We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc

Go down 
+15
ThorOfAsgard
Jimbob
flora-chan
Treesmurf
Athrun888
ZeroJones
beemoh
Balladeer
Cube
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
shanks
masofdas
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 24 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2019 - 18:07

Wouldn't be shocked if they eventually do. I don't think used Amazon for any sort of shopping for ages.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 24 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2019 - 18:15

Disney are not putting social justice in my bananas thanks

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 24 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2019 - 18:33

Yeah, I'm looking forward to that slate of shows and movies. The new stuff like Eternals and Shang-Chi interest me the most as I know nothing about those characters and it's always fun to see a new world.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 24 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2019 - 21:44

Argle. I liked Scarlet Witch (despite thinking she was bullshit OP and preferring her brother's character), Loki is Loki, and Hawkeye could actually be good in a show where he's not being overshadowed by his co-stars. I'll probably end up ignoring its existence like I have every other streaming service until The Lady showed up with Amazon Prime, but it has at least got me more interested than I initially assumed (which was not at all).
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 24 EmptySat 27 Jul 2019 - 15:56

Can't say there's anything in Phase 4 that interests me.  A prequel for a you-know-what character seems rather pointless, they had a decade to give them their own film and only after they have no presence in the franchise do they think it worth doing.  That's called doing the setup after the payoff, and it rarely ever works well.  Meanwhile a movie being advertised based on the star power, nothing has me tuning out faster than that.  The rest of the movies don't exactly have "watch this" written on them.  

Oh, and don't even get me started on the next "Thor" movie.  Remember the days when that sort of thing was the stuff of parody to make fun of how ridiculous humans can be?  Yeah.  I'd like to go back to that timeline now.  I don't know what they're smoking to think using THE most despised Thor storyline in the comics into a movie is a good idea beyond the same motives that saw the storyline created for said comics.  If this movie works it'll be in spite of its parody-of-a-joke premise because of Waititi being great.  

Actually, I stand corrected, I am mildly interested in Winter Soldier and the Falcon, if only because of it playing Zemo properly and those two characters being properly setup in earlier material.  Might sign up for a month to binge on that.  Civil War had so many things going on and only explored the Tony v Rogers part properly, I'm up for Zemo getting the spotlight he deserves and Bucky/Falcon getting the mantel they've earned.  

What If? also seems like an interesting thing as well, something to keep an eye on.  

Still it seems they've learned nothing about franchise fatigue.  Give us a break with one a year for a while and build up again.  But no, instead it's a year break before pushing content out even faster than during Phase 3 (which at least had the excuse of Thanos to justify the content), and it sounds like just as in the comics we're about to get overly complicated with multiverse crap too.  

I'll be honest, ignoring the Thor announcement my initial reaction to the announcements of Phase 4 was exhaustion (for Thour it was exasperation).  We've had our big story, it's over now, and if a continuation is necessary it needs to be well planned and spaced out appropriately.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 24 EmptySat 27 Jul 2019 - 16:16

I thought people liked the Mighty Thor comic storyline and why their seems to be excitement for the film, more so than any other part from Blade.

Black Widow might be interesting as it looks like it might be bringing in a new Black Widow and Taskmaster (which might be a woman, hope that doesn't up set you).
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 24 EmptySat 27 Jul 2019 - 21:06

I think Athrun made it quite clear that he didn’t want us to take his opinion seriously when he showed he’s still mad at women for ruining Star Wars 😂

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 24 EmptySat 27 Jul 2019 - 21:09

Dam politics ruining everything, next they'll have a LGBT character in Thor.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 24 EmptyWed 31 Jul 2019 - 0:22

Athrun888 wrote:

Actually, I stand corrected, I am mildly interested in Winter Soldier and the Falcon, if only because of it playing Zemo properly and those two characters being properly setup in earlier material.  Might sign up for a month to binge on that.  Civil War had so many things going on and only explored the Tony v Rogers part properly, I'm up for Zemo getting the spotlight he deserves and Bucky/Falcon getting the mantel they've earned.

