top of the list, Metal Gear, so I've made a start.

The sad thing is, I don't have anywhere near this level of organisation for anything important like my finances, my studies, my career, my love life, my social life, my fitness... I just wing it!

I've done something similar, but I used a white board instead.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 21 EmptyMon 17 Feb 2014 - 10:34

I've just put the eShop releases for this week coming, which are up before IGN, CVG, ONM, Nintendo Life, Nintendo Insider and various others.

I'm number 1 for news.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 21 EmptyMon 17 Feb 2014 - 10:56

ALL HAIL THE GLOW CLOUD MASOFDAS.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 21 EmptyMon 17 Feb 2014 - 15:39

After seeing buska's To do/complete list it made me remember how I sometimes make notes while playing certain games (dark souls & monster hunter being two) to help me through or to achieve certain goals.

Anyone else do this?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 21 EmptyMon 17 Feb 2014 - 17:35

Balladeer wrote:
ALL HAIL THE GLOW CLOUD MASOFDAS.

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 21 XS5LK
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 21 EmptyTue 18 Feb 2014 - 9:21

Man, Mark Gruffalo can stand really, really still!
No, I'm not a big writer of notes for anything, but it would probably help me. I had nothing to revise from back in college.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next