We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)

Go down 
+10
mandlecreed
JayMoyles
fronkhead
beemoh
masofdas
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Axis1500
ZeroJones
Balladeer
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 4 EmptyMon 10 Nov 2014 - 18:38

It's still a challenge but it isn't NES mega man hard & the checkpoint system helps a lot with this, you don't have to memorise levels either for the majority of the game though there was one level late on where I had to do this due to a certain annoying enemy type but even that was only in one section of the level.

The bosses are great & you pick up their moves pretty quickly so I didn't find them frustrating in fact there were only two or three that I didn't beat first time.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 4 EmptyMon 10 Nov 2014 - 22:39

Speak for yourself. Sodding Spectre Knight... DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 4 EmptyMon 10 Nov 2014 - 22:44

Well that's me sold, then. I'll probably pick this up a bit later, just got too much to play on my plate right now.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 4 EmptyTue 11 Nov 2014 - 2:13

Balladeer wrote:
Speak for yourself.  Sodding Spectre Knight... DAMN YOU!

He was one that got me more than once & I think his stage is technically the second one but I done him first which probably wasn't the best idea.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 4 EmptyThu 13 Nov 2014 - 15:45

I downloaded a yesterday as it would give me the points for a £5 voucher which I've to get mario kart 8 season pass.

I only had time for the first level but seems really good, I don't know when I will play it gain though as I do want to play & finish some other games first.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 4 EmptyWed 19 Nov 2014 - 17:51

So I tried my first speed run with this earlier and finished with a time of 2 hours 42 minutes 11 seconds (40 deaths) the stage that gave me the most trouble was propeller knight with it's blowing wind bullshit!

If I want that hurry! feat then I'll have to somehow cut off over an hour and twelve minutes, I wonder if a NG+ run could help as I wouldn't have to worry about collecting relics though the drawback would be the tougher enemies.

Game is still superb! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 4 EmptyThu 20 Nov 2014 - 19:02

The game is hovering just outside of the 'game I'm currently playing' zone. After conquering the almighty EarthBound, I'm drawn to DKC3 ahead of Shovel Knight, which seems wrong, somehow. Perhaps what's needed is just sitting down with it for a couple of hours and just playing...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 4 EmptyThu 20 Nov 2014 - 20:20

It's a game I've enjoyed playing when I actually get into it, but one that I feel I need to devote some time and effort to. As a result, I haven't picked it up so much, giving me less of a chance to get into it. Its time will come, I'm sure: I have lots of long bus journeys at the moment.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 4 EmptyThu 20 Nov 2014 - 22:28

ZeroJones wrote:
The game is hovering just outside of the 'game I'm currently playing' zone. After conquering the almighty EarthBound, I'm drawn to DKC3 ahead of Shovel Knight, which seems wrong, somehow. Perhaps what's needed is just sitting down with it for a couple of hours and just playing...

You should be drawn to Bayo 1 & 2 Naughty

SK is now my Wii U game to play before I get on SMASH but I think will be playing DR:I though during the wait for SMASH.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 4 EmptyFri 21 Nov 2014 - 6:24

The power of save states in VC games gives them the edge; I never know how long an SK level is going to take. That said, last night I defeated Spectre Knight. That was a great battle.

DIGRESSION ALERT: There should be an Iwata Knight. The pun potential is good.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 4 EmptyFri 21 Nov 2014 - 8:30

That just makes me think of a rising tide of eyeballs. No
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 4 EmptySun 23 Nov 2014 - 7:51

To finally answer the question of the post title: yes, I can dig it. The game is an incredible achievement for a small studio, and a real advert for what can be achieved through Kickstarter. Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 4 EmptyTue 25 Nov 2014 - 11:05

The_Jaster wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
Speak for yourself.  Sodding Spectre Knight... DAMN YOU!

He was one that got me more than once & I think his stage is technically the second one but I done him first which probably wasn't the best idea.

I had problems with him as well last night when I started the game much to Andy's annoyance, I've a got while still to go but have enjoyed it so far.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 4 EmptyTue 30 Dec 2014 - 17:32

This is on sale on Thursday, down to £9 from £13. I'll probably pick it up at that price. At the moment I really like indie games which are just games through and through (like PIX the CAT), so I am looking forward to getting stuck in with this.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 4 EmptyFri 2 Jan 2015 - 7:44

Oh, it's a game alright! A high quality one, at that. Your Twitter feed indicated that you may not have picked it up - it's highly recommended and you should do so. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 4 EmptySun 4 Jan 2015 - 22:44

I really can't afford it at the moment, so I had to pass on it.

I'll be happy to pay £13 or so for it once I have more money, though. Soon (hopefully)!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 4 EmptyMon 5 Jan 2015 - 9:32

Aye I don't regret paying full price for it one bit.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 4 EmptyMon 5 Jan 2015 - 18:39

Absolutely loving this so far. One comment I haven't seen mentioned, though: I'm finding the need to press down to pogo to be a little tricky to get used to. I understand why this had to be, though, as the mechanic in DuckTales and DuckTales 2 didn't require the use of an of an aerial offensive attack assigned to what would otherwise have been the pogo button.

I'm playing the 3DS version, by the way. Am I the only one here? The use of 3D is absolutely outstanding.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 4 EmptyMon 5 Jan 2015 - 18:45

Might've been my Wii U playing but certainly wasn't a problem for me. It was my first game with a pogo though, so there is no confusion from that either.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 4 EmptyMon 5 Jan 2015 - 19:00

I thought it was most likely to be me to blame over the game. I'll get my head round it eventually, it just feels like pressing down whilst moving forward seems a bit odd when you think about it. That's a tiny, tiny niggle though. Everything else about this game is superb.

Is there any major reward for saving Shield Knight in the dream sequences, by the way? I cacked it up on level three because I got bogged down by the influx of mobs.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 4 EmptyMon 5 Jan 2015 - 19:03

I didn't know you could...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 4 EmptyMon 5 Jan 2015 - 19:06

Well I managed it in the first dream after the "Save her" prompt. Just jump into her (and possibly slap the attack button, not sure about that though).
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 4 EmptyMon 5 Jan 2015 - 19:47

There's no reward for catching Shield Knight, sadly. It'd be great if there were - an achievement, or the like.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 4 EmptyMon 5 Jan 2015 - 23:47

Ah well. It does make for a nice end to some of the levels. I do like the campfire setting after you've trounced a boss.

The Mega Man vibes this game gives off are off the charts. Grin
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 4 EmptyTue 6 Jan 2015 - 10:00

Glad to hear you are enjoying it Stu, do you think the pogo issue might be down to the d-pad? I think the wii U's is far better than a 3ds's so moves are easier to pull off.

Stu wrote:
Is there any major reward for saving Shield Knight in the dream sequences, by the way? I cacked it up on level three because I got bogged down by the influx of mobs.

It changes the dream from being a good or bad one. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next