I don't have any exposure to Zemo from the comics or what have you, but I really liked what they did with him in Civil War. I mean, he won, right? There's only a handful of villains in the MCU who could say that.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 24 EmptyWed 31 Jul 2019 - 2:15

masofdas wrote:
I thought people liked the Mighty Thor comic storyline and why their seems to be excitement for the film, more so than any other part from Blade.

Black Widow might be interesting as it looks like it might be bringing in a new Black Widow and Taskmaster (which might be a woman, hope that doesn't up set you).

The only reasons the choice of Taskmaster would annoy me is it playing up the age-old cliche that the large majority of the time a female superhero gets paired off against a female antagonist of some kind (usually leaving the men to deal with the real threat/male in the process).  Or when that criteria isn't filled the enemy the women get thrown is typically some sort of mook.  Why can't Widow go toe-to-toe with a male peer and win after a gritty brutal showdown?  Sure, there's no real reason the change matters, but at the same time that very same argument applies to the change being made.  It changes nothing, so why do it in the first place?  

With that said Taskmaster is both a fitting and logical choice for Widow, superspys going toe-to-toe is a proven winning formula.  So no, a possible gender-swap for Taskmaster doesn't matter to me either way.

My main issues are both what I said before (the Black Widow is gone, the time for a standalone has gone with her) and also pulling characters from multiverses whenever their original counerpart departs is both going to become an overly convoluted mess very quickly and it also takes the piss out of consequences when they constantly get cheapened.  When the consequences are reversed there needs to be a big price, a different but equal consequence needs to take its place.  

And so, for both of those reasons, Black Widow isn't the instant-ticket sell to me it would have been in a pre-Endgame world.  

As for Thor, maybe you're right.  I tend to stick mostly to Spidey when I read comics, so I haven't read The Mighty Thor run.  I recall the concept being the most hated thing about it (and I stand by that view still.  In fact I think it applies even more to Love and Thunder, because they are very clearly selling the movie based on the brand built by the male because they clearly don't think Valkyrie: Love and Thunder would stand on its own.  Which is ironic because I'd actually totally be down for a Valkyrie-focused entry that was sold entirely on it being the sequel to Ragnarok and being directed by Waititi), with it simply fading from talking circles after being out for a while.  

Crumpy Andy wrote:
*Presses Star Wars button*

Tell me something, which is it that you want?  A articulated set of arguments about the overall many many many failures of the recent Star Wars films, or a simple easy-to-read "it's as stinky as rotting flesh in the middle of a sun-baked carpark during summer" statement that holds no substance but could easily fit in a tweet?

Either way I could literally never bring up political-correctness and still give you a detailed essay about every single failure of that film.  Just look at the Poe arc.  End of the day it's still garbage with the movie trying to say one thing (hothead flyboy don't have no clue what he dang gone done) while showing us that he was correct in every single call he made, all while showing an absolute obliviousness to its own contradiction between theme and plot.  

The motives behind those storytelling choices are, ultimately, irrelevant.  I suspect why they chose the direction they took, and I bring it up because it is a trend that I have yet to see leave a positive mark on any of the movies I have seen, however the result is a contradictive piece of dung masquerading as a story regardless of whether it was their motive or not.  

But by all means continue making the same tired defences people use to attempt to protect modern entertainment from criticism for its worsening quality.  My desire for quality stories in movies and genuinely strong female characters over lipservice makes me the biggest sexist since Trump, clearly.  Rolling Eyes

JayMoyles wrote:
I don't have any exposure to Zemo from the comics or what have you, but I really liked what they did with him in Civil War. I mean, he won, right? There's only a handful of villains in the MCU who could say that.

