We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Go down 
+17
Silver light
Jimbob
Xelviar
Rum
fronkhead
Vidofnir
beemoh
The_Jaster
masofdas
Athrun888
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
Gwyn400
Buskalilly
Balladeer
shanks
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 5 EmptyMon 14 Jul 2014 - 19:05

I'm with Balladeer here. It just looks like they are furthering the potential of already amazing pokemon. I can see why with metagross though cause obviously Steven needs a mega evo.

As for mega evo's themselves? Hmmm.

I really like the idea of a changing ability, adds more thought into using a mega evo. However some of the stat boosts are just silly. So yes in terms of aesthetics and different abilities and stats, No because having superior stats makes them more fire and forget rather than a tactical decision.

I still think NFE pokemon should get mega evo's, would make evolution worth pausing and thinking about.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 5 EmptyMon 14 Jul 2014 - 19:16

I don't think it would, really. There exists an item that strongly boosts a prevolution's defences, and the only prevolution that is used over its evolution is Chansey. Replace that with a +20 boost here and there, compared to most evolutions (which have higher boosts and can hold an item), and... I think you see where I'm going with this.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 5 EmptyMon 14 Jul 2014 - 19:38

Get ready for some ridiculous news about Mega Metagross!  Because it's looking set to be the most broken mega evolution barring the actual legendary pokemon!  His improvements have been revealed, lets start with his ability which is Tough Claws.  For those not in the know, tough claws boosts all contact moves 33%.  Don't think this is big?  Well it's time to wheel out mister Charizard X, with his base 130 attack and Flare Blitz.  Charizard X is right now one of the biggest threats in the ou tier, and it's largely because of tough claws boosting its moves.

Now, think on this, zard x has a base 130 attack, metagross has a base 135 attack.  That's right, it starts out with a higher max attack stat.  And it gets tough claws, which boosts pretty much every move metagross likes to use.  But wait, there's more!  His attack stat is getting a boost!  The actual amount hasn't been revealed just yet, but as mega evolutions tend to add 100 base stat points it's safe to say it's going to be at least base 145 attack.  

But that isn't even the best bit, it's speed is going to increase dramatically.  Yes, that's right, it's getting a major boost to speed.  But wait, the buffs aren't done yet!  It's also receiving a buff to defense, special attack, and special defense.  That's right, mega metagross is having every single stat increased.  Now, for the sake of drilling why this is a bit overkill in, it's base attack is 135, it's base defense is 130, its special attack is 95, and its base special defense is 90.  

Broken sums up what this is probably going to be.  I would say it wouldn't but the one thing keeping metagross balanced was the fact most things could outspeed and kill it, which if its speed boost is as large as is being hyped will no longer be an option.  I'm going to take a wild prediction and say this guy is going to get banned to ubers in the competitive scene pretty darn quickly.  

And yes, I'm now of the side that thinks this isn't necessary.  Overkill, thy name is Mega Metagross.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 5 EmptyTue 15 Jul 2014 - 3:06

Didn't you also have a problem with Mega Blaziken?
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 5 EmptyTue 15 Jul 2014 - 8:44

"Hellbird (Talonflame) used brave bird!  It's super effective!  

Enemy mega blaziken fainted!
"

Or more recently now I'm not using it:

"Aqua Mouse (azumarill) used aqua jet!  It's super effective!  

Enemy mega blaziken fainted!
"

Nope.  It's the competitive community that has the beef with blaziken, personally I agree with their reasons for banning it (with speed boost at any rate, I see no good reason why blaze blaziken should also be banned besides laziness on their part) but I haven't any personal problems with blaziken as my team usually has the means to deal with it.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 5 EmptyTue 15 Jul 2014 - 12:26

The arranged Secret Base music (listen in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hb2bAgT5PI) is disappointing: how does that sound homely at all? The original had this nice homely feel to it, this is too majestic.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 5 EmptyTue 15 Jul 2014 - 18:42

hmmm, I dont see the problem with pre-evo pokemon getting megalutions if the stat boost is substantial enough to tie it or surpass its natural evo.

With some pokemon designs this fork in evolution would make sense. For instance in Hoenn, Trapinch has a very different aesthetic quality to Vibrava. Give it a mega evo that is ground based like Trapinch and let it keep Arena Trap or another ground based ability (Sand Rush) to give the game some more depth.

