We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Chat Thread

Go down 
+32
Cube
fronkhead
masofdas
Buskalilly
nupkin
spacemanDOUG
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
Athrun888
SuperPaperLink
Treesmurf
Vidofnir
Rum
JayMoyles
NintenDUCK
shanks
oldschool
ShaftVonShafterton
ShadoWolf
Dusty Knackers
Silver light
Fancy Fancy
Crumpy Andy
Solve My Maze
The_Jaster
beemoh
ZeroJones
Kyranitar
Marzy
mandlecreed
Balladeer
Admin
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

The Chat Thread - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 16 EmptySun 9 Jun 2013 - 23:35

Buy a canoe.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 16 EmptyFri 14 Jun 2013 - 4:59

My complaint against workplace bullying has entered an insane stage now. Not only are they paying me to stay home, which is at the end of its second week (I used 6 weeks of sick leave prior to that, meaning I have been off for 8 weeks), but now they have engaged a legal firm, lawyers, and have substantially elevated the level of investigation. They are now interviewing people across 3 states.

I meet the investigator next Tuesday for a more detailed interview, who is staying here for 3-4 days to interview others. This must be costing a crazy amount of money. There must be something in my complaint to raise it to this level, so at least it appears to have some merit.

I get no pleasure from any of this and to be honest, it kind of makes me feel sick thinking about it too much. It makes me sad that people behave in a manner that led to this in the first place.  I have no idea how this will end, but I don't think I will ever go back, no matter the outcome, and I doubt they will want me back.  Either I will be fired at worst case (complaint dismissed) or they will pay me to resign (complaint upheld) as the people won't want to work with me again.  I am not enjoying a single moment of this.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 16 EmptyFri 14 Jun 2013 - 7:33

Oh, oldschool. It doesn't sound like there's a positive resolution to your situation. Aww! Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 16 EmptyFri 14 Jun 2013 - 7:50

Hope everything goes okay. It does sound like your argument had merit, which is consoling.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 16 EmptyFri 14 Jun 2013 - 8:08

ZeroJones wrote:
Oh, oldschool. It doesn't sound like there's a positive resolution to your situation. Aww! Good luck.
No ZJ, I think it means the opposite.  The investigators did a preliminary investigation and submitted to the company that it warrants a full investigation.  That means my complaint has merit.  Now it would appear that this is about the level of merit.  The only issue I have is that everything is still unpredictable.  If by no positive resolution, you mean I have no job soon, then that isn't a negative for me, as I really don't see why I would want to go back, as it made me seriously unwell.  I just want closure, and to move on with my life.  I won't do that at a cost to me, as I have invested too much into this now.

Thanks Balladeer.  It will be consoling to have an outcome in my favour, as it validates the complaints I made about their behaviour.  Principle is always worth the most.  As I always say, I would rather lose with the truth and win with a lie.  I will never be contradicted on fact, but there is always hesaid, she said involved.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 16 EmptySun 16 Jun 2013 - 12:09

oldschool wrote:
No ZJ, I think it means the opposite.  The investigators did a preliminary investigation and submitted to the company that it warrants a full investigation.  That means my complaint has merit.  Now it would appear that this is about the level of merit.  The only issue I have is that everything is still unpredictable.  If by no positive resolution, you mean I have no job soon, then that isn't a negative for me, as I really don't see why I would want to go back, as it made me seriously unwell.  I just want closure, and to move on with my life.  I won't do that at a cost to me, as I have invested too much into this now.

Thanks Balladeer.  It will be consoling to have an outcome in my favour, as it validates the complaints I made about their behaviour.  Principle is always worth the most.  As I always say, I would rather lose with the truth and win with a lie.  I will never be contradicted on fact, but there is always he said, she said involved.

Good luck oldschool. It sounds like only a legal bullshitting will stop them from agreeing with you, at least, but I understand your concern as to what happens next. It makes me appreciate how lucky I am in that the small business I work for is run by reasonable human beings.

Though not quite a serious as the explosion you're in the middle of, my sister's going through something involving a mental health concern at work, so reading this post causes my stomach to churn a bit. I'm going with her to an assessment tomorrow; because it's to do with the workplace, the doctors are funded by the companies that employ the patients. Bit worried about impartiality.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 16 EmptySun 16 Jun 2013 - 14:23

Good luck with your sister's problem Jimbob.  My experience with mental health issues now leaves me feeling that most of the effort to get people to be open about them, is that it only works if it suits others.  It took a lot to get me to admit I had a problem and seek help, but to then have others deliberatley seek to make it worse, in order to benefit them is very disappointing.  There is no such thing as impartiality unfortunately, as it comes down to whether you are liked or not.  Again, good luck with it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 16 EmptySun 16 Jun 2013 - 20:14

I'm sorry to hear about your situations, guys; I know how rotten it is to be desperately unhappy at work. I effectively left my last job because I couldn't stand the horrible atmosphere created by a new manager who took over. She was an utter bitch to everyone, and the higher-ups simply refused to see it.

I do believe in karma, though, and I was amused to learn shortly after my departure (and four other colleagues) that the manager's husband had since left her for another woman.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 16 EmptyMon 17 Jun 2013 - 13:45

Hope it all turns out well.  Whatever happens though try to take something positive away from it.  It's the only thing I can do when I've had to walk away from bullying situations.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 16 EmptyTue 18 Jun 2013 - 9:13

IT'S OVER 2000!

Except it's not.  It's exactly 2000.  Dear oh dear.  Still, ain't no one can't say the admins. don't invest no time in this forum.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 16 EmptyTue 18 Jun 2013 - 9:17

2000 holy hell that's a lot, and here's me on 631
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 16 EmptyTue 18 Jun 2013 - 12:17

If you tripled my post count at the moment, you'd still fall short of 2000. That's what the students might call "bare posts".

