We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Generic General Pokemon Discussion

Go down 
+18
NintenDUCK
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Jimbob
oldschool
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
Admin
masofdas
Zaphod_B
Rum
Vidofnir
Cube
beemoh
shanks
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Athrun888
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 5 EmptySat 24 Jan 2015 - 19:27

Nah, Klefki would be all high-pitched, probably with some irritating "jingle" speech quirk.

By the way, when I said "Discussion with...", I meant "Brought up in a discussion with..."  Other people can chime in!  Speaking of which, Chimecho would be echo-y, constantly singing, and deeply irritating.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 12 Feb 2015 - 19:08

New discussion! Pokémon who'd be really good at certain sports.

Inspired by a discussion on a cricket blog, where an article actually mentioned Pokémon. There's a cricket commentator who constantly talks about "batting with a stick o' rhubarb" (he's from Yarkshire), which made me think about how good Farfetch'd would be at cricket (or indeed baseball) with its leek.

So, suggestions! Other than Blaziken and Hitmonlee, natch. I imagine that Machamp would be pretty good at rugby...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 12 Feb 2015 - 19:17

Well, obviously this guy's got Judo on point, but that's cheating somewhat.

Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 5 Throh

Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 12 Feb 2015 - 19:20

Yarkshire? 'Tha 'ow tha thinks we talk up North, cocker?

Lapras would have an unfair sailing advantage...
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 12 Feb 2015 - 19:24

Snorlax for Sumo
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 12 Feb 2015 - 19:33

I reckon Hariyama could take 'im.

Stu_the_great wrote:
Yarkshire? 'Tha 'ow tha thinks we talk up North, cocker?

One should say so! Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 5 Tea_Emoticon_by_GMintyfresh

I reckon Floatzel's your best choice for the triathlon. High speed, can swim, can use those tails to power the pedals!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 12 Feb 2015 - 19:38

delphox for field hockey then
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 12 Feb 2015 - 22:05

Kirlia would be an excellent competitor in the rhythmic gymnastics.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 12 Feb 2015 - 22:44

I'd go for Meloetta. Do you get extra points for changing form halfway through? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 12 Feb 2015 - 23:38

How about Dragonair for synchronised swimming?
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 5 EmptyWed 18 Feb 2015 - 16:15

On the date of release of Pokémon Shuffle (which is what we all were doing, awkwardly, when its mechanics were announced (not that kind of shuffle Embarrassed )), what are everyone's favourite Pokémon spin-offs?

Hands up, straight away: I've not played many, but I enjoyed Pokémon Ranger and XD probably about the same amount. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 5 EmptyWed 18 Feb 2015 - 16:33

Never mind spin-offs: Pokémon XD is my favourite Pokégame, for its time, full stop. I'd love to see a follow-up or sequel based in gen. 6 or later, but given how badly the home console games sold compared to the handheld hits, it seems incredibly unlikely. Aww!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 5 EmptyWed 18 Feb 2015 - 16:45

Yeah I didn't mind XD and Colosseum (colosseum I plan on playing again real soon).. Also didn't mind Pokemon Conquest
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 5 EmptySun 19 Apr 2015 - 20:32

I know nobody will care, but I just had the most hilarious battle on pokemon showdown and I just have to share / preserve it!  http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-226311177

Rule of the story?  There's a point where hax ruining your battle stops being rage inducing and starts being extremely hilarious.

For those who don't have the patience for a 44 turn match, although it's way better watched than spoiled:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 5 EmptySun 19 Apr 2015 - 21:09

That was a good watch, Athrun - I don't really understand the intricacies of competitive Pokemon, but it was a fun watch nonetheless. Nail-biting finish, too.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 5 EmptyTue 21 Apr 2015 - 10:55

Glad you enjoyed it Jay, and yeah the finish was pretty nerve-y, I honestly wasn't sure if Snorlax would live a Thunder at that range and I almost left it in and gave up, but I did invest a lot of J.Hockey's ev's in his special defence so I suspected he might be able to barely live without the drops he had.  

