We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Go down 
+17
Silver light
Jimbob
Xelviar
Rum
fronkhead
Vidofnir
beemoh
The_Jaster
masofdas
Athrun888
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
Gwyn400
Buskalilly
Balladeer
shanks
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 4 EmptyThu 12 Jun 2014 - 16:18

I think it's a gem of a design mysel-(is interrupted by boothisman.gif)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 4 EmptyThu 12 Jun 2014 - 19:44

A jaded joke.

I'm not sure about everyone else but I would like to see some mega-evolutions given to not fully evolved pokemon, just spice it up a little, I want to be made to think 'Is it worth mega-evolving now (in battle)' rather than 'which mega evolution should I have in my party?'.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 4 EmptySat 14 Jun 2014 - 18:37

Got to admit I was a bit underwhelmed with the screenshots released: it looks a bit *too* similar to X/Y in terms of feel, whereas previously remakes, despite running off the same game engine as the 'new' games, have felt distinctively different. Or maybe I'm just sour that this isn't being remade in gorgeous 2D Razz

Still looking forward to it, though, and hopefully StreetPass is a bit better integrated than it was in X/Y, especially with Ruby and Sapphire's secret bases likely making a return
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 4 EmptyFri 20 Jun 2014 - 16:26

Well, mega sableye just got booted from my imaginary future competitive team.  Its ability is changed to magic guard, and increased defense and special attack.  With the hp it's packing its defense stat had better be getting boosted to Steelix levels or else it's not going to be worth packing as a mega.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 4 EmptyFri 20 Jun 2014 - 16:57

Magic Bounce, according to Serebii. Just like Mega Absol, who has rather lost its niche. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 4 EmptyFri 20 Jun 2014 - 17:00

If I had to use either of them I'd choose absol in a heartbeat as that thing can actually kill things. Sableye is already slower than most fairy types, of which most are special attackers to boot. I'd say absol still has its niche as a sweeper hybrid thing.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 4 EmptyWed 9 Jul 2014 - 9:13

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 4 4

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 4 6

Secret bases, anyone? Grin
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 4 EmptyWed 9 Jul 2014 - 10:30

HOORAYYY! Fingers crossed the data download mode will still be in tact (with online maybe) so we can still swap bases.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 4 EmptyWed 9 Jul 2014 - 10:35

So what are they just a place which is secret to store pokemon and items.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 4 EmptyWed 9 Jul 2014 - 14:31

Oh my god!  The nostalgia these things have is ridiculous, the only time in my life before this gen I had anybody to properly play with and went secret base hunting!  Ah the days when I was just a pathetic noob unaware of the secret mechanics and kept getting stomped by a friend's seemingly unbeatable Walrein, oh the nostalgia.

Actually on second thoughts this is bringing up some really cringe worthy memories of back then.  Laughing 

masofdas wrote:
So what are they just a place which is secret to store pokemon and items.

The old secret bases in gen 3 were sort of like that, but there was more to it.  Around the entire region there were odd spots in walls to find, use the right move (if I recall correct it was secret power back then) and you would find a small cave.  Each one was different in shape, and you could buy poke dolls and various mats to make your own little fort.  But that wasn't all.  You could buy traps and the like, and if you linked up and exchanged data with someone else you could go find their secret base, and if you did you could even fight them and stuff like that.  

Sort of like the mining in diamond and pearl, only way better.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 4 EmptyThu 10 Jul 2014 - 0:29

Athrun pretty much summed it up well. Diamond/Pearl's underground was no match for them, either, not just in terms of how generic each 'space' was, but how hiding it all underneath the main game world (and behind a bunch of loading/waiting screens) made it vastly less interesting and accessible.

On a slightly related note, when I saw sites pretty much say how these secret bases would let you create your own "Pokémon Gym" I was really looking forward to seeing them, but what I've seen from the screenshots says otherwise...

This is what StreetPass was made for, anyway. Just hope Game Freak come up with a quick and easy way of managing Secret Bases, since I'd imagine locations will fill up quickly once StreetPasses filter through, and on Ruby/Sapphire it was a pain having to manually visit each secret base to tell people to pack up. (Er, if you could do that. I don't even think you could?)
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 4 EmptyThu 10 Jul 2014 - 2:30

fronkhead wrote:
on Ruby/Sapphire it was a pain having to manually visit each secret base to tell people to pack up. (Er, if you could do that. I don't even think you could?)

...did you just criticise the games for doing something they might not even have done...?
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 4 EmptyThu 10 Jul 2014 - 14:39

New Mega..

In here :
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 4 EmptyThu 10 Jul 2014 - 14:43

Aw hell yeah!!   Grin  Dance   About time they gave us fans of the guy a treat after they ripped him a new one this generation by nerfing steel type's resistance to dark and ghost types!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 4 EmptyThu 10 Jul 2014 - 14:51

I suppose a pseudo-legendary getting a mega isn't any more stupid than Mewtwo, but... really? Give it to Raticate or someone.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 4 EmptyThu 10 Jul 2014 - 15:13

Nah, I'd say Kyogre and Groudon getting megas is comparable to Mewtwo getting one (or two)  Nah nah! 
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 4 EmptyThu 10 Jul 2014 - 16:48

Balladeer wrote:
I suppose a pseudo-legendary getting a mega isn't any more stupid than Mewtwo, but... really?  Give it to Raticate or someone.

I'm with you on that one - I'd much rather see more Pokemon along the lines of Mawile and Sableye get megas than Metagross, Latias or Latios.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 4 EmptyThu 10 Jul 2014 - 17:54

Balladeer wrote:
I suppose a pseudo-legendary getting a mega isn't any more stupid than Mewtwo, but... really?  Give it to Raticate or someone.

MEGA SHUCKLE
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 4 EmptyFri 11 Jul 2014 - 3:51

I'm indifferent to Mega Metagross, I know there will be a lot of them about as people do seem to like Metagross, as for Latios and Latias getting a mega evolution I'm actuallyfine with that
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 4 EmptyFri 11 Jul 2014 - 7:10

I can't say I remotely agree with the sentiment that metagross shouldn't have received this for lack of lesser status Pokemon.  As of x and y Hoeen next to kanto received the vast majority of mega evolutions, a third of them in total at a whopping ten of them.  Out of those mega evolutions the majority was again on weaker pokemon that could use a buff, manetric, medicham, banette, mawile, gardevoir, and aggron.  As of these games we have since added sabeleye to the group.  There is absolutely no case here to make as regards to lesser pokemon being hard done by.  

Not only that, but I think everyone is making a bit of a mistake, because you're all assuming metagross will be the last mega in these games and has therefore essentially "stolen" the potential of another lesser pokemon's spot, which is extremely unlikely.  I can see Ludicolo, Shiftree, swellow, and breloom as all possibilities to me, maybe even plusle and minum if gamefreak want to be weird. And last but not least, a pseudo getting a mega isn't a new concept, both garchomp and tyranitar already have one, so there was already a precedent set for this.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 4 EmptyFri 11 Jul 2014 - 7:33

I'd forgotten about Chompy and Tyranitar, but otherwise I disagree.  I'd much prefer to see Megas being used to make lesser-used Pokémon viable than giving the likes of Tyro, Gengar and Scizor extra buffs, which (let's face it) they don't need.  Kangaskhan's Mega is one of my favourites, taking a relatively rubbish Pokémon and making it viable (too viable, some might say).

It's not a matter of "replacement", more of matter of "they shouldn't be getting it at all".  If they wanted to make a steel/psychic Mega, why not Bronzong?

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 4 437__bronzong_by_rukari_boy-d4wnucs

(I should say that in general, I still think that Mega-Evolutions are a bad idea.  Most of the Pokémon who got Mega-Evolutions would have been happier with a regular evolution, while the rest didn't need them in the first place.  The exceptions are three-stage 'Mon that are still a bit rubbish, like Ampharos, but I'd rather have seen GF breaking the trend by making four-stage evolution lines than ruling out a proper Absolution ever happening.)
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 4 EmptyFri 11 Jul 2014 - 10:52

Well, bronzong isn't from hoenn is it?  Nah nah! 

Jokes aside I get where you're coming from, and we'll just have to agree to disagree then. Personally I like the concept and the majority of the mega evolutions aside from a few bad ones like mewtwo and gengar.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 4 EmptyFri 11 Jul 2014 - 16:59

Some more stuff from CoroCoro, mostly featuring ridiculous Pikachu outfits.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 4 EmptyFri 11 Jul 2014 - 17:14

That pokedex is a shot of nostalgia straight to the veins!   Love   Meanwhile...

*Makes warding sign at creepy pikachu*
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 4 EmptySat 12 Jul 2014 - 2:45

I'm guessing the Pikachu thing has something to do with contests..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire
Page 4 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next