Er. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 16 EmptyTue 18 Jun 2013 - 12:54

The Chat Thread - Page 16 Bear1

Tip: click "enlarge" for more bear.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 16 EmptyTue 18 Jun 2013 - 13:36

I met with an Investigator today, to answer questions about my complaint against managers where I work. What I learned from it is some of what direction they are taking with this. It seems a little bit like self preservation and protection. They have handed the case to a legal firm, lawyers, and now the Investigator is employed by that legal firm (as mentioned before and this is a very expensive way to do it).  What this actually means, is that whatever reports are written, whatever evidence is collected, is protected by privilege. That means I could not access it should I want to take further action. Seems a little heavy handed to me and quite unnecessary.

I found the investigator to be genuine, he is an ex-police officer, and he seems to be quite appalled at how they treated me.  He even acknowledged that the senior boss is quite nervous about being interviewed and that HR are not happy with this has gone.  He made it clear he isn't happy with the lawyers demands and doesn't agree with them.  No guarantees that it will all work out in my favour, but I should have a much clearer idea of what is happening in 3 weeks.  My best case scenario is they negotiate my exit and who knows what that could mean.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 16 EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013 - 14:44

As the continuing saga with my employer goes, it took a new turn today.  They openly discussed an 'exit' plan with me.  The first figure they offered me was laughable, as it was 3 months pay.  I explained exactly why that was not worth the conversation, explaining that it was I who was wronged and the investigation is going to show that, plus it has damaged my job prospects and throwing me into a pretty poor job market scenario.  I made it clear, if we are discussing an exit, it needs to ensure I have some security from it.  I didn't even really plan to discuss exit strategies, as that isn't why I made my complaint. To be honest, it made me feel dirty just talking about it.

I was pushed to give them a number that I was willing to leave for, so I told them it amounted to 12 months pay at the very minimum to even be a discussion.  I really didn't expect a favourable response, but I gave the number just for the sake of it.  They will tell me tomorrow if they are willing to do so, and under the current circumstances, I wouldn't be surprised if they make the offer.  I get the feeling they want me gone before the report is concluded and they are very concerned about me taking it to Fairwork, our industrial court, where they would almost certainly lose.

I do need to get some independent advice if they make me an offer.  I like working and I did enjoy my job, but there is far too much angst for me to return and I accept that.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 16 EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013 - 17:23

This is seriously cool.  It may say Black Rock Shooter but it's mostly Link kicking backside.

Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 16 EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013 - 21:18

ZeroJones wrote:
If you tripled my post count at the moment, you'd still fall short of 2000. That's what the students might call "bare posts".

Er. Embarrassed

not that far from it though, 661*3=1983 Razz
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 16 EmptyThu 20 Jun 2013 - 7:28

I know! Getting closer to being a third of Balla's post count, one post at a time... Shocked
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 16 EmptyThu 20 Jun 2013 - 8:53

Well, work made me an offer to resign from my employment and I rejected it.  They offered me $30,000 and I replied that there is no discussion on any number below $56,000.  I am not going that cheaply, especially after what they put me through.  It isn't the money, it is the principle and my number represents that at a minimum.
Back to top Go down
nupkin
Stability Update
nupkin

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 16 EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013 - 22:45

Hi oldschool, I really admire you for persisting and having the courage to keep soldiering on and fighting your corner. The world needs more people like you, who aren't afraid to hold work bullies accountable. There are simply too many hostile people in office environments who know how to suck up to senior management while belittling the people below them, only recognising them when they have the same (crap) work ethic; but their victims would rather move on without creating a stir.

It's also helpful to remember that just because such rottweilers are "successful" in the sense that they are promoted / recognised by senior management at work, they are not successful in the purest sense of the word: achieving happiness. For people to behave antagonistically toward others without sound reason, there is a clearly an underlying deep-seated suffering or insecurity. So just because they have ripped colleagues to shreds doesn't mean they live a enriching, peaceful and contented life.

You, on the other hand, are staying at home and playing videogames, if you're not kicking the asses of these utter swines! Good luck to you, I would frickin' demand every penny you know you deserve!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 16 EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013 - 22:46

Oops, you got her started. Razz
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 16 EmptySat 22 Jun 2013 - 3:56

On another note, everyone should listen to C64 music.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 16 EmptySat 22 Jun 2013 - 5:35

Get back in your box Balladeer, nothing wrong with passion Grin

When I have discussed what has happened with work friends, we all agree that even though I will be gone, things will change.  The people who caused this will have a significant amount of scrutiny and the company will ensure such an event is unlikely to occur into the future.  This whole experience will cost the company at least $200k to clean up (lawyers, investigators, me), so they aren't going to just pretend it didn't happen.  I am happy that something better will happen for my friends after I am gone as a cosnsequence of my actions.

Apparently the investigator and the lawyers are somewhat surprised that they were offering me money to leave in the middle of an investigation.  I don't think there is much communication.  If nothing else, it could aid my cause if I instigated action, as it is unlikely that I would be offered $30k to leave if I was in the wrong.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 16 EmptySat 22 Jun 2013 - 16:22

It has been very cold at our place lately, being Winter and all.  It has been cloud and breeze free for days, with heavy frosts every day.  Today I went for a hike, about 20 minutes from my house and I couldn't resist showing you how beautiful it is looking at the moment.  There is a large dam on a friend's farm and the reflection on the water was simply superb.

In this photo, my house is just below a group of trees on the far right, with a noticeable line down the middle of it.  I really love the scenery around our house and going for walks is always worth it.

The Chat Thread - Page 16 IMG_1549_zps7c08e216
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 16 EmptySat 22 Jun 2013 - 17:05

You made the relevant thread yourself, ya numpty!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Chat Thread
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next