We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Things That Really !&$%2 You Off

Go down 
+26
Rum
Muss
gjones
flora-chan
NintenDUCK
Dead Lemon
Admin
Xelviar
Solve My Maze
The Cappuccino Kid
oldschool
Luigi442wii
minecrafter7744
Vidofnir
Jimbob
ZeroJones
Gogoata
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
fronkhead
Athrun888
shanks
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Balladeer
masofdas
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 17 EmptySat 21 May 2016 - 15:47

Sooooo, currently have some actual bogans living next door.  Really missing the previous owner woman who used to come out at night and have a smock/hacking cough right now.  

To give what I just said some context, as I might have hinted at in the past I live in a small unit (part of a pair of them) at the back of a property.  

Anyway, the unit is essentially sideways compared to the rest of the houses in the area.  I'm really s*** at describing this set-up, so here's a diagram instead!

Anyway, reason I call them bogans is simple really.  It's midnight right now and they're in the yard literally shouting and cursing their pratish heads off.  They're normally a real nuisance anyway, as the diagram shows there's less than a meter between their yard and both units kitchen/lounge room areas, so absolutely every tiny little noise comes straight in to this shoebox of a room.  And the entire pair of units.

They're normally pretty bad as it is, choosing to park their very old very very badly conditioned vehicles right next to the units part of the fence and constantly revving the engines for all their worth, but tonight is something else.  Lots of shouting and swearing and banging of what sounds like the fence itself.  All that's needed now is loud music to complete the bogan yard party trifecta!

It is now 2:25 AM: It's time I hit the pillow, meanwhile they are still loudly yacking on and just being public nuisances. Profanities are still flying through the air along with a complete disregard for the fact this is a small compact neighbourhood and it's now the early hours of the morning.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 17 EmptySat 21 May 2016 - 18:11

I always forget you're Australian. Then you say "bogans" ten times in one post Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 17 EmptySat 21 May 2016 - 22:50

The constant Australian politics moaning doesn't tip you off? Tongue
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 17 EmptySun 22 May 2016 - 2:21

Well someone has to care about the politics.. I personally don't and won't until it's closer to voting time.

Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 17 EmptySun 22 May 2016 - 10:46

Haven't heard a peep from the place the entire day.   Twisted Evil  Here's hoping their hangovers are as bad as having needles shoved through their skulls.

On the bright side everyone on the surrounding properties hates them now, so there's that perk.

Balladeer wrote:
The constant Australian politics moaning doesn't tip you off? Tongue

Now now, I haven't really done that much since Abbott got went!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 17 EmptySun 22 May 2016 - 11:02

That's fair actually, apologies!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 17 EmptySun 22 May 2016 - 12:24

Athrun888 wrote:
On the bright side everyone on the surrounding properties hates them now, so there's that perk.

It does bring a community together to have someone you can all hate, doesn't it? I hate to say it, but it is kinda nice.
Huh, I can see where bullying and racism and stuff comes from now...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 17 EmptySun 22 May 2016 - 17:29

When you very nicely have given your brother the Sky ID details for using Sky Go but he locks you out entirely of using it yourself because he's registered a new device. I thought removing said device would fix it but no Sky only allow you change it once per month so I'm locked out of using the app on my ps4 for a whole month.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 17 EmptySun 22 May 2016 - 22:58

Phone them up Jas and ask to get through to Sky Go support - they should be able to help you out. If I remember rightly, they can get round the restriction, but I'm not 100% sure on that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 17 EmptySun 22 May 2016 - 22:59

Can't even get Sky Go to work at all on my phone. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 17 EmptySun 22 May 2016 - 23:05

It's finicky, aye. Glad I don't have to help folks set it up at work!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 17 EmptyMon 23 May 2016 - 0:21

JayMoyles wrote:
Phone them up Jas and ask to get through to Sky Go support - they should be able to help you out. If I remember rightly, they can get round the restriction, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

I'll probably look into that the morra then.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 17 EmptyMon 23 May 2016 - 1:19

That my Japan trip is over already
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 17 EmptyMon 23 May 2016 - 12:21

Yay mild depression super fun times yay

Sooner the day's over and I can crawl in to bed the better. This has been one of those super mentally draining days. Thank god for video game escapism
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 17 EmptyMon 23 May 2016 - 15:53

That's no good, Athers. Hope it's a better day tomorrow.

Doing a favour for someone you owe one to but it being a horrible experience. Work-related, so no further details possible.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 17 EmptyWed 25 May 2016 - 6:15

Well, two days later and it's a good day. Funny thing about yesterday, the mild depression was gone alas I had a headache instead.

