We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread

Go down 
+9
Jimbob
Rum
Vidofnir
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
masofdas
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 15 EmptySat 18 Jul 2015 - 20:09

Drunkalilly wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:

For me, it was Seath.
Laughing Laughing Laughing have you listened to the podcast yet mate?

The latest GNamer podcast? Not yet - was going to sit down and edit it tomorrow. I guess I'm going to be mad salty listening to it then. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 15 EmptyMon 20 Jul 2015 - 16:46

Double post - you bugger, Drunka, taking out the boss I had the most trouble with during the bloody podcast. Laughing

What weapon were you using, out of interest?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 15 EmptyMon 20 Jul 2015 - 17:27

Cursed Greatsword of Artorias. I picked it because I wanted to honour Sif and it ended up being an absolute beast of a weapon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 15 EmptyMon 20 Jul 2015 - 18:30

I got the Bloodborne Plat yesterday so my eyes are turning back to Dark Souls. Might fire it up tonight if I get a chance, exciting!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 15 EmptyWed 22 Jul 2015 - 17:50

Yes! Get involved Andy.

In other news, Tamoor Hussein of Chat Very Good fame is currently uploading youtube videos of him watching his little brother play through DS for the first time. If you like their #bantz and seeing someone play through Souls for the first time, I recommend but in particular anyone into Dark Souls should check out episode two. Be breaks every rule! Watching him dash about brazenly rolling song cliff edges made my skin crawl. The worst part is how well he does.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 15 EmptyWed 22 Jul 2015 - 18:10

I did fire it up and I rang the first bell last night. Was really struggling with my crappy axe but since getting the drake sword I'm kind of the Undead lands. Having a bit of pyromancy is pretty good though innit? Not something I've tried before but it's awesome for destroying the nasty things.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 15 EmptyWed 22 Jul 2015 - 19:04

I think on one playthrough I had a little heal miracle but other than that I didn't really touch the magic and pyromancy and that.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 15 EmptyWed 22 Jul 2015 - 19:24

Pyromancy became pretty vital for me against certain enemies in fact I don't think I would have beat certain sections of both souls games without it.

@andy - are you getting any controls mixed up because of Bloodborne? The big one being that triangle is to 2 hand a weapon and not heal.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 15 EmptyWed 22 Jul 2015 - 20:45

The healing has been fine, it's the lack of special lock on dodge that's getting me, plus the lack of healing on hitting.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 15 EmptyThu 23 Jul 2015 - 22:17

Finally sort of caught up to my old file today and am thoroughly lost in Blighttown, ended up in a poison swamp with no estus left. Probably should have just gone through the mist...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 15 EmptyFri 24 Jul 2015 - 7:33

There's a bonfire near to the poison swamp, so you should be fine!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 15 EmptyFri 24 Jul 2015 - 8:00

I think dropping down at the fog gate was probably where I went wrong, couldn't resist that shiny below me though.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 15 EmptyFri 24 Jul 2015 - 22:44

Turns out dropping down was not an issue, I just went the wrong way. Queelag down, on to Sen's gaff.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 15 EmptyFri 24 Jul 2015 - 22:46

Top work! Did you use Mildred at all? Quelaag is the first boss I could never beat without assistance
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 15 EmptyFri 24 Jul 2015 - 23:30

I am not familiar with this Mildred. I just did a ton or running around behind her and hitting her in the bum. Was definitely the toughest fight I've had so far. Did have a quick wander around the next area but Ceaseless Discharge killed me in one hit so I went for Sen's.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 15 EmptyFri 24 Jul 2015 - 23:31

Mildred is just the NPC you can summon there. Don't know what it was about Quelaag but she just did my nut in.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 15 EmptyFri 24 Jul 2015 - 23:52

andyman949 wrote:
I am not familiar with this Mildred. I just did a ton or running around behind her and hitting her in the bum. Was definitely the toughest fight I've had so far. Did have a quick wander around the next area but Ceaseless Discharge killed me in one hit so I went for Sen's.

Don't worry about the next area yet - no need to go there until way later in the game.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 15 EmptySat 25 Jul 2015 - 22:33

Iron Golem, more like Iron Joker. What a piece of piss!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 15 EmptyTue 28 Jul 2015 - 20:33

Got to Ornstein and Smough today, ouch! After many bad starts I destroyed Smough, Ornstein on the other hand...
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 15 EmptyTue 28 Jul 2015 - 22:45

For me this was the last truly hard fight of the game. I'd definitely recommend getting Solaire involved.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 15 EmptyTue 28 Jul 2015 - 23:29

The problem with that is I'm super stingy with my items including Humanity so if I/Solaire die I'll be gutted Laughing Also I've been sprinting through the room with the giants because it takes far too long to fight them. I'll see how I do next time with a fresher mind. Smough is a piece of piss once I get the hang of it, will just take a bit of good dodging to get Ornstein.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 15 EmptyWed 29 Jul 2015 - 12:38

Here's a tip for when it's only Ornstein left, try and stay as close to him as much as possible.

---

Since I've got no other games to be playing (or ones I don't want to start right now) I've been back on DSII hunting down the remaining miracles, sorceries & pyromancies I need. (3 to go on each of them)

My return to the game wasn't the best initially (my first death was from falling into a pit in the dark chasm) as I had left it with Darklurker still undefeated and after playing bloodborne the combat felt really slow but after a handful of deaths and a very annoying invasion on the way to the boss I finally beat it with a suggested pyro strategy.

Sunny

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 15 EmptyWed 29 Jul 2015 - 15:13

Yeah, I found the Darklurker bloody brutal before switching to Pyromancy - I used Chaos Storm to take him out.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 15 EmptyWed 29 Jul 2015 - 15:23

Aye mine was a combo of that and a few Flame swathes, I didn't kill him before he split though so I had to run around like a maniac waiting for a time to swipe with my Halberd..........Oh I also had a tough time when invading Licia of Lindelt thought this was because my Majula is NG +4
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 15 EmptyMon 3 Aug 2015 - 22:28

For those still interested in my progress I have now finished the game. Ornstein & Smough are a definite low point as far as I'm concerned as I did feel pretty cheated pretty often but nothing else put up too much resistance.

Started NG+ and it's not too bad so far. It's odd how hard the average dudes hit but nothing has been too bad so far, though I am just heading to the depths so we'll see how Quelaag treats me (especially as my best weapon is the Furysword.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread
Page 15 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 33  Next