We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread

Go down 
+9
Jimbob
Rum
Vidofnir
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
masofdas
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 28 EmptyTue 13 Dec 2016 - 1:20

Didn't JimminyBobBob play 2 first?

I genuinely think 2 messes up a lot of what I like about DS and that's why it's firmly related below all other Souls related games for me. I just don't like it much, though I wish you the best of luck anyway Mr g, I just hope you grow to love the series regardless.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 28 EmptyWed 14 Dec 2016 - 20:01

I had a little play on it last night and couldn't get past how slow the combat is. Can your character speed up as he/she levels up? I'm trying to kill the lasses in the cabin at the start and can just about kill one (I know I'm not supposed to tbh). The shield blocking seems to be fiddly too, as in if you block and you're not facing head-on, they hit you anyway.

Is this part of the unlearning of decades of gaming design and learning the Dark Souls way?

Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 28 EmptyWed 14 Dec 2016 - 20:56

Yeah, you actually have to have your shield pointing in the right direction! You can't button-mash either (which I still do near the end of a boss fight). One thing Drunka spoilered, which I think might also be key to your teething problems, and one thing I noticed:
In here:

I did indeed play 2 first; also that was less than 2 years ago I think, so all of my Souls-ery has been compressed.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 28 EmptyWed 14 Dec 2016 - 21:34

Jimbob wrote:
I did indeed play 2 first; also that was less than 2 years ago I think, so all of my Souls-ery has been compressed.
Same! Looking back through this thread, I apparently started the game but bounced off it in very early 2014, but I actually played it properly and completed it in the middle of 2015. Since then, I've played through 2 once, 3 one and a half times and have now nearly completed the original again.

gjones wrote:
I had a little play on it last night and couldn't get past how slow the combat is. Can your character speed up as he/she levels up?
Yeah, that is a thing, and different builds will move slightly differently. Overall, there is often quite a slow and methodical pace to the combat compared to a lot of other games.
Quote :
The shield blocking seems to be fiddly too, as in if you block and you're not facing head-on, they hit you anyway.
Is this part of the unlearning of decades of gaming design and learning the Dark Souls way?
Jimbob wrote:
Yeah, you actually have to have your shield pointing in the right direction! You can't button-mash either (which I still do near the end of a boss fight).

Jimbob sort of explains it, but yeah. If your shield doesn't physically block the attack, the attack will hit you. I've heard it said that in some ways, a person who never plays games will get along with Dark Souls better than a regular gamer. A normal person will naturally avoid fighting multiple enemies, rushing through dangerous and unknown territory, or approaching dragons.

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 28 B2bb90a7cd90b28daa529d24ef75e019
Quote :
Also don't kill the old women WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU

Yeah! There are nice NPCs in this game, dude. . .
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 28 EmptyWed 14 Dec 2016 - 22:23

Lol unless they are mission-critical, I'll kill anything I can in an open-world game. This has actually ruined Fallout: New Vegas for me as I can't go anywhere without being pursued by bounty hunters.

OK, I think I'll leave the old girls alone and have a wander.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 28 EmptyThu 15 Dec 2016 - 17:19

gjones wrote:
Lol unless they are mission-critical, I'll kill anything I can in an open-world game. This has actually ruined Fallout: New Vegas for me as I can't go anywhere without being pursued by bounty hunters.

OK, I think I'll leave the old girls alone and have a wander.

Certain NPC's can certainly be considered important & some have certain quest lines which can get you nice equipment when completed, though I do remember DaS II had a fall back for important NPC's where you could resurrect them for an X amount of Souls if you had killed them.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 28 EmptyThu 15 Dec 2016 - 18:45

If it were the original Dark Souls, I don't think I could keep talking to a man who callously murdered Solaire, Seigmeyer and the rest. Dark Souls II has many more NPCs but it also has Luchatiel, who might be my favourite.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 28 EmptyFri 16 Dec 2016 - 16:18

I'm giving the series yet another go with Dark Souls III which I just picked up.

Bloodborne almost clicked and DSII I was enjoying in-till I got to the point where had like no health and couldn't seem to heal back up, then I was just getting frustrated.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 28 EmptyFri 16 Dec 2016 - 19:10

masofdas wrote:
I'm giving the series yet another go with Dark Souls III which I just picked up.

Bloodborne almost clicked and DSII I was enjoying in-till I got to the point where had like no health and couldn't seem to heal back up, then I was just getting frustrated.  

Oh mas, if Bloodborne didn't click (the most accessible of the souls-like games) then I'd be quite surprised if DaS III does, also I'm pretty sure you were told how to sort your overall health situation in two.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 28 EmptyFri 16 Dec 2016 - 19:28

I thought for £20 was having a bash at DSIII, I was told how to heal in DSII after I traded it in.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 28 EmptySat 17 Dec 2016 - 19:36

The_Jaster wrote:
masofdas wrote:

Oh mas, if Bloodborne didn't click (the most accessible of the souls-like games) then I'd be quite surprised if DaS III does, also I'm pretty sure you were told how to sort your overall health situation in two.  

In all fairness, I got mixed up briefly in DSII - I burnt it rather than used it Embarrassed . But then I Googled it and realised I was the buffoon.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 28 EmptySat 17 Dec 2016 - 21:49

Yeah, I guess I probably done some silly things in my first souls game too when trying to figure out all the mechanics, though the menus and such in DaS II were much much better than in DaS.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 28 EmptySat 17 Dec 2016 - 22:33

Played a little bit last night, only up to the first boss really early in what I would call the training grounds. I found myself dealing with the regular enemies easily but having to have a few goes against the boss but much prefer dying and coming back to a bonfire with 3 full flasks and health to tackle the world again, instead of what DSII was trying.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 28 EmptySun 18 Dec 2016 - 10:21

Good luck mas - good luck.

Given that you're prior to my location, I'll keep my current situation in spoilers
I'll try and avoid spoilers, but:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 28 EmptySun 18 Dec 2016 - 16:44

Solution to Jim's problem:
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 28 EmptySun 18 Dec 2016 - 23:48

Drunkalilly wrote:
Solution to Jim's problem:
Suspect
I'm really bad at these. I swear I went everywhere, and didn't see
Spoiler:
anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 28 EmptySun 18 Dec 2016 - 23:49

That's a shame. I didn't find him for this bit on my first playthrough either.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 28 EmptyMon 19 Dec 2016 - 21:26

I know I shouldn't do this, and I wouldn't normally - but I looked up on the Wiki, to see if I missed a step. Uh... yes. Yes I did.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 28 EmptyMon 19 Dec 2016 - 23:04

I think I know what step you've missed too. Laughing

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 28 EmptyTue 20 Dec 2016 - 23:00

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 28 EmptyWed 21 Dec 2016 - 1:59

Jimbob wrote:
Spoiler:

More spoiler talk.:
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 28 EmptyMon 2 Jan 2017 - 12:26

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 28 EmptyMon 2 Jan 2017 - 20:51

That never bothered me; the implications for the world and stuff were super interesting, and it was an optional side area in an already enormous game. I don't think it was too cheeky . . .
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 28 EmptySat 7 Jan 2017 - 12:24

Relating to the previous post(s):
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 28 EmptySat 7 Jan 2017 - 17:24

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 28 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread
Page 28 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 33  Next