The irony of coming down with a nasty headache not two days after wishing them on other people is not exactly lost on me. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 17 EmptyWed 25 May 2016 - 7:11

The person on the other end of the phone when Jo applied to give notice of our marriage. We're getting married in a Catholic church in Chester but because we don't live there there a lot of hoops to jump through. The lady told Jo that it was the council who gave permission to marry, not our local priest (who is on the case), and nearly didn't let us give notice because of our 'normal place of worship'. Evil or Very Mad She also said that if Jo was found to be lying, she could go to court on perjury charges. Jo was really upset by this and I'm in the frame of mind that I want to find out this woman's name and complain - that is no way to talk to an already potentially stressed-to-the-eyeballs bride-to-be.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 17 EmptyWed 25 May 2016 - 8:40

Honestly it's no way to talk to another person full stop, absolutely outrageous those remarks are.  

On a more light-hearted note, mister Depp is starting to get on my nerves with his constant entitled whining about how he was treated over his decision to smuggle his poodles in to Australia.  

I was, emphasis on the word there, once on his side regarding the matter, however since it came to light he and his wife knew full well it was illegal and deliberately did it anyway I've little time for his entitled whining of the matter.  

Australia has some of the most unique wildlife on the planet, and on top of that we have managed to keep various somewhat common diseases like rabies at bay through the use of our very strict quarantine laws.  The same laws Depp is running around the world acting as if they are entirely stupid.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 17 EmptyWed 25 May 2016 - 16:36

It's like he never watched the frog episode of the Simpsons.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 17 EmptyWed 25 May 2016 - 17:51

Depp or me? If me you'd be right, only ever saw a bit of the first season years and years ago on a barely functioning dvd and a few reruns on commercial tv so long ago I don't remember the details. The humour in the Simpsons never really struck a chord with me besides the season 1 episodes, preferred sitcoms like As Time Goes By and Keeping Up Appearances
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 17 EmptyWed 25 May 2016 - 18:20

Depp. There's an episode all about Bart accidentally bringing a bullfrog to Australia and devastating the ecosystem.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 17 EmptyWed 25 May 2016 - 21:35

Was it really whining though? One of the US talks shows asked him about it and all he did was call Barnaby a inbred tomato, to which in his defence when Barnaby is all hot and red he's kinda not wrong
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 17 EmptyWed 25 May 2016 - 22:09

It feels like another sign that megacelebrities think that they are above the law. Smuggling their ruddy dogs on a private plane and daring to be even a bit annoyed when they get caught? Bit of humility, proper apology, move on. But no. Do us all a favour and stop talking about it, Mr. Depp.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 17 EmptyThu 26 May 2016 - 8:58

Drunkalilly wrote:
Depp. There's an episode all about Bart accidentally bringing a bullfrog to Australia and devastating the ecosystem.

Ah, gotcha.

shanks wrote:
Was it really whining though? One of the US talks shows asked him about it and all he did was call Barnaby a inbred tomato, to which in his defence when Barnaby is all hot and red he's kinda not wrong

His remark may not have been entirely wrong (and to be fair who doesn't poke fun at Barnaby, especially after his hilarious comments last night saying he thinks Indonesia let asylum seeker boats through over the live cattle export halt), however his tone and words gave off an air that he felt hard done by by Australia's laws as well.  

Barnaby may be a bit of a tosser (okay, a lot of a tosser  Laughing ) however it's been forever now and the constant snipes of Depp's about how he fell afoul of the law here is just plain annoying at this point.  Barnaby going global looking like a fool for trying to exterminate a couple of poddles was funny, as was the hilariously flat video Depp and his soon-to-be-divorced-wife made, but it's where this should have ended.  The way Depp phrases the jokes give me, at least, the distinct impression he isn't just taking shots at Barnaby, but at Australia's laws themselves, and at this point it feels very entitled.

Not to mention you'd think Depp would know Barnaby is the type of guy who likes having the opportunity to mouth off publicly, and yet he just keeps giving the guy opportunities to do just that!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 17 EmptySat 18 Jun 2016 - 10:26

Tfw there's something on the pre-owned shelves at GAME that you're getting as a present but the guy in front of you is pre-ordering everything he liked the look of from E3 and when you get to the till the dude can't find the game after four, five minutes of rummaging and a big queue has formed behind you.

There's probably one single German word for that feeling.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Things That Really !&$%2 You Off
Page 17 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next