We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread

Go down 
+9
Jimbob
Rum
Vidofnir
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
masofdas
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 27 EmptyMon 24 Oct 2016 - 16:54

If you get yourself to level 25 or so & have a 3+ weapon you'll have a decent chance at it.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 27 EmptySat 29 Oct 2016 - 21:51

Oh boy, I said I'd play DSIII day one; I've only just started today, while you lot are all on the DLC. Killed Texas Homebase or whatever his name was, and got to the second bonfire on the wall. Got lost in the Firelink Shrine for about 10 minutes. I'm not sure I should be typing in this topic at all.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 27 EmptySun 30 Oct 2016 - 1:44

Right. Riiiiiiiight.

With the new DLC, I had a new character, with whom I'd left it a bit late starting so she wasn't ready, and my original character, who is level 99 and was finding it a bit easy. I decided I'd get my new character to the bare minimum, then play through the DLC a little at a time with both, so I could experience it at its most challenging but I could still see everything with Lucas even if Lilly hit a brick wall.

Your man Jaster also has a new character, and he got the idea into my head that I should fight
Spoiler:
early to get some good kit and levels. Even though it probably hasn't made that much of a difference to my character, I've dedicated myself to that task for the last few evenings. Tonight, while bopping to the inimitable Nicki Minaj, I conquered this challenge.

I was severely underlevelled. My online play has been no use, so I was solo. But I bloody did it!
Now I'm kitted in some beautiful armour, and I'm happy to say my butt looks even better in it than did the boss'.

Roll on Ashes of Ariandel!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 27 EmptySun 30 Oct 2016 - 17:26

We went out for a family meal last night and they asked me what I want for xmas, I normally say ca$h but saw DSIII for £25 in GAME yesterday and I'm thinking I may ask for it and a few other games this year.

And give the only Souls game, I've not played ago.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 27 EmptyMon 7 Nov 2016 - 18:23

If you've not got on with the others, I can't see DSIII being any different for you Mas. It's definitely the best game in the series mechanically, but the overall gameplay is still the same.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 27 EmptyMon 7 Nov 2016 - 18:32

I started to get on pretty well with DSII in till I did die and your health started to go down each time, I could never recover from the point I was at.

Some reviews did seem to make out its got the easiest start to get going.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 27 EmptyMon 7 Nov 2016 - 19:36

Using a human effigy in DSII restores your health to its maximum, so pop one of those if you found yourself starting to struggle with the lowered health levels. DSIII is easier to an extent - no health lowering upon death, opt-in to invasions rather than always-on - but it's tricker in some aspects too.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 27 EmptyMon 7 Nov 2016 - 19:54

Long since traded in DSII, like I said DSIII is likely only going to go on Christmas list or if I see cheap.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 27 EmptyMon 7 Nov 2016 - 20:47

I think that DS3 is the slicker and most accessible experience, I can see it being enjoyed where the others have failed.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 27 EmptySun 13 Nov 2016 - 23:01

That's probably true. I'm going to say one of the only negative things I'll say about the Souls series: the landscapes do vary and surprise, but there is a lot about the three games that's derivative. I'm powering* throught DS3 at the mo, and I have seen a lot of "equivalent" characters; supposed story aside, that does feel a bit naughty. I've come to the conclusion that your favourite Dark Souls game will probably be the first one you play.

*ha ha ha ha right
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 27 EmptySun 13 Nov 2016 - 23:10

I think that's very true. I've also said many times how the two sequels appear to be trying to replicate Dark Souls, which is a much more original and holistic package. I've not played Bloodborne yet, but I think that does well for being a bit different and I'm hoping FROM's next game will as well.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 27 EmptyMon 14 Nov 2016 - 1:50

Jimbob wrote:
I've come to the conclusion that your favourite Dark Souls game will probably be the first one you play.

I honestly can't pick which I like more out of Dark souls & Bloodborne but I can definitely see why that might be the case for most people
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 27 EmptyThu 8 Dec 2016 - 23:28

I'm still on this; still loving the game, and doing a lot better than the previous two, due to my experience - I can see through the matrix now. Got me 2/5 chairs filled up. Possibly went down a secret way and killed a boss for no real gain. Still frowning a bit at the "Huh?! Huh?! Reference?! Doesn't this room look familiar?!". Those chunky religious birds sound like a good laugh though.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 27 EmptyThu 8 Dec 2016 - 23:33

Jimbob wrote:
Possibly went down a secret way and killed a boss for no real gain. Those chunky religious birds sound like a good laugh though.

