We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX

Go down 
+20
NintenDUCK
Admin
oldschool
Treesmurf
shanks
Vidofnir
Crumpy Andy
fronkhead
Athrun888
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
beemoh
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Rum
Balladeer
Axis1500
masofdas
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 12 EmptySat 1 Nov 2014 - 11:01

masofdas wrote:
No real surprise, I'm just saying expect some to disappear and be replaced with different versions like the Mario Silhouette likely for Mario party 10 for instance.

I don't think I explained what I meant there properly, my initial point was about how I'd seen multiple folk (not just yourself) go "Oh that means a new Metroid game is coming" in regards to her different silhouette when it's one of those Nintendo franchises that's hardly going to disappear but I still personally wouldn't take it as a confirmation of a new Metroid either.

It could so easily just be a design choice to make it look appealing/instantly recognisable, so basically I think folk are reading into it way too much.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 12 EmptySat 1 Nov 2014 - 11:09

Maybe that's why I said we should wait for Mario Party 10 and see if it get's a new amiibo range and see if they match the mario in silhouette then we can go new metroid game coming. But remember Nintendo was giving out Wind Waker HD stuff before Wind Waker HD was even a thing, so anything can happen also like the possible Uncharted Trilogy HD for PS4.

SEGA has posted there financials and they posted a loss of around $18million & put out a statement saying there looking at restructuring the company to focus on the online marker more over physical, SEGA of course bought ATLUS which might account for some of the loss but how SEGA has been going the last few years they could be the next THQ.

Come on Nintendo just buy SEGA of sammy.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 12 EmptyMon 10 Nov 2014 - 22:09

Microsoft have trademarked the classic series Battletoads which is a IP owned by Rare. I'm guessing a downloadable game.

Banner Saga is coming to PS4 early 2015, I think Jay was a fan of it.

COD:AW is number 1 in the chart, PS4 best selling version and the most staggering stat it sold all ready more then Destiny, Wolfenstein and Titanfall combined in there first week sells.

Nintendo are teaming up with loot crate to do special amiibo crates there's nothing on loot's site yet but might be a good way to get some with other goodies.

A certain part in both the Xbox One & PS4 is now available much smaller and have let to rumours both systems will get a slim announced at E3 2015. For the Xbox One it will be called a normal sized system Razz

Game of Thrones game from Teltale will be 6 episodes with the first being called Iron from Ice, more info will be spilled at the Sony event in December but seeing it's coming this year, I wouldn't be surprised it drops on to PSN during the event.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 12 EmptyMon 10 Nov 2014 - 22:13

Very happy about The Banner Saga, never heard a bad word about it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 12 EmptyMon 10 Nov 2014 - 22:14

Same pleased about it

Also three other indies are coming which the same publisher is bring to PS4 more info here if you want.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 12 EmptyTue 11 Nov 2014 - 8:50

Welp, this developer isn't going to get any death threats.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 12 EmptyTue 11 Nov 2014 - 23:11

masofdas wrote:
Microsoft have trademarked the classic series Battletoads which is a IP owned by Rare. I'm guessing a downloadable game.
Microsoft: "Hey Rare, guess what? We found one of your franchises that we haven't run into the ground! Ready?" *bulldozer sound*
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 12 EmptyWed 12 Nov 2014 - 7:45

Yeah, I hope Aerannis's developers have already phoned friends with spare rooms. [/sadbuttrue]

As for Battletoads returning - well, those Turtles seem to have resurged in popularity, so why not? I never got past the legendary biking level back in the day. Nintendo Hard indeed!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 12 EmptyWed 12 Nov 2014 - 10:34

Phill Spencer tweet he knows what RARE is working on, So I think Battletoads is pretty much confirmed.

I don't know if M$ have really ruined any of RARE's IP's @Jimbob as KI is decent, PDZ was a launch title so can be let of a bit, so only nut's & bolts which some do like.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 12 EmptyThu 13 Nov 2014 - 21:40

So Playstation is celebrating it's 20th anniversary at the momnent (I'm not sure how as it came out Dec 1994 in Japan)

Sony has put out this video

I've seen people tweeting playstation memories, so anyone got some like when you got your PS2.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 12 EmptySat 15 Nov 2014 - 19:06

masofdas wrote:
PDZ was a launch title so can be let of a bit
No - that's not a thing. Technically shoddy, maybe forgiveable. Boring and dull? Nope.
masofdas wrote:
so only nut's & bolts which some do like.  
But most don't.
They also broke the Conker games.
Admittedly, my point might've been dislodged a little, my brain pushing in the fact that Microsoft have the company called Rare making generic tat; there was also that article of the number of canned projects.

Sorry, I'm a bit tetchy at the moment (other reasons), but I accidentally booted up Banjo-Tooie today (don't ask, I am a klutz), and wished there was more.

EDIT: Sorry mas - I've read this again, and my response is unnecessarily grumpy and conflictive. I've left it there as a reminder (to myself) of how not to behave! I agree with myself (natch) about my feelings for those games and Rare themselves, but I could've put that better.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 12 EmptySat 15 Nov 2014 - 21:12

I don't know why folk still cling to the name Rare it really isn't anywhere near the same company it used to be, when MS bought it I think they even knew they were buying it purely for the name and reputation it had at the time & use it as a way to show gamers that they were serious about being in the console race.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 12 EmptySat 15 Nov 2014 - 21:51

I do think your feelings are right towards Rare but I've had no problems myself with there old IPs as I found Conker Live & Reloaded great to play but I never played it on N64 due to when it came out as I had a DC & PS2 by then.

And I think if Nut's & Bolts didn't have the Banjo name people wouldn't of moaned a bit like DmC that's a great game but as it wasn't THE Dante in it everyone was up in arms.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 12 EmptyWed 19 Nov 2014 - 9:21

Shots are being fired in the videogames industry of late, like... well, like always.

First, Reggie blustered about how the Wii U is better value for money.  And secondly, Sony execs. are saying how the Wii's a shadow of its former self, and how the (pfffft) Vita is the best handheld experience out there.

I treat everything that Reggie says with a mountain of salt nowadays.  As for Sony's comments, I probably agree about the Wii brand, but as for the Vita...

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 12 Tumblr_m7fajiMH8M1rt35ru

But anyway, hopefully now that the pre-Christmas mud-slinging competition is done and dusted, both sides will be able to put their genitals back in their trousers and get on with things.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 12 EmptyWed 19 Nov 2014 - 10:12

See Nintendo don't need to get into this mud-slinging, just continue what your doing making your profit your now making and continue with that. I can't get the links to work but what I've read about Sony people are saying is lot's of Wii owners out there and we want them to buy a PS4 so expect casual games such as singstar on the PS4. On the VITA well based on this year maybe but overall it is LOL as VITA is good for some jrpgs & niche games but if you don't like them or Indies it's shit.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 12 EmptyThu 20 Nov 2014 - 22:09

So we found out more about the first ever Games Awards which is replacing the VGA/VGX's which Geoff Keighley is producing his self now a& doesn't have to worry about that Spike TV wants as he wants to make it more about the games & sort of a Oscar equivalent but for the gaming word. These nominations came from advisory board of which includes Kojima, Spencer, Reggie, Layden & Moore for instance that make up 28 members. There will announcements etc also this is the 5th of December in Vegas and Sony's event is the 6th & 7th, so I wouldn't be surprised if something from Sony is announced at GW then shown more at there event.

But the Nominations are:
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 12 EmptyFri 21 Nov 2014 - 1:52

Not that I've played a lot of these games in the categories but I'll pick my winners:

My votes:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 12 EmptyFri 21 Nov 2014 - 16:13

Another award that doesn't have DKCTF in its soundtrack category, another award I don't care about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFP4wn0dejc

IT'S BLOODY AMAZING.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 12 EmptyFri 21 Nov 2014 - 16:24

But the game was too boring to play to actually experience the soundtrack. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 12 EmptyFri 21 Nov 2014 - 16:31

I don't know if you've heard of it, Andy, but there exists a moderately successful Internet video repository called "Youtube". Razz
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 12 EmptyFri 21 Nov 2014 - 16:54

I can't keep up with your hip, modern fads.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 12 EmptyFri 21 Nov 2014 - 19:34

Serious moment: YouTube is not even ten years old. Shocked
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 12 EmptySat 22 Nov 2014 - 11:18

The Nintendo DS which a lot of you are fond of has just become 10 year's old, I remember importing mine with 64DS good times.

The Xbox One has passed ONE Million units in the UK and according to MCV the best selling system in November so far also it's doing well in the states at the moment and will WIN the Holiday Season.

But I've got some random thoughts on it, in the UK the PS4 & ONE have sold over 2million combined that's a huge number for such as small place as in Germany the biggest EU market the PS4 has only just passed 1 million there. So why have we adopted so much sooner then are EU counter parts, the only thing I can think of is looking at last gen 360 was UK's console of choice & same in USA but in Mainland EU it was PS3 are we in the UK more Americanised as we look at sites like IGN etc and there talking about PS4 & ONE and the ads there is it dripped back to us more here in the UK compared to let's say Germany where there's of course a language barrier, or is the EU sticking to what it knows as it's been Sony land since the PS1 days but the Germans are weird also the French as Farm Simulator in Top 10 games chart.

Back on the ONE I think it's great it's now doing well, it's great to see two systems selling well. If you've read my opinion piece on the 8th gen I do think I've been diplomatic about all three systems and actually looking at the moment if I didn't have PS4 or ONE, I could be more tempted to go for a ONE now due to what seems some amazing bundles out there it does seems like great value compared to the PS4 but I say that and I've kinda used the phrase a dog isn't just for Christmas it's for life as looking after this holiday season the ONE does look rather dismal in it's releases. If MS do similar bundles next year and you think cheaper as well in 12 months, I will be very tempted to pick ONE up over a gaming PC maybe.

The PS4 is selling so Sony don't really need to do anything but I think if they had ads on TV showing The Order, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4  along with the slogan greatness awaits they could be doing better.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 12 EmptySat 22 Nov 2014 - 11:34

masofdas wrote:
The Nintendo DS, which a lot of you are fond of, has just become 10 years old. I remember importing mine with 64DS. Good times.

Great handheld, yet to be bettered in my opinion (granted, there haven't been many opportunities). So many weird JRPGs and puzzle games on it, not to mention Ghost Trick and the Phoenix Wright games.

And to think that Mario 64 came out, for a handheld, on a teeny tiny cartridge ten years ago! (Albeit a butchered version.) Truly, we live in technologically exciting times. Or have lived, anyway: at the moment it just seems to be, "Not native 1080p and 60fps? UNACCEPTABLE."
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 12 EmptySat 22 Nov 2014 - 11:39

Someone on IGN where on about doing a article on enhanced ports that weren't with 64DS being one of them they had problem with the controls and brought up how it being on Wii U VC would be great as the U has a Analogue stick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next