We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread

Go down 
+9
Jimbob
Rum
Vidofnir
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
masofdas
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 16 EmptyMon 3 Aug 2015 - 22:39

andyman949 wrote:
Ornstein & Smough are a definite low point as far as I'm concerned as I did feel pretty cheated pretty often but nothing else put up too much resistance.

O+S were absolutely a high point for me. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 16 EmptyMon 3 Aug 2015 - 22:50

There were just so many issues with it for me. I really hated Ornstein's ability to attack through Smough. It just felt unfair at times!
Dreading them on NG+, though hopefully tackling Super Smough will make life easier.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 16 EmptyMon 3 Aug 2015 - 23:10

It's infamously difficult, sure, but I don't think it's an unfair fight. Even the numbers advantage is designed to mitigated with Solaire's summon sign being so close by.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 16 EmptyTue 4 Aug 2015 - 7:41

I found Solaire alone just made it harder, he was a useless prick in the fight for me other than occasionally distracting Ornstein before dying very quickly, not to mention the amount of invaders in that corridor... There were just so many moments when repeating that I simply don't think I could've reacted to.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 16 EmptyTue 4 Aug 2015 - 11:06

Odd, as most folks say Solaire was a huge help (he was for me as well, MVP for sure).
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 16 EmptyTue 4 Aug 2015 - 16:26

DARK SOULS III GAMEPLAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7REpuaSbrBQ
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 16 EmptyTue 4 Aug 2015 - 16:40

Looked bloody snazzy didn't it? Well up for that.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 16 EmptyTue 4 Aug 2015 - 16:55

Aye, as I said on twitter the combat definitely looked much quicker than previous DS games but not quite Bloodborne quick which I'm fine with.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 16 EmptyTue 4 Aug 2015 - 19:07

The giant skeleton freaked the shit out of me. Laughing

Looks good!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 16 EmptyWed 5 Aug 2015 - 17:03

VaatiVidya threw up a quick points of interest piece of the trailer.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s281/sh/8f87187d-f7f2-4499-b5f2-23896168dec5/7a8ceab2d8741593

Expect lots of previews going up today though as folk who have played it are now allowed to talk about.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 16 EmptyWed 5 Aug 2015 - 23:08

The_Jaster wrote:
DARK SOULS III GAMEPLAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7REpuaSbrBQ

Yaaaay!

Having finally finished Skyrim* I'm going to be back on the original Souls. Ornstein and Smough sounds like an insurance company - I'm sure they'll be a piece of piss to deal with  Grin

*Actually, on that...:
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 16 EmptyThu 6 Aug 2015 - 8:44

Ornstein and Smough were a tough fight, but they didn't feel unfair or frustrating. They were last difficult fight for me, so I actually look back on them quite fondly.

Haven't seen much DSIII stuff yet (still have II to play) but I'll have a watch when I get home.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 16 EmptyThu 6 Aug 2015 - 13:01

I gave them a decent kicking on NG+ last night. Beating Ornstein first is definitely way easier, I imagine if you have a decent lightning shield Smough phase 2 would be a total joke.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 16 EmptySun 9 Aug 2015 - 8:40

Guys guys guys guys guys - can I ask some n00by questions? I know Dark Souls is about the mystery and all that, but having played DS2 first, I didn't originally appreciate the differences in the mechanics between the first two games. It's also a couple of months between completing the tutorial and getting rammed by a giant pig in the Undead Parish. So I have three four questions that I would ask, not to spoil the secrets, but because I keep forgetting I'm not playing DLC to DS2:

1) In DS2, you use the effigies to get your humanity back. Am I right in thinking that the counter in the top left is the humanity meter, and using one of these up at a bonfire will make me human again? I want to double-check this due to the object that is called "Humanity", which gives me a humanity, which I guess is this counter... yes?
2) That number goes up... when? Before I cocked up and lost my green blob of soulness, I was up to about 7, but I can't think of 7 specific things I did that made this happen.
3) In DS2, the price for repeated failure while hollow was the shortening of the energy bar. This doesn't seem to be the case in DS1, so, ignoring online/summony things, what's the advantage of being a human again?
4) Do the enemy doods disappear after so many kills, like in DS2?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 16 EmptySun 9 Aug 2015 - 9:10

1) Yes
2) There's a couple of triggers, I think the main one that makes it go up at random is killing enemies in an area that you haven't killed the boss in yet
3) Just summoning I think, if you have 10 soft humanities you get an item drop and damage bonus
4) Nope, the odd big enemy disappears but the random lil dudes hang around forever.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 16 EmptySun 9 Aug 2015 - 17:58

Cheers Mr. R!
I have since found a big dude that sort-of dissolved, and didn't return. My XBLA has run out, so I'm actually playing offline (I know) but I suppose you still get CPU sommonees, so I might humanise myself for bloody gargoyles. I was doing fine, and then another one turned up. Boo!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 16 EmptySun 9 Aug 2015 - 20:02

You still have to be human for CPU summons.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 16 EmptyMon 10 Aug 2015 - 15:26

The higher your humanity number, the higher the drop rate on items and the higher your resistance to status effects. Also, a couple of weapons scale with humanity. The humanity items only serve to add 1 to your number, but they're best saved until you desperately need to turn human ie for a boss.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 16 EmptyMon 10 Aug 2015 - 20:42

I'm up to the harvest valley on my NG+ run of DSII, to my annoyance I found out that the fragrant branch of yore item is considered a key item & was thus no longer in my inventory. (I had 4 at the end of NG)

I've been killing bosses relatively easy though so it's not all bad & I have found a handy map online so I can keep myself on the right track.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 16 EmptyMon 10 Aug 2015 - 22:21

Did you decide to just skip going down the covenant route for the miracles you need for the trophy?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 16 EmptyMon 10 Aug 2015 - 22:43

I'm properly stuck at Four Kings on my NG+ run. If I deal enough damage to the first guy before he slaughters me number 2 quickly comes in for the kill. This seems like my last hurdle for the plat, but bloody hell it's a tall one. Shame as I want to get cracking with 2!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 16 EmptyMon 10 Aug 2015 - 23:32

Have you absolutely tanked up in a have set with a big bastard of a sword and shield?

Last edited by Drunkalilly on Tue 11 Aug 2015 - 6:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 16 EmptyTue 11 Aug 2015 - 0:09

Aye, what Drunka said. It's probably my least favourite boss fight in the game because the best strategy is tanking them and then out DPSing them. Bleh.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 16 EmptyTue 11 Aug 2015 - 0:19

JayMoyles wrote:
Did you decide to just skip going down the covenant route for the miracles you need for the trophy?

Aye, I had a really bad day on pvp (combo of not winning/not finding enough people to invade) & I didn't want to end up not liking the game because of it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 16 EmptyTue 11 Aug 2015 - 6:41

So I had a proper look at the DS III footage and the Vaati video last night... maaaaan that's looking like a good game! I spoke briefly to Jas about it on twitter, but I'm hoping to smash II and anything else I have unplayed at that point so I can jump in on day one and go to absolute town.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread
Page 16 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 33  Next