Ooh, where did you go?

And I don't know about you, but getting "cleanse the bastard's curse" muttered to me on a night out really gets me going.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 27 EmptyThu 8 Dec 2016 - 23:36

JayMoyles wrote:
And I don't know about you, but getting "cleanse the bastard's curse" muttered to me on a night out really gets me going.

Noted for the next meet
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 27 EmptyFri 9 Dec 2016 - 1:07

Laughing

I will forget about this, and likely piss myself laughing if you somehow remember and bring it up.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 27 EmptyFri 9 Dec 2016 - 20:52

What's especially brilliant is it naturally goes with a hug Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 27 EmptySat 10 Dec 2016 - 12:56

JayMoyles wrote:
Jimbob wrote:
Possibly went down a secret way and killed a boss for no real gain. Those chunky religious birds sound like a good laugh though.

Ooh, where did you go?
Firey lakey bit. I suspect I've just missed something, or it'll be useful later. But I also remember going down the big tree and to the beach in Dark Souls 1. Mad

JayMoyles wrote:
This means like a hand-y or something right?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 27 EmptySat 10 Dec 2016 - 13:15

Jimbob wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:
Jimbob wrote:

Ooh, where did you go?
Firey lakey bit. I suspect I've just missed something, or it'll be useful later. But I also remember going down the big tree and to the beach in Dark Souls 1.  Mad

JayMoyles wrote:
This means like a hand-y or something right?

Did you go inside some ruins? The area is basically done when you reach the big ballista firing at you. It's laid out bizarrely as you can take on the boss right away and skip the whole area itself.

Also, Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 27 EmptySun 11 Dec 2016 - 11:32

Yeah, I cheesed the king with crossbow bolts. I know there's a (from previous experience) mega-useful weapon there.
I have got to the top of the snowy place now:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 27 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2016 - 11:29

We all went through that, buddy. Luckily we didn't have to do the Space Jam again.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 27 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2016 - 15:22

I downloaded Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin over the weekend on PS4. It will be my first Dark Souls game (didn't play Demon's either) and it's a game I want to play properly. Is it worth waiting until I've dusted off some other games I'm playing, or can it be enjoyed as a dip-in-and-out game? Is it level-based a la Ninja Gaiden or open-world? And any tips for new players? (ie. there's a slow start but bear with it...)
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 27 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2016 - 21:34

gjones wrote:
I downloaded Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin over the weekend on PS4. It will be my first Dark Souls game (didn't play Demon's either) and it's a game I want to play properly.
Yay! Another convert Grin
Quote :
Is it worth waiting until I've dusted off some other games I'm playing, or can it be enjoyed as a dip-in-and-out game?
Hmm. There's an argument to be made either way. It's difficult, very in-depth, and you can get lost, but it can be nice to have other things to play when you don't feel up to Soulsing, for reasons I'll get onto.
Quote :
Is it level-based a la Ninja Gaiden or open-world?

It's open world, but that world can be viewed sort of like a wheel with spokes, and each of those spokes plays out like an individual level. The levels feel much more distinct than in any of the other Dark Souls games as in this one you're implied to be travelling further than you actually physically walk as a player.
Quote :
And any tips for new players? (ie. there's a slow start but bear with it...)
Hoo boy. The one you have in your parentheses is very accurate. The game is hard and a little obtuse, as it has been deliberately designed to require co-operation and playground-style discussion. A big part of the experience is being initially baffled and struggling to make progress, but eventually learning the systems and the world until things that initially seemed terrifying and insurmountable eventually become your bitch.
I'll give you some tips, but I'll spoiler them. I recommend giving yourself a couple of hours' play first, then coming back if it's frustrating.

Spoiler:

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask us- that's all part of the fun! On the other hand, when you beat something without help, feel free to brag. That's also part of the fun!

Sunny Praise the sun! Sunny
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 27 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2016 - 22:08

Thanks Drunka! I think I'll dive in to it after I've worked through Tomb Raider. I feel ready for a hardcore action game, no matter how intimidating Dark Souls sounds!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 27 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2016 - 23:13

Brilliant!
I'm really excited to read your thoughts, as I don't think I know anyone who played Dark Souls II first and a lot of criticisms of the game boil down to it not being Dark Souls.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread
Page 27 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33  Next