His role in Civil War was fine, just that from my understanding he had more to offer than a sideline figure that simply nudged events a little from the background.  Civil War was crammed enough as it is, I don't hold it against the movie in the slightest that they decided to cut corners with him for the sake of making a good movie, I'm just glad he's getting another chance.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 24 EmptySat 3 Aug 2019 - 9:02

Athrun888 wrote:
Crumpy Andy wrote:
*Presses Star Wars button*

DAMN IT ANDY Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 24 EmptySat 3 Aug 2019 - 9:19

Looks like my decision is paying off dividends, then.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 24 EmptyMon 5 Aug 2019 - 0:49

Responding to someone after blocking them defeats the point of blocking them in the first place.  And here I was hoping that 'alilly' would simply bugger off after ignoring me, but no, that pot of steaming excrement needs stirring!  Rolling Eyes

If 'alilly' and Andy want to actually debate and have a discourse I'm more than happy to do so (and all without insulting them, although I can do that if they truly want it), but if all the pair have to offer is childish insults because somebody on this planet has a different view on things than they do then do the mature thing and stop deliberately trying to incite responses through "you're wrong!" type remarks and literal personal insults.  

However I'm more than happy to go "agree to disagree" and move on as well.  I've already done just that with Doctor Who, and have no plans to see the next Star Wars film nor subsequently engage in discussions of it (there are actual good .  I will, however, always defend my views on something.  The last two times things devolved into a Star Wars thing both 'alilly" and Andy specifically brought it up, while also using nothing but ad hominem (presumably because both had no real arguments to counter my points).  

TLDR: don't want long posts explaining my views point-by-point?  Don't engage in ad hominem and arguments devoid of substance.  Don't have the ability to read a detailed post with views you dislike?  Learn to skimread.    

Now if you'll excuse me I've wasted enough of my day making a post more well-mannered than either person deserves, I've got actual interesting things to be doing.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 24 EmptyMon 5 Aug 2019 - 6:00

Mate, I don’t even care if you want to harbour these views. Nothing I say is going to change how you feel about it. It’s just super tedious seeing a million word post on a subject we all disagree with you on. You’re not convincing anyone, you’re not winning, you’re just spreading hate for the sake of it. At least when Mas bangs on about hating BotW he makes it short (though it is equally as tedious). We’re not suddenly going to forget how you feel, we don’t need to hear it.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 24 EmptyMon 5 Aug 2019 - 6:54

I also try not to, if I do it's in relation to something else such as

Like how I'm excited about Link's Awakening and Andy might ask why, well it's due to not liking BotW, not suddenly saying all Zelda's are going to suck.

In the same case Mighty Thor might have been a bad comic (I don't know if it is) but the last film was good.

Where you do seem to be it all sucks no matter what.

I'm not totally going to ignore you as I reckon you will have some interesting thoughts on Fire Emblem, Dragon Quest etc
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 24 EmptyMon 5 Aug 2019 - 20:43

Ah, didn't mean to make a big 'thing' out of it. Aww! While I do think Athers has in the past made posts on this topic where their enthusiasm and length was (in my humble unsubtle and not-as-good-as-Zero's opinion) a bit much considering, that wasn't one of them.  I was just playing it up for comic effect.  I do that sometimes.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 24 EmptyTue 6 Aug 2019 - 0:31

Rewatched Spiderverse over the weekend. Whilst it wasn't as visually arresting as seeing it in the cinema, that film is still a 10/10 banger. I think it might just have been my favourite film from last year.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 24 EmptyTue 6 Aug 2019 - 5:19

Crumpy Andy wrote:
you’re not winning,

Such a small sentence, and yet such a loaded statement.  You do not want discourse, or an exchange of differing ideas and views, and anybody that has them is some sort of opponent to be defeated.  Their views disregarded as those of a lesser being.  

You claim I'm the one spreading hate and negativity, and yet you are the one who name-calls and insults.  Just like how a Certain Other Person's only input in a topic was essentially a "haha I've got this person blocked, bet my saying so where they'll see it will really anger them!  Aren't I super mature and awesome!", a post that served, again, only to contribute spite and hatred (and provided a great example of why I don't block people even when I utterly despise them, you never know when you'll miss important context when you cut out your own eyes).

I could list almost a dozen instances over the years where I've thoroughly discussed things with others and, by the end of things, come to hold different views on the matter.  And I could name far more than that where the simple act of engaging in a thorough debate about something brought me a greater appreciation of the thing being debated.  

I'm not going to mince words.  Everything I've heard about Game of Thrones season 8 sounds like it is a poorly constructed piece of crap.  However during the ensuing argument/debate Muss brought up some great points.  Did they change my ultimate view of the season?  No.  However they were interesting to read, gave me some food for thought, and so when GRRM the other week stated the books ending would not differ as much from the show's as people might believe I looked back on what Muss had to say and thought to myself "yeah, they might not, and that might not be a bad thing either".  

But no, to you debates and discussions are "spreading hate" and things to be "won", to the point where you cannot even see someone with a view that differs from your own without having to attempt to publicly degrade them.  Explain this: why did you even bother making your first post in the first place?

In your own words you have no time for me, or anybody that thinks critically.  So what, pray tell, did you think hurling childish 'ism' insults at me would accomplish besides a derailment of the original topic?  Was it to try and provoke me into behaviour that would get me banned?  Or, like that Certain Person, just to show pettiness and spite?  

And it's here, five drafts later I ask myself "why did I bother on someone so clearly a lost cause?   Do I hope that continuing to try and use reason will make them somehow rational?"  Because if I'm going to say something more on this and deign Andy even one second more of my time it might as well be a complete one, sometimes the catharsis of offloading ones complete thoughts makes moving on easier. And with that I'm done.

And yes, Spiderverse is amazing.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 24 EmptyThu 22 Aug 2019 - 11:00

RIP Cinema Spider-Man. I'm sure everyone is aware that Sony has pulled out of the deal with Marvel/Disney at this point.

Oh, but that isn't why I'm saying RIP. No, it's because now Tom Rothman is in the drivers seat, and... Well, just give this short rundown of decisions regarding pop movies, particularly superhero flicks a look. The guy is literally poison to superhero movies.

A lot of the worst superhero movies in history owe their awfulness to the guy. And now he's in the driving seat for Spiderman movies. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 24 EmptyThu 22 Aug 2019 - 11:07

You can look at as Sony being greedy wanting the current deal still but they're someone who said no to Disney

Or you can look at it as Disney wanting yet more but the films have been a success.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 24 EmptyThu 22 Aug 2019 - 11:38

Last I heard the negotiations were still ongoing.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 24 EmptyThu 22 Aug 2019 - 22:36

You've got to imagine that they'll reach a decision. Sony know that having Spidey in the MCU is a lucrative deal and Disney/Marvel have wrote themselves into a corner with how Spidey seems to be positioned to be one of, if not the biggest face of the Avengers moving forwards. Still, bad news for MCU fans if this doesn't pan out.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 24 EmptySat 24 Aug 2019 - 11:59

I'm actually on Sony's side when it comes to their saying no to Disney taking a large cut of the profits from MCU Spidey films.  They already get everything relating to Spidey outside the actual films (and presumably games), if rumours are to be believed Disney said they wanted a 50/50 split as a minimum, which considering the larger picture is extremely greedy for a deal that already generates more money for them than it does Sony.  

I think the MCU will be fine without Spidey though.  Having him around is neat, but it's got the X-Men and Fantastic Four to play around with now. And he can easily be written out, especially with what I've heard about FFH's ending, a casual line of lying low is all it'd take.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 24 EmptySat 24 Aug 2019 - 22:04

Disney today announced Ms Marvel, Moon Knight, She Hulk shows for Disney Plus along with things like Ewan McGregor coming back to play Obi Wan Kenobi in a show.

The What if? Series will have a Marvel Zombies at some point.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 24 EmptySun 25 Aug 2019 - 5:02

The best thing about the Spider-Man thing is that if it weren't for Disney's own lobbying, a lot of these Marvel characters might be entering the public domain right around now.

Fuck Disney, Fuck Sony, Fuck Capitalism, Burn Down The World.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc
Page 24 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next