The real problems with the hax was that being paralysed like my cresselia was meant it couldn't have as much health as I would want, it's physically defensive so it actually would have lived a knock off from machamp if it had more health even with the crit.  Although it was both being paralysed as much as it was coupled with the critical that really sucked, it either would have lived with the crit because it would have been able to have more health or it would have plain lived because the most machamp's knock off does to my cresselia is 39 percent, unless it's choice banded although if it was choice banded it would have done more to snorlax I believe.  

If the cress had lived odds are they wouldn't have got much further than the porygon, I've had cresselia completely wall teams when they get too weak.  It's actually really good in the uu environment.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 5 EmptyTue 21 Apr 2015 - 11:05

Yup, that was quite a funny one. Although my favourite part was Tony Abbott the Lucario. Who's the Porygon2 named after?
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 5 EmptyTue 21 Apr 2015 - 12:43

The current Communications Minister and only man in the Liberals with the qualities worthy of prime ministership, Malcolm Turnbull!

Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 5 Mt210

He was the leader before Abbott back when the Libs were in opposition, then he pissed them off because he dared to be prepared to negotiate with Labor over the Carbon Tax (oh the horror that is negotiation) and he was subsequently thrown out in a leadership spill by Tony Abbott.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 5 EmptySun 26 Apr 2015 - 18:38

Figure this can go here - some absolutely gorgeous Pokemon art.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 5 EmptySun 26 Apr 2015 - 19:50

Wow, Jay, that's sensational stuff! Love The third one down reminds me of Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 5 EmptySun 26 Apr 2015 - 23:01

It really is beautiful, right? Smile

Reminds me of some illustrations from Peter Rabbit or something like that.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 5 EmptyMon 27 Apr 2015 - 0:26

That is how Pokemon could look if Nintendo wanted to evolve the series into something truly beautiful. I could see this type of traditional style of art being used in a big Wii U game.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 5 EmptyWed 20 May 2015 - 13:00

Just felt like sharing this because it was a quick fun battle with a twist and also because I wanted to e-verbally kick myself very hard.  http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-234120833

Don't expect any skillful play from me though, I'm low on the ladder and I'm using a really rubbish rain team I threw together because I was sick of trying to make a balanced ou team that works so I figured I'd go for a team that, while not balanced, I at least know how to play.  Alas that knowledge all but fled me this battle and I made several critical mistakes.  Despite that it was a fun match to play.

spoilery thoughts:

Also if anybody wonders why I didn't mention the fact that Swampert could have swept his last four pokemon and why I didn't just go straight to it after reapplying rain, because at the health Swampert was it it wouldn't live an Aqua Jet from Azumarill in the rain.  Now if I'd realized what would have happened because I didn't go to it I might have played a little differently, but I stand by that particular choice.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 5 EmptyMon 8 Jun 2015 - 10:54

Another awesome battle I have to share!  http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-238726624

Had this yesterday, to be honest it was one of the more thrilling battles in recent times.  I'll admit early on I was tempted to forfit, because the amount of parahax completely destroyed my early game and my Wobbuffet (plus helped my opponent get three layers of spikes on the field which destroyed my switching options) and I've been having some seriously awful luck at the moment so I was tempted to just quit and write the match off as another battle ruined by hax.  

For those who don't get how the spikes were such a bad thing:

Instead I stuck with it, and managed to pull things back in to genuine contention.  Then around the twenty turn mark I started to feel like maybe, just maybe, I could possibly scrape a win if I could somehow deal with the Hippowdon that made getting rain up impossible.  Then I managed to get my own set of spikes set and Stealth Rock to boot, suddenly I was not the only person losing 25 percent health for every switch and the match became fairly even.  

Anyway, yeah, really fun battle overall, made all the more fun by the rotten start. Also I really love Porygon2, fantastic Pokemon.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 5 EmptyFri 3 Jul 2015 - 15:50

Is this where we talk about Pokken?  I'm not quite sure.  Regardless, the game has a Japanese release date (a fortnight's time) and two new characters.  Weavile looks boss, especially its iridescent Shadow Claw.  It's probably still not for me, but eh.

Wasn't Blaziken originally shown off?  Still no sign of the flaming chicken.  No grass types (among others) yet either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Generic General Pokemon Discussion
Page 5 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next