I concede that this could be achieved with natural evolution forks, I just want to see more player action + choices have a bigger impact on evolution, not this LVL 14 > 26 > 34 linear progression. Though this argument should be saved for the next gen.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 5 EmptyFri 8 Aug 2014 - 13:08

New megas have been leaked, with some of the strangest designs yet, the other pseudo from gen three has received what's been coming to it.  I'll admit I'd have rather seen flygon get a mega instead but oh well.  The other two are altaria and lopunny of all things, so those of you who have been banging on that mega's should be given to weaker pokemon, there ya go. Two weak pokemon one of which being hoenn native.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 5 EmptyFri 8 Aug 2014 - 13:27

Not sure I want to find out what a Mega Lopunny looks like... No

EDIT: Oh, it actually looks much better than regular Lopunny.  Better typing too.  Same is true for Mega Altaria, who also has a great ability (as does Mega-Mence), although it does look quite silly.
Back to top Go down
Xelviar
Boo This Man .Gif
Xelviar

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 5 EmptyFri 8 Aug 2014 - 13:38

You all forgot one piece of information from the official CoroCoro reveal...

MEGA REBEL SYMBOL DRAGON SALAMENCE IS CONFIRMED

Just... holy crap! Make a powerful N/Dr and make it MORE powerful, why don't you! Obviously going to be banned on Smogon but I don't really care! Just glad my friend gave me a Bagon. Mwahahahaha!! Big mistake!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 5 EmptyFri 8 Aug 2014 - 13:40

Mega Salamence looks ridiculous.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 5 EmptyFri 8 Aug 2014 - 13:41

Dragon/Fairy cloud beast Mega Altaria is going to be *sweet*
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 5 EmptyFri 8 Aug 2014 - 13:43

Xelviar wrote:

I think both of us referred to Mega-Mence. Neutral 
Back to top Go down
Xelviar
Boo This Man .Gif
Xelviar

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 5 EmptyFri 8 Aug 2014 - 13:56

Balladeer wrote:
Xelviar wrote:

I think both of us referred to Mega-Mence. Neutral 
I did, but still, I'm beyond words right now! Grin
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 5 EmptySat 9 Aug 2014 - 0:33

And apparently there will be a shiny Beldum event that comes with megastone
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 5 EmptySun 10 Aug 2014 - 23:33

Mega-Mence looks a little less ridiculous in motion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFZuWPXPcyI

Also, this looks like a great feature!

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 5 Mk1LKM5
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 5 EmptyMon 11 Aug 2014 - 7:18

"The power of quintuplets"... "Tremble before our Poochyena!"

Oh evil Pokémon teams. Never change.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 5 EmptyMon 11 Aug 2014 - 9:21

And then they spam Sand Attack for days.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 5 EmptyMon 11 Aug 2014 - 13:22

JayMoyles wrote:
Also, this looks like a great feature!]

Oh God, Horde battles were awful when it was just Pokémon. With trainers they'll be horrible.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 5 EmptyMon 11 Aug 2014 - 15:42

Hordes weren't that bad, all you need is one attack to take them all out in one hit
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 5 EmptyMon 11 Aug 2014 - 21:45

Horde battles were a pain in the tits, not least because sometimes a Pokemon in a horde would have a hidden ability but you'd never know which ones and you'd just have to eliminate four at random before you could try and catch one when it was finally on its own...
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 5 EmptyTue 12 Aug 2014 - 1:10

Yeah I did have that trouble once when in a horde there was a shiny amongst them
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 5 EmptyTue 12 Aug 2014 - 5:40

Hoard Battles are amazing if you ask me, they make ev training which once took at least twenty five minutes if you were an expert at it in to a five minuet affair for even noobs, thus completely eliminating any real barrier to raising competitive pokemon.  I actually have half a box of flawless and fully raised pokemon thanks to hoard battles, rather than the old days where I'd just have half a team and then get bored and move on.  

Can't say they're all that fun in the story however, especially once they start spamming accuracy lowering moves.  You have not known true hell until you have faced a hoard of Spinda spamming teeter dance!  I still have the ptsd from that battle, took almost half an hour for a level 65 fully trained bird of death to clear them up, the bastards just kept spamming it over and over and over and over again!   Pale
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 5 EmptyTue 12 Aug 2014 - 10:18

New Mega's:
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 5 EmptyTue 12 Aug 2014 - 10:20

Eh? Slowpoke looks unhappy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire
Page 5 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next