We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Go down 
+17
Silver light
Jimbob
Xelviar
Rum
fronkhead
Vidofnir
beemoh
The_Jaster
masofdas
Athrun888
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
Gwyn400
Buskalilly
Balladeer
shanks
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 9 EmptyThu 16 Oct 2014 - 13:11

The DexNav sounds like something I've been longing for for a while now. Our competitive battlers should get something out of it too. Well, battler.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 9 EmptyFri 17 Oct 2014 - 5:59

Maybe, maybe not, odds are I'll stick to breeding for my team members since it's really easy with the dittos I traded for at the start of gen six to breed flawless pokemon. It's nice that it looks like they're still giving people legitimate ways to get flawless pokemon now though.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 9 EmptyWed 22 Oct 2014 - 19:17

So I got a download code from the NintendoLife giveaway. Everything seems identical to X/Y, barring the nostalgia of Hoenn and some Meganess.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 9 EmptySun 26 Oct 2014 - 15:44

I like the new walking/running. I'm guessing that means the rollerskates are out, but if it means the game always feels this good to play, I'm in.

Is it me or are the new visuals kind of disorientating when trying to navigate "old style" Pokemon towns and maps? The world is back to being made up from a grid of squares, too, but I didn't find much about the remade Mossdeep familiar, asides from the space station.

New town music's great though, but I prefer the wild and trainer battle music from the original games.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 9 EmptyWed 29 Oct 2014 - 17:58

I finally got around to giving the demo. a go, and...

...and... was that it? It was tiny and utterly pointless. Why did I even bother? Transferring over Mega Ice Face, I guess, but apart from that, I feel like I just utterly wasted ten minutes of my life.

So, question. Are the other missions worth doing? Please say yes...
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 9 EmptyWed 29 Oct 2014 - 19:50

I've only done one more mission - it doesn't add much more, to be honest, although you do get all the region's starters to try as Megas.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 9 EmptyWed 29 Oct 2014 - 23:31

Nope, it's the same mundane stuff. You even see Steven fly you to the same island despite it having a different layout. I honestly thought that first mission dragged on for too long, that's how boring I found it. Was glad to get a feel for the controls though back at Mossdeep.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 9 EmptyThu 30 Oct 2014 - 1:18

There is a supposed "top secret" trip where you meet up with May and battle Team Aqua/ Magma, which I though was just the first adventure to get Glalie... Eh?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 9 EmptyThu 30 Oct 2014 - 7:33

I saw that on Serebii, but it seems that it's only unlocked at random.

Ho hum. I guess Nintendo, new to the world of demos., can't be expected to ace them all.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 9 EmptyThu 30 Oct 2014 - 8:08

No one else has done that then?

And Speaking of Serebii there is another secret mission where you can get a nugget of all things
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 9 EmptyThu 30 Oct 2014 - 11:57

I might've played it enough to unlock that if Nintendo had mastered the art of giving demos to people besides those in their devoted fanbase and therefore actually had the demo.

Lets not bring up that I've already paid for the game in full and I probably shouldn't be putting myself in the same group as those who need to be sold on the game in this case, k?

Also on a sort of oras related note, I have come to the conclusion that every single team I make that has a mega in it completely sucks.  I suck at building teams to begin with (which is annoying given I can tell what most people are going to do when facing them, but given the crappiness of my team I can't do much about it), but I have yet to make a even remotely successful team when including a mega pokemon.  The new megas including salamence and metagross as well as others like pidgeot and altaria (I actually tried out altaria way before salamence, never liked Edgenite Salamence) have not bucked this trend.  

The point I'm badly making is that megas are in my opinion more trouble than they're worth. At least from my experience anyway, the only megas I've ever had work well are megawile and megazard x.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 9 EmptyFri 14 Nov 2014 - 11:33

So new story based mission, I've not played ORAS so all new to me but guess for any of you picking up again it's good news.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 9 EmptySat 15 Nov 2014 - 0:59

None of us have played ORAS yet Razz

But yeah the new side story does seem interesting
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 9 EmptyTue 18 Nov 2014 - 11:56

So as I'm a Noob to 3rd gen mon, what mon should I be catching (Don't say all of them).
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 9 EmptyTue 18 Nov 2014 - 12:47

Poke mon? Dance

In all honesty it's up to you and who you like as everyone has different tastes you could say to what Pokemon they have
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 9 EmptyTue 18 Nov 2014 - 13:07

Get a Zigzagoon, bitches love Zigzagoons.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 9 EmptyTue 18 Nov 2014 - 13:10

Well I'm getting both so one I will go Treecko the other Mudkip as I've got my Blaziken already.

Gardevoir
Mightyena
Azumarill
Sableye
Plusle
Minun
Zangoose
Absol
Ninetales
And some others due to there Mega such as Audino & Altaria but I didn't know there was sort of concession that this Pokemon is the best in the game like how there's tiering in fighters.

Reviews seem to be drooping as it's out Friday in the states, it seems to be averaging a 8.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 9 EmptyWed 19 Nov 2014 - 1:16

IGN gave it a 7.8 as it has too much water and too many HM's..
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 9 EmptyWed 19 Nov 2014 - 6:30

Sounds like the hms are back in full force, so definitely follow andy's advice and nab a zigzagoon. Those guys are the best hm slaves in the game, they can cut things, smash thing, move things, and you can even surf on the things!!

Other ones to nab are the already mentioned shroomish, ralts, and marill (make sure it has huge power, it goes from mediocre to amazing thanks to that ability). Oh, and taillow, so you have a cool fly slave.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 9 EmptyWed 19 Nov 2014 - 7:24

Apparently no Battle frontier?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 9 EmptyWed 19 Nov 2014 - 7:31

Ralts! Love Ralts. Grin

The NintendoLife review is now up and I'm starting to bite into the hype...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 9 EmptyWed 19 Nov 2014 - 15:32

I always picked up a Ralts at the start, ages though it frequently took me. Teleport was really useful until you could Fly.

CVG gave it a reasonable-sounding 8, but it's that IGN review that's gone viral.

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 9 Tumblr_nf8yyzd1nU1sg5gdfo1_500
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 9 EmptyWed 19 Nov 2014 - 21:31

Silly line in IGN review aside, the variety of angles taken in the Pokemon reviews does much to suggest that Pokemon means many different things to different people. One review brought up the viewpoint that generation 3 added little to the series when that's far from it, given how much of Pokemon's underbelly and mechanics it shook up.

I can't wait for this, though, but I always feel Pokemon is underrated and underappreciated. To me it's top tier material and it's entirely unique in ways that Animal Crossing is as well. No other RPG does it like Pokemon, or pulls off its unique aspects as well as Pokemon.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 9 EmptyThu 20 Nov 2014 - 23:07

I never played the original Roby or Sapphire, but I did watch over my sister's shoulder as she played a load of it on her GBA. And actually, my memories of the game are "too much water"! I think it's a stupid comment to put on a re-release, and in fact normally I'd argue against that being a critical point at all, but actually, Hoenn, it might really be a stodgy bit of design.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 9 EmptyThu 20 Nov 2014 - 23:45

I've made a slight start on Sapphire but I'm now going to wait until tonight for when I do the system transfer to the new 3ds XL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire
Page 9 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next