We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread

Go down 
+19
Admin
Vidofnir
oldschool
Dusty Knackers
Cube
ZeroJones
Rum
Treesmurf
Sylveon
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
Gogoata
shanks
JayMoyles
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
beemoh
Buskalilly
masofdas
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 21 EmptySun 12 Feb 2017 - 20:47

You could have a angry Scotsmen after you.
Back to top Go down
Solve My Maze
Wii U Port
Solve My Maze

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon 13 Feb 2017 - 18:25

masofdas wrote:
You could have a angry Scotsmen after you.
Irn Bru should appease him.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon 13 Feb 2017 - 21:23

Good luck Mas, and... maybe Drunka?

This isn't really a romantic mishap per se, but... you know the 'other woman' who was into me when I got with my current girlfriend? Things have only got worse. She messaged me to say that she'd found a boy of her own on Saturday. Upon asking whether that meant she'd consider, maybe, in the future, sharing a room with my girlfriend again, she spewed a massive load of ill-informed vitriol that Trump's staff would have been proud of.

Long story short, it looks like I'm quitting my job in the London NaNoWriMo team this year. I can't work with her any more.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon 13 Feb 2017 - 21:25

Bloody hell! Unpleasant.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon 13 Feb 2017 - 21:26

Women huh especially if she's now found herself a boyfriend.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon 13 Feb 2017 - 21:34

Come on, man.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon 13 Feb 2017 - 21:39

Okay not all women.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon 13 Feb 2017 - 21:40

Or even most women. Most of my (offline) best friends are women. But I can't stand this one any more. Much like I can't stand some men.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon 13 Feb 2017 - 21:43

It was meant as a bit of lad pub like #bantz, sorry if you took it the wrong way guys.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon 13 Feb 2017 - 21:47

Maybe so, but that's why I really don't like the original meaning of 'banter'. Most of the times I've heard it used, it seems to be some prejudiced subgroup (mostly women) being mocked, with that word being the excuse in and of itself. Offended? It's only banter love! Calm down! Rolling Eyes

That's the difference, as I see it, between banter and #bantz. When we refer to #bantz, I like to think we're taking the piss out of the concept of 'banter'. Partly by being actually funny.

Fair enough if you didn't mean any offence by it, hope this has helped put it into context (or what I see as context anyway).
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon 13 Feb 2017 - 21:51

We're doing subgroups at work at the moment. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon 13 Feb 2017 - 21:52

Sure and I think as a small group things like that shouldn't be taken to serious on here.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon 13 Feb 2017 - 22:03

Completely disagree, I'm afraid.  We can't change the world, but we can change small parts of it.  And if we change enough small parts of it, well.  

Last edited by Balladeer on Mon 13 Feb 2017 - 22:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon 13 Feb 2017 - 22:08

I think it was me who dragged #bantz into the GNamer lexicon. It was one of those things I started saying to take the mick but then I did it so much the line between what I was doing and what I was parodying blurred.

I am more on Balla's side than Mas's here, though I can see both.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2017 - 17:09

Would I say that to someone I don't know no, but this is thread at it's core is rather intimate and like I said I saw it as were a group of mates together, you've come over and told has about this woman and then one us has gone women huh, I reckon if it wasn't me it be Andy, he seems the sort.

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 14 Feb 2017 - 18:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2017 - 17:56

Naa mate, I may joke around with Jess, but I wouldn't be like that Laughing
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2017 - 22:09

masofdas wrote:
I reckon if it wasn't me it be Andy, he seems the sort.

He does - why do you think he goes by andyman on Twitter? Big ol' chauvinist, that Crump. The things he comes out with when playing Overwatch honestly make me feel a bit sick, but I have to put up with it because he's not bad at Mei and Pharah and we need a DPS player.

THESE ARE ALL ONLY ALLEGATIONS, DON'T SUE
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2017 - 22:14

Crumpy Andy wrote:
Naa mate, I may joke around with Jess, but I wouldn't be like that Laughing

I honestly read this as 'I may joke around with Jesus.' Big old sexist bastard, Jesus.

'And at the Last Supper Jesus took the cup, and did pass it to Paul, his most trusted disciple; and did say unto him, "Women, eh."' (Luke 3:16)

And cue The Christ...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2017 - 22:19

Balladeer wrote:
(Luke 3:16)

And cue Stone Cold Steve Drunka...
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed 15 Feb 2017 - 6:31

On topic

I've been talking to this woman for a good week and yesterday was Valentines, that if I'm ever going to ask her then that might of been the best time to do it.

I send message and no reply Sad and I know she's seen it, I sooner she just said no then nothing.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed 15 Feb 2017 - 6:43

Off topic, is there anything worse than read receipts? As someone who is practically constantly on edge in any social situation, seeing that someone has read and then not replied is a nightmare. Mind you, now that I'm half way through this post I've realised that it not being read also fills me with another kind of dread, so I'm screwed either way Applause
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed 15 Feb 2017 - 7:38

I've taught myself to wait for an agony-filled day and then do my best to forget it. Really hard to do to start with!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed 15 Feb 2017 - 7:45

Why can't all people reply immediately? It's not that hard Mad
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed 15 Feb 2017 - 15:28

I'm someone who hates the feeling of waiting for a reply, but I'm also someone who takes ages to reply! I just have a wondering mind. I have all the intention in the world of writing back, but I take a second to think about what to put, get distracted by something else, then forget.

Also, when texting people who are themselves slow to reply, I sometimes make a deliberate effort to match their pace.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed 15 Feb 2017 - 15:33

Ugh, but that drags the conversation out even more, horrible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread
Page 21 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next