We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Go down 
+17
Silver light
Jimbob
Xelviar
Rum
fronkhead
Vidofnir
beemoh
The_Jaster
masofdas
Athrun888
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
Gwyn400
Buskalilly
Balladeer
shanks
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 7 EmptyWed 10 Sep 2014 - 14:30

Balladeer wrote:
 Another two Pokémon deprived of proper evolutions...

In this case I don't see how these 2 could properly evolve more since they are already evolutions
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 7 EmptyWed 10 Sep 2014 - 15:06

You're right, that's never happened before.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 7 EmptyWed 10 Sep 2014 - 15:07

Ah yeah fair point, forgot about all the Sinnoh stuff.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 7 EmptyWed 10 Sep 2014 - 15:37

Sinnoh? What about Crobat and Kingdra? It used to be a common and enjoyable event, that seems to have been all but shot in the head by the much less versatile or enjoyable Megas.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 7 EmptyWed 10 Sep 2014 - 15:49

How the hell could I forget about Kingdra? I used to use them all the time, and yeah Crobat with the happiness thing
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 7 EmptyWed 10 Sep 2014 - 17:02

At the risk of sidetracking this in to this same debate again, I actually think these mega evolutions are more versatile and better than any actual evolution they could have got, or they will be as long as they're done properly. Normal evolutions frequently failed to solve the problems that made their previous forms poor, whereas the megas seem to have a high ratio for giving previously underwhelming pokemon a niche.

On top of that, if they were regular evolutions they wouldn't be made as good as they are for the sake of keeping balance. The whole point of mega forms is the pokemon gets a massive buff including a robust ability they would have never gotten with the stats they possess otherwise. Look at medicham, previously too slow to do anything of note, yet had an amazing ability. If it had simply evolved you can bet it would have either remained too slow and frail to achieve anything, or it would have lost that ability. Mega on the other hand gave it both speed and power.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 7 EmptyWed 10 Sep 2014 - 17:39

...No, no, I wouldn't have betted on that at all. I'd have betted on at least a 100 stat. point increase. As for competitiveness, Smogon have already banned four of them to Ubers - the word you may be looking for is "unbalanced".

And the rest, I'm sure, is just me repeating points that I've already made. Megas are rubbish, bring back real evos. (waves pennant)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 7 EmptyThu 11 Sep 2014 - 15:27

It seems most of the announced Megas thus far are linked to the story in some manner, which is nice. It'll make some of the fights a bit more challenging at least.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 7 EmptyFri 12 Sep 2014 - 8:19

Speaking of challenge, does anyone want to have a bit of a forum challenge of some sort for these games, like a nuzlocke? I'm currently considering one, x and y were a tad too easy for me and the platinum nuzlocke was an absolute blast so it might just spice things up. Course if nobody else wants to go for a nuzlocke it could always just be a standard race, person with the lowest time beating the elite four wins or something.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 7 EmptyFri 12 Sep 2014 - 8:46

Not the first time I play through it. I want to experience the world, its changes, and its monsters at my own pace before I start tearing through the game. I am thinking of doing an X Nuzlocke, though, just because the game itself was so easy.

Last edited by Balladeer on Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 13:18; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ITS/IT'S AAAAAAAARGH)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 7 EmptyFri 12 Sep 2014 - 13:11

Yeah, I'm the same as Balla. I don't like to restrict myself on a first playthrough of a Pokemon game.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 7 EmptyFri 12 Sep 2014 - 21:55

A new trailer doesn't tell us much that we don't already know, apart from the effects of the primordial abilities and that MeGallade actually looks pretty swish.

What might be more interesting is news of a demo. Not just any demo.: it can launch an unlimited number of times, contains its own campaign, and monsters captured can be transferred to the full game. Nintendo seems to have nailed this demo. lark now!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 7 EmptySat 13 Sep 2014 - 1:26

That's very cool! Good work Ninty.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 7 EmptySat 13 Sep 2014 - 16:07

I'd be up for an X/Y Nuzlocke to! I'm not sure the conventional rules would work with this game though.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 7 EmptyTue 16 Sep 2014 - 18:53

The demo sounds great, even if I have a feeling it'll make me even less likely to buy the game at launch: I'm actually most interested in finding out how this remake was handled, and I'm sure I'll get a good enough feel of the game from the demo alone!

Though it must be noted that I've yet to buy any mainline Pokemon title (upgrade titles like Platinum outstanding) more than one day after launch, so I'd expect to cave in and buy it anyway. eShop makes it even easier for me to buy the damn thing if I didn't order it in time for launch.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 7 EmptySat 20 Sep 2014 - 16:11

So, um, revisting the idea of a group nuzlocke challenge idea, who'd be up for a dedicated x and y nuzlocke before the new games hit?  If enough folks want in I could and want to make it a thing.  I've even made a crude draft for a banner!  Behold!

Image:

It will come complete with scoring system based around how fast you are (in game wise, not real life wise), how many pokemon you successfully obtain over the journey out of a calculated maximum available, how many you have die on your team, and so on. The usual nuzlocke restrictions will apply, along with some custom ones for x and y to help get rid of some of the overlevelling issues the game has.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 7 EmptySun 21 Sep 2014 - 8:19

If I do a Nuzlocke, which is heavily uncertain with Fantasy Life less than a week away, I don't want to make it a competitive thing. I've never done one before, so I'll want to take my time grinding, and take advantage of some of the ways in which X/Y are easier than their forebears. (Not using the Exp. Share, though. There are limits.)
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 7 EmptySun 21 Sep 2014 - 12:15

Fair enough, although for the sake of challenge there are going to be restrictions on things like levels, mega evolutions, and super training. Mega's are flat out broken in standard play and will be completely banned, super training allows someone to gain stats that amount to having a five to ten level advantage and will therefore be banned, and levels are going to have to be around the average for an area although how you choose to gain those levels is entirely up to you (outside the banning of exp share). How does that sound?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 7 EmptySun 21 Sep 2014 - 12:53

Happy to dismiss Megas, and I find Super Training tedious anyway. As for over-levelling, it strongly depends on how it's implemented.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 7 EmptySun 21 Sep 2014 - 14:16

I'd say maintaining no more than a two/three level advantage over an area's Pokemon. Any more and the challenge of a Nuzlocke is totally removed. Plus, part of the Nuzlocke is the heartache of losing your favourite team-mate - there's no point having him 10 levels overlevelled and never in peril.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 7 EmptySun 21 Sep 2014 - 17:03

Sounds great! I remember mulling over the exp share and thinkng that a rule such as 'It can only be used if your overall strongest pokemon is not in your party and you do not exceed this pokemons level under the influence of exp share'. This way you can train up low levels and not have it change the level you are meant to be at.

Its quite a convoluted rule though, so its up to you.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 7 EmptyMon 22 Sep 2014 - 11:09

Well then looks like things are a go, I'll start whipping the thread up now. Smile
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 7 EmptyMon 22 Sep 2014 - 11:11

Whoa there - we've got a Nuzlocke thread already, set up by Vido. No reason this can't go in there.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 7 EmptyMon 22 Sep 2014 - 11:54

I thought that might come up, I'm not sure as to the etiquette of pm's so I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's shoes but vido actually pm'd me about that a few days ago offering me the opportunity to host a x and y dedicated thread as a solution to keeping it updated frequently.  I'm fine with whatever happens, but whatever does end up happening will need to solve that issue before the runs can start in earnest.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 7 EmptyTue 23 Sep 2014 - 10:35

A load of info on the demo here, I gather you get the code from likes of GAME for preordering the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire
Page 7 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next