We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX

Go down 
+20
NintenDUCK
Admin
oldschool
Treesmurf
shanks
Vidofnir
Crumpy Andy
fronkhead
Athrun888
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
beemoh
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Rum
Balladeer
Axis1500
masofdas
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 40 EmptyMon 13 Dec 2021 - 15:32

Jimbob wrote:
This year's Best Things to Read award goes to: Letters and Numbers.

Strongly disagree.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 40 EmptyMon 13 Dec 2021 - 19:58

gjones wrote:
GBA SP > PC. You heard it here first.

Strongly agree.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 40 EmptyTue 18 Jan 2022 - 16:12

Quite big news within the gaming landscape as it has been announced Microsoft are in the process of buying Activision Blizzard for $70 Billion, which the deal should go through around June 2023.

Bobby Kotick is still charge at the moment but chat on TOH discord and how statement from MS sounds like he hopefully be gone when Microsoft own them next year.

Also sounds like Bethesda deal, so Warzone will still be supported on all formats and any current deals but really everything going forward Xbox Exclusive.

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 18 Jan 2022 - 19:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 40 EmptyTue 18 Jan 2022 - 17:50

Could be a good deal. Put it in perspective: Turok Dinosaur Hunter cost $70b at my local Blockbuster in 1997.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 40 EmptyWed 19 Jan 2022 - 0:40

I couldn't care less about their games, but if itmeans Kotick and his cronies are out of a job. . . it's nothing close to what they deserve but I suppose it's better going forwards.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 40 EmptyWed 19 Jan 2022 - 9:46

On there games when you look at the IP and what will be 30+ Studios Xbox have, like what could Double Fine do with Spyro.

I'm less so bothered about the big one COD, I'm yet to play Vanguard but a big exclusive now for a lot of people, most of here be Tony Hawk.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 40 EmptyWed 19 Jan 2022 - 11:29

If it means we get a new Vigilante 8, then I guess it's good business.

Looking at their history, Activision has a lot of PC series, which Gamepass could use to get those PC gamer subscriptions. I do feel a bit sad that Microsoft is buying studios left right and centre, it's like when they tried to buy Nintendo, or keep getting linked with buying SEGA. Wouldn't be surprised if they are linked with buying Sony next.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 40 EmptyWed 19 Jan 2022 - 21:21

Buskalilly wrote:
I couldn't care less about their games, but if itmeans Kotick and his cronies are out of a job. . . it's nothing close to what they deserve but I suppose it's better going forwards.

It's looking like Kotick will be booted out after the deal is done... onto a nice soft landing of money, of course. No idea if the board who supported him like the weasels they are (actually that's offensive to weasels, I like weasels) will get the same treatment.

I agree with GJones though, I'm not comfortable with all this monopolisation. I suppose at least there's a chance the more suitable games could come to Switch.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 40 EmptyWed 19 Jan 2022 - 23:09

If you can't beat em', buy em.' Tis the American way.

We don't know the terms of the deal though do we, so it might well be that the agreement MS struck still requires Activision games to be published on multiple platforms for the foreseeable future.

I can't say I'm all too arsed about a lot of their acquisitions. Bethesda publish some great games, but haven't made a great one themselves in years. And Activision is a turd of a company anyway.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 40 EmptyWed 19 Jan 2022 - 23:49

Spencer has had a interview since this has been announced, he's very careful with his words but does sound very much like Bethesda deal, how he's been talking.

Edit
FAQ on Activision side of things and yeah does sound like Bethesda that stuff will still be supported & not taken away eg ESO and any deals even post sale eg Deathloop will be honoured.

Like said I'm also not overly bothered (I have access to all the platforms anyway), I'm more keen if dead IP now comeback but can certainly can see why you buy as how many people play COD and just that maybe on their PlayStation, now be looking at the Xbox ecosystem.

Edit Edit
Seems COD will still be on PlayStation and in an interview Spencer talks about how sees MS, Sony, Valve and Nintendo doing the right things for gaming but he's worried about Amazon, Apple (rumours of a console again), Google, Meta which sounds like MS bought Activision to keep away from the other big tech giants more so then away from Sony or Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 40 EmptyMon 7 Feb 2022 - 22:47

One for the Scots, this:

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 40 EmptyMon 7 Feb 2022 - 23:03

What about the Andys, Lukes, James, Grants why just Scot?
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 40 EmptyTue 8 Feb 2022 - 17:40

Because you don't call disgustang shets jobbies.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 40 EmptyWed 9 Feb 2022 - 8:24

masofdas wrote:
What about the Andys, Lukes, James, Grants why just Scot?

Mas that was terrible and made very confusing because the forum has all the names you listed but I don't think we have a Scot? Do we?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 40 EmptyWed 9 Feb 2022 - 8:56

Umm Orange Racoon.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 40 EmptyWed 9 Feb 2022 - 10:37

Oh, now that you mention it, maybe I did know that! It rings a bell suddenly.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 40 EmptyWed 9 Feb 2022 - 12:24

Balladeer wrote:
One for the Scots, this:

I saw this when they first created their brand a few years back. Awful name, just awful. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 40 EmptyWed 9 Feb 2022 - 14:47

Did they fucking run out of names? Did they seriously think, ah fuck, everything is taken but we've got such a great product that even if we call it Jobbie Pong people will lap it up? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 40 EmptyWed 9 Feb 2022 - 19:43

Ignoring the Jobbie, Pong, and Jobbie Pong issues which are bad enough... Pong the game? Pong the 1972 game? They've named it after that? For people that need to have peanut butter energy for the extensive Pong sessions these eSports kids are into? Don't let a 70-year-old name your product. I hope that doesn't give you Pac-Man fever! You can't play Space Invaders at the Olympics!
And rant over, sorry
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 40 EmptyWed 9 Feb 2022 - 21:46

Sadly I'm going to have to seal off the Jobbie Pong before Forumotion starts doing funny things to this thread. Look forward to more nut butter news in Gaming News Part Trois!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 40 Empty

Back to